Riad Dia Reviews

Zefriti No. 6, El Ksour, Place D'Jeema el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

Leila and the other staff girls helps about every question and allways have a tip. I really enjoy my stay. Once I read a book on top of the roof and get served tea without request Very friendly guest-friendship and pay attention.

My rating may be unfair as we only stayed for one night, and shared an 8 person dorm. There was no space for our back packs other than in our beds, so no security to speak of. The bathroom was disgusting - I won't go into detail. We arranged onward transport for the morning with one of the members of staff, but they didn't show up and we had to rush to the SupraTours depot (which turned out to be half the price that the Riad staff claimed it would be, so they were trying to rip us off).

• 3rd Jun 2014

Best place in Morocco. I really enjoyed staying here and I would come back many times over. The Riad is close to everything and it is amazingly beautiful inside. The staff is incredible and always willing to help you in any endeavor. I want to thank Layla and her staff for making my visit to Marrakech a pleasant one. I highly recommend this Riad (ohh and it has a small pool in the middle of the courtyard) which is always a plus.

This is a great place. The building itself is beautiful, really well looked after, well located and has everything you need. It has a great vibe where you can relax and meet lots of nice people. I have to say the staff made the visit to Riad Dia, they're some of the nicest and most welcoming people you'll meet, stay here! :)

• 2nd Jun 2014

I def could recommend this Hostel! I Camé here to stay 3 nights and I stayied 7! Great atmosphere, great staff (specially Hajar!!)! They are very helpful and friendly and are able to serve you the great mint marrocan tea always! I loved my time in there! Hope to come back further! Thank you guys!

Great hostel, really friendly and helpful staff. Relaxed atmosphere and it has a pool! Hajar

While I was staying here the staff constantly harassed me to give them a 100% review which I hardly think they deserve, it seems like an abuse of the system. Other people staying here had the same thing happen to them. The location is great and the courtyard of the hostel is beautiful but the rooms are a little cramped and there's only one shower for the entire hostel.

Most amazing hostel ever! The staff is very helpful with things to do as well as directions. The facilities are beautiful and it is a great value. Would stay there again (or maybe move in).

Brilliant location and really friendly staff. Some beds are uncomfortable but it's the best hostel we stayed in throughout Morocco. Great breakfast and relaxed atmosphere. Very safe too!

• 29th May 2014

Perfect location in the heart of Marrakech. A little bit hidden in a side street, the hostel will surprise you with it's charme and superb interior design. It's like an oasis to relax after a sunny day in the busy Souks. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. Furthermore there is always someone around to prepare free tee - sharing the Morrocan tee culture with everyone. The hostel was clean during our whole stay there. Alltogether the best place to stay, even if it costs you a bit more.

• 29th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Our stay was everything we expected. It was clean, and the staff was AMAZING. Hajar constantly went above and beyond her job to make sure we were well taken care of in the hostel, as well as on our adventures through Marrakech. I would highly recommend staying at this hostel during your stay, you will not regret it :)

• 26th May 2014

I stayed at Riad Dia for a night only initially. Leila, Hajar and her team were very helpful and attentive and i felt right at home with their kindness. The hostel is a perfect location very close to Djamaa el fna and it is right near the Koutoubia mosque also. I found a fabulous youtube clip to easily find where it is as most hostels are difficult to find in the maze that is Morocco. The hostel itself is very clean and has an amazing rooftop terrance to chill out in or soak up some sun.

• 16th May 2014

I absolutely loved my stay at Riad Dia! The staff are lovely, the location cannot be beat, and the facilities are basic but up to par. I love the common area in the center and the rooftop. It can be noisy at night if people are talking, but they do a good job of making sure people aren't rude. Come here!

Hostel was in a good location, and the staff was very friendly and helpfulm and regularly served us delicious mint tea. The building itself was very nice with a pool in the middle to cool off in and funky decorations everywere. Would stay again! Hajar

• 16th May 2014

This is the best hostel! The staff were unbelievably helpful with organizing excursions, bus tickets, answering questions and so accommodating. Especially Hajar and Layla! Big thanks to them both! The location is seconds away from the Medina, with everything you could ever need. Unlimited tea, beautiful decor, fantastic staff!!! One of the best hostels I've been at! They made my stay in Marrakech and when I return I will definitely be staying at Riad Dia.

• 15th May 2014

Layla and staff were fabulous hosts, they made us feel very welcome. The building, bathrooms and common areas are very beautiful!

Very good place overall. The main issue we had was the absence of air conditioning differently that what was offered. I could not sleep in the first night because the temperature at the dorm was over 30 celsius... we arrived at the airport by 21h and was a good thing that we arranged the transfer although it is a bit overpriced (150mad vs 60 with a common taxi). The place is hard to find by yourself as it is in an alley inside the medina. The staff was friendly and abd helpful, no big issues.

• 11th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

What can I say, it was like staying with family! The hostel workers made my stay in Marrakech, they are really friendly, funny, and I loved practicing darija with them! Hajar greeted me and instantly made me feel at home, and I ended up staying a lot longer than originally planned just because I was having a great time at the hostel. The ambiance was relaxing, the pool refreshing, and the terrace was cool at night. Highly recommended!

• 10th May 2014

I have stayed at Riad Dia for 3 nights, it was a memorabe experience. The ambience around the riad is fantastic, lots of backpackers and staff is expeptional, especially Hajar. There is a little swimming pool in the middle that You can dip in as well as fantastic views from terraces on he roof. Well recomended.

• 8th May 2014
  • Poland

The Riad Dia is definitely one of he best hostels I have stayed in anywhere in the world. It's a really nice building in a great location. Hajar and her team are all incredibly friendly and were always going the extra mile to help their guests. In a nutshell, it's the perfect hostel.