Riad Jemalhi Mogador Reviews

6 Ahmed Ouharoun, Essaouira, Morocco

No Rating

A rather basic Riad bot good value for money. Nicely restored community area and good location on the medina. The rooms and the breakfast are rather basic but there is nothing I can complain about. The rooftop terrace has definetly more potential.

Beautiful riad in great location in the medina. Clean place and friendly and helpful staff. Didn't really feel like a hostel though, more like a hotel. It was great for a couple but I think for those travelling on their own or hoping to meet people it's not the right kind of place.

Very difficult to find... there was a tv in my room, but it wasn't working. may be it was ok for the price i paid. the sheets didn't look clean at all

• 26th Jul 2012
  • Morocco

Très joli riad, pas cher, très bien placé, avec un très bon petit déj. A recommander!

The Riad was in an excellent location. The bottom floor had character and they had tried to make the terrace appealing. The staff were polite, helpful in that they provided a map and prompt, repsonsive . Breakfast was the same each day and there was no choice. The pancakes however were a treat. Our room was number 1 - it had no window and got stuffy quickly- noise travels, cockerill is active but the place settled at 11.30pm. The water taps are on back to front in the shower- do not be fooled.

Very useful place. Other people have complained about hot rooms, it's not a 5 star hotel and it's in Morocco. We had a good time, they're very helpful staff, it's in a brilliant situation. Only thing was a burst pipe in the bathroom, that was no problem. I'd stay again.

Felt more like a hotel than any of the riads or dars we stayed in Morocco. I liked ita lot because the rooms were cooler than other hostels because of how big the riad was. . . however, being so big made it a little less intimate.

The staff was friendly, but the room had a musty odor, the shower is too dark...there was no light in the shower area and the toilet was not operating properly, so it made a loud noise after you flushed it. Enivornment is not the best, young guys in the area were fighting and the luggage is not convienent for going up the stairs.

• 31st Jul 2010
  • Couple, 41+

This riad was absolutely beautiful. I booked it last minute but they were prepared for us with a stunning, clean room, delicious breakfast and incredibly peaceful surroundings. This was by far the best riad I stayed in and the cheapest. The staff are very helpful and friendly, there is a gorgeous roof terrace that looks out over Essaouira and two long, plush lounges to relax (and, in our case, watch some of the World Cup games!) in. I can't recommend this riad enough.

lovely place to stay, very friendly staff, beautiful rooms thank you

A good riad in the heart of the medina. We got different rooms to what we booked (booked a bed in a dorm for my son but don't think they have any dorms) but nice rooms,very comfortable bed, shower ok.

Very stylish hotel in heart of the medina. Beautiful louge and lovely 3-4 person appartment on the roof. Well worth the money. Wi-Fi connection in the lounge only. Would stay again

The hostel was really noisy at night and early in the mornings. The bathroom was not clean. Communal areas were good but the rooms and bathrooms were disappointing

It is a nice place to stay, good value for money and a riad I would recommend to my friends. However, staff didn't provide us clear instructions about how to get the riad in the middle of the Medina. In fact, it was another riad's staff who help us to find the place.

Whilst the public areas of this hostel were clean and full of character, the internet was free and the breakfast excellent; the rooms themselves had a damp problem which was certainly noticable by the smell

really nicely decorated, in the middle of the medina, 3 minutes walk to beach and harbour; clean, nice breakfast, really good value for that price!!

I was bited by some bugs in my bed.....Never stay again.......

Nothing special in Riad terms but still a nice place to stay.Def. value for money and a pleasant stay was had.The Free Internet was useful.The breakfast was usual Riad style and good enough.

Excellent value Riad. Friendly Staff.

Very pretty communal areas, great roof terrace, but the room smelt a bit damp and the hot water was very intermitent.

View all Essaouira Bed and Breakfasts