Riad Dia Reviews

Zefriti No. 6, El Ksour, Place D'Jeema el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

While I was staying here the staff constantly harassed me to give them a 100% review which I hardly think they deserve, it seems like an abuse of the system. Other people staying here had the same thing happen to them. The location is great and the courtyard of the hostel is beautiful but the rooms are a little cramped and there's only one shower for the entire hostel.

Most amazing hostel ever! The staff is very helpful with things to do as well as directions. The facilities are beautiful and it is a great value. Would stay there again (or maybe move in).

Brilliant location and really friendly staff. Some beds are uncomfortable but it's the best hostel we stayed in throughout Morocco. Great breakfast and relaxed atmosphere. Very safe too!

• 29th May 2014

Perfect location in the heart of Marrakech. A little bit hidden in a side street, the hostel will surprise you with it's charme and superb interior design. It's like an oasis to relax after a sunny day in the busy Souks. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. Furthermore there is always someone around to prepare free tee - sharing the Morrocan tee culture with everyone. The hostel was clean during our whole stay there. Alltogether the best place to stay, even if it costs you a bit more.

• 29th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Our stay was everything we expected. It was clean, and the staff was AMAZING. Hajar constantly went above and beyond her job to make sure we were well taken care of in the hostel, as well as on our adventures through Marrakech. I would highly recommend staying at this hostel during your stay, you will not regret it :)

• 26th May 2014

I stayed at Riad Dia for a night only initially. Leila, Hajar and her team were very helpful and attentive and i felt right at home with their kindness. The hostel is a perfect location very close to Djamaa el fna and it is right near the Koutoubia mosque also. I found a fabulous youtube clip to easily find where it is as most hostels are difficult to find in the maze that is Morocco. The hostel itself is very clean and has an amazing rooftop terrance to chill out in or soak up some sun.

• 16th May 2014

I absolutely loved my stay at Riad Dia! The staff are lovely, the location cannot be beat, and the facilities are basic but up to par. I love the common area in the center and the rooftop. It can be noisy at night if people are talking, but they do a good job of making sure people aren't rude. Come here!

Hostel was in a good location, and the staff was very friendly and helpfulm and regularly served us delicious mint tea. The building itself was very nice with a pool in the middle to cool off in and funky decorations everywere. Would stay again! Hajar

• 16th May 2014

This is the best hostel! The staff were unbelievably helpful with organizing excursions, bus tickets, answering questions and so accommodating. Especially Hajar and Layla! Big thanks to them both! The location is seconds away from the Medina, with everything you could ever need. Unlimited tea, beautiful decor, fantastic staff!!! One of the best hostels I've been at! They made my stay in Marrakech and when I return I will definitely be staying at Riad Dia.

• 15th May 2014

Layla and staff were fabulous hosts, they made us feel very welcome. The building, bathrooms and common areas are very beautiful!

Very good place overall. The main issue we had was the absence of air conditioning differently that what was offered. I could not sleep in the first night because the temperature at the dorm was over 30 celsius... we arrived at the airport by 21h and was a good thing that we arranged the transfer although it is a bit overpriced (150mad vs 60 with a common taxi). The place is hard to find by yourself as it is in an alley inside the medina. The staff was friendly and abd helpful, no big issues.

• 11th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

What can I say, it was like staying with family! The hostel workers made my stay in Marrakech, they are really friendly, funny, and I loved practicing darija with them! Hajar greeted me and instantly made me feel at home, and I ended up staying a lot longer than originally planned just because I was having a great time at the hostel. The ambiance was relaxing, the pool refreshing, and the terrace was cool at night. Highly recommended!

• 10th May 2014

I have stayed at Riad Dia for 3 nights, it was a memorabe experience. The ambience around the riad is fantastic, lots of backpackers and staff is expeptional, especially Hajar. There is a little swimming pool in the middle that You can dip in as well as fantastic views from terraces on he roof. Well recomended.

• 8th May 2014
  • Poland

The Riad Dia is definitely one of he best hostels I have stayed in anywhere in the world. It's a really nice building in a great location. Hajar and her team are all incredibly friendly and were always going the extra mile to help their guests. In a nutshell, it's the perfect hostel.

I was only supposed to stay at riad dia for 2 nights, but I ended up staying 6 nights When I entered the hostel I felt right at home, they welcomed me with thee and cookies and the stress of the long journey just flew away. I went on 2 trips to the sahara and to ourika andme met some awesome people . i had the time of my life and mariam rules.

• 1st May 2014
  • Belgium

Great, calm stay in the middle of Marrakech, just near the famous Place Jama el Fná. Awesome atmosphere and great hosts.

We arrived in Marrakech at midnight the hostel organised transport for us from the airport which was fantastic. We were greeted by very friendly staff serving us some delicious mint tea and some biscuits. The rooms are basic but that's all you need. The communal area is vibrant with great atmosphere. Breakfast is included and great. All in all lovely place to stay, staff especially Hajar are fantastic and help full booking tours and giving advice. Highly recommend will defiantly stay again!!!!

Really lovely hostel right next to jemaa el fna square, which makes it so convenient to pop back throughout the day. The staff are very friendly and will help you with any questions. They will organise a taxi for you when you first arrive which means it's not hard to get to. The dipping pool in the main room is lovely to cool off in after a hot day! Hajar

• 29th Apr 2014

This is a great hostel! Very friendly staff and beautiful interiors! The location is right in the Medina and easy to reach (especially with the directions). As it is quite large there can be a wait for the bathrooms, but never too long. The breakfast is delicious too!

I LOVED staying here! The staff were so friendly and truly made me feel at home. It had a great setting to meet and hangout with other travelers, so if your traveling alone, this is great. The manager was very sweet and so was Mariam, a staff member who treated me like a sister. I found it hard to say goodbye after just a couple days! If you want to stay anywhere in Marrakech on a budget, definetely come here.

• 23rd Apr 2014