Riad Layla Rouge Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Rokni, 23, Marrakech, Morocco

I had a great experience staying at the Riad Layla Rouge, the staff is incredibly helpful and the hospitality was great! The atmosphere is really good , and you can get an astonishing view of the sunset from the roof top! The rooms were perfect clean, the breakfast was plentiful and you can get a real taste of the Moroccan breakfast tradition! The hostel is located at the heart of the Medina, really close to the Jamaa El Fna which is a perfect reference point to locate yourself at the Medina.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Ahmed is a gem. A great manager.

We had a great stay at Riad Layla Rouge, the staff were very helpful and had some really good recommendations for eating and activities. Room was well appointed, air conditioned, good access to the internet. We would definitely stay again.

Riad Layla Rouge was one of the reasons why we could feel like home in Marrakech! All of them are kind people and try their best for you to enjoy the trip. In addition, we met friendly people in there with who we hanged out! The place is tastefully decorated, with all the typical Moroccan lamps and colors! I truly recommend it 'cause it's only a couple of minuts far from Jemaa el-Fnaa square!

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Spain

Layla Rouge is a fantastic hostel! My girlfriend and I stayed here for four nights. They've put us in amazing, clean rooms and helped us for our trip to the sahara, shopping, and absolutely anything that we might need. Breakfast is always great with a wide selection of food and drink. Abdel, the man who runs Layla is awesome and is incredibly helpful whenever we needed help with anything! It is only a few minutes from the main square so the location couldn't be better. Definitely recommend.

The hostel looks superficially very clean and is in fact cleaned often but stray cats roam freely at night and me and others in the dorm had flee-bites on uncovered parts of skin. First it could have been an allergy as well but then very clearly showed up only on exposed parts of my skin. Abdel the manager is very helpful and really doing a lot to make his guests feel welcome though.

My husband told me he could have lived in the room we stayed in. We stayed in the room on the top floor and we could have stayed there for many more days!! The location was perfect. Very close to the square. The roof top terrace was awesome, we spent the night up there meeting other travelers. We were extremely comfortable here and would recommend it for any other traveler. I do not have a single bad thing to say. Book it!!

Easily the best hostel I've every stopped at. Great location, very comfortable and a good view from the roof top. The manager can't help enough and gave us lot of tips on things to do while we were there, the trips to the desert are recommended. The breakfast that you get is very good, much better than any other hostel.

• 28th Mar 2014

just got back from the mountains and Abdel remembered me!!! Stayed here 4 nights ago and it was my first option when I got here an hour ago. The hostel has excellent breakfast with turtles running around and the roof top is amazing. -also good for sun bathing! This is my first review on hostel world and I highly recommend it for travellers. You should probably book in advance because it' is always full of cool people and so far the best hostel in Marrakech. Oliver

The breakfast was amazing. The roof terrace has got the nicest view over Marrakesh / we stayed a couple nights and enjoyed the time immensely. It was all clean, warm shower (!!!!!!) and comfy beds. ABDEL was super nice and helpful, so that in a whole I would 100% recommend staying at this hostel :)

• 23rd Mar 2014

Nice and cozy place! In the middle of the center ... Excellent breakfast with fresh orange juice and lots of friendly staff around. Place is daily cleaned and all service you need is provided ;) Highly recommended.

The atmosphere was great, the staff very friendly, the breakfast very good and the location great. Just two remarks :1) one for cleanliness as I woke up to find a cat sleeping at my feet, personally I found it funny but maybe a person allergic to cats wouldn't have the same opinion. 2) try to avoid the food stands recommended by the manager on the main square of Marrakech because 130 MAD for 1 person is not "a good price" as promised!!

Dear, Thanks for your review. In the medina, as you know, roof terraces are open. Aside from electrical fencing and barbed wire (which would be horribly wrong and cruel) it is impossible to stop the odd lovely feline from entering! The food stands normally cost around 30-60 MAD to eat at. You definitely paid too much - but this is far from the responsibility of the manager. Best wishes for your future travels!

If you are after a laid back, friendly, clean, helpful hostel in a fantastic location then you must stay at Riad Layla Rouge! The staff are simply wonderful and will do anything for you...from booking tours to making you tea whenever you want. Nothing is too much trouble! They even let us print off our boarding passes when we were no longer guests at the hostel! It is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in- and I have stayed in a lot!! Go on- book yourself in here!

Amazing hostel. Abdul is incredibly nice and helpful. Rooms and bathrooms are clean and they provide clean sheets and towels. Rooftop terrace is amazing and the included breakfast is unparalleled. Location is perfect and close to main square. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. I recommend this place to everyone traveling to Marrakech!

Was a really nice stay at this hostel! They always take care of use, even when it was booked out they look for a other accommodation for us. Thanks a lot, we will come back for sure

• 18th Mar 2014
  • thomaso

Very nice place to hangout on the rooftop and enjoy an incredible view over marrakech!

• 17th Mar 2014

Beautiful hostel, very conveniently located, helpful staff, very good breakfast

Abdel makes Layla Rouge the best hostel. He makes everyone feel welcome and ensures everyone has a great time in Morocco. The terrace has an amazing view of the city and cleanliness is excellent. The hostel also carters more to the more mature backpacker crowd.

• 15th Mar 2014

Great location, helpful staff and great place to meet other travellers. We stayed in a private room that was lovely and had own locker for valuables. The toilet in the room does not have a door or curtain so if that would bother you it's something to bear in mind. Would definitely stay hear again!

Me and my sister LOVED our stay at Layla Rouge. Aida, Abdel and his brother, along with the other Layla Rouge staff, were very hospitable and made us feel at home immediately upon arrival. We felt like w weere staying with friends we had known for years! This hostal was a goldmine in finding lifelong friends, safe and clean sleeping rooms, and a good time. I highly recommend staying here!!! We'll definitely be back! Thanks Aida and Abdel!!!!!!! :)

• 15th Mar 2014