Riad El Pacha Reviews

21, Rue Abderrahamane Eddak, Essaouira, Morocco

Double room was nice enough and food provided was delicious. Riad was hard to find (must walk as its in the old medina) without clear signs and the alleyway looked particularly dodgy at night. Some interesting looking ppl 'smoking' and hanging out at the front didnt help. Booked an ensuite but upon arrival, they had given both booked nights to someone else.Bathroom Facilities were limited and questionable buts its that old saying, you get what you pay for. For the cost and location, it was good!

Amazing views from the roof top and it is in the centre of the medina. Friendly atmosphere but rooms could be a bit cleaner.

We liked the Riad very much. It was very quiet and clean.location was in the medina of Essaouira. Staff was very helpful to us. And breakfast was quiet good.

• 30th Jun 2014

We booked one night in el pacha hostel but we stayed 4 days more we felt that we are home people who working there are very friendly and kind as well,we met lot cool backpackrs in the hostel , very good location everything near by the hostel we got lot of usefull advice from the people who worked there , the terasse it's very nice because you can get the best view to the old medina and the sea , the breakfast was delicious typical one thank for all of you specialy simo

• Finland

we had great time at the riad el pacha very nice atmosphere ,in the riad all people like to help you and give you advice nice conversation with the guys who work there ,the hostel is located in the heart of the medina everything is close by the square and the beach , the terasse get awesome view to the sea and the riad has moroccan hammam one of the cheapest we can found since we got to morocco , i high recomand riad pacha for all travlers .

• 30th Jun 2014

Bigger than most riads but very nice. Good position, clean and good value for money.

• Cape Verde

The bathrooms were dirty here and smelt bad but that's the only bad thing I could say about this place! Lockers in the room but not enough for all the beds, however I left my stuff out and had no problems. The staff definitely made this place great to stay at as they were very friendly and so helpful! Especially Simo - who is so much fun and really cute too!! ;) and his hair is amazing! Haha definitely go here just to see his hair!

On my first day I felt right at home straight away. Aisha, who runs the hostel during the day, is very approachable and hard working. Simone who works in the evening is knowledgable and happy to help. However, as the week went on, I started to feel a little uncomfortable in this riad. Every day, Moroccan men who are neither staff nor guests flock to the communal area to use the free wifi and/or watch the World Cup games. I don't think this is appropriate in a hostel designed for travellers.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

great hostel, cool staff, great home base for essaouira

A very nice comfortable family type hotel with excellent staff and a great location. The terrace on the top of its roof is amazing and rooms are very spacious. Highly recommended!

• 31st May 2014
  • Belarus

This hostel offers a great atmosphere to relax in after an adventurous day out on the beach, the markets or doing tours arranged by the helpful staff. There is great tasting,The atmosphere is really friendly, we had 3 course dinners cooked for us every evening for just 60dhm and taken out to local bars. It's a great value for money and opportunity to meet new people, as due to low price quite a lot of people stay there for weeks to discover Essaoira.

• 31st May 2014

Friendly and helpful staf .Very good atmosphere.

• 29th May 2014

Clean, beautifully decorated, helpful staff, free wifi in lobby .

• 28th May 2014

Room is really dark. No furniture to put your clothes or luggage, the bed was confy though. The Bathroom was a bit cold for the shower. I's a beautiful building asking for some painting and maintenance. The terrace has a huge potential, deserves some furniture up there! One BIG complaim, you should not allow people smoke inside the Riad! This is a huge disrespect to non smokers!

IT was sooo big.classical Moroccan style and decor. Spacious social areas . Very clean. Beautiful roof terrace with a stunning view.the location is very central and The staff were fabulou it was the Best hostel that I have stayed

• 22nd May 2014

Very nice people to welcome guests.

it is a great place to stay with excellent staff and atmosphere, I would only say that the bathrooms got out of toilette paper very quickly

Wnderful Location, away from the main road, quite. Inside a very nice looking authentic local athmosphere. Staff are very friendly, helpful and always ready to answer any questions. There is not much sound isolation....so if you travel as a couple...well you know what i mean :)

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Latvia

plug in bedroom wasn't fixed in the10 days I stayed (and one of the staff (simone) was very dishonest and stole money from me. I asked for my laundry to be done and he charged me 60 dirhams. laundry was returned to me in my original bag with the price written on it as 40 dirhams. he was a total scrounger, scabbing cigarettes and alcohol continually. the other staff were all really nice. shame that this conman was able to abuse his position right under their trusting noses.

• 23rd Apr 2014

When I booked there was written that the breakfast is included, but at hostel I had to pay for the breakfast. I told them that on the internet they have written breakfast included but they did't want to hear nothing.