Riad Itry Reviews

Bab Doukkala, Boutouil, Marrakech, Morocco

Staff was great upon check in, giving me map and very good directions to the Medina. Bed was confortable and common areas relaxing. Only problem was shower room to small and no hot water when I used it

The staff is really attentive.. Great valor for money. The only problem was the shower which were not fixed on the wall but this was a minor issue. The closet forr late check in is really helpful.

The staff were friendly and helpful. They spoke in fluent English and were able to give good advice on finding your way around, local trips and activities, and security. The hostel is located in the old city and it was great to walk through local markets and see something of everyday life there. The instructions on how to get to the hostel are accurate (my taxi driver put me wrong, ironically), but if you are unsure, ask a woman. The little boys, although enthusiastic, will ask for money.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

When we arrived, we were "escorted" (followed) by a young man, who demanded money for showing us the way, but the hostel staff shooed him away, which instantly made us feel safe. We were given a map and a full explanation of the medina and surrounding areas - helpful! Definitely would recommend this hostel. The only downside was that the hot water wasn't working when I took my shower...brrrrr! But I guess it got going later.

Just stayed a night. Nice place in a quiet street, staff is nice and helpful, room was totally okay. Good location close to the bus station. The walls are quite thin so you can hear everything from everybody which seems to be usual in many places in Morocco

Very recommended, this is the best place if you wanna start a budget shared desert or Atlas mountain's tour

• 28th Dec 2015
  • India

It was so mutch fun hanging out with Omar and Kamal, i would stay there again if i ever go back to Marrakech.

• 27th Dec 2015

I really enjoyed my stay in there, the staff was extremely helpful and fair, no tries to fool us. As soon as we arrived they gave us ALL the information we needed about the city. But still, they should try to improve the infrastructure: the shower was not fixed in the wall, so I had to hold it with one hand and try to bath with the other. The other problem was that all the doors were extremely noisy, so if I wanted to go to the bathroom I had to wake up other people that were in my room.

• 26th Dec 2015

I recommend this hostel, the people there were very nice and available, they provide some really good value shared derest trip which is definitely a recommended thing to do during your trip to Morocco.

• 26th Dec 2015

I loved this place, the staff was absolutely helpful and the desert tour they organise from the hostel was the best part of my trip.

The hostel was really nice! Especially the staffs are really helpful and give advice and recommendation to all of the visitors (things to do and dont in marrakech), beside that the hostel provides a good trips either one day or couple days to sahara desert!

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

The location of the Riad Itry was a bit difficult to find. And the host forgot to give me the change after I paid, thought it was not that much>

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Spain

This is a budget option in Marrakech. Although the location is very nice, only a 15 minute walk from all the hassle in the medina of Marrakech, the Riad itself lacks in some points. The room was okay, really basic without any decoration on the wall. The roof terrace could be so much more, since there was only table with a couple of chairs on this huge terrace. The owner was helpful with travel tips but for the rest the staff was lazy, there are some minor things broken everywhere, why not fix it

• 19th Nov 2015

Very simple and basic. The staff are the best part. very nice and helpful, give lots of honest and helpful advice. Booked Atlas tour and Desert Tour with them, Just email before arriving with any questions. Riad is difficult to find at first, glad we got the airport pickup. Located about 20 min walk from Medina but its in a very lively local area, can buy food and spices here for very cheap because there's no tourists. Only negative is that smoking is allowed in the main floor common area

Very good price considering the location! cons: One of the guys working there is really lazy and not very helpful. The two other guys are great though. We had bed bucks in our room.

Good location and inexpensive; helpful and kind staff. Pretty basic, but does a good job of being a base from which to explore.

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • lamatthe

Was super good location. I enjoyed this hostel. Was value for money.

Thanks for staying. Love the place, the location and you, the staff!

Riad irtry is an nice place to have some easy experians in marrakesh the stuff will help you whit all qestions.

Staff is super friendly and welcoming. They will give you all the information you need about just about anything. The location is a bit of a walk from the main tourist area, but I preferred this. It was nice staying in a more local area of Marrakesh, close to food markets rather than souvenirs.