Riad La Caleche Reviews

48 Derb El Firane, Riad Laarous, Marrakech, Morocco

This hostel is run by a very friendly couple of guys. They were very helpful in arranging taxis for us and suggesting places in Marrakech we'd like to visit. It's a comfy Riad, very relaxed and I'd definitely stay there again!

Very nice riad with a lovely staff. Recommended!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Air-con didn't work because the unit hasn't been installed properly. We were given a broken fan instead. Left my 45euro electric toothbrush behind - no response to my email or phone call. Went back to the riad 2 weeks later to find out a staff member had taken my toothbrush to his hometown while he was on holidays??!! I left my address so that it could be sent to me, was promised that it would be but it has been 3 weeks and I haven't gotten the email I was promised once it was sent.UNTRUSTWORTHY

Gorgeous, charming riad about a 15 minute walk from the main square in Marrakech. Very friendly staff who went out of their way to help us and recommend places to see and things to do. I would recommend contacting the hostel in advance to get an airport pickup (€13 or 150 Dirham) as the hostel would have been very difficult to find by ourselves! Delicious breakfast every morning served in a the small courtyard and a great rooftop for sunbathing. Highly recommend this riad!

• 9th Jul 2014

When we arrived to the Riad, we were moved to the company's more centrally located Riad, Les Deux Portes. Wasn't a problem in the slightest, as both Riads are gorgeous and we lucked out being 2 mins from Jemaa El Fna. Pit Cho and Samir are very cool and helpful hosts (just don't make the faux pas of getting their names wrong - sorry homies!); my brother and I couldn't have felt more at ease in their company. The rooms were clean, the riad quaint. Shout out to Ridwan too who we first met :)

• 5th Jul 2014

We enjoyed our stay and the staff were so helpful and friendly. They made tea for us and showed us where to go on a great map, made us feel comfortable and welcome and we had a great stay. We had the five bed dorm with bath and it was large enough for all of us. The courtyard was very cute and Moroccan styled. I highly recommend this riad.

great hostel, just more than a little hard to find .staff we're excellent and really friendly always, even waking up extra early to make us breakfast before a trip to Essaouira. Room was pretty large with a nice bed and ensuite bathroom. It is a little bit of a walk to the main square, but it meant we got to see a whole new part of the city which we were happy with. All in all a great hostel which we will definitely recommend to friends. Thanks for the great stay!!

Our recent stay at Riad La Caleche was amazing! The two guys running this place are so sweet and went out of their way to ensure that our every need was met. They set us up on a camel tour and arranged for taxis, and even cooked dinner for us for two of the nights! The food was authentic and amazing and we even got to play the drums with them. The riad itself is gorgeous and our room was spacious and nicely appointed. Overall we would highly recommend this place! -Ayesha, Fatima & Yessamin

• 8th Jun 2014

A great riad with only positive comments. The 2 gentlemen made our vacation entirely! On arrival they were very welcoming even with our delayed arrival to the country. Recommended to book a taxi from airport to the riad, arranged via email. The riad itself is lovely with an indoor pool, spacious rooms, good sized bathrooms with hot water. As part of the costs breakfast is provided which varies day to day. Can also arrange various excursions for you for very cheap. Very highly recommended!

We stayed in La Caleche for 10 days and had a wonderful time. It is a beautiful Riad, an oase of rest and cleanliness in the medina of Marrakech. We had a comfortable room and a large bathroom with hot water every day. Redouane, Abdelatif and Zinab are the most friendly staff you could wish for, allways there for a nice minttea and information, help or just a chat in a relaxed atmosphere.

• 26th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Do not hesitate to stay here! Perfect location, friendly and accommodating staff and beautiful ambiance. If you want a real Marrakech experience definitely stay at a riad and not a hotel. I would recommend emailing the staff to arrange an airport pick-up. The old medina is difficult to navigate, even for taxi drivers.

• 21st May 2014

We had a wonderful time in the Riad La Caleche. Their breakfast alone is wonderful, with tea or coffee and different kinds of jam and delicious bread; it can be enjoyed in the Riad's shady centre, complete with an orange tree and a small pool, or upstairs at the roof top with a breathtaking view over Marrakech. Both Jaja and his lovely wife took great care of us and made us feel at home immediately. Sehr zu empfehlen. Niels and Anna

if youre looking for the nicest place in marrakech - we found it! the atmosphere is very familiar, the staff super friendly and the food is just AWESOME. The guys will help you with everything you need, explain you what you should see and do, how to get there etc. They give cooking classes and sometimes little guitar concerts. Rooms are beautful, clean and spacious. go for it ;)

• 4th Mar 2014