Riad Dia Reviews

Zefriti No. 6, El Ksour, Place D'Jeema el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

This is a great hostel! Very friendly staff and beautiful interiors! The location is right in the Medina and easy to reach (especially with the directions). As it is quite large there can be a wait for the bathrooms, but never too long. The breakfast is delicious too!

I LOVED staying here! The staff were so friendly and truly made me feel at home. It had a great setting to meet and hangout with other travelers, so if your traveling alone, this is great. The manager was very sweet and so was Mariam, a staff member who treated me like a sister. I found it hard to say goodbye after just a couple days! If you want to stay anywhere in Marrakech on a budget, definetely come here.

• 23rd Apr 2014

This is such a beautiful hostel! One of the best I have stayed in. It is clean, secure, the staff are all so accommodating and friendly, the location is perfect and watch the YouTube video they send you and you will have no problems finding the place!! It is vibrant and colourful and the rooftop and the pool are perfect to relax and escape the heat after sight-seeing. The breakfast is a freshly baked Moroccan feast which means you are perfectly fueled for walking and getting lost in the Souks!

Stayed here for 3 nights and had the best time. The staff were excellent, very accommodating and friendly. The atmosphere was incredible and very conducive to meeting people from all over the world. The free breakfast is also a great touch. Would definitely recommend Riad Dia to all my friends. This hostel makes a stay in Marrakech even more memorable.

I felt that staff were prompt in responding to our needs and we really enjoyed our stay overall. Location is in the city centre and it's convenient to travel to nearby places. Hajar

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It was a great atmosphere and location. And staffes were very friendly, espeocially Lay la told me a lot of useful information about marakesh. So I really recommend this hostel.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • South Korea

The common room was wonderful and well-decorated with great trees and lighting. However, the 14-bed room was cramped and there were no sheets, and the bottom sheet/pillow was not changed. I saw the cleaning lady come in every day, and she just swept the floor and folded the blankets. Because I stayed there for five days, I saw the turnover of many guests, and rarely did the bottom sheet change from person to person. Also, the pillow and sheets were extremely (!) uncomfortable.

• 20th Apr 2014

Loved my stay here! Wonderful, friendly and enthusiastic staff. Especially Miriam, Leila, and Mustafa! I have to say the staff were amazing and they have a well established, helpful, professional team. The location is perfect, only a 2 minute walk to the main square D'Jemaa el Fna, and is also near to other local amenities such as a Supermarket, local cafes and restaurants.The atmosphere in the hostel is amazing definitely a highlight of my trip! Clean rooms, friendly people, good breakfast!

I had a really good stay at this hostel, i would like to thanks espacially Mariam for her kindness. I recommand, greqt atmosphere

Awesome hostel with incredibly helpful staff. :) Kitchen, internet and printing facilities were very useful! Would definitely stay again. :)

• 15th Apr 2014

Wonderful stay here! Just love the place! An special thanks to Leila and all the other staff. You do an amazing job. This is the place to meet people, hang out and get good travel advice. It a lot of people here, so it can be a bit noisy at nighttime, but I wisely brought earplugs. Will definently come again, feels like a home away from home! Thumbs up!

The hostel had a great backpacker's vibe with the centre courtyard being a comfartable place to hang our with fellow travellers and discuss trips. The hostel offered fantastic excursions such as to the desert and we enjoyed a free dinner of cous cous! The dipping pool in the courtyard was also nice after a long day walking as well as the roof-terrace overlooking the city. It's literally 2 minutes from the main square.

We spent a fantastic 3 days at this hostel!! The staff were so lovely and helpful; welcoming us with Moroccan tea when we arrived and taking us to the Hammam to make sure we didn't get lost. Breakfast is huge and tasty and we even got a free dinner one evening. The roof terrace is lovely and a perfect place to chill in the evenings and get to know the other guests. Mattresses could be a tad comfier and at times it felt there was a lack of bathrooms but we would absolutely recommend the hostel!

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel has an amazing atmosphere and is full of young travellers. The staff were incredible and work really hard to do everything they can for you. They accomodated us last minute for an extra night and made sure we were taken care of, we were extremely grateful to Leila for this! They are always smiling and happy to help. The breakfast had a good variety and was very generous. The place itself is beautiful and colourful and has a very happy vibe. Also they had a free dinner night!

There actually IS a swimming pool inside. This place is a awesome. The only complaint I have is that our room got quite hot in the night but the terrace is nice to sleep on. Breakfast was big and traditional.

The staff were amazing, very helpful let us leave our bags there 3 days no charge. Nothing seemed to be a problem for them.

• 11th Apr 2014

Perfect hostel; in the perfect location; with the perfect staff. Will definitely be returning in the future.

• 11th Apr 2014

Great location, beautiful place. We were very happy with our 3-day Sahara trip booked through Riad Dia. However, facilities advertised on hostelworld are incorrect: NO safety deposit box (not even locks on doors), no air conditioning. We were overcharged (had to pay cash for entire stay, including re-paying the deposit we already paid by card on hostelworld.com). We reserved a 6-person private room by paying for 6 people (we were only 4), but then had to share our room w/out receiving a refund.

From the first moment when I arrived to the moment I left, I felt completely and utterly at home at the Riad Dia. The charming staff, including managers Layla and Hajar, were always around and ready to give some helpful hints, fix any problems or just chat over a cup of delicious Moroccan tea. The rooms and beds were comfortable and laid back, and the many hang-out areas scattered around the hostel, from the terrace to the atrium, encouraged mingling. I would go back in a heartbeat!

• 7th Apr 2014

I cannot speak highly enough of the Riad Dia. The staff are amazing. They will go out of there way to help you. The breakfasts are terrific, the location is amazing and the cooking class ran at the hostel is unbelievable ( the teacher is brilliant and the food is to die for). I cannot speak highly enough of the hostel.