Riad Itry Reviews

Bab Doukkala, Boutouil, Marrakech, Morocco

i'd recommend this hostel.. when i arrived there i had already booked for a days desert tour, but when i arrived to the i found that they charge only 75€ for the same program instead of 120 € that i was going to pay if i had taken the other agency. Highly recommended

• 15th Feb 2015

The hostel is not a few minutes walk from the main square, it's about half an hour. I have stayed in authentic Riads, this is not one of them. If you are on a really tight budget then it's o.k but potential guests should be aware that this level of hostel is at the bottom of the market.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Very helpful staff, letting you know everything you need to not commit usual mistakes. The place is clean and quiet. A bit far from the core of the city but not too much. Recomend if you look for a cheap option.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

The staff was very, very helpful - actually this is the best thing about this hostel. I also liked the location close to Bab Doukalla so not in the most touristic part or Marrakech - it was not so busy and loud as everywhere else and you could rather see locals.

We were happy to stay at Riad Itry! The owner Kamal is a really cool guy with tons of knowledge about Marrakesh and Morocco. He told us so many funny stories. Showers were quite ok, our room was spartanic just bunkbeds. February so temperatures drop at night there were only normal blankets which is a bit cold but I had that in all hostels I was staying at in Morocco. Nice rooftop terrace. Hostel is 5 minutes walking distance from the busstation Bab Doukalla. - Wi-Fi slow

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Austria

I'd recommend that to my the others, the guys are very very nice and helpful, lovely decoration in the hostel. Cleanliness is good for the room, only simple bathroom with hot shower. However, it is very hard to find at the first time and 20 to 30 mins far from the night market.

The staff is very nice. However, the facilities of this hostel is terrible. There are just two bathrooms. It's a big problem because when the hostel is full, it's usually occupied. I was accommodate in upstairs and wifi doesn't work well in there. The mattress is very hard, very uncomfortable... And the kitchen was completely dirty. So... The unique positive review to say about this hostel is about staff, which is very helpful...Any other things need to be improved.

Everyone seemed really friendly. I only stayed the one night, but thought that the location was great and the value for money perfect.

Staff was very attentive upon arrival, showing the map of Marrakech in detail, giving tips and organizing tours. However, service was not very professional. The receptionist told us that he would bring a heater to the room, but it never showed up, when asked to another receptionist, he said that it would be too troublesome to get it. The paid breakfast is advertised but does not exist. Bathrooms are too few (2) for the amount of people in the hostel.

I had a great stay here - friendly and helpful staff, affordable, and it was in a very good location for walking to the center of town, also a two-minute walk from the airport bus stop. The hostel was clean and it has a very nice rooftop terrace - I would definitely recommend this to people! (Reliable Wi-Fi as well.)

The staff was really helpful and nice. We took its trip to the desert and it was really funny, meeting a lot of people. I would recomend it to anyone, and its really cheap ! Go for it ! :)

A relaxed atmosphere in a well maintained small establishment being run by friendly staff in the back streets of the old medina. Make sure to take note of the directions in getting there or you may experience some unpleasantness from the young locals in the surrounding streets. Its a little tricky to find and they will want your money to show you were it is.

Kamal and Omar are very friendly, the riad is clean and the location is good with cheap place to eat in the area.

Very difficult to locate the place at first, we were lead there by fake guide thinking that he was kind enough to show us the way since a woman asked him to show us there. My advice: pre load Google maps on your phone, use the map and instructions given and do not follow anyone! Cleanliness of the riad can be better, specially the kitchen and shower room on the ground floor.

The staff is really friendly and it is not that hard to find the way to the hostel if you take picture a of the map beforehand. What bothered me the most at my stay was that there is only one bathroom and almost no hot water. Other than that everything else was good.

I liked Riad Itry. The staff were very kind and very very helpful to me. Once you find the location of the Hostel the first time, you see that the Hostel is in a good location. However, if you arrive at night, I would recommend that you have the telephone number of the Hostel in your phone, in case you need to contact the hostel to help you reach it. I would like to thank the staff for the help they gave me when I was there.

Coming back to this hostel after a desert tour felt like coming home. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly from both the staff and other travelers. we ended up traveling for a week with another girl we met in the hostel. Hostel is clean with new renovations to put in a toilet and shower downstairs. Decorations are minimal, but there is an amazing skylight. It is hard to find at first, and I'm usually good at directions. CALL THE HOSTEL AND THEY WILL PICK YOU UP FROM THE DOUBLE ARCH!

Very happy of our experience in here. It's well located in the hearth of the medina. Staff very helpful. Rooms were clean. A bit confuse to find the place at the beginning. A nice experience in overall.

I'd recommend using the map the clear map joined to the hostel's images as the map in google-maps wasn't as clear. This was what recommended by email and it workt so easy for me, other than this everything went amaizing.

• 29th Dec 2014

I had a great experience with these guys Thank you

• 29th Dec 2014