Riad Itry Reviews

Bab Doukkala, Boutouil, Marrakech, Morocco

Staff was very attentive upon arrival, showing the map of Marrakech in detail, giving tips and organizing tours. However, service was not very professional. The receptionist told us that he would bring a heater to the room, but it never showed up, when asked to another receptionist, he said that it would be too troublesome to get it. The paid breakfast is advertised but does not exist. Bathrooms are too few (2) for the amount of people in the hostel.

I had a great stay here - friendly and helpful staff, affordable, and it was in a very good location for walking to the center of town, also a two-minute walk from the airport bus stop. The hostel was clean and it has a very nice rooftop terrace - I would definitely recommend this to people! (Reliable Wi-Fi as well.)

The staff was really helpful and nice. We took its trip to the desert and it was really funny, meeting a lot of people. I would recomend it to anyone, and its really cheap ! Go for it ! :)

A relaxed atmosphere in a well maintained small establishment being run by friendly staff in the back streets of the old medina. Make sure to take note of the directions in getting there or you may experience some unpleasantness from the young locals in the surrounding streets. Its a little tricky to find and they will want your money to show you were it is.

Kamal and Omar are very friendly, the riad is clean and the location is good with cheap place to eat in the area.

Very difficult to locate the place at first, we were lead there by fake guide thinking that he was kind enough to show us the way since a woman asked him to show us there. My advice: pre load Google maps on your phone, use the map and instructions given and do not follow anyone! Cleanliness of the riad can be better, specially the kitchen and shower room on the ground floor.

The staff is really friendly and it is not that hard to find the way to the hostel if you take picture a of the map beforehand. What bothered me the most at my stay was that there is only one bathroom and almost no hot water. Other than that everything else was good.

I liked Riad Itry. The staff were very kind and very very helpful to me. Once you find the location of the Hostel the first time, you see that the Hostel is in a good location. However, if you arrive at night, I would recommend that you have the telephone number of the Hostel in your phone, in case you need to contact the hostel to help you reach it. I would like to thank the staff for the help they gave me when I was there.

Coming back to this hostel after a desert tour felt like coming home. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly from both the staff and other travelers. we ended up traveling for a week with another girl we met in the hostel. Hostel is clean with new renovations to put in a toilet and shower downstairs. Decorations are minimal, but there is an amazing skylight. It is hard to find at first, and I'm usually good at directions. CALL THE HOSTEL AND THEY WILL PICK YOU UP FROM THE DOUBLE ARCH!

Very happy of our experience in here. It's well located in the hearth of the medina. Staff very helpful. Rooms were clean. A bit confuse to find the place at the beginning. A nice experience in overall.

I'd recommend using the map the clear map joined to the hostel's images as the map in google-maps wasn't as clear. This was what recommended by email and it workt so easy for me, other than this everything went amaizing.

• 29th Dec 2014

I had a great experience with these guys Thank you

• 29th Dec 2014

I'd recommend the 3 days desert safari they organize from the hostel, hands down.. this is what i could say to these guys.

• South Africa

Very friendly peaple and nice architecture, beautiful tiles.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Good value for money.

• 28th Dec 2014

Authentic moroccan hospitality and facilities from the staff for keeping our bikes and cardboard boxes, a nice location for going by walk anywhere in Marrakech and relaxing atmosphere. Awesome views from the terrace to the Atlas mountains!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Spain

It is very hard to find and when I told him so, he criticized me. I had booked a desert trip ( with a false itinerary), which was fair price. But he gave me very little direction for it when I arrived, and went to talk with his friends.not so inviting.The next morning, no one was around and I was worrried that I was going to miss the trip. the trip was ok.they ran out of breakfast the 2nd day and bring you to expensive places to eat. Nowhere to charge my cell, didn't feel safe for my things

• 27th Dec 2014

Very hard to find even with GPS. No signs. Could try harder to put up a few. Near to bus stn. Other than that, OK

• 26th Dec 2014

Dear Sir If you had given time to read our directions which are automaticly sent with the confirmation of your booking You'd note the frst line says (Please check the map inserted in our images to make it easier finding the Riad) GPS isn't useful for the small allies of the Medinas of Morocco. About Sign, Yes we have the sign very claire near the hostel, but i'am surprised if the idea of a sign near the bus station, knowing that even ((the biggest 5star hotels)) aren't allowed to do that

A far more interesting option to the usual hotels. Riad Itry is the real deal, a moroccan style guest house with beautiful details and a terrace with views over the city. The owner (?) was cool and told all the useful stuff. Finding the riad is a bit of an adventure as it's in the heart of the maze-like old town, but that's what Marrakech medina is all about! You should stay in a riad while in Morocco, the peace and quietness inside is surprising after the hectic streetlife outside.

Contrary to what many had reviewed it was very easy to find the hostel just following the instructions we received in e-mail (there was also a very clear and good map included in the mail!) Staff was friendly and helpful. The tour to the sand dunes that we booked from the hostel was also very nice.