Riad Dia Reviews

Zefriti No. 6, El Ksour, Place D'Jeema el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

Hostel very close to the main square...staff excellent..full credit to Layla and Mohammed. Great ambiance although can be noisey at night, especially if you have an early start the next day. I personally found the beds uncomfortable but that was me and others may feel different. Easy and good to organise trips from the hostel

I had an amazing time at Riad Dia!!! It's in the perfect spot just a minute walk from the main square, and the staff really do everything they can to make you feel at home. The owner even took me to an internet cafe after midnight so I could print last-minute plane tickets. great atmosphere, colorful traditional riad style, rooftop terrace, and hot water. They even greet you with mint tea and cookies when you check in. And I was able to book an awesome (and inexpensive) Sahara tour right there.

Amazing staff and great location but the beds were not great and it is a loud riad. Staff were so friendly though and made it a great experience, they also organize desert excursions from the riad which is very convenient

Amazing Riad and great staff. Felt right at home staying here. Soo close to the main square. Airport pick up was great and waterfall excursion was something else. There was 8 of us in the one room, never much of a wait for bathroom and place was kept so clean. Turtles on rooftop where fab! Many thanks to Layla

• 1st Mar 2015

I stayed here with 5 other friends for 2 nights while we explored Marrakech. Everyone there was super friendly. They served us tea and cookies whenever we sat down in the common area and were very helpful in pointing out things to do and see in the city. It was hard to find at first because of where we were dropped off by the taxi, but once we found it, the location was ideal -- close to the Mosque and the market.

• 26th Feb 2015

Riad Dia is definately one of the best hostels in the world. Staff is super friendly and trying their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I was solo female traveler and everytime I came back to hostel I felt really safe and calm. I think Riad is the warmest memory I brought from Marrakesh.

We really liked the hostel! the roof top is just amazing and the location in marrakech is perfekt; in the middle of the center!

The perfect place in Marrakech, after the hussle of the street to come back to Dia was just what everyone needed. Really social chilled out place with great facilities. Staff made the place hard to leave, constantly helping us navigate our trip, organise excursions and answer any questions we had. A must if you are passing through. One of my favourite places, cant wait to come back. 10 out of 10

• 10th Feb 2015

Pros: - Excellent location - Knowledgeable staff - Good value for money Cons - Poor security; no lockers, no internal locks on room doors. - Access at night can be difficult as it requires a member of staff to be up to let you in. - Very cold at night - Very few bathrooms for the number of people staying. - Rock-hard beds and pillows. - Some lazy staff - Very little storage space - Bland, unappealing breakfast Recommended? No.

THE place to be in Marrakech! Thank you very much - it s been a awesome trip to Marokko! Thank=)

• 24th Jan 2015

It's a good hostel for the price range and Layla is very helpful but I had the worst bed of my life in the very top room and the lack of bathrooms is a problem.i never saw hot water in two days and the bathrooms are a bit grim to be honest.i did the three day Sahara trip with these guys and it was excellent.thank you

We had a great time, whether we were eating breakfast in the sunshine on the roof terrace or hanging out with other guests in the social area, the staff was super accommodating. Highly recommended! :)

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great hostel. We made a mistake in the booking and it was no problem to change. A lot of information about the city. They helped plan a trip to the atlas mountains and have lota of great excursions. Great staff really friendly esspecially sanae who helped us change our booking.

• 2nd Jan 2015

It is just such an awesome place. Really beautiful and colourful building, located literally in the heart of Marrakech by the Grande Place Jemaa el-Fnaa. The members of the staff are amazing. Always willing to help and make your staying as comfortable as possible. They would give you tea as many times as you want. The breakfast is included and it's really nice. The athmosphere is also amazing; loads of backpackers, and they have an AWESOME rooftop.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Spain

The hostel is absolutely gorgeous - we stayed in both a dorm and the private rooms which were in a separate building just around the corner (and there is always staff on hand to show you way if you're unsure about the twisty turny Marrakesh alleyways). The girls who run the hostel are lovely and we met a lot of people around the hostel, so no worries if you're a single traveler. They run cheap, no fuss excursions and have free tea and breakfast. Special thanks to Saeed!!

Great staff and location that can't be beaten! Would definitely stay here again when I come back to Marrakech!

• 30th Dec 2014

Beautiful Hostel! Staff is very welcomming and helpfull. No keys -you have to knock the door and staff will let you in: very secure! Free tee, they sell water, beer and shisha in the reception. We lovede our stay hete!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Norway

Good location. The riad and the terrace are really good, and male for a nice atmosphere. Staff were particularly friendly. The biggest downside was the showers. While the bathrooms themselves were nice, the lack of consistent water pressure and temperature which made it difficult to have a shower particularly in the cold mornings.

Colourful interior. I booked an excursion to Merzouga through Riad Dia and it was a good value. The 14 bed dormitory is quite crowded. When I arrived at Place Jemaa el Fna and couldn't find the way, I called the hostel and they were so kind to send someone to pick me up.

I stayed 3 days at Riad Dia and this was my first visit to Morocco. Watch the "how to find the hostel" video - it is really helpful. The hostel is close to the main square but feels very quit at the same time. The nights were kind of cold but I guess that is normal in December. There were also not so many people there during my stay so getting a shower was not a problem. The staff were really great. Fluent in English and knowledgeable of what to see/do in the city and trips to take.

« first « Prev 1 2 3