Riad Itry Reviews

Bab Doukkala, Boutouil, Marrakech, Morocco

The desert tour they organize was just the best experience in my whole trip.. loved the staff two..

• 16th Oct 2014

I had a great stay at Riad Itry. The owners are lovely and go out of their way to provide you with information to help you enjoy your stay to the fullest. The location is at the edge of the medina which is a nice respite from the busy centre. The riad itself is gorgeous. The kitchen and bathroom were quite dirty and the beds were hard but if you spend a full day walking through Marrakech you will likely fall asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow.

In this Ryad you will be only 15 minute walking from Jamaa El Fna. The Riad will be quote trinky to find the first time, so call them and ask them to pick you up. The guys who manage the place are very very nice and helpful! The place Itself i would say it's very good, especially if you consider the price! I would 100% recommend the place, and when i will be back to Marrakech I will for sure go there again. Don't lose time looking for other places, you have found the right one!

• 29th Sep 2014

As a solo treveler plus being a girl, i was a little worried about what i should expect But once you are there it just goes all smooth and amaizing, Kamal and Omar were the best hosts to have ever, and in diferent ways.

• 26th Sep 2014

Kamal was a great host and he picked me out from the main street when I arrived from the airport, which was very nice of him. He explained all and also hand a map of the area. Kamal was a great host. I pay to stay there for two nights but second day I went to Atlas mountains for a day trip but stayed there for two days leaving all my belongings including passport behind in the hostel room. When we get back everything was exactly how we leaf it :-)

Kamal is so welcoming and hospitable. He has great suggestions for what to do around Marrakech and tips on how to get by, plus he's a genuinely sweet guy. We also took a day trip (organized by Kamal) to the atlas mountains that was incredible. We had nowhere to leave our stuff one day that we weren't scheduled to be staying in the hostel yet he still let us hang out there all day while my friend recovered from a stomach bug. Highly suggest this place.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Spain

I would highly recommend arranging with the owner to meet you somewhere if arriving at night. Difficult to find at first. I was upgraded to a private room for my stay as they overbooked. Very hard bed. Nice place. Would go back.

BEDBUGS!!! I was attacked by bedbugs, and not just a few. Covered in bites! Booked the triple private, and the small bed was infested with them. I arrived at the time I said, and no one was there to greet me, another guest let me in. The water was cold for a shower, the shower and toilet was very basic and not clean. The location is at least 20 minutes walk to the main square. The kitchen was very basic with hardly anything to cook with. The beds were also hard as a rock. Never again!

After a month spent travelling Morocco, I have to say this was my favourite place to stay. Affordable, clean, well situated and most importantly it is run by an amazing staff. Kamal was especially nice and helpful and I recommend this place to everyone! Great social atmosphere too.

• 28th Aug 2014

Really helpful staff. They even met me when I got lost, and took me back to the hostel (it was a little tricky to find). Very respectful and sincere. I will definitely stay there if / when I go back to Marrakech.

There's no ac so it gets really hot but other than that it was awesome. Staff are brilliant

Amazing hostel. Best quality/price value i've ever had. The hostel has a maximum capacity of less than 20 guests, which creates a very familiar atmosphere. The hallway is gorgeous : it almost has the feeling of fine hotel one. There is also a terrace, and the most of the beds are individuals, which has a much more comfortable feeling than bunk beds. Most important, i've met great people there and had great moments with them. Will be coming back eventually ;)

The hostel has a great location, close to both old and new city (it is almost on the border). The atmosphere in hostel is great, everyone is friendly and all the people from the hostel are supportive and they are willing to help you with the everything!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Serbia

We've had to call the hostel manager upon our arrival to the city, so he came and showed us the way to the hostel, and served us the moroccan mint-tea (the welcoming drink) gave us a free map of the city and explained about the tours and Safaries thay organize.... before he showed us the hostel as it has a very nice panoramic view from the terrace, Kamal (the manager) speaks about 6 languages so you'd never have a probleme of comunication here.

• 26th Jun 2014

The desert tour the organize was just an awesome experience.. loved the staff two..

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Japan

Very nice place, Kamal took a good care of me and showed me everything i needed to know about the old cityin Marrakech.. the terrace has a nice panoramic view of the old city and the Atlas mountains. Thank you guys

• 23rd Jun 2014

The hostel was excellent, the owners were more than helpful and we had a very pleasant stay. They helped us book a tour to the Sahara which was awesome. Would definitely go back.

• 15th Jun 2014

Really enjoyed the hostel! i went with a friend and we had an amazing time in Marrakech and the surrounding areas. the guys there were really welcoming and hospitable and made sure we had a clear idea of all the surrounding areas and places to visit. the pictures DO NOT do this place justice! the open roof plan was just breathtaking and I loved the little birds that flew in and out. my room was on the roof (which was a bonus) but it did get pretty hot even with the fan on. i recommend this place

• 10th Jun 2014

The Riad Itry was a fantastic experience. I met some really cool people, learnt alot about Marrakesh/Morroccan culture. It was super relaxing and the owners were very helpful- I am sure I will go back. Negatives was sometimes the shower was dirty and paying to wash my clothes was not really ideal.

• 10th Jun 2014

The best hostel that I stayed at in Morocco. I highly recommend it, they also organize desert and mountain tours for very reasonable prices, i'd recommend the 3days Safari which i did myself.

• 22nd May 2014