Riad La Caleche Reviews

48 Derb El Firane, Riad Laarous, Marrakech, Morocco

This riad is clean and pleasant and in a good location but I was a bit disappointed that I played a little extra to stay somewhere that advertised having a pool. There was no pool and we were actually moved to a different riad when we checked in. Its nice enough but not the best value for money place I stayed in Marrakech.

This riad was absolutely amazing. The rooms are air conditioned, the shower is a dream and the staff are just incredible. Our bedsheets and towels were changed every single day we were there. We had an 8 night booking and were away for two of the nights. When we returned our beds were still our beds and any stuff we left was exactly where we left it.the staff are simply the best. We would definitely return here if we get back to Morocco!

• 27th Dec 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Riad la caleche. the stuff made us feel very welcome and helped us settle in to the crazy life in Marrakech. The riad itself is lovely, clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. Lovely breakfast, and overall great value for money. The riad can help organise excursions to the Sahara and other locations near by, and pitchou and hassan took a great cookery course. Would definitely come back to Riad La caleche. Thank you very much!

• 27th Dec 2013

Absolutely loved staying at Riad La Caleche! The place was beautiful, perfectly located, and the guys running it were super friendly and helpful :). And you MUST have dinner there at least one night while staying there, tasted amazing!!

The staff here at riad la caléche were absolutely fabulous. They were attentive to our needs and provided lots of information on where to go, what to eat and where to stay away from. I took a cooking class provided by the riad and learned how to make a fabulous tagine and Moroccan salad. The riad is conveniently located at 10 minutes of the main square and I've always felt very safe staying where I was. I would stay here again when I return.

• 26th Dec 2013

This riad is great, they deserve their high rating,I don't normally review but for this place i had to! The Riad is beautiful and immaculate.all the staff are so much fun, helpful and friendly,prepare to extend your stay i didn't want to leave. They'll happily store all your luggage while your off on excursions, give you great advice and recommendations for food: eat at #100 in Djemaa el F'na . Location is great although I was happy i got the airport pick up!

• All Male Group, 25-30

Lovely riad with a lovely stuff,the highlight was the cooking class with Pitchou one of the stuff,too bad we only stayed for a couple of days i felt like home when i arrived there.i'll definetley come back when im in marrakech.

• 26th Dec 2013

The best riad i've ever stayed at.free tea whenever you want,great atmosphere and very familiar,motivated and helpful stuff,excellent breakfast,clean rooms.truly a home away home.

• Belgium

I have stayed in quite a few hostels over the years and I have to say that the quality of the rooms, service and the overall amenities is really impressive. The building is decorated beautifully, the beds are really comfy, tea is constantly being served and HASSAN and PiTCHOU are so hospitable and so knowledgeable about Marrakesh and the surrounding area. This is an amazing place for a first time traveller to stay and anyone who is looking for a comfortable engaging place to stay in the hear

• Belgium

This Riad was very well located, very oriental and stylish. I felt as if i'd be at home with friends and relatives. Great traditional atmosphere and modern facilities. Clean and relaxed atmosphere, comfortable, happiness in deep soul of Morocco. Unforgettable experience. I'll come back again big thanks to great staff, very polite helpful and very friendly ,

• 25th Dec 2013

The best riad in all of Marrakech! Very friendly staff, very helpful and accommodating! Free mint tea, delicious homemade breakfast, and wifi. You can even have your authentic Moroccan cuisine prepared for you right at the riad! Very hot water in the showers and great location- close to the sooks but in a little quieter neighborhood- a refuge from the chaos of the Marrakech streets. Book now before it fills up!

Its hard to find, so I recommend to book the pick up with them even if is a bit overpriced, but mainly if you arriving at night. Another thing is the internet is not good in every single room so ask for a good internet reception prior arriving. When you make the reservation make sure you're staying in La Caleche, because the owner has more than one Riad so he might send you to another one when u get there. After I left the riad I had some bed bug bites all over, but the rest of my group was OK.

We (couple) arrived late evening and were driven to another Riad "owned by the same company", very well placed but definitively not Riad la Caleche. We reserved taken into consideration the pictures, infos and rating of Riad La Caleche, not of the one we were accommodated into, that finally appeared as having lower qualities than the original. There were not towels, no soap, wifi was not reachable from the room, breakfast was rather poor and the room in general was not too clean.

really enjoyed our stay. we stayed here for 3 nights and checked out directly into our two day-one night desert tour that the staff recommended and helped us book. we were able to leave our baggage here and picked it up upon our return. it's clean, the breakfast is great, and Pichu, essentially the one-man team was very hospitable..we felt right at home.

• 10th Dec 2013

Great place to stay in Marrakech! The staff were so friendly and helpful. We arrived late at night and one of them personally walked us to a nearby restaurant. I would recommend getting the airport transfer as there would be no way we could have found the riad otherwise. It's a nice place to stay away from the busy streets. Only thing to note is there isn't much sound-proofing inside. We had some loud students staying in the rooms. But the riad is lovely and the included breakfast is delicious!

Very clean and beautiful Hostel in the middle of the Medina, walking distance to the Djemaa el Fna. Hostel staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean and in good condition. Only downside is that the hot water runs out after a while. The 3-day trip to the desert we booked in the Hostel was up to standard and cheap. Really enjoyed our (6 pers.) stay!

The hostel is really worth advising. It is clean, the breakfast very tasty and is has a good location. The stuff member (Pichu) was very friendly during our stay but after our leave we had a problem and we wanted to get some advise from him which he did not give us :( However durign the stay everything was cool. Tip: If you are short of money do not ask the hotel to call the taxi for you as the price will be higher than it should be.

Great little bed and breakfast. Very helpful staff who were always available to assist. Breakfast each morning was fresh and authentic. The whole place was clean and location great. A little hard to find upon arriving but easy enough once you knew where to go.

Before booking La Caleche, be aware that they have at least 3 houses and you don't know in which of these you will stay until you arrive there. I want to know that before I book. We stayed in Dar Salama, which was very very nice and close to Djmaa el-Fna. The staff is super awesome and did everything to make our stay as nice as possible. But: internet not working, no locks on the doors or safes in the rooms. The rooms are quite small but beautifully decorated.

1 2 Next » last »