Riad Dia Reviews

Zefriti No. 6, El Ksour, Place D'Jeema el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

This hostel has fantastic staff and is social as per the reviews so it’s a great place to stay in that regard. However the wifi is temperamental and you regularly cannot connect or it drops out; There are 8 beds crammed into a tiny room with not enough room to even put your back and no lockers; There are not enough showers and you need to walk through other people's dorm room to get to most of them; The rooms are never locked; There are two power outlets in a room of 8 people.

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It is a beautiful riad with a friendly chilled out atmosphere, met so many lovely people! The staff were so helpful and welcoming, coming back from a day out felt like coming home. The breakfast was delicious and after having stayed here once we came back, they couldn't get rid of us! Special thanks to Leila and Sana, made our stay such a wonderful experience!

Good stay overall apart from getting sick after a camel trek in the Sahara!

• 3rd Sep 2014

I loved to stay here, even there is not asian when i was here, it was comfrotable. And it wasnt difficult to find the riad dia, u must love here !! From korea. Eunmee, and thanks for Layla~ :)

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Riad Dia was definitely the best hostel of our trip

• 2nd Sep 2014

15 of us stayed in Riad Dia for 3 nights and we all had a great time. There is a is a lovely swiming pool in a fantastic communal area on the ground floor, accompanied by a warm welcoming atmosphrere. The location is very central within a couple of minutes of the main square and the maze of souks. A good breafast is included, in the afternoon you can relax on the roof terrace and in the evening there is the option of a very reasonably priced home cooked meal. A brilliant hostel! Hajar :)

• 31st Aug 2014

This place is the most amazing hostel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. I had a sore throat and the lovely boys running the hostel would make me tea with honey anytime they saw me. It was fantastic for meeting people, booking tours and as a home base in morocco. I will definetly be coming back!

• 31st Aug 2014

This was one of, if not the, best hostels I stayed in on my trip. Leila (spelling ?) and her staff were great. Always friendly and helpful. Although difficult to find initially (a lot of places in Marrakesh are) the location is perfect, about 2 minutes to Jamaa el Fna square. Most importantly there was a great atmosphere during my stay. Met some great people chilling on the roof. Will stay there again if I make it back to Morocco. Highly recommend.

Very good location, and the staff was so helpful and accommodating. Thank you so much Layla!

Perfect stay. Very accommodating staff, friendly atmosphere and very good facilities inc pool and roof terrace Thank you Benedict Berkeley Layla

Had a wonderful time at Riad Dia, the staff were wonderful and very helpful!

• 27th Aug 2014

very socialable, excellent service, close to everything you would need, friendly and helpful staff who are willing to fulfill every need. BEST MINT TEA IN MARRAKECH. would strongly recommend!!! Regina & Taz with Layla

• 24th Aug 2014

Awesome stay! Staff all amazing, so welcoming and helpful. Can organise everything through them, and were fine with me changing my mind late on two occasions :s. Great rooftop area, wifi was good. Mini "pool" should be finished by now. Close to the main square. Couldn't recommended it much more highly. Having lockers woulda made for perfect 100% but security still great

Great stay at Dia,,the Riad is very beautiful,clean,cheap and located right next to the center square of the city;amazing atmostphere,it was very friendly,the room are very confortable,the staff is very helpful,particulary Layla,the free tea,the breakfast,the pool(nice and clean),the rooftop,i definetly recommend this Hostel. Layla

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Morocco

Great stay at Riad Dia: Loved it so much that I stayed here two separate times as I came back through Marrakech on my travels: The riad is very beautiful; cheap; and conveniently located right next to Jma el fna (the center square of the city): The staff is very nice and made the stay really enjoyble: I would definitely stay here a third time if i had the option:

Riad Dia is a superb hostel. We have really enjoyed our stay here and made it a base for our travels around Morocco. Every time we hve returned we have been welcomed by the staff. They could not do enough for us, the highlight being a dinner provided for free to be shared by all the guests. The rooftop terrace is a fantastic spot to relax with tea, shisha or beer. I can't recommend this hostel enough - stay here for truly generous Moroccan hospitality! Jack Leyla

• 18th Aug 2014

Loved Riad Dia! Everything was perfect and Layla was extremely helpful with everything. Thank you! Great hospitality, incredibly furnished hostel, amazing atmosphere, comfortable rooms and cool bathrooms! Great location... everything about riad dia was incredible an would highly recommend. Thank you to Layla for everyhing especially with help booking the sahara desert camp.

Impossible to get more for less, even in a cheap country as Morocco. A few metres from Jemaa el Fna, nice decoration, clean beds, nice terrace, entrance with a small font to refresh your feet. A good backpackers place.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Spain

The staff here were extremely helpful and I can't thank them enough. Our group was greeted with a warm and homely welcome. The hostel was beautifully presented and very central.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly Layla!! The hostel is clean and comfortable, great chill out area downstairs and a beautiful rooftop terrace and it's right by the main square, but quiet so good to get out of the rush. I would have liked a locker but they offered a lock up with staff so that was ok.