Riad Jakoura Reviews

Rue El Gza Derb Zemouri N130, Bb Doukalla, Marrakech, Morocco

Overall it was a positive experience, however, the owner tried to raise the price of the room without telling us and expected us to pay it. His explanation was that the third night we stayed was in June( thus a higher price was implemented). The issue was that all of the nights we stayed there were in June, so he was just intentionally trying to get more money out of us. We did not pay it and he lowered his price to the stated price.

• 1st Jun 2014

No i was not trying to get more money from you.If you check HWORLD the prices for the 2 nights you booked were on a discounted rate and the 3rd night was on a normal rate( 2 euro difference) also the taxes, which you did not want to pay are clearly displayed on the web. And there is the matter of the 2 towels you took from my Riad without my consent, which costs me money and amounts to theft on your behalf .I would like to suggest, you as a professional should not fabricate the truth.

great place to stay, owner a really nice guy and very helpful without being intrusive. Its a bit of a difficult place to find as its literally in a back alley, but dont be put off by that, its a great place to stay. Dont expect it to be 5* cause its not, but it is comfortable clean and friendly, id stay there again.

• 6th May 2014
  • Wales
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We definitely recommend this Riad - the staff is absolutely lovely, the rooms are very nice, there's a rooftop terrace where you can lie in the sun, breakfast was delicious and it is surprisingly quiet despite being in the medina!

Friendly owner. wi-fi didn't work very well on the rooms.

nice staff, good breakfast, roof terrace, rather calm; location a bit off from the centre, in my (single) room the toilet was integrated without a separating door and produced slight smells at times

Nice riad, nice people and easy to get in contact with other travellers. But cold - in Marrakech (january).

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Norway

This is a good establishment but in our eyes, this place cannot match another establishment we stayed at which has a similar price offering and much better location. I guess I am particularly incredulous of average of 100% rating, which I have not seen in all my time of checking out fantastic hostels around the world!

It is a lovely Riad superbly run in a relaxed friendly way by Mohamed and valarie who also own a riad in the same area where we stayed the last night as riad jakoura was ful we had the most lovely time in both. Friendly hosts were always happy to help and very welcoming. Our room was exceptionally clean and traditionally decorated.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Swaziland

Great place, thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• 11th Dec 2012

Although the couple running it were helpful in the morning, trying to find the hostel in the dark was a complete nightmare. Marrakesh is very tricky to get around, and although we had been there before, we really struggled finding it. The hostel is a good 20 minute walk to the main square, room was bigger than average, but lacked any character . Breakfast was terrible. Overall, quite disappointed with the hostel and would definately not go back.

The best way to get to the riad is phoning the number you have in your main booking otherwise you will have trouble with the guy who is going to take you there ,and you wil be asked for 10 euro or more wich is better to book a transfer from the riad. i have booked 1 day, and stayed 6 days more, the riad and our room was beautifuly furnitured, .Nice staff,beautiful riad and clean rooms.I will recommend this riad to anyone.

I cannot recommend this hostel highly enough. The staff are very friendly and really helpful. It is fairly small and so has a lovely homely atmosphere. Our room was very well cleaned every day and also had plenty of space. The location is fantastic, just short walk from the square. It is also a total bargain considering the room prices.

Excellent Riad, run by excellent hosts! Had a great time there. Really helpful staff, helped us with all kinds of things: getting us around, getting a cab for a fair price, hooked us up with an excellent mountain/dessert trip, showed us how to cook Moroccan, smoked the shiza with us.... Highly recommended!

• 6th Dec 2011

We only stayed one night, but we really enjoyed our stay. The riad is in a nice quiet location but isn't too far from the square and the souks (about a 15 minute walk). What really made our stay was the owner, Rachid who was awesome. He was really friendly and helpful and made us feel like we were staying at a friend's house. Definitely recommend staying here.

Marrakech lovely city! I traveled a lone and in Riad Jakoura I met my family waiting for me and welcoming me warmly like their sun shine. It took me some time to get used to the largely good natured banter in the souks, I was impressed with the great respect and courtesy with which I were treated by everyone I met. This safety city made me respect every one in Marrakech; I was amazed how free I could move around with my cash in this busy city. I would not hesitate to recommend Riad Jakoura and I hope si

• 5th Aug 2011
  • Sweden

Although the owner is friendly, I only saw him the first day. There was noone else staying here except a young man to open & close door and sometimes he just left a spare key with me so he could go out. D not pay to be picked up from airport. €10 is too much. Take a taxi, walk to the first street parking area and turn right down the alley. The second street turn right again and the riad is the last door on the right.

An incredible place to stay! Location is very good (15 minute walk to the square) and gives guests a chance to see what real local life is like. Rooms are comfortable, clean, and AIR CONDITIONED. Wifi, tea, sheesha, and good breakfast all for free. They run all-inclusive trips to the desert or the atlas mtns for a reasonable price, highly recommended. But, the best thing about the riad is the staff. They are incredibly friendly and will literally do anything for you. It really feels like home.

The staff were brilliant and even bought me a bus ticket so that I could travel onwards as it's difficult to buy bus tickets for CTM or Supratours on the day. They also helped me out when I had a spot of bother in the medina.

I staid in Riad Jacoura and I enjoid it very much, the staff are very pleasant, I recommend this hotel.

I based my stay here based on all the amazing reviews I'd read and I have to say everything was true and more, I couldn't say enough good things about the staff, they go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable, the mint tea is always flowing and they are always willing to help out with any advice. It's worth booking tours through them as they price things fairly and everything is included unlike most of the other operators out there. I also went to a trip to a public hammam with Fatima and

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4