Riad Itry Reviews

Bab Doukkala, Boutouil, Marrakech, Morocco

Even though this hostel is a bit far from Place Jemaa el Fna, I absolutely loved it! They have a great Sahara excursion. The place is clean, and it honestly has the best staff I've ever encountered. They are unbelievably helpful. They offered to pick up my bus ticket while I was on the desert excursion; they are always available to chat, answer questions, and give advise; they are cool about staying extra nights; AND they even give you an idea of what you should pay for goods in the Medina.

You get what you pay which is good.

There´s no luxury but it´s part of the entire experience, if you plan to go to Marrakech don´t expect comfort. I wouldn´t recommend to buy at the stores in the area. We had a quarrel with some local boys and we almost fight cuz they ¨tried" to help us buy some juice. There might be people trying to help tourists in order to get a commission. Leaving that aside, the area was safe, at the begining it was scary because of the arrow halls and dirt but we realized it´s the atmosphere of the old city.

Not a very secure hostel, the door is always unlocked. Its about a 20 min walk from the main square, which is very inconvenient. Its a nice place at first glance but once you stay there a few nights you can quickly tell its not what it seems. Beds were ok, but build poorly (mattress was sinking through the frame).

The hostel was easy to find. Incredible facilities the private room was very nice and a towel that was included. I wish the staff would have mention how to get breakfast in the morning. I know it was not included but I was willing to pay the extra money but they did not make the option available. The deals for the excursions is unbeatable I would defiantly stay again. The only thing bad that happened on the way back to the hostel at night it is very hard to find walking back from the square.

We've had so much care from the staff, they organize a pickup from the airport to the hostel and a desert tour also.

• 24th Jun 2015

It was amazing, i recommend the day trip they organize to the Atlas mountains.

• 24th Jun 2015

I would pick this hostel soley for the staff. Both, Kamal and Omar, are amazing. I had my train to Tangier at 4 am and have to catch a cab to the train station at 3 am. Omar was so kind to carry my luggage for me and walk me to the cab station. The staff go out of their way to help you. If I were to be honest, I would stay here again, but I do want to point out that it's not right at the big square. It is a nice fun 15 mins a walk, which I didn't mind at all. its a great value for €5/day

• 24th Jun 2015

Simple but good value for money. 5 min. walk from Bab Doukala and bus station. You can use kitchen. Nice and big rooftop.

The hostel was incredibly good value for money for what we paid. The showers were cold but this didn't bother us as it was so hot outside for the three nights we were there. We liked the open plan layout of the Riad and enjoyed talking to other travellers. We were also made very welcome and given many recommendations that we continued to follow throughout our trip. Overall, I would definitely recommend Riad Itry.

Had a lovely stay at the Riad Itry , Camal was a great host and gave a lot of great advice about the city and the excursions available!

• 21st Jun 2015

My friend and I had a great stay at Riad Itry--our room was clean and neat, the bathrooms were cleaned every morning, and the staff were very friendly and available. The hostel can be a bit tricky to find--just make sure you read the map they send you and follow the written instructions as well. It's a bit of a walk from the city center, but we enjoyed living a bit away from Jema el-fna as Riad Itry is quiet and cozy. Watching sunsets from the roof is highly recommended!

Very good value for money, recommend their desert tour, these offer the cheapest price for desert tours, as when i tchecked the same desert tour program some other agencies were charging 150 instead of 80 euros that i have paid for the 3 days tour.

• 16th Jun 2015

I will come back for sure.

• 15th Jun 2015

Great budget riad, traditional and cheap

Great staff! But facilities are not ideal e.g. no soap. And location is not the best for seeing the medina.

Comfortable beds and excellent staff. Will answer any questions about excursions and even tell you about the little extras the company will charge you for (like which meals are free and which aren't, etc). Definitely stay here and book a trip. I recommend 3 days/2 nights in Sahara, any less isn't enough to see much.

Nice and calm place though it didn't seem to be at the first moment arriving there but it took only a few hours before i felt like home.. mainly aftet meeting Kamal who set me down, gave me a free map and all these informations about the city and what to do or not to do around.

• 20th May 2015

Nice staff, cheap prize, fair location, quite close to bus station. Clear map.

A very nice place and charming people, also the day trip to the Atlas mountains was a great experience.

• 16th May 2015