Riad Dia Reviews

Zefriti No. 6, El Ksour, Place D'Jeema el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

Great laidback hostal with very nice staf. It always felt like coming home. Great rooftop to meet other travellers or to escape from the busy Marrakesh.

Security: no lockers as advertised. Did feel safe though. Excellent value for money. Breakfast could be better - it's filling and tastes good, but we were hoping for more than just cakes! Very nice, relaxed atmosphere. Staff all very friendly and speak good English. Met lots of interesting travellers. Bedding very inconsistant - my mattress and pillow were quite hard whereas my friend's was very soft. Toilets/shower could be cleaner. Wasn't sure if the towels were fresh. Would stay again!

If you want a friendly chilled place to escape the chaos of Marrakesh and dont expect total luxury this is a great place. The dorms can be noisy with people in and out on trips/airport but that is to be expected. It is really central and watch the u tube video it really helps to find the place. The bathrooms are basic but there is always hot water.

• 21st Jun 2014

This place was amazing! The staff were incredibly helpful, bathrooms are HUGE, the riad is so colourful! Must stay on Tuesday nights as they make a dinner for everyone for only 50dirhams, they put floating candles in the pool, candles all around and a guy plays the guitar. Dinner and a show with wonderful people! And it's still the best meal I've had in Morocco! Must stay here! No lockers but all valuables can be kept safely by reception. However I left my stuff everywhere and nothing was stolen

Beautiful hostel in the perfect location, but the STAFF are the BEST thing about this place! Always helpful, always smiling - after a delayed flight we arrived at 3am and were immediately offered traditional mint tea, and there was no fuss at all after we changed our minds about one of the excursions we'd booked. The deposit we paid was effectively returned to us so that we could book another! Breakfast in the courtyard is fantastic. Definitely recommended, thank you!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Made marrakesh so great for us! Lovely people! Yum mint tea! Was great to be able to sit in the communal pool area! Defo going back!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Very pleasantly surprised by Riad Dia. Charming atmosphere, amazing staff, and a very central location. They send a video (from the perspective of someone walking) after you make a reservation showing how to find the hostel, starting with the central Mosque's tower, which is a landmark visible from everywhere in the city (and very close to the hostel). The video is a fantastic idea, and knowing I can always use the Mosque to navigate home from anywhere let's me explore more confidently.

• 14th Jun 2014

Very good hostel, very confortable, near the central square, excelent breakfast.

I had a wonderful stay here. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Staying at Riad Dia felt like home. The building is beautiful and cute. The location is a central city, close to everything. I will choose Riad Dia when I come back in Marrakech.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Japan

Colourful! Vibrant and a family feel.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Ended up staying 3 nights at Riad Dia and had a great experience. The hostel is centrally located, right next to the main square. The riad itself is great - nicely decorated with a relaxing atmosphere to sip tea, read a book, or plan your travels on the first floor or rooftop terrace. I was also able to book my 3-day desert excursion through Hajar - she is the best!

Considering the price, I would say this hostel was amazing. The beds were not that good and, sometimes, the bathrooms became a little dirty. Other than that, the staff was absolutely excellent, the atmosphere is great and, after a while, you fell like home. I definitely would recommend Riad Dia.

Wonderful stay with wonderful people. Very friendly staff - they bent over backwards for their guests. Would 100% recommend this hostel. It was the highlight of our stay in Marrakesh. Thank you!

• 9th Jun 2014

Leila and the other staff girls helps about every question and allways have a tip. I really enjoy my stay. Once I read a book on top of the roof and get served tea without request Very friendly guest-friendship and pay attention.

My rating may be unfair as we only stayed for one night, and shared an 8 person dorm. There was no space for our back packs other than in our beds, so no security to speak of. The bathroom was disgusting - I won't go into detail. We arranged onward transport for the morning with one of the members of staff, but they didn't show up and we had to rush to the SupraTours depot (which turned out to be half the price that the Riad staff claimed it would be, so they were trying to rip us off).

• 3rd Jun 2014

Best place in Morocco. I really enjoyed staying here and I would come back many times over. The Riad is close to everything and it is amazingly beautiful inside. The staff is incredible and always willing to help you in any endeavor. I want to thank Layla and her staff for making my visit to Marrakech a pleasant one. I highly recommend this Riad (ohh and it has a small pool in the middle of the courtyard) which is always a plus.

This is a great place. The building itself is beautiful, really well looked after, well located and has everything you need. It has a great vibe where you can relax and meet lots of nice people. I have to say the staff made the visit to Riad Dia, they're some of the nicest and most welcoming people you'll meet, stay here! :)

• 2nd Jun 2014

I def could recommend this Hostel! I Camé here to stay 3 nights and I stayied 7! Great atmosphere, great staff (specially Hajar!!)! They are very helpful and friendly and are able to serve you the great mint marrocan tea always! I loved my time in there! Hope to come back further! Thank you guys!

Great hostel, really friendly and helpful staff. Relaxed atmosphere and it has a pool! Hajar

While I was staying here the staff constantly harassed me to give them a 100% review which I hardly think they deserve, it seems like an abuse of the system. Other people staying here had the same thing happen to them. The location is great and the courtyard of the hostel is beautiful but the rooms are a little cramped and there's only one shower for the entire hostel.