Riad Layla Rouge Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Rokni, 23, Marrakech, Morocco

Great hostel if you are coming for the Moroccan experience they do a Breaky also- i did stay at another hostel prior to-Equity place which has better sunbathing facilities and an onsite restaurant/bar, pool so I had something to compare it to. My only concern was that my whole room departed and the sheets weren't cleaned for the newbies! But bathroom was clean and towels appeared clean. Also there is a group of men in a spice shop Enroute that are so awful Its quite intimidating for lone gals!

I booked twlo nights for two people at layla rouge. Unfortunately because I booked it so long ago iforgot i got the hostel for two nights. When I got the confirmation email it said it was booked just for me for two nights so I had the friend get a second night for us. I tried to explain this simple mix up, asking to cancel the second night but they refused. also they got the bed count wrong and transfered us , on top of that they gave us beds that were already being used... awkward

• 4th Apr 2015

The staff at the hostel are great, they treat you like home and they help you with anything you need. 100% recommended.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Spain

I was only here for one night at th end of my holidays in Morocco, but I would definitely come back. The location is amazing, it's one of the most beautiful hostels I've ever stayed in and the staff is more than helpful. Breakfast is also included and super delicious!!

Best hostel I've been in a long time. Excellent location, great staff, great atmosphere, perfect in every sense. Could NOT be better. Thanks guys for everything you did to help me. Next time in Morroco, Layla Rouge is gonna be my home again.

Very helpful and friendly staff, excellent terrace with beautiful interior. Plenty of blankers and a very comfortable bed. Would book again.

We had an excellent stay at Riad Layla Rouge. The riad is perfectly located close to the markets and the facilities were great, I personally loved the roof top terrace! The staff were amazing, going above and beyond to make sure we had a pleasant stay. They even put on a dinner for us one night which was so kind of them. Overall the riad had a very relaxing and welcoming vibe. We would not hesitate to stay at layla rouge when we visit beautiful Marrakech again. Thanks

The staff are really lovely and excellent. Ask Said for a game of Rumikub.

Great hostel with the nicest employees!! Tricky to find so I would suggest getting picked up at the main gate rather than trying to find it yourself. Very close to all the main action.

Relaxing atmosphere with excellent service by Sayd and Jawad. Sayd helped me book great excursions to the desert and Eussaouira. Highly recommended. Would definitely come back next time in Marrakesh!!

The chain of Rouge hostels in Marrakech are the perfect antidote to a city full of crazy hustle. The staff continually go out of their way to make you feel happy and comfortable. Personally I'd recommend booking all tours and accommodation through them.

Amazing hostel! The staff were so kind and lovely and informative and the mint tea was outstanding! I would never stay anywhere else in Marrakech. The roof terrace was sensational. I wish I had more superlatives. Breakfast was fab and everything was lovely and clean and cozy.

• 6th Mar 2015

I was transferred from Layla rouge to a new riad, Jennah Rouge, owned by the same people. I was met at the airport by a man who drove me to a street near by where a person from Jennah Rouge was waiting to show me the way. It is tucked away so it's quiet. I was given mint tea and cookies upon arrival

• 4th Mar 2015

It was the first time we were traveling to Morocco and Marrakech seemed very hectic to us. But coming back from the streets of the Medina (where there is always something to see) Layla Rouge seems like a breath of fresh air. Excellent location in the middle of everything but so nice and quiet. Staff very nice and helpful, they made us feel at home. Delicious breakfast that we chose to serve on the terrace enjoying the Moroccan heat.

I've never felt more welcome and comfortable. The staff are extremely hospitable. The riad itself is beautiful. It was such a lovely place that we didn't even leave the riad on the last day, so we could enjoy it fully.

• 28th Feb 2015

Said and the whole team are absoluteky amazing, i can only recommend this little beautiful riad!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Layla Rouge was the best possible base from which to get to know Marrakech for an unexperienced Morocco traveller like me. Since the reservation process through my arrival til the end of my staying, the staff, were attentive and kind. The Riad is very cosy, the beds comfortable, the whole place clean. The breakfast is simple, but it was fine with me - even more so as the (pan)cakes are all baked in the house. Superbe roof terrace on two floors too. It is even situated very well in the city. Yay!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Such a nice place to stay. Ebrahim, one of the guys that works there was excellent. He showed me around the square and made sure i knew how to get back to the hostel as it can be quiet tricky to find. All the other staff there are just as good. Always willing to help out. Good place to meet people as well as they have a great common area !. Definitely recommend travellers to stay here !!

• 25th Feb 2015

Really enjoyed my stay at the Riad Layla Rouge! Friendly and help staff, great facilities, and located right in the Medina- not too far from Jemma El-Fna. Would definitely stay here again!

The staff were amazing. Free tea. Everything was great. Such a good place.

• 25th Feb 2015