Riad Layla Rouge Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Rokni, 23, Marrakech, Morocco

Great hostel and great location (although we were at Janah Rouge, not Layla Rouge). It was a 5 minute walk from the main square and souks. The staff were so helpful and accommodating. They served us mint tea and cookies whenever we asked for it (for free). The hostel was clean, safe, and provided a gorgeous rooftop lounge to smoke shisha. Some of our friends even slept up there one night. Little difficult to find, but they will come meet you. Overall AMAZING place! Highly recommend it!

We really liked the place decoration and terrace. The service was great, always helpful and talkative. Location is very central near all the shops but not in a crowded place. Breakfast was good and they received us with some Moroccans sweets that were great. Bathroom inside the room was very big and comfortable, with hot water. I definitely would stay there again.

I originally booked for Layla Rouge, But was taken to stay at "the annex" Jennah Rouge couple of minutes walk away (but you can always pop into Layla if your passing & enjoy the terrace). Jennah is a similar feel (& colourful decor) with a beautiful roof terrace, except has high walls, so no panoramic view of the Medina. The staff are incredibly friendly, welcoming & helpful - they even packed me dinner to take on the night train! Good wifi connection, hot showers & comfy bunks. I recommend

I loved staying here!! The staff is wonderful. It's in the perfect location, close to the square and all the sights, but it's in a quiet area. I was traveling alone and I felt safe here. All of the other travelers were super respectful and fun. The shower isn't the best and we had to share one shower with eight or so people, but other than that it was perfect. Thank you so much Siad and Joad!!

Stayed at Layla Rouge on and off during my 10 days in Morocco. The staff are welcoming, kind and super helpful and the hostel itself is such a nice sanctuary just around the corner from the insanity of the square the the souqs. Definitely would stay again and recommend it to friends!

Nice hostel close to the action of Marrakech. The breakfast was lots of breads and dough- not my ideal breakfast, however we were served a free moroccan dinner one night! The bathroom situation for the mixed dorm room is less than ideal, as there's only one for 8+ guests. Overall, a good experience.

The guys at the hostel were very welcoming and they made you feel at home. The Riad served as a beautiful alternative to the crazyness that Marrakech sometimes offers. Solid Wi-Fi and a hot shower, great stuff! The terrace overlooking the city is great as well. Thanks!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Lovely hostel, clean, tucked away in a quiet place in the middle of the medina, super friendly and helpful staff who helps you get around the Marrakech craziness (advising you on the "right price", giving you bargaining tips, taking you to a good hammam place etc.) I really enjoyed my stay and can't think of anything I disliked! In terms of hostel, that's about as good as it gets!

• 11th Apr 2015

Great hostel if you are coming for the Moroccan experience they do a Breaky also- i did stay at another hostel prior to-Equity place which has better sunbathing facilities and an onsite restaurant/bar, pool so I had something to compare it to. My only concern was that my whole room departed and the sheets weren't cleaned for the newbies! But bathroom was clean and towels appeared clean. Also there is a group of men in a spice shop Enroute that are so awful Its quite intimidating for lone gals!

This was the first hostel ive ever stayed in and it was amazing! It is located near the souks/ square, the staff there are great people and make you feel so welcome. The hostel itself is great to look at and has a nice terrace on the toof top so you can catch some sun. The staff make this hostel i would say, Sayd is one of the funniest,chilled out, helpful people you will meet in Marrakech. They help you with everything! 100% recommend this hostel 👍

• 7th Apr 2015

I booked twlo nights for two people at layla rouge. Unfortunately because I booked it so long ago iforgot i got the hostel for two nights. When I got the confirmation email it said it was booked just for me for two nights so I had the friend get a second night for us. I tried to explain this simple mix up, asking to cancel the second night but they refused. also they got the bed count wrong and transfered us , on top of that they gave us beds that were already being used... awkward

• 4th Apr 2015

The staff at the hostel are great, they treat you like home and they help you with anything you need. 100% recommended.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Spain

I was only here for one night at th end of my holidays in Morocco, but I would definitely come back. The location is amazing, it's one of the most beautiful hostels I've ever stayed in and the staff is more than helpful. Breakfast is also included and super delicious!!

Best hostel I've been in a long time. Excellent location, great staff, great atmosphere, perfect in every sense. Could NOT be better. Thanks guys for everything you did to help me. Next time in Morroco, Layla Rouge is gonna be my home again.

Very helpful and friendly staff, excellent terrace with beautiful interior. Plenty of blankers and a very comfortable bed. Would book again.

We had an excellent stay at Riad Layla Rouge. The riad is perfectly located close to the markets and the facilities were great, I personally loved the roof top terrace! The staff were amazing, going above and beyond to make sure we had a pleasant stay. They even put on a dinner for us one night which was so kind of them. Overall the riad had a very relaxing and welcoming vibe. We would not hesitate to stay at layla rouge when we visit beautiful Marrakech again. Thanks

The staff are really lovely and excellent. Ask Said for a game of Rumikub.

Great hostel with the nicest employees!! Tricky to find so I would suggest getting picked up at the main gate rather than trying to find it yourself. Very close to all the main action.

Relaxing atmosphere with excellent service by Sayd and Jawad. Sayd helped me book great excursions to the desert and Eussaouira. Highly recommended. Would definitely come back next time in Marrakesh!!

The chain of Rouge hostels in Marrakech are the perfect antidote to a city full of crazy hustle. The staff continually go out of their way to make you feel happy and comfortable. Personally I'd recommend booking all tours and accommodation through them.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4