Riad Layla Rouge Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Rokni, 23, Marrakech, Morocco

Absolutely the best Hostel in Marrakech. The staff treats you like family and really cares for you. Mourad and Mohammed are the best! The cleaning staff keeps the place sparkling. The bathrooms and showers here are top notch and way better than Marrakech Rouge (where I also stayed). Great roof top view. Great location, minutes from the medina. Comfortable beds and warm blankets. Great and free breakfast. This hostel - all because of the staff - goes the extra mile and is the best Marrakech has.

The best hostel ever!! Specially the Morad, an amizing guy who will take care of you, whatever and whenever you need. The place is so warm and beautifull!

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Israel

I spent 4 nights at the hostel and felt right at home from the first serving of tea and biscuits i was offered on arrival, and there were plenty more! It has a really friendly atmosphere and its easy to meet fellow travellers there. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and they do a great breakfast too. Perfect location as well and dont miss the sunset from the roof terrace! Recommended!

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Wales

It is a great hostel with really great staff very helpfully and friendly great location and very good breakfast and very clean the rouge cafe across the road to the hostel has great food and fantastic staff I give it 10\10 for both hostel and café.

Layla Rouge is a nice hostel in the centre of Marrakech. Very well located and has a roof terrace with beautiful view. The staff are very friendly, in particular Mourad. He makes you feel at home immediately and very helpfull with all your questions and requests. If you are looking for a hostel with a lot of ambiance, you are at the right place.

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Belgium

The hostel is in a great location not too far (5 mins) from the main square, but away from the hustle and bustle. Facilities are great and nothing is too much for Mourad and the team, all you have to do is ask. Very friendly and welcoming, bright happy and lively! We will always recommend this hostel. They also have Cafe Rouge across the road run by Aayda; the set menu is stunning, the lamb and beef are particularly tasty! Both Hostel and Cafe highly recommended! 10/10 :) Chokran!

I enjoyed my stay in the hostel. Staff were very welcoming and catering including Mourad who made me feel very at home. He gave me a good description of the city and I found my way about well as well as showing me the best places with spectacular food. Would definitely visit again.

• 11th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

My girlfriend and I stayed for 7 nights in a private double room. We had an excellent stay - the staff were extremely friendly and willing to do anything to help, from directions & recommendations to historical guidance and honestly improved the quality of our time in Morocco. Never have I felt so relaxed and welcome at a hostel before. Remarkable service from the manager and intend to recommend this hostel to other travellers thinking of staying in Marrakech.

• 7th Jan 2016

Most lovely hostel!! Greatest, most friendly staff! Mourad was amazing, he even remembers everyones name, and greets you at the doordoor with a big smile. Very clean hostelhostel, even had an amazing roof top patio where you cancan watch the sunset. They would always offer you free tea and delicious frshly baked cake. The breakfast was amazing! Freshly made crepes, and so many other awesome goodies. Perfect stay!

• 7th Jan 2016

really enjoyed our stay, great value for money! The staff were extremely helpful, especially Mourad, made us feel very welcome and helped us with anything we needed. Amazing location. was a little surprised that there were no doors on the shower or toilet in the double rooms - they should make that clear when booking.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Scotland

Nice hostel in the medina, right by the souks and the Jemaa El Fnaa (main square). Friendly staff, good breakfast. We stayed in separate building around the corner. Excellent roof terrace. I think we stayed in one of the nicest rooms.

It is a nice riad converted into hostel. CONS: toilet/shower is only on the room so you may get stuck in the mornings, breakfast quality is not the best, upper bank beds are a bit hard to climb and BE CAREFUL with the guys that try to "guide" you to the hostel, specially when arriving at night, just ignore them or say NO or threaten with calling the police. Hostels should try to do something to prevent this. PROS: sunsets on the terrace are amazing and the general vibe is laid back

I was very disappointed by this riad after all of the good reviews. I had higher expectations. This has potential but is very poorly run and the people running it have no idea what they are doing. There were two young guys working there. One tried hard to be helpful, Hassan, and even though he didn't know the answer to pretty much any question at least tried to figure it out. The other guy was rude and condescending and not helpful at all anytime I asked for anything.

We thought it was strange that the bathroom inside the room didn't have a door and that the room had no windows. In the winter the room is very cold, more carpets would have been nice. Hassan, the host, was very friendly and helpful. Breakfeast was ok. Description said credit cards accepted, however it wasn't possible when we got there. It would have been nice to know this beforehand. The offered excursions were more expensive than elsewhere.

Great hostel! I felt like I was getting the true experience of Moroccan hospitality, they really make the effort to make every guest feel welcome. I definitely recommend this hostel to anybody travelling to Marrakech.

The hostel is really nice inside and the staff was useful.

Great hostel, not hard to find from the square and the location is nice and safe. Hostel is not too crowded or load, so you can have some proper rest.

Layla Rouge is a vibrant and centrally located Riad with a really nice terrace and a even better breakfast! Jalil the manager is great but Hasan is even better! They both add a Wonderful element to the Riad with their friendly behaviour and will share a lot about Moroccan culture if you chat with them. Overall we had a wonderful stay in Marrakech :) Thank you Jalil and Hasan for the great hospitality !

Excellent view on the rooftop, very clean and tidy rooms, beautiful lounge, delicious breakfast. Tea & cakes 24/7 available and tea is freshly prepared, Wifi. The best thing in the hostel ist he staff Hassan, Jelal and Eman, very friendly and know everything about Marrakech and always ready to help. Riad is very oriental, looks beautiful. Dinner in Café Rouge (around the corner) ist he best and very very delicious.

Beautiful raid close to Jemaa El Fnaa. Loved the colourful walls and terrace to relax. Good breakfast provided. Helpful staff who would give practical tips. They are able to book trips to the desert as well as day trips to nearby places for a good price. Thank you for making my stay so pleasant! :)