Riad Fantasia Reviews

105 Bis Derb MY ABDELKADER DABACHI, Derb Dabachi, Marrakech, Morocco

The riad has an excellent location as it is very close to the main square, in a safe and quiet part of the city. Really nice place to stay, beautiful rooms, nice breakfast. Helpfull and friendly staff, helping with anything from tea to excurions. Very good place for first time visitors in Marrakech. We stayed there twice, and will be back.

DON'T GO TO THIS RIAD. The reservation is a joke. When we arrived we were brought to another Riad , which belongs to the same owner (they told us): Riad Rahba. You can find rating and reviews as well on hostelworld. I would also give a very bad rating! Staff was rude, rooms dirty, bad equipped, dark, unsafe... In my opinion the staff of Riad Fantasia and Riad Rahba is one big mafia! They put good paying guest in a very bad cheap place, systematically!

There seem to be 2 properties under "the same management", and we got sent to the one which did not look anything like what we saw on hostelworld that we booked and paid for. Rooms were unheated, paint was peeling off the walls, there was a fag end on the desk, only 1 power point in the room, no trash can, noisy bed and breakfast was poor and only starts at 10am. Staff was trying to rip me off by charging 200 dhs for an airport transfer. Save yourself a ton of grief and book somewhere else.

Booked 2 rooms, paid deposit and asked for further confirmation via email but despite all that, when we arrived they had no rooms and had to move to a different riad. Upsetting.

• 29th Dec 2013

DO NOT BOOK THIS RIAD UNLESS YOU ENJOY TRAVELLING 2,500 MILES, AND SHOWING YOUR BOOKING NUMBER, ONLY TO BE TOLD YOU HAVE NOWHERE TO STAY THAT NIGHT. Riad Fantasia is a scam, they double book rooms regularly and then drag you round other hostels trying palm you off. We luckily ended up being taken in by one Riad for two nights, and one other Riad for the last night. If the other booking beats you to your room, good luck... The owner is a thief and a liar - don't say you weren't warned.

We turned up, waited for an hour for staff to arrive only to be told they had given our room away to someone else. They took us to their friend's Riad but it was stressful, further away and not as good as what we had booked. Poorly organised.

This riad is beautiful and well run. The manager was so helpful, even helping me to pay the baggage carrier when I didn't have enough change, and he walked us to our cab when we left. The rooms are very comfortable and a great location.

The riad was very nice, but while they advertise having AC, you have to pay extra for it.

• 22nd Jul 2013

Everything was ok, the riad was cute and big as well,the little swimming pool was great after a long day walking around the city. The staff was the best of all, they were kind, helpful, closer and funny too,definitely i'd go back here.

• 8th Jul 2013
  • Spain

I really enjoyed my stay at the Riad, actually we stayed in Riad La Caleche, the staff is amazing!

• 5th Jul 2013

Staff showed you around when you first got there. It was a nice personal touch that I haven't had at other hostels. It was helpful in knowing your way around the hostel so you get good use of the facilities.

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Morocco

the staff were friendly and helpful,great breakfast , and the beds was very comfortable, Hammam,Rooftop and the pool are nice to chill and escape the craziness of Marrakech for a while .

• 3rd Jul 2013

The staff is excellent they are very kind and friendly. They are always ready to help you in all they can and they can recomend you all about marrakech! About the rooms are really beautifull and comfortable!you can enjoy them with air conditioning paying a bit more. The swimming pool it was nice and really usefull because of the temperature there is there(extremely hot).and the best!!there is not timetable to use it!! I think its a nice place to have a good time with your friends or family!!

• 1st Jul 2013
  • Spain

The best hostal in marrakech. Great staff and wonderful place. Close to the main square. Its not a hostel its a palace! I will go back

Great place! The staff is incredibly helpful with anything you need. They show you the main square, pick you up if you get lost and plan any trips you need. The pool is also a great place to spend the hottest parts of the day. If you are in Marrakech, you MUST stay here!

Best Hostel I ever were!!! The stuff who is working there is helpful, nice, and you can have a lot of fun at this place. But also we always had a good sleep here. The beds are comfortable and clean. The rooms are big enough and you can open the windows for fresh air. The Hostel is right next to the Souks but also quite.

• 12th Jun 2013

This place is a joke!!! First I got there after having really poor information of directions and getting lost in the medina. Than it was the wrong place and I walked for another hostel of the same owner. Than there were four morrocan man in the living room, speaking only arabic and making fun of me. These men were all the staff of the hostel. Then I had to pay for the food they offered me and in the middle of night I had to move to another hostel because they had a better reservation!!!!! a joke

The name and the address weren't the same as the hostelworld. When we arrived there, we were informed about that. Some hacker invaded my computer and I got a virus. This scared us and we decided to move from there. The location was not safe for girls.

• 8th Jun 2013

The stay was very good, quite location and nice people.

A nice place close to Jmaa el Fnaa, the very helpful Jawad met us and guided us through the square, we stayed for two nights and then came back for another night. The Riad is a good place to escape from the bustle and heat and the resident dog was lovely.A nice atmosphere and friendly staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7