Riad Layla Rouge Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Rokni, 23, Marrakech, Morocco

The best hotel that i've stayed. Good shower, great bed and the staff are very helpful and kind. There is a rooftop with amazing energy and you can have a tea there, anytime you want and if you like, you can try shisha. Besides that, the breakfast is very delicious and good variety.

• 8th May 2015

The best place we have stayed in Marrocco, although there were two things that they can still improve: put bigger lockers for the guests (the ones that they have are just to leave a few small things in it- for ex. passport and money), and actually have the breakfast ready for the time when it starts (we have had to wake up the person who has stayed at night as a guard, and because of how long we have had to wait for the breakfast, we almost have lost the train to Casablanca).

From the moment we walked in it felt like home so much so that we didn't want to leave. Thanks you so much.

The staff at Layla Rouge are very friendly and welcoming - a refreshing tea and cakes after each journey through the Medina hits the spot. It feels like you are living with a family and its easy to meet other travellers who are doing tours to the dessert. waterfalls or Essoauria (the beach). This riad is beautiful inside and has a quaint terrace with four small tortoises roaming around - be careful they don't nibble your toes :) I highly recommend staying at Layla Rouge riad.

• 28th Apr 2015

Broken shower and blocked plug that the staff didn't seem to bothered by. But otherwise very nice place with a great road terrace

Great location in the medina close to a main gate, very helpful and friendly staff, beautiful terrace to enjoy with fellow travelers, delicious breakfast in the morning. Highly recommend this place and would stay here again!

It is the best hostel I've ever stayed, all staff are pretty helpful and friendly, very well located and really good atmosphere!!!

Great hostel and great location (although we were at Janah Rouge, not Layla Rouge). It was a 5 minute walk from the main square and souks. The staff were so helpful and accommodating. They served us mint tea and cookies whenever we asked for it (for free). The hostel was clean, safe, and provided a gorgeous rooftop lounge to smoke shisha. Some of our friends even slept up there one night. Little difficult to find, but they will come meet you. Overall AMAZING place! Highly recommend it!

Great location! Staff is not that friendly.

They overbooked Layla rouge and moved us at 1030 pm with no explanation other than the fact that as they stated "there is so 6 bed dorm at riad Layla rouge". I was upset as I'm not sure how they can advertise for a booking that doesn't exist. They denied they were over booked. My friend had a sprained ankle and were then forced to move all our stuff to a riad a sketchy walk away. Riad was cramped, stuffy, hot and security was questionable. Would recommend elsewhere.

• 21st Apr 2015

This guest was upgraded to Riad Jennah Rouge. They were abusive and aggressive with staff from the outset. In the morning we asked them to leave. There are ways of dealing with dissatisfaction but degrading our staff is not one of them.

We really liked the place decoration and terrace. The service was great, always helpful and talkative. Location is very central near all the shops but not in a crowded place. Breakfast was good and they received us with some Moroccans sweets that were great. Bathroom inside the room was very big and comfortable, with hot water. I definitely would stay there again.

I originally booked for Layla Rouge, But was taken to stay at "the annex" Jennah Rouge couple of minutes walk away (but you can always pop into Layla if your passing & enjoy the terrace). Jennah is a similar feel (& colourful decor) with a beautiful roof terrace, except has high walls, so no panoramic view of the Medina. The staff are incredibly friendly, welcoming & helpful - they even packed me dinner to take on the night train! Good wifi connection, hot showers & comfy bunks. I recommend

I loved staying here!! The staff is wonderful. It's in the perfect location, close to the square and all the sights, but it's in a quiet area. I was traveling alone and I felt safe here. All of the other travelers were super respectful and fun. The shower isn't the best and we had to share one shower with eight or so people, but other than that it was perfect. Thank you so much Siad and Joad!!

Stayed at Layla Rouge on and off during my 10 days in Morocco. The staff are welcoming, kind and super helpful and the hostel itself is such a nice sanctuary just around the corner from the insanity of the square the the souqs. Definitely would stay again and recommend it to friends!

Nice hostel close to the action of Marrakech. The breakfast was lots of breads and dough- not my ideal breakfast, however we were served a free moroccan dinner one night! The bathroom situation for the mixed dorm room is less than ideal, as there's only one for 8+ guests. Overall, a good experience.

The guys at the hostel were very welcoming and they made you feel at home. The Riad served as a beautiful alternative to the crazyness that Marrakech sometimes offers. Solid Wi-Fi and a hot shower, great stuff! The terrace overlooking the city is great as well. Thanks!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Lovely hostel, clean, tucked away in a quiet place in the middle of the medina, super friendly and helpful staff who helps you get around the Marrakech craziness (advising you on the "right price", giving you bargaining tips, taking you to a good hammam place etc.) I really enjoyed my stay and can't think of anything I disliked! In terms of hostel, that's about as good as it gets!

• 11th Apr 2015

Great hostel if you are coming for the Moroccan experience they do a Breaky also- i did stay at another hostel prior to-Equity place which has better sunbathing facilities and an onsite restaurant/bar, pool so I had something to compare it to. My only concern was that my whole room departed and the sheets weren't cleaned for the newbies! But bathroom was clean and towels appeared clean. Also there is a group of men in a spice shop Enroute that are so awful Its quite intimidating for lone gals!

This was the first hostel ive ever stayed in and it was amazing! It is located near the souks/ square, the staff there are great people and make you feel so welcome. The hostel itself is great to look at and has a nice terrace on the toof top so you can catch some sun. The staff make this hostel i would say, Sayd is one of the funniest,chilled out, helpful people you will meet in Marrakech. They help you with everything! 100% recommend this hostel 👍

• 7th Apr 2015

I booked twlo nights for two people at layla rouge. Unfortunately because I booked it so long ago iforgot i got the hostel for two nights. When I got the confirmation email it said it was booked just for me for two nights so I had the friend get a second night for us. I tried to explain this simple mix up, asking to cancel the second night but they refused. also they got the bed count wrong and transfered us , on top of that they gave us beds that were already being used... awkward

• 4th Apr 2015

We are a little confused by this convoluted review. When we send confirmation we reiterate the dates but it would not have specified that the reservation was for one person at any point. It is unfortunate that this guest forgot the details of their reservation, and it was awkward for them, but what with a million ways of recording information on various technologies, we don't accept responsibility for an individual's forgetfulness.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4