Riad Layla Rouge Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Rokni, 23, Marrakech, Morocco

I loved staying in this riad, it's one of the best hostels I've stayed in. It's colourful, clean, cosy, very hot showers, super breakfast, nice rooms and nice roof terrace. Sayd and his staff work very hard and are always friendly, cheerful and welcoming. They are very helpful and really make sure that guests feel at home. I recommend this hostel 100% and I would definitely stay here again.

We had a lovely stay at Riad Layla Rouge, our room was beautiful, the breakfast good and Sayeed and his staff were excellent. We will definitely return here.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We really loved this place!!! People from the hostel are very friendly and kind. It was a real pleasure to spend time with them. Rooms are beautiful and clean. This hostel was as a second house during these days. A special thanks to Aida, Ali and Said!!!!

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Riad Layla Rouge for a week in Morocco. I randomly stumbled on the place before leaving for our trip and reserved a couple nights in case we wanted to try somewhere else later in our trip. But, you cannot beat the convenience, service, location, and overall appearance of this hostel. It is tucked away in an alley for added privacy, but you are among the crowds and souks within seconds. We ended up staying here for our entire vacation.

• 9th Dec 2014

Stayed at Layla rouge for 4 nights in a double room with ensuit. The rooms are spacious and well equipped and the hostel is very clean, with a large outdoor area with sofas to relax. The hostel is only a 2 minute walk from jemaar el-fnaa and a 5 minute walk from the souls. Furthermore the staff are incredibly friendly, a huge breakfast is provided between 8-10.30 and they'll provide as much free tea as you can drink. I would definitely go back!

• 8th Dec 2014

If Sayd doesn't become your favourite person ever in the first 5 seconds of meeting him, there is something wrong with you. My stay at Riad Layla was perfection. Not only is the Riad beautifully decorated and in a perfect location, the staff are what really make it the best. I recommend this hostel 100%, you will not regret your stay here and will be sad to leave! I nearly extended my trip in Morocco, just so I could stay at Riad Layla for longer! Thank you Sayd and Mahommed!

Great stay! Very helpful and friendly staff, tasty meals, clean rooms, relaxed atmosphere, good location. Recommended!!

The staff were great and very friendly will definitely be going back

• 27th Nov 2014

Great hostel with great staff. Mohamed and Said were brilliant and looked after us the entire time, I'll definitely be back.

• 27th Nov 2014

Very nice riad, we had a dinner for free ( very good!!), i am coming back for sure!

I had a great a great stay at Layla Rouge. Said and his crew were very nice and helpful. And the Sahara tour they organized was great!

one of most impressive things in my marrakech trip was unbelievable kindness that the staffs of Layla rouge had showed me during whole my stay there. Seid and Mohammed played some music and it was just awesome. its location can be a little picky at your first visit, but it's really nearly located to Dejeema el fna plaza, and your way back to the riad is safe in midNight.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Awesome staff- really helped me out above and beyond the call of duty! Very welcoming and friendly. Nice rooms and lovely terrace views.

• 11th Nov 2014

A WARNING to fellow travelers: although the hotel staff was very gentle with us we were overcharged for one night stay. We felt the staff took advantage of us not knowing very well the Dirham exchange rate so they did not hesitate to ask us to pay double. It's a nice hotel but we left with great disappointment.

Layla Rouge gave us a very warm welcome to morocco. Upon arrival we were welcomed with tea, cookies and a free dinner. The room was very clean and homely, decorated with so much detail that I would have loved to take it with me. Also the staff, Said and Mohammed, were very helpful. Mohamed is the best guitarist, and Saiid can speak pretty much any language you can imagine. Both were there 24/7 and helped with any request, assisting in avoiding the typical tourist traps. Already booked our return

• 6th Nov 2014

This hostel looked awesome. We had a private room which was very cool. All of the decor in the hostel was fun to look at. The staff was friendly and helpful and this hostel was located about a 5 minute walk from the square.

The hostel has a very great location, but this is the only positive thing. We lived in a room close to the community room; it was very loud and there were lights like in a disco. Breakfast was good and the staff friendly, but we couldn't sleep. It was also selling very bad. Would not recommend to go there if you need a little bit comfort and calmness.

• 29th Sep 2014

This is one of the best hostels that I have ever stayed at. The location was perfect right by the souks and less than a 5 minute walk to Jema el Fana. The staff were delightful and accommodating. We booked a Sahara desert trip for one night through the hostel which I highly recommend. I think the most amazing thing was that one night the owners made all the guests traditional Moroccan food with live music on the terrace! I would really recommend staying here if visiting.

• 21st Sep 2014

This hostel has many positive attributes as per many other glowing ratings. We had an issue, however, with BED BUGS in the dorms! After discovering several itchy bites we looked over our beds and found the bugs, and brought one to the staff. We were quickly accommodated in private rooms for the remainer of our stay, but never recieved an apology and the staff insisted that the hostel did not have bed bugs (despite overwhelming evidence). Our experience appears to be the 3rd of the summer...

Amazing, you should go!