Riad Itry Reviews

Bab Doukkala, Boutouil, Marrakech, Morocco

I'd recommend using the map the clear map joined to the hostel's images as the map in google-maps wasn't as clear. This was what recommended by email and it workt so easy for me, other than this everything went amaizing.

• 29th Dec 2014

I had a great experience with these guys Thank you

• 29th Dec 2014

I'd recommend the 3 days desert safari they organize from the hostel, hands down.. this is what i could say to these guys.

• South Africa

Very friendly peaple and nice architecture, beautiful tiles.

• 28th Dec 2014

Good value for money.

• 28th Dec 2014

Authentic moroccan hospitality and facilities from the staff for keeping our bikes and cardboard boxes, a nice location for going by walk anywhere in Marrakech and relaxing atmosphere. Awesome views from the terrace to the Atlas mountains!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Spain

It is very hard to find and when I told him so, he criticized me. I had booked a desert trip ( with a false itinerary), which was fair price. But he gave me very little direction for it when I arrived, and went to talk with his friends.not so inviting.The next morning, no one was around and I was worrried that I was going to miss the trip. the trip was ok.they ran out of breakfast the 2nd day and bring you to expensive places to eat. Nowhere to charge my cell, didn't feel safe for my things

• 27th Dec 2014

Very hard to find even with GPS. No signs. Could try harder to put up a few. Near to bus stn. Other than that, OK

• 26th Dec 2014

Dear Sir If you had given time to read our directions which are automaticly sent with the confirmation of your booking You'd note the frst line says (Please check the map inserted in our images to make it easier finding the Riad) GPS isn't useful for the small allies of the Medinas of Morocco. About Sign, Yes we have the sign very claire near the hostel, but i'am surprised if the idea of a sign near the bus station, knowing that even ((the biggest 5star hotels)) aren't allowed to do that

A far more interesting option to the usual hotels. Riad Itry is the real deal, a moroccan style guest house with beautiful details and a terrace with views over the city. The owner (?) was cool and told all the useful stuff. Finding the riad is a bit of an adventure as it's in the heart of the maze-like old town, but that's what Marrakech medina is all about! You should stay in a riad while in Morocco, the peace and quietness inside is surprising after the hectic streetlife outside.

Contrary to what many had reviewed it was very easy to find the hostel just following the instructions we received in e-mail (there was also a very clear and good map included in the mail!) Staff was friendly and helpful. The tour to the sand dunes that we booked from the hostel was also very nice.

it was not easy to find the first time, so i'd recommend taking the map joined their images and use it upon arrival.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Nice place, good location and very helpful staff. It have a good price too. Just my mattress was very uncomfortable because it had a big hole between the springs. We stayed a long time without wifi because the modem had some problem but I understand it's not a regular problem.

Very nice place and friendly staff.. it feelt like being home

• 1st Dec 2014

i'd definitely recommend it, also i'd highly recommend the 3 day desert they organize, though there are many agencies doing this tour, but when i went on the tour and talked to other people who booked trough agencies i found that these guys are giving the cheapest price compared to all the others. Thank you guys

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Albania

The hostel is a good place to stay for a cheap price! The facilities are fine, the staff was really friendly and helpful and a bonus is the rooftop terrace with a nice view. It´s within an easy walking distance to the main square and with the description and the map here on hostelworld.com easy to find. I stayed there twice during my trip in Morocco and would do it again!

Hakim, Kemal, Omar, Hafeda, I have not forgotten my Moroccan guardian angels... I send BIG love and gratitude to you from Addis! Staying at Itry getting to know each of you was a joy. You offer travelers an unforgettable gift: a home in a beautiful corner of old Marakech. For those looking for some tranquility, Itry is a place of recovery! The riad attracts a respectful and authentic group of travelers. You all were highly knowledgable and willing to share your history and culture. Thank you(:

The staff was really helpful and gave good tips about Marrakech. The hostel was not easy to find, I couldn't find it by myself, there are no street signs on every corner. The cleanliness was mwa, but oke if you have flip flops.

Big thanks to Kamal Hakim and Omar, i'll be back for sure.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Austria

i had had a really good time and learned a lot about from the guys there, they really have a lot knowledge about their country.

• 11th Nov 2014

it felt more like home than a hostel.. i'd also recommend taking the camel ride, it was worth every penny.

• 4th Nov 2014