Riad Itry Reviews

Bab Doukkala, Boutouil, Marrakech, Morocco

Kamal was a great host and he picked me out from the main street when I arrived from the airport, which was very nice of him. He explained all and also hand a map of the area. Kamal was a great host. I pay to stay there for two nights but second day I went to Atlas mountains for a day trip but stayed there for two days leaving all my belongings including passport behind in the hostel room. When we get back everything was exactly how we leaf it :-)

Kamal is so welcoming and hospitable. He has great suggestions for what to do around Marrakech and tips on how to get by, plus he's a genuinely sweet guy. We also took a day trip (organized by Kamal) to the atlas mountains that was incredible. We had nowhere to leave our stuff one day that we weren't scheduled to be staying in the hostel yet he still let us hang out there all day while my friend recovered from a stomach bug. Highly suggest this place.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Spain

I would highly recommend arranging with the owner to meet you somewhere if arriving at night. Difficult to find at first. I was upgraded to a private room for my stay as they overbooked. Very hard bed. Nice place. Would go back.

BEDBUGS!!! I was attacked by bedbugs, and not just a few. Covered in bites! Booked the triple private, and the small bed was infested with them. I arrived at the time I said, and no one was there to greet me, another guest let me in. The water was cold for a shower, the shower and toilet was very basic and not clean. The location is at least 20 minutes walk to the main square. The kitchen was very basic with hardly anything to cook with. The beds were also hard as a rock. Never again!

After a month spent travelling Morocco, I have to say this was my favourite place to stay. Affordable, clean, well situated and most importantly it is run by an amazing staff. Kamal was especially nice and helpful and I recommend this place to everyone! Great social atmosphere too.

• 28th Aug 2014

Really helpful staff. They even met me when I got lost, and took me back to the hostel (it was a little tricky to find). Very respectful and sincere. I will definitely stay there if / when I go back to Marrakech.

There's no ac so it gets really hot but other than that it was awesome. Staff are brilliant

Amazing hostel. Best quality/price value i've ever had. The hostel has a maximum capacity of less than 20 guests, which creates a very familiar atmosphere. The hallway is gorgeous : it almost has the feeling of fine hotel one. There is also a terrace, and the most of the beds are individuals, which has a much more comfortable feeling than bunk beds. Most important, i've met great people there and had great moments with them. Will be coming back eventually ;)

The hostel has a great location, close to both old and new city (it is almost on the border). The atmosphere in hostel is great, everyone is friendly and all the people from the hostel are supportive and they are willing to help you with the everything!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Serbia

We've had to call the hostel manager upon our arrival to the city, so he came and showed us the way to the hostel, and served us the moroccan mint-tea (the welcoming drink) gave us a free map of the city and explained about the tours and Safaries thay organize.... before he showed us the hostel as it has a very nice panoramic view from the terrace, Kamal (the manager) speaks about 6 languages so you'd never have a probleme of comunication here.

• 26th Jun 2014

The desert tour the organize was just an awesome experience.. loved the staff two..

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Japan

Very nice place, Kamal took a good care of me and showed me everything i needed to know about the old cityin Marrakech.. the terrace has a nice panoramic view of the old city and the Atlas mountains. Thank you guys

• 23rd Jun 2014