Riad Chakir Mogador Reviews

13 Rue ben morhal, 4400 Essaouira, Essaouira, Morocco

This Riad is in an excellent location in Medina (old town). The staff were friendly and hospitable. The room was spacious, WiFi worked well and towels were provided in the bathroom.

Shower is worst we had in Morocco. Sheets are very old.

I cannot praise Riad Chakir Mogador too highly. It is beautiful, a treasure trove of Moroccan applied arts and crafts, each room totally distinctive. It is spotlessly clean,comfortable and extremely welcoming. Perfectly situated, within the medina. Excellent breakfast. Great value for money

The staff were friendly,beautifully decorated riad, our little room was great, our bathroom was really good as well, the free breakfast was delicious, the location excellent.... Maybe the security could be improved a bit, our room door was easy to open even if it was locked, as it was difficult to bolt the one door into the floor...... Otherwise, we loved staying here!

Really good hostel. The riad is just a dream.

What a wonderful place to stay - great location, friendly staff, lovely atmosphere, it was a great stay!

• 3rd Aug 2013

Room was good. Place is cute. Breakfast takes forever for some reason, but it's just juice and tea and bread.

• 10th Aug 2012

WARNING - Make sure you get a receipt after payment! My boyfriend and I stayed at the Riad Chakir in December last year. We booked online through Hostelworld and paid the deposit as required using my credit card. On arrival at the riad I paid the remaining balance in cash – I was not given a receipt and very stupidly I did not ask for one. When I received my credit card statement in January I found that the Riad had charged my credit card for the same amount I had paid on arrival!

• 28th Dec 2011

It is a beautiful and comfortable place with a lot of character and very good service. Tasty, traditional styling of the interior with spacious patio. Quiet. Tasty, reach breakfasts. Any help we needed we received it and everyone, including the owner, really wanted always to help and was able to do that. Location is perfect - quiet small street and at the same time in the heart of the old medina of Fez. We even got a bigger studio for the price of normal room when we extended our stay.

Great location and really good staff. The place was being decorrated while we were there so a little disruption, but not a problem. We'd certainly stay again.

Very nice place right off the main street in the medina. The staff was very kind, the guy we dealt with didn't speak english but we could tell he really wanted to be helpful.

The hostel is well located in the medina and the staff are all helpful and some speak English. Breakfast; is good.Rooms are cleaned daily and the general atmosphere is very positive.

Great location, authentic Moroccon style, really nice staff and good value!

Great hotel, really nice riad, excellent location very helpful staff. Overall excellent money value.

Wonderful little riad with great employees. We had a two-person room that was comfortable, clean, and warm (it was winter, so this was an issue). The ensuite bathroom was definitely on the small side but it still served our needs perfectly. The location is also very good; everything is walkable from here. The riad has decent wi-fi downstairs in the common room, which also has a TV for guests.

Lovely staff and breakfast! Very well located! I highly recommend this riad.

Excellent Riad - highly recommended. Clean, safe and friendly, good position.

The Riad was amazing, really beautiful. The staff was so helpful and kind, we felt at home. The room clean and comfortable, nicely decorated. Breakfast delicious. It was more than we expected, we definitely recomend it.

Good place very friendly and helpful - ready to assist with information and all the extras that cop up.

nice hostel, friendly staff, good location. They've got a wonderfull roofterrace

View all Essaouira Bed and Breakfasts