Riad Dia Reviews

Zefriti No. 6, El Ksour, Place D'Jeema el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

The staff here was very friendly and helpful in every regard. They even offered to take to to the souks and help me with my shopping so I would get the best deals possible. The free tea, breakfast, lively atmosphere and pool to cool off didn't hurt. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 22nd Jul 2014

I had a good time in the hostel. Nice staff and good service. They help you to book trips. Really friendly and helpfull. The Riad is colourfull and hippy like. I had a good time!

Had a wonderful stay at Riad Dia. The staff are very helpful and friendly. They make you feel welcome and the atmosphere is very chilled out. A great roof top. Thanks for a lovely stay.

HORRIBLE HOSTEL! Do not stay here!! Staff was incompetent, could not figure out how to change my reservation even though I had a confirmation email from them. They were extremely unhelpful. They played obnoxious loud music until midnight, so no chance of going to sleep before that. There were no lockers to store valuables and no keys to the hostel were given to us. The pool is extremely dirty, no one would swim in it, so don't be fooled by the pictures.

Very cosy and colorful hostel located near the heart of the Medina. Due to overbooking, we had to sleep on the roof - which made our staying costless afterwards - but thanks to summer temperatures this was acceptable. The courtyard is turned into one big living room, and most of the rooms are air-conditioned. Helpful and kind personnel makes it complete; have a chat with Abubakir!

• 17th Jul 2014

Riad Dia was one of the most beautiful and amazing hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff is truly the jewel of this hostel. The staff included roughly 10 people, each of whom were kind and extremely helpful. The staff always had a smile and accommodated any request we had. One member of the staff even walked us to one of the nicer restaurants in the city and ensured we had a great table overlooking the city square.

• 17th Jul 2014

Great location, only a short walk from the main square and souks, although a little hard to find at first - as with anywhere within the medina. The atmosphere was good, it was really easy to meet other travellers. All of the staff were wonderful; very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was filling and the courtyard pool was great for cooling off during the day. Would recommend.

• 15th Jul 2014

The hostel itself is beautiful. A lot of natural sunlight and open space to lounge and meet people. There is also a pool/fountain that is a great spot to just cool off from the heat. The staff were very nice and friendly! Even during Ramadan they were super helpful. As soon as I checked in, I was given a map and shown all the places to check out in Marrakech. The instructions to the hostel are pretty straight-forward as well, which can be daunting at first since its so busy in the square.

Brilliant location ! Only a 5 minute walk from the city centre (markets etc). The staff were very friendly but did seem to have a few fights between one another. They weren't very helpful with questions that didnt relate to general tourism, they expect you to pay in cash MAD or cash with euros which made it really difficult because we didnt have any cash upon arrival. Overall an enjoyable stay despite the ridiculously hot rooms !

Been to quite a few hostels and this one has by far the best atmosphere. Staff will do anything to help you and it is full of really fun people. The hostel offered a 3 day trip to the Sahara desert, which was a great way of seeing a lot of places in a short space of time and going on a camel trek, as well as being great value for money. When I left my guide book in the car at the end of the trip they even managed to get it back for me! Would highly recommend!!

• 8th Jul 2014

Great Hostel to stay at for your trip to Marrakech, the location and atmosphere is perfect to relax and be able to get anywhere very quickly. The staff were all exceptional as hosts making you feel comfortable 24/7 especially Sana & Miriam who stood out as top class girls during my trip. Would visit again 100%.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The hostel itself is beautiful. Lovely pool to cool off in and the hostel itself has air con to cool you down. Breakfast is delicious and included in the price :) all staff are lovely and welcoming especially Rasheed and Hajar. The hostel is also great for booking excursions through i would definitely recommend this hostel for all types of travelers are there is a great friendly atmosphere

• 6th Jul 2014

Bathroom was very dirty. Common areas are small for the amount of people staying there. Was supposed to have breakfast before desert tour, but the guy that was supposed to prepare it never work up.

2 of us booked into Riad Dia for our first night in Marrakech. The place was very welcoming and had a great atmosphere. The staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help us with anything we needed. Thoroughly recommend!

• 4th Jul 2014

The hostel is very close to the main square and many of the attractions and the staff were outstanding in their willingness to help out - especially Hazar, Sana, Leilah, Mariam, Abdul and the young man that brings breakfast - can't say enough about how great the staff are!!!!!

Great laidback hostal with very nice staf. It always felt like coming home. Great rooftop to meet other travellers or to escape from the busy Marrakesh.

Security: no lockers as advertised. Did feel safe though. Excellent value for money. Breakfast could be better - it's filling and tastes good, but we were hoping for more than just cakes! Very nice, relaxed atmosphere. Staff all very friendly and speak good English. Met lots of interesting travellers. Bedding very inconsistant - my mattress and pillow were quite hard whereas my friend's was very soft. Toilets/shower could be cleaner. Wasn't sure if the towels were fresh. Would stay again!

If you want a friendly chilled place to escape the chaos of Marrakesh and dont expect total luxury this is a great place. The dorms can be noisy with people in and out on trips/airport but that is to be expected. It is really central and watch the u tube video it really helps to find the place. The bathrooms are basic but there is always hot water.

• 21st Jun 2014

This place was amazing! The staff were incredibly helpful, bathrooms are HUGE, the riad is so colourful! Must stay on Tuesday nights as they make a dinner for everyone for only 50dirhams, they put floating candles in the pool, candles all around and a guy plays the guitar. Dinner and a show with wonderful people! And it's still the best meal I've had in Morocco! Must stay here! No lockers but all valuables can be kept safely by reception. However I left my stuff everywhere and nothing was stolen

Beautiful hostel in the perfect location, but the STAFF are the BEST thing about this place! Always helpful, always smiling - after a delayed flight we arrived at 3am and were immediately offered traditional mint tea, and there was no fuss at all after we changed our minds about one of the excursions we'd booked. The deposit we paid was effectively returned to us so that we could book another! Breakfast in the courtyard is fantastic. Definitely recommended, thank you!

• 17th Jun 2014