Riad Itry Reviews

Bab Doukkala, Boutouil, Marrakech, Morocco

After a month spent travelling Morocco, I have to say this was my favourite place to stay. Affordable, clean, well situated and most importantly it is run by an amazing staff. Kamal was especially nice and helpful and I recommend this place to everyone! Great social atmosphere too.

• 28th Aug 2014

Really helpful staff. They even met me when I got lost, and took me back to the hostel (it was a little tricky to find). Very respectful and sincere. I will definitely stay there if / when I go back to Marrakech.

There's no ac so it gets really hot but other than that it was awesome. Staff are brilliant

Amazing hostel. Best quality/price value i've ever had. The hostel has a maximum capacity of less than 20 guests, which creates a very familiar atmosphere. The hallway is gorgeous : it almost has the feeling of fine hotel one. There is also a terrace, and the most of the beds are individuals, which has a much more comfortable feeling than bunk beds. Most important, i've met great people there and had great moments with them. Will be coming back eventually ;)

The hostel has a great location, close to both old and new city (it is almost on the border). The atmosphere in hostel is great, everyone is friendly and all the people from the hostel are supportive and they are willing to help you with the everything!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Serbia

We've had to call the hostel manager upon our arrival to the city, so he came and showed us the way to the hostel, and served us the moroccan mint-tea (the welcoming drink) gave us a free map of the city and explained about the tours and Safaries thay organize.... before he showed us the hostel as it has a very nice panoramic view from the terrace, Kamal (the manager) speaks about 6 languages so you'd never have a probleme of comunication here.

• 26th Jun 2014

The desert tour the organize was just an awesome experience.. loved the staff two..

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Japan

Very nice place, Kamal took a good care of me and showed me everything i needed to know about the old cityin Marrakech.. the terrace has a nice panoramic view of the old city and the Atlas mountains. Thank you guys

• 23rd Jun 2014

The hostel was excellent, the owners were more than helpful and we had a very pleasant stay. They helped us book a tour to the Sahara which was awesome. Would definitely go back.

• 15th Jun 2014

Really enjoyed the hostel! i went with a friend and we had an amazing time in Marrakech and the surrounding areas. the guys there were really welcoming and hospitable and made sure we had a clear idea of all the surrounding areas and places to visit. the pictures DO NOT do this place justice! the open roof plan was just breathtaking and I loved the little birds that flew in and out. my room was on the roof (which was a bonus) but it did get pretty hot even with the fan on. i recommend this place

• 10th Jun 2014

The Riad Itry was a fantastic experience. I met some really cool people, learnt alot about Marrakesh/Morroccan culture. It was super relaxing and the owners were very helpful- I am sure I will go back. Negatives was sometimes the shower was dirty and paying to wash my clothes was not really ideal.

• 10th Jun 2014

The best hostel that I stayed at in Morocco. I highly recommend it, they also organize desert and mountain tours for very reasonable prices, i'd recommend the 3days Safari which i did myself.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Sweden

I'd definitely recommend taking the 3 days Sahara desert tour they organize, i think that was so far the best thing i did in Morocco, our driver was really cool.

• 11th May 2014

It was difficult to find out the place plus there were no sign on the door. Some signs on the street would be useful. There were only two bathrooms and few power outlets (there were only two in a room of 6 beds). The wifi was available only on some spots in the room.

Although the staff were very nice, the hostel itself was extremely disappointing. We stayed one night despite having booked a week & had to book in somewhere else at a loss of €300. It was extremely dirty, 2 shared toilets for the whole hostel & 1 shower between everyone, so you would often have to wait ages to use one. The room was extremely basic and the bed/pillows were very uncomfortable too, no air con or even basic facilities like a wardrobe in the room. The atmosphere was very bad.

Definitely a new hostel. As such, your taxi will probably not know what you are talking about so read the directions and maybe even have one of the staff meet you ( our taxi driver called and one of them came to the taxi). Interior is minimal. Shower is not closed off from the toilet but really nor bad at all. Staff helpful. They seem to just sit around all day smoking shisha... There is a nice rooftop but minimal seating. Staff did take car of us. Bed is HARD!

I would definitely recommend this hostel to anybody. Very nice people and great staff.

Kamal (the hostel manager) was a really cool person to meet, he did a lot to help us.. he even organized a desert safari for me, also a great place for meeting other travelers, i'll definitely go back for a longer stay next time.

• 21st Apr 2014

BE AWARE: Only passports accepted , so one of has had only the identity card and we were not allowed to stay. Moreover, if one of you is local, you are not allowed to stay either.

Too bad i could only stay one night.. i felt like home when i arrived there. I'll definitely go back the next time I'm in Marrakech

• 16th Apr 2014