Riad Layla Rouge Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Rokni, 23, Marrakech, Morocco

We had a great stay at this riad! The cooking class was very fun and exciting and we were able to make the best tagine we had in Marrakech! The staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and spacious. We look forward to our next visit to Marrakech!

• 19th Jul 2014

We were absolutely blown away at the friendliness and homely atmosphere at Layla Rouge. We were made to feel like part of the family and were given great ideas on where to go to eat and see the local sights. We would thoroughly recommend the hostel to everyone. Big thanks to Abs (Abdel) for playing the perfect host!

• 7th Jul 2014

Very helpful and accommodating people who care about their guests having a good experience. They give a great orientation to the city when you arrive and serve an excellent breakfast. Very friendly environment which makes it easy for you to meet others if you want to. Always had an outlet available to charge my electronics and they let me store my luggage while i was out on my excursions.

VERY dangerous at night, during the day it's ok, just a few steps from the main square. Staff wasn't able to speak English properly and would even give wrong information sometimes, the atmosphere was very good and the view from the roof top was stunning. If you don't like cats, never stay here, I wasn't really feeling good with a cat jumping from side to side while I had breakfast. It was a little disgusting. Very cheap! Not enough out let plugs in the rooms.

Firstly, to attend to the potential concerns of future guests: our day staff are able to speak English fluently. The medina is ancient, and so are the houses in it (including the hostel). There are cats in the medina. From a Darwinian perspective this is a good thing. Sometimes they roam on the terrace (not inside) but we've never seen a dancing one as you describe. There are outlets in the rooms though you may be disappointed if you bring your entire home office and electric beauty products.

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Layla Rouge for 4 nights and had the best time!! Abdel was super friendly and accomodating which made our stay feel like we were very welcomed! Any questions we had he answered straight away and was always there if we needed something. The staff were super friendly and made us tea and cake which is delicious! We also went on a 3 day tour to the Sahara Desert through the hostel which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you do because it's an experience I will never forget

• 30th Jun 2014

We arrived at this hostel only intending to stay one night; however, we loved it so much that we came back! The hostel is lively and the perfect place for solo travellers and travelling couples. The facilities are excellent,and you have everything you need. The best feature of the hostel is the rooftop terrace which allows you to see the sun set behind the mesmerising Atlas mountains in the evening. The owner of the hostel Abdel is warm and welcoming, and is sure to make your stay enjoyable.

• 29th Jun 2014

Abdel was amazing and so so so helpful ! He assisted with everything we needed, including train tickets to our next city, restaurant recommendations and things to do. STAY HERE IN MARRAKECH !!! P.s. Kristely

Main issues were bed bugs, coach roaches and missing items. Otherwise great views and location

Great hosts, very clean, staff friendly and available, great breakfast, all good, I recommand that place!!!!

You have bed bugs.. Must find a way to get rid of it.

A great "hostel" (in fact its more like a hotel). perfect location, clean rooms, hot shower, friendly staff an the best breakfast i ever had in a hostel. Beautiful rooms and terrace with turtles. RECOMMANDED! thanx abdel and hanane Grossartiges Hostel (eigentlich fast eher wie ein Hotel). Perfekte Lage, saubere Zimmer, warm Wasser, Personal super freundlich und das beste Fruehstueck das ich jeh in einem Hostel hatte! Wunderschoene Zimmer und Terasse mit Schildkroeten. Empfehlenswert!

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

This hostel is amazing!! Only intended to stay 3 nights but ended up staying 5 using it as a base between trips to other parts of the country. Abdel is fantastic: couldn't do enough to make you feel welcome. Dorm room was cleaned daily. The roof terrace is amazing, complete with tortoises: great place to hang out and meet fellow travellers!

The hostel is very good! The staff make you feel like home. They are very friendly and help you organise everything. We also booked a two day sahara excursion within the hostel and it was fantastic. They also have a terrace on top where you can relax and have a cup of tea.

We totally loved this hostel/riad. It had a spectacular terrace and a great vibe all around. Met so many great people and had a great time start to finish. It was easy to find if you follow the comprehensive directions given, and in a great location. Some fruit at breakfast would be my only recommendation. Mohammed and Abdel are great. Stay here and you won't regret it!

My stay at Layla Rouge was absolutely fantastic- thank you to the wonderful staff- especially Aida, Mohammed and Abdel who managed to make this an amazing stay for me and a home to come back to in Marrakesh! The roof top terrace is fantastic and the Sahara trip I booked through the hostel was memorable as well. I hope to come back here soon!

• 5th Jun 2014

Fantastic place and hospitality. Staff is very nice and breakfast was very good.

I have stayed in lots of hostels, and this is the best. It's the first time I've given 100% as the score! I couldn't give anything less because this place is great. The Riad is beautifully decorated, looks amazing, and is a lovely place to come back to after a hectic day in the Souks of Marrakech. Abdel, Aida and all the staff were really lovely, helpful & so friendly. The meal they cooked for us on the Saturday night was fantastic! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Marrakech. Thanks guys!

I had a great stay in Layla Rouge! I have never seen such a helpful and kind staff in my life, I could count on them for everything I needed! The atmosphere of the hostel os great and it has a beautiful view for the city in the terrasse!

Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Abdel and all the staff were just amazing and helped us with all our request. The atmosphere is cozy and the colorful rooftop terrace is perfect to chill out at sunset. The hostel is located 3 minutes walk from Djemaa El Fnaa in a little alley, but it's easy to find if you follow the directions provided. I totally recommend to book with them the Zagora trip, plus the cooking class and the classic 100 dirham hammam. Chokran bzaf Layla Rouge & Morocco!

Very nice place. Highly recommended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5