Riad Dia Reviews

Zefriti No. 6, El Ksour, Place D'Jeema el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

Made marrakesh so great for us! Lovely people! Yum mint tea! Was great to be able to sit in the communal pool area! Defo going back!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Very pleasantly surprised by Riad Dia. Charming atmosphere, amazing staff, and a very central location. They send a video (from the perspective of someone walking) after you make a reservation showing how to find the hostel, starting with the central Mosque's tower, which is a landmark visible from everywhere in the city (and very close to the hostel). The video is a fantastic idea, and knowing I can always use the Mosque to navigate home from anywhere let's me explore more confidently.

• 14th Jun 2014

Very good hostel, very confortable, near the central square, excelent breakfast.

I had a wonderful stay here. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Staying at Riad Dia felt like home. The building is beautiful and cute. The location is a central city, close to everything. I will choose Riad Dia when I come back in Marrakech.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Japan

Colourful! Vibrant and a family feel.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Ended up staying 3 nights at Riad Dia and had a great experience. The hostel is centrally located, right next to the main square. The riad itself is great - nicely decorated with a relaxing atmosphere to sip tea, read a book, or plan your travels on the first floor or rooftop terrace. I was also able to book my 3-day desert excursion through Hajar - she is the best!

Considering the price, I would say this hostel was amazing. The beds were not that good and, sometimes, the bathrooms became a little dirty. Other than that, the staff was absolutely excellent, the atmosphere is great and, after a while, you fell like home. I definitely would recommend Riad Dia.

Wonderful stay with wonderful people. Very friendly staff - they bent over backwards for their guests. Would 100% recommend this hostel. It was the highlight of our stay in Marrakesh. Thank you!

• 9th Jun 2014

Leila and the other staff girls helps about every question and allways have a tip. I really enjoy my stay. Once I read a book on top of the roof and get served tea without request Very friendly guest-friendship and pay attention.

My rating may be unfair as we only stayed for one night, and shared an 8 person dorm. There was no space for our back packs other than in our beds, so no security to speak of. The bathroom was disgusting - I won't go into detail. We arranged onward transport for the morning with one of the members of staff, but they didn't show up and we had to rush to the SupraTours depot (which turned out to be half the price that the Riad staff claimed it would be, so they were trying to rip us off).

• 3rd Jun 2014

Best place in Morocco. I really enjoyed staying here and I would come back many times over. The Riad is close to everything and it is amazingly beautiful inside. The staff is incredible and always willing to help you in any endeavor. I want to thank Layla and her staff for making my visit to Marrakech a pleasant one. I highly recommend this Riad (ohh and it has a small pool in the middle of the courtyard) which is always a plus.

This is a great place. The building itself is beautiful, really well looked after, well located and has everything you need. It has a great vibe where you can relax and meet lots of nice people. I have to say the staff made the visit to Riad Dia, they're some of the nicest and most welcoming people you'll meet, stay here! :)

• 2nd Jun 2014

I def could recommend this Hostel! I Camé here to stay 3 nights and I stayied 7! Great atmosphere, great staff (specially Hajar!!)! They are very helpful and friendly and are able to serve you the great mint marrocan tea always! I loved my time in there! Hope to come back further! Thank you guys!

Great hostel, really friendly and helpful staff. Relaxed atmosphere and it has a pool! Hajar

While I was staying here the staff constantly harassed me to give them a 100% review which I hardly think they deserve, it seems like an abuse of the system. Other people staying here had the same thing happen to them. The location is great and the courtyard of the hostel is beautiful but the rooms are a little cramped and there's only one shower for the entire hostel.

Most amazing hostel ever! The staff is very helpful with things to do as well as directions. The facilities are beautiful and it is a great value. Would stay there again (or maybe move in).

Brilliant location and really friendly staff. Some beds are uncomfortable but it's the best hostel we stayed in throughout Morocco. Great breakfast and relaxed atmosphere. Very safe too!

• 29th May 2014

Perfect location in the heart of Marrakech. A little bit hidden in a side street, the hostel will surprise you with it's charme and superb interior design. It's like an oasis to relax after a sunny day in the busy Souks. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. Furthermore there is always someone around to prepare free tee - sharing the Morrocan tee culture with everyone. The hostel was clean during our whole stay there. Alltogether the best place to stay, even if it costs you a bit more.

• 29th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Our stay was everything we expected. It was clean, and the staff was AMAZING. Hajar constantly went above and beyond her job to make sure we were well taken care of in the hostel, as well as on our adventures through Marrakech. I would highly recommend staying at this hostel during your stay, you will not regret it :)

• 26th May 2014

I stayed at Riad Dia for a night only initially. Leila, Hajar and her team were very helpful and attentive and i felt right at home with their kindness. The hostel is a perfect location very close to Djamaa el fna and it is right near the Koutoubia mosque also. I found a fabulous youtube clip to easily find where it is as most hostels are difficult to find in the maze that is Morocco. The hostel itself is very clean and has an amazing rooftop terrance to chill out in or soak up some sun.

• 16th May 2014