Riad Dia Reviews

Zefriti No. 6, El Ksour, Place D'Jeema el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

15 of us stayed in Riad Dia for 3 nights and we all had a great time. There is a is a lovely swiming pool in a fantastic communal area on the ground floor, accompanied by a warm welcoming atmosphrere. The location is very central within a couple of minutes of the main square and the maze of souks. A good breafast is included, in the afternoon you can relax on the roof terrace and in the evening there is the option of a very reasonably priced home cooked meal. A brilliant hostel! Hajar :)

• 31st Aug 2014

This place is the most amazing hostel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. I had a sore throat and the lovely boys running the hostel would make me tea with honey anytime they saw me. It was fantastic for meeting people, booking tours and as a home base in morocco. I will definetly be coming back!

• 31st Aug 2014

This was one of, if not the, best hostels I stayed in on my trip. Leila (spelling ?) and her staff were great. Always friendly and helpful. Although difficult to find initially (a lot of places in Marrakesh are) the location is perfect, about 2 minutes to Jamaa el Fna square. Most importantly there was a great atmosphere during my stay. Met some great people chilling on the roof. Will stay there again if I make it back to Morocco. Highly recommend.

• 29th Aug 2014

Very good location, and the staff was so helpful and accommodating. Thank you so much Layla!

Perfect stay. Very accommodating staff, friendly atmosphere and very good facilities inc pool and roof terrace Thank you Benedict Berkeley Layla

Had a wonderful time at Riad Dia, the staff were wonderful and very helpful!

• 27th Aug 2014

very socialable, excellent service, close to everything you would need, friendly and helpful staff who are willing to fulfill every need. BEST MINT TEA IN MARRAKECH. would strongly recommend!!! Regina & Taz with Layla

• 24th Aug 2014

Awesome stay! Staff all amazing, so welcoming and helpful. Can organise everything through them, and were fine with me changing my mind late on two occasions :s. Great rooftop area, wifi was good. Mini "pool" should be finished by now. Close to the main square. Couldn't recommended it much more highly. Having lockers woulda made for perfect 100% but security still great

Great stay at Dia,,the Riad is very beautiful,clean,cheap and located right next to the center square of the city;amazing atmostphere,it was very friendly,the room are very confortable,the staff is very helpful,particulary Layla,the free tea,the breakfast,the pool(nice and clean),the rooftop,i definetly recommend this Hostel. Layla

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Morocco

Great stay at Riad Dia: Loved it so much that I stayed here two separate times as I came back through Marrakech on my travels: The riad is very beautiful; cheap; and conveniently located right next to Jma el fna (the center square of the city): The staff is very nice and made the stay really enjoyble: I would definitely stay here a third time if i had the option:

Riad Dia is a superb hostel. We have really enjoyed our stay here and made it a base for our travels around Morocco. Every time we hve returned we have been welcomed by the staff. They could not do enough for us, the highlight being a dinner provided for free to be shared by all the guests. The rooftop terrace is a fantastic spot to relax with tea, shisha or beer. I can't recommend this hostel enough - stay here for truly generous Moroccan hospitality! Jack Leyla

• 18th Aug 2014

Loved Riad Dia! Everything was perfect and Layla was extremely helpful with everything. Thank you! Great hospitality, incredibly furnished hostel, amazing atmosphere, comfortable rooms and cool bathrooms! Great location... everything about riad dia was incredible an would highly recommend. Thank you to Layla for everyhing especially with help booking the sahara desert camp.

Impossible to get more for less, even in a cheap country as Morocco. A few metres from Jemaa el Fna, nice decoration, clean beds, nice terrace, entrance with a small font to refresh your feet. A good backpackers place.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Spain

The staff here were extremely helpful and I can't thank them enough. Our group was greeted with a warm and homely welcome. The hostel was beautifully presented and very central.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly Layla!! The hostel is clean and comfortable, great chill out area downstairs and a beautiful rooftop terrace and it's right by the main square, but quiet so good to get out of the rush. I would have liked a locker but they offered a lock up with staff so that was ok.

Riad Dia is the best hostel we have stayed in on our whole trip. The staff is amazing and they will help you with eveything; renting bikes or finding a taxi to go to the airport. The common area is really comfortable,you feel immediately at home and yo easily get to know other people. The rooftop is great, it has two storeys and you can really relax up there. The location is excellent, just 5minutes walk fom the main square. highly recommended. sarah, layla

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Austria

hostel was very friendly and the staff were very helpful. its in a good location near to the souks. it had all the facilities we needed including showers, a kitchen and afordable excursions like a night in the desert and camel ride for 500 dirahms.

• 5th Aug 2014

The place is great and is in a perfect location right off the main square; only problem was that not all the rooms had air conditioning.

• 4th Aug 2014

very centrally located, excellent staff, excellent atmosphere. bathrooms weren't as clean as i would've preferred but i dealt with it given the price of this place. the "pool" isn't really meant for swimming, i would say. and if you're coming here in the middle of the summer, be mindful that there is no AC and you may melt. the mattresses were like foam mats and they weren't even as wide as a standard single. so if you're bigger/taller, you may not be comfortable. the common area is the best!!

The staff were very helpful in booking trips and making travel arrangements. The hostel itself is down some rundown lanes and we did not feel very safe walking to and from it at night. The 'pool' is only a small tub that you can dip your feet into, a body would hardly fit length-ways in there. Also our room was VERY small, it was an 8 person room with 4 bunk beds and only 2 people could stand in the middle of the room at any one time. It was not perfect but a fine hostel for a short stopover!