Riad Dia Reviews

Zefriti No. 6, El Ksour, Place D'Jeema el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

Pros: - Excellent location - Knowledgeable staff - Good value for money Cons - Poor security; no lockers, no internal locks on room doors. - Access at night can be difficult as it requires a member of staff to be up to let you in. - Very cold at night - Very few bathrooms for the number of people staying. - Rock-hard beds and pillows. - Some lazy staff - Very little storage space - Bland, unappealing breakfast Recommended? No.

THE place to be in Marrakech! Thank you very much - it s been a awesome trip to Marokko! Thank=)

• 24th Jan 2015

It's a good hostel for the price range and Layla is very helpful but I had the worst bed of my life in the very top room and the lack of bathrooms is a problem.i never saw hot water in two days and the bathrooms are a bit grim to be honest.i did the three day Sahara trip with these guys and it was excellent.thank you

We had a great time, whether we were eating breakfast in the sunshine on the roof terrace or hanging out with other guests in the social area, the staff was super accommodating. Highly recommended! :)

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great hostel. We made a mistake in the booking and it was no problem to change. A lot of information about the city. They helped plan a trip to the atlas mountains and have lota of great excursions. Great staff really friendly esspecially sanae who helped us change our booking.

• 2nd Jan 2015

It is just such an awesome place. Really beautiful and colourful building, located literally in the heart of Marrakech by the Grande Place Jemaa el-Fnaa. The members of the staff are amazing. Always willing to help and make your staying as comfortable as possible. They would give you tea as many times as you want. The breakfast is included and it's really nice. The athmosphere is also amazing; loads of backpackers, and they have an AWESOME rooftop.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Spain

The hostel is absolutely gorgeous - we stayed in both a dorm and the private rooms which were in a separate building just around the corner (and there is always staff on hand to show you way if you're unsure about the twisty turny Marrakesh alleyways). The girls who run the hostel are lovely and we met a lot of people around the hostel, so no worries if you're a single traveler. They run cheap, no fuss excursions and have free tea and breakfast. Special thanks to Saeed!!

Great staff and location that can't be beaten! Would definitely stay here again when I come back to Marrakech!

• 30th Dec 2014

Beautiful Hostel! Staff is very welcomming and helpfull. No keys -you have to knock the door and staff will let you in: very secure! Free tee, they sell water, beer and shisha in the reception. We lovede our stay hete!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Norway

Good location. The riad and the terrace are really good, and male for a nice atmosphere. Staff were particularly friendly. The biggest downside was the showers. While the bathrooms themselves were nice, the lack of consistent water pressure and temperature which made it difficult to have a shower particularly in the cold mornings.

Colourful interior. I booked an excursion to Merzouga through Riad Dia and it was a good value. The 14 bed dormitory is quite crowded. When I arrived at Place Jemaa el Fna and couldn't find the way, I called the hostel and they were so kind to send someone to pick me up.

I stayed 3 days at Riad Dia and this was my first visit to Morocco. Watch the "how to find the hostel" video - it is really helpful. The hostel is close to the main square but feels very quit at the same time. The nights were kind of cold but I guess that is normal in December. There were also not so many people there during my stay so getting a shower was not a problem. The staff were really great. Fluent in English and knowledgeable of what to see/do in the city and trips to take.

Lovely people and great staff Blake and Layla

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Hart to find at first and no lockers in the rooms but except for that a great place. Good athmosphere, great staff, sweet roof terrace and location super close to the medina.

I loved staying here. The layout of the riad really encourages all the guests to chat and make friends, and the staff is super friendly and helpful. It's a bit hard to find, so watch the video on the website! But once you find it you realize the location is perfect. It was so nice at the riad that I decided to stay extra days! Special thanks to Ahmad and Hicham, mis amigos! - Kevin and Leyla

Awesome atmoshpere and common facilities. Roof terrace is amazing as well is the staff. In the winter months it can be somewhat cold so make sure you ask for a second blanket.

I had the most amazing time at this hostel. The facilities are pretty basic, but the atmosphere is very friendly and welcoming, and the staff takes care of you as if you are part of the family. Will definitely come back!

Very helpful and friendly staff. Layla is an absolute gem. Great atmosphere to stay in.

• 13th Dec 2014

The most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept on! The mattress felt like cardboard and the bunks were so high it was very inconvenient. The atmosphere was great, though, and the common area was great for socializing. Location was excellent - right next to the square and easy to find.

My stay was exceptional from start to finish. I was able to reserve my airport pickup once my reservation was confirmed, which made it so much easier for me since my flight arrived around midnight.You are greeted with tea and coffee, no matter the time you arrive. Laila, one of the hostel host's,was a gem to get to know and extremely helpful with all the questions I had about Marrakech. I would recommend this hostel as the perfect location for all your needs.

• 11th Dec 2014