Riad Dia Reviews

Zefriti No. 6, El Ksour, Place D'Jeema el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

Been to quite a few hostels and this one has by far the best atmosphere. Staff will do anything to help you and it is full of really fun people. The hostel offered a 3 day trip to the Sahara desert, which was a great way of seeing a lot of places in a short space of time and going on a camel trek, as well as being great value for money. When I left my guide book in the car at the end of the trip they even managed to get it back for me! Would highly recommend!!

• 8th Jul 2014

Great Hostel to stay at for your trip to Marrakech, the location and atmosphere is perfect to relax and be able to get anywhere very quickly. The staff were all exceptional as hosts making you feel comfortable 24/7 especially Sana & Miriam who stood out as top class girls during my trip. Would visit again 100%.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The hostel itself is beautiful. Lovely pool to cool off in and the hostel itself has air con to cool you down. Breakfast is delicious and included in the price :) all staff are lovely and welcoming especially Rasheed and Hajar. The hostel is also great for booking excursions through i would definitely recommend this hostel for all types of travelers are there is a great friendly atmosphere

• 6th Jul 2014

Bathroom was very dirty. Common areas are small for the amount of people staying there. Was supposed to have breakfast before desert tour, but the guy that was supposed to prepare it never work up.

2 of us booked into Riad Dia for our first night in Marrakech. The place was very welcoming and had a great atmosphere. The staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help us with anything we needed. Thoroughly recommend!

• 4th Jul 2014

The hostel is very close to the main square and many of the attractions and the staff were outstanding in their willingness to help out - especially Hazar, Sana, Leilah, Mariam, Abdul and the young man that brings breakfast - can't say enough about how great the staff are!!!!!

Great laidback hostal with very nice staf. It always felt like coming home. Great rooftop to meet other travellers or to escape from the busy Marrakesh.

Security: no lockers as advertised. Did feel safe though. Excellent value for money. Breakfast could be better - it's filling and tastes good, but we were hoping for more than just cakes! Very nice, relaxed atmosphere. Staff all very friendly and speak good English. Met lots of interesting travellers. Bedding very inconsistant - my mattress and pillow were quite hard whereas my friend's was very soft. Toilets/shower could be cleaner. Wasn't sure if the towels were fresh. Would stay again!

If you want a friendly chilled place to escape the chaos of Marrakesh and dont expect total luxury this is a great place. The dorms can be noisy with people in and out on trips/airport but that is to be expected. It is really central and watch the u tube video it really helps to find the place. The bathrooms are basic but there is always hot water.

• 21st Jun 2014

This place was amazing! The staff were incredibly helpful, bathrooms are HUGE, the riad is so colourful! Must stay on Tuesday nights as they make a dinner for everyone for only 50dirhams, they put floating candles in the pool, candles all around and a guy plays the guitar. Dinner and a show with wonderful people! And it's still the best meal I've had in Morocco! Must stay here! No lockers but all valuables can be kept safely by reception. However I left my stuff everywhere and nothing was stolen

Beautiful hostel in the perfect location, but the STAFF are the BEST thing about this place! Always helpful, always smiling - after a delayed flight we arrived at 3am and were immediately offered traditional mint tea, and there was no fuss at all after we changed our minds about one of the excursions we'd booked. The deposit we paid was effectively returned to us so that we could book another! Breakfast in the courtyard is fantastic. Definitely recommended, thank you!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Made marrakesh so great for us! Lovely people! Yum mint tea! Was great to be able to sit in the communal pool area! Defo going back!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Very pleasantly surprised by Riad Dia. Charming atmosphere, amazing staff, and a very central location. They send a video (from the perspective of someone walking) after you make a reservation showing how to find the hostel, starting with the central Mosque's tower, which is a landmark visible from everywhere in the city (and very close to the hostel). The video is a fantastic idea, and knowing I can always use the Mosque to navigate home from anywhere let's me explore more confidently.

• 14th Jun 2014

Very good hostel, very confortable, near the central square, excelent breakfast.

I had a wonderful stay here. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Staying at Riad Dia felt like home. The building is beautiful and cute. The location is a central city, close to everything. I will choose Riad Dia when I come back in Marrakech.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Japan

Colourful! Vibrant and a family feel.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Ended up staying 3 nights at Riad Dia and had a great experience. The hostel is centrally located, right next to the main square. The riad itself is great - nicely decorated with a relaxing atmosphere to sip tea, read a book, or plan your travels on the first floor or rooftop terrace. I was also able to book my 3-day desert excursion through Hajar - she is the best!

Considering the price, I would say this hostel was amazing. The beds were not that good and, sometimes, the bathrooms became a little dirty. Other than that, the staff was absolutely excellent, the atmosphere is great and, after a while, you fell like home. I definitely would recommend Riad Dia.

Wonderful stay with wonderful people. Very friendly staff - they bent over backwards for their guests. Would 100% recommend this hostel. It was the highlight of our stay in Marrakesh. Thank you!

• 9th Jun 2014

Leila and the other staff girls helps about every question and allways have a tip. I really enjoy my stay. Once I read a book on top of the roof and get served tea without request Very friendly guest-friendship and pay attention.