Riad Dia Reviews

Zefriti No. 6, El Ksour, Place D'Jeema el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

my worst night in africa: really hard pillow, thinnest bed sheet I ever had, cardboard feel bed and closed room without any ventilation

Special thanks to Layla and Nortin (Sorry I'm not sure if I spelled his name correctly) for being very accommodating and helpful throughout our stay. Despite having some difficulties communicating due to the language barrier, Nortin was very patient and helpful with us during our check-in and we are very grateful for that. :) -Valentin

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

It was sooo nice stay! Staffs are very friendly and kind, it's like a family.When I asked for a staff about my train, she searched for the time in Internet for me. Rooms were so colorful, lovely and I slept so good. When I visit Marrakech again,I' ll be back certainly:) Thank you so much!!

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Japan

Great hostel in the Medina of Marrakech. The stuff is very helpful and friendly. The Riad is nice and cool. Good breakfast is included. As a plus the internet is working well. I would stay here again! Only downside: You need to take care of your stuff as there are no lockers.

Most beautiful hostel I've seen yet. Once I found the hostel, the location was very good for the center, I only stayed for one day but it was comfortable and clean. Staff couldnt be nicer, and the best shower/bathroom ever. Good breakfast and beautiful tea throughout the day =)

Really nice hostel. It is perfectly located (close to the main square) and the staff is friendly, helpfull and dedicated to you. Layla, especially is a really nice and always there if you need anything.

• 12th Apr 2015

The place is amazing, looks amazing, staff (layla, salim and nordin) amazing. I saw other riads and its the best in Marrakech. The atmosphere is ideal to meet people. Maybe the owner should invest in a second wifi router and lockers, verify some matresses and shower heads to be perfect. Otherwise the terrasse is amazing, location is amazing, its actualy better than lots of hostels in Europe!!!! I miss you Riad Dia.

Riad Dia is amazing. You cannot get a better location, and the hostel itself is as authentic as it gets. Leyla and her staff ae so nice and helpful. She even let us shower after we came back from a day trip and had aleady checked out. Definitiely the place to stay in Marrakech

• 10th Apr 2015

First experience in a hostel and it was so good that it made it difficult going to other hoster afterward!!! Irwin and David the bartenders will help without hesitations. The place is perfect.

A garbage in the rooms would be helpful

PRO's: 1. Near the Medina and Jemaa el-Fna. 2. Free towels. 3. Good breakfast. CON's: 1. No lockers. I prefer a hostel where I can safely leave my stuff. 2. They turn on the blaring music at night, which is noisy. They turn it off towards midnight though. In my last night, I was transferred from my booked 6-bed to an 8-bed bedroom. No compensation for it. Wanted a popular hammam with massage (45MAD) but they referred me to a lousy massage spa for 200MAD. I felt robbed. Beware of Koutoubia Spa!

Riad Dia was our absolute favourite hostel we have stayed in! It is a beautiful colourful building that has such a relaxed atmosphere. The staff are what absolutely make this place! We had such helpful advice not only about Marrakesh but all around Morocco. We felt completely safe at this hostel and will continue to recommend this place to everyone!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Would have stayed longer but for lady in my dormitory that had the most horrendous snoring every night.....otherwise a brilliant Riad

Riad Dia is awesome!! The location is right next to the main square and the staff is super helpful in directing you to anything that you might need or want. Don't hesitate to ask them for help booking tours or finding your way around. They also helped us make arrangements for transport from the airport. Even though Riad Dia is a hostel the service is excellent and you are made to feel like family. Thank you Layla, Mohammed and Salim for making our stay in Marrakech so nice and easy!

• 21st Mar 2015

Hostel very close to the main square...staff excellent..full credit to Layla and Mohammed. Great ambiance although can be noisey at night, especially if you have an early start the next day. I personally found the beds uncomfortable but that was me and others may feel different. Easy and good to organise trips from the hostel

We arrived at the hostel and immediately felt like home! The rooms, bathrooms and the terasses are so beautiful and the staff like family :) we were even able to use the kitchen for cooking! Its very oriental and original! It's very near to the square and from the terrace you have a great view! It remined me so much of the 1001 arabic tales :) When we went along for traveling we left same things here till we came back "home". great thing!! Cheers to everbody and especially mama layla :))))

• 8th Mar 2015

I had an amazing time at Riad Dia!!! It's in the perfect spot just a minute walk from the main square, and the staff really do everything they can to make you feel at home. The owner even took me to an internet cafe after midnight so I could print last-minute plane tickets. great atmosphere, colorful traditional riad style, rooftop terrace, and hot water. They even greet you with mint tea and cookies when you check in. And I was able to book an awesome (and inexpensive) Sahara tour right there.

Amazing staff and great location but the beds were not great and it is a loud riad. Staff were so friendly though and made it a great experience, they also organize desert excursions from the riad which is very convenient

Amazing Riad and great staff. Felt right at home staying here. Soo close to the main square. Airport pick up was great and waterfall excursion was something else. There was 8 of us in the one room, never much of a wait for bathroom and place was kept so clean. Turtles on rooftop where fab! Many thanks to Layla

• 1st Mar 2015

I stayed here with 5 other friends for 2 nights while we explored Marrakech. Everyone there was super friendly. They served us tea and cookies whenever we sat down in the common area and were very helpful in pointing out things to do and see in the city. It was hard to find at first because of where we were dropped off by the taxi, but once we found it, the location was ideal -- close to the Mosque and the market.

• 26th Feb 2015