Riad Itry Reviews

Bab Doukkala, Boutouil, Marrakech, Morocco

Big thanks to Kamal Hakim and Omar, i'll be back for sure.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Austria

i had had a really good time and learned a lot about from the guys there, they really have a lot knowledge about their country.

• 11th Nov 2014

it felt more like home than a hostel.. i'd also recommend taking the camel ride, it was worth every penny.

• 4th Nov 2014

my only concern is that it might be a little complicated to find in the first time, so i'd definitely recommend contacting them before arriving, as from what i saw the guys are always welling to help.

• 4th Nov 2014

Good value for money, the view of the Atlas mountains from the peaceful roof-terrace was really cool.

• 3rd Nov 2014

This is the second time that i stayed in this hostel, as i have already been to it last January, and it's just as nice as it was, the staff is very friedly.

• 2nd Nov 2014

the best city to be in for at least a few days

• 1st Nov 2014
  • China

Very nice and helpful staff..

• 25th Oct 2014

We were happy to be received so well and their tips and advice were extremely useful for us in Marrakech.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Austria

The owners, Kamal and Hakim were really friendly, clean room, hot shower, fast wifi.. etc i would recomend taking the 3 days safari to the Sahara desert provided there, plus one more thing check the map provided with their images or contact them once you get to the Medina, but don't follow these boys who offer to show guide you to the hostel because they will ask for a tip which is even bigger than what you pay for your the night.

• 21st Oct 2014

The desert tour they organize was just the best experience in my whole trip.. loved the staff two..

• 16th Oct 2014

I had a great stay at Riad Itry. The owners are lovely and go out of their way to provide you with information to help you enjoy your stay to the fullest. The location is at the edge of the medina which is a nice respite from the busy centre. The riad itself is gorgeous. The kitchen and bathroom were quite dirty and the beds were hard but if you spend a full day walking through Marrakech you will likely fall asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow.

In this Ryad you will be only 15 minute walking from Jamaa El Fna. The Riad will be quote trinky to find the first time, so call them and ask them to pick you up. The guys who manage the place are very very nice and helpful! The place Itself i would say it's very good, especially if you consider the price! I would 100% recommend the place, and when i will be back to Marrakech I will for sure go there again. Don't lose time looking for other places, you have found the right one!

• 29th Sep 2014

As a solo treveler plus being a girl, i was a little worried about what i should expect But once you are there it just goes all smooth and amaizing, Kamal and Omar were the best hosts to have ever, and in diferent ways.

• 26th Sep 2014

Kamal was a great host and he picked me out from the main street when I arrived from the airport, which was very nice of him. He explained all and also hand a map of the area. Kamal was a great host. I pay to stay there for two nights but second day I went to Atlas mountains for a day trip but stayed there for two days leaving all my belongings including passport behind in the hostel room. When we get back everything was exactly how we leaf it :-)

Kamal is so welcoming and hospitable. He has great suggestions for what to do around Marrakech and tips on how to get by, plus he's a genuinely sweet guy. We also took a day trip (organized by Kamal) to the atlas mountains that was incredible. We had nowhere to leave our stuff one day that we weren't scheduled to be staying in the hostel yet he still let us hang out there all day while my friend recovered from a stomach bug. Highly suggest this place.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Spain

I would highly recommend arranging with the owner to meet you somewhere if arriving at night. Difficult to find at first. I was upgraded to a private room for my stay as they overbooked. Very hard bed. Nice place. Would go back.

BEDBUGS!!! I was attacked by bedbugs, and not just a few. Covered in bites! Booked the triple private, and the small bed was infested with them. I arrived at the time I said, and no one was there to greet me, another guest let me in. The water was cold for a shower, the shower and toilet was very basic and not clean. The location is at least 20 minutes walk to the main square. The kitchen was very basic with hardly anything to cook with. The beds were also hard as a rock. Never again!

After a month spent travelling Morocco, I have to say this was my favourite place to stay. Affordable, clean, well situated and most importantly it is run by an amazing staff. Kamal was especially nice and helpful and I recommend this place to everyone! Great social atmosphere too.

• 28th Aug 2014

Really helpful staff. They even met me when I got lost, and took me back to the hostel (it was a little tricky to find). Very respectful and sincere. I will definitely stay there if / when I go back to Marrakech.