Riad Itry Reviews

Bab Doukkala, Boutouil, Marrakech, Morocco

It is located in an alley, but the owner was willing to meet us to take us to the hostel. He was very nice, and it was nice that he spoke fluent English. The tile work was also amazing!

Wonderful Staff, and a great stay, feel very at home here.

Amazing Staff here

At first walking into the alley where it was located concerned me, but once inside all fears disappeared. I really enjoyed my stay here, it had a great atmosphere friendly staff and attracted similarly minded kind people. They encouraged my mediation on the sunny roof spot, did my wash for me, provided me with a map and ensured i did not get lost, and even organized a trip to the Sahara for me at a great price extremely last minute. Could not ask for better!

• 2nd Mar 2015

THIS was one of the best Hostel Atmosphers I have ever stayed in, in all my worldly travels. The hospitality is off the charts, All the guys that run this place are simply AMAZING..

The first night we went back there were a group of guys standing outside the door which made us very nervous. and while they didn't provide any keys or other ways ,the only way to get in is to knock on the door,very unstable. Also ,the first night there were a group of Europeans having fun until the late night and the staff didn't ask them to lower down even midnight. Also,there's only 'warm'water instead of 'hot' water which is really cold to take a shower at night in the winter.

This is a hostel with the best staff ever! Kamal and Hakim are really friendly and open to answer all your questions, give you advices and tips on how to start off in Marrakech...It's in a nice neighbourhood, not too touristy, and I'd definitely come back every time when I'm in Marrakech! Thanks for everything, and see you probably in a few weeks ;-)

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

The best hostel staff i've ever met. They organized a waterfall/camel ride day trip to the Atlas Mountains, which i'd recommend without hesitation.

• 15th Feb 2015

i'd recommend this hostel.. when i arrived there i had already booked for a days desert tour, but when i arrived to the i found that they charge only 75€ for the same program instead of 120 € that i was going to pay if i had taken the other agency. Highly recommended

• 15th Feb 2015

The hostel is not a few minutes walk from the main square, it's about half an hour. I have stayed in authentic Riads, this is not one of them. If you are on a really tight budget then it's o.k but potential guests should be aware that this level of hostel is at the bottom of the market.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Very helpful staff, letting you know everything you need to not commit usual mistakes. The place is clean and quiet. A bit far from the core of the city but not too much. Recomend if you look for a cheap option.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

The staff was very, very helpful - actually this is the best thing about this hostel. I also liked the location close to Bab Doukalla so not in the most touristic part or Marrakech - it was not so busy and loud as everywhere else and you could rather see locals.

We were happy to stay at Riad Itry! The owner Kamal is a really cool guy with tons of knowledge about Marrakesh and Morocco. He told us so many funny stories. Showers were quite ok, our room was spartanic just bunkbeds. February so temperatures drop at night there were only normal blankets which is a bit cold but I had that in all hostels I was staying at in Morocco. Nice rooftop terrace. Hostel is 5 minutes walking distance from the busstation Bab Doukalla. - Wi-Fi slow

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Austria

I'd recommend that to my the others, the guys are very very nice and helpful, lovely decoration in the hostel. Cleanliness is good for the room, only simple bathroom with hot shower. However, it is very hard to find at the first time and 20 to 30 mins far from the night market.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

The staff is very nice. However, the facilities of this hostel is terrible. There are just two bathrooms. It's a big problem because when the hostel is full, it's usually occupied. I was accommodate in upstairs and wifi doesn't work well in there. The mattress is very hard, very uncomfortable... And the kitchen was completely dirty. So... The unique positive review to say about this hostel is about staff, which is very helpful...Any other things need to be improved.

Everyone seemed really friendly. I only stayed the one night, but thought that the location was great and the value for money perfect.

Staff was very attentive upon arrival, showing the map of Marrakech in detail, giving tips and organizing tours. However, service was not very professional. The receptionist told us that he would bring a heater to the room, but it never showed up, when asked to another receptionist, he said that it would be too troublesome to get it. The paid breakfast is advertised but does not exist. Bathrooms are too few (2) for the amount of people in the hostel.

I had a great stay here - friendly and helpful staff, affordable, and it was in a very good location for walking to the center of town, also a two-minute walk from the airport bus stop. The hostel was clean and it has a very nice rooftop terrace - I would definitely recommend this to people! (Reliable Wi-Fi as well.)

The staff was really helpful and nice. We took its trip to the desert and it was really funny, meeting a lot of people. I would recomend it to anyone, and its really cheap ! Go for it ! :)

A relaxed atmosphere in a well maintained small establishment being run by friendly staff in the back streets of the old medina. Make sure to take note of the directions in getting there or you may experience some unpleasantness from the young locals in the surrounding streets. Its a little tricky to find and they will want your money to show you were it is.

« first « Prev 1 2 3