Riad Baraka Reviews

12 derb Ben Yakoub Chefchaouen, 91000, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Location, staff, room, terrace all perfect. By far the best hostel we stayed in in Morocco. Great value for money.

Definitely, Riad Baraka deserves a 100%. Beautiful place, very clean and welcoming ! The owners has understood one thing that most riads don't : Music! There's always very cool music all around the place so that the atmosphere is always nice! Five minutes after my arrival in there, I asked Joseph to book my room for an additional night ! Worth the time ! And Chefchaouen is amazing !!!!

• 22nd Sep 2013

Great place! Clean and fully restored. Best place I stayed in Morocco!

Thanks mate your welcome any time great guest!

Nice place, very quiet. The owner is a great character and very informative. Probably more suited to 25 age group, not really a party hostel. But I thoroughly enjoyed it. Beautiful terrace and views.

Glad you enjoyed the place and your right it's not a party hostel we advertise it as an immaculately clean house with a relaxed atmosphere happy travels joe

At the beginning we had our problems with ben (the host). He doesn't to be interessted in making his guests feel comfortable. But after you accept that he is just like that you get along well with him,

The reason we clashed from the start is you wanted to use the house to the level nobody else could enjoy it! You were five nice girls no doubt and we got along well as soon as your group appreciated the orther people in the Riad and you weren't auditioning for Glee happy Travels !

Riad Baraka was beautifully kept and maintained, each room in the hostel had a wonderful atmosphere and the terrace in particular had a breathtaking view. It was easy to find and in a good location to walk to all the major streets. The hostel was around the corner from a great restaurant where there were cheap, filling and delicious meals served with a smile. We really enjoyed our stay in Chefchaouen and Riad Baraka was a big contribution to that.

Thank you ladies you were a pleasure enjoy Spain!

You can't say anything bad about this Riad! We only spent one night there what we regret now, it is probably the most beautiful city in Marocco and compared to the rest of the country very relaxed and laid back.

Thank you for your review give Chaouen more time, next time !

This is a beautiful hostel. It's in a great location, is very clean and bright, and my room had a lot of Moroccan charm. My only critique is that the staff were less welcoming and willing to engage than the staff at other hostels. After giving me a tour, they hung out watching TV in a reception room with the door closed the whole time I was there. I felt like I was disturbing and Inconveniencing them by asking them any questions.

I am glad you liked the place if I remember correctly you came late in the day and left on the Casablanca bus at 6.15 in the morning I remember as I had to come and find you as you left your I phone best wishes joe

Riad Baraka is a well organized, clean accomodation run by a british family. The rooms are simple and clean, there are fans or airconditioning as well as hot water. On the great roofterrace there is a minibar and a small DVD Lounge witch a great choice of movies. You can use Wifi and hire a Laptop or IPad.

Thanks glad you enjoyed the place

One of the most beautiful places I've ever stayed. Wonderful terrace overlooking Chefchaouen, located right near everything in the Medina, and Anne was really helpful about everything. Very secure as well, with great rooms that were spotless. All around one of the best places we've ever stayed. It was also great that you could actually get a beer or some wine up on the terrace at the end of a hot August day.

Thank you your review means a lot!

Amazing place to stay. Probably one of the best places I have stayed ever. Love the feel of it and that you could just stay there and unwind. Very clean. Breakfast was amazing. Love the little friends that they had all over the place. I will be staying there if i ever return to Chaouen. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there! Hope that Joe enjoyed my recommendation for Fleet Foxes and The Avett Brothers.

You were a pleasure to have in our home happy travels best wishes joe an co!

Fantastic little raid in the heart of the medina which is really easy to find too! Anne was fab, full of local knowledge and whips up a delicious breakfast too. The riad is split onto lots of levels and has a lovely relaxed atmosphere to it where you can chill on the terrace, listen to music, watch DVDs or help yourself to whatever is in the honesty fridge! This riad reflects the atmosphere of chefchaouen itself.

Thanks a lot mate you were a pleasure to have in the house so glad you enjoyed what we offer!

The hostel is really beautiful, in particular the terrace. The hostel-man Joe is helpful and kind

Thanks mate we liked you to!

This place is gorgeous, with unbelievable views from the terrace, and very clean well-kept rooms. I can see what people mean with the owners seeming rude, especially the lady, but when you get her son talking he has a wealth of knowledge about morocco and was pretty helpful. not the cheapest place you'll find in morocco, and breakfast isn't included, but a lovely place for a more comfortable stay than a hostel. Also, chefchaeouen is amazing!

Really nice hostel, incredibly clean and tidy with a nice atmosphere. Anne was really helpful throughout our stay. Highly recommend.

thanks for your comments glad you enjoyed the Baraka.

The most beautiful thing is the terrace and the view of the blue city of chefchouen!!

• 29th Jul 2013

Good location, looked good and was confortable. But the lady who oned the place seemed to hate us from the begining. We tried not to bother her, but she was pissed allready when we left our backpacks in her hallway for 15 minits. At night we arrived at 00.30 and she 'shhh't' us. We tried to be very quiet but she came upstairs and told us that we 'also could leve' if we didn't like the place. The place is very nice, if they replace the staff..

Just not nice guests but it comes with the job!

The cleanest and most beautiful Riad in Moroccp!Ann was a fantastic host who gave us great tip on where to eat and what to see!The breakfast is brilliant with fresh fruit salad.Highly recommended

Greg you were a pleasure to have around happy travels!

I couldn't have asked for a better experience in Fes. My friend and I arrived, put our things away and set out for a walk about town. Asiz, the owner, invited is to go with him and buy food at the market for the break fast during Ramadan. We then feasted (our best meal in Morroco) with our friends from his other guesthouse (Riad al Yasmin) and his friends. Asiz is a beautiful soul and has a lot of amazing energy. I also highly recommend the Sahara journey with the private van. Simply amazing!

One of the best hostels where I stayed in Marocco. The owners (english) explained everything and gave us really good tips for our further trip even without asking. The hostel has got a beautiful roof terrace with an amazing view over Chefchaouen! There is even relaxing music playing all the time. Our room was small (especially the bed) but clean and well decorated. The bath (also pretty small) had almost european standards. We would definitely stay there again!

Riad Barraka has the style and Facilaties of Riads twice the price for Half the money our the compromise is smaller rooms ,but big communual areas.

View all Chefchaouen Bed and Breakfasts