Riad Layla Rouge Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Rokni, 23, Marrakech, Morocco

A great place to stay. I took three of my children (16,14 &13) on my own. So security and relative comfort was important. The 8 person room had air con which made for happy teenagers. The staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful making us all very welcome. They also had one of the better deals on the excursions available. Highly recommended. Alec

Really cute Riad with winding steps to rooftop terraces, turtles and kitties wandering around to greet you, and nice staff who can help you or show you anything in town. Redwan at the riad helped show us around and gave us free tea and cookies and even let us stay a little past checkout so we can wait for our flight to leave. Good location, walking distance from Jemaa al Fna and tons of shopping. Strong air conditioner and a big free breakfast. I recommend the 50 dh dinner at the cafe, so good.

I ended up being put in the Jennah Rouge (owned by the same company) due to a bed shortage, so my review actually applies to that hostel. Comfy beds, AC, rooms were serviced every day, breakfast was included, there was plenty of mint tea, the staff were talkative and friendly and provided lots of advice for things to see and do. There was also a terrace with turtles! Fantastic introduction to Morocco, thankyou very much!

Wonderful! Staff was very kind, helpful, and accommodating. The dorm was clean and cool (A/C was fantastic!). The bathroom was clean and well kept. Breakfast was good. Though the hostel was only a five minute walk from Jama'a el Fna, it was just far enough into the medina that it managed to be quiet at night. If I'm in Marrakech again, I'll definitely stay here.

• 1st Aug 2015

Everything worked, helpful staff. No lock on room door, have to trust other folks staying at the riad.

Very friendly and helpful staff! Small but very cosy and beautiful inside! Location is just a few minutes walk from Jemaa-el Fnaa, perfect!

I stayed here in a dorm for 3 nights and only have praise. The staff was extremely friendly and genuine and always willing to help. The hostel was pretty small but very comfortable and had great location in the old town without being loud at all. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Marrakech.

Transfer from the airport wasn't there and had to wait 15mins after phoning! First night a man walked into the bedroom twice, who was a local and not a guest, so got very little sleep. The breakfast the first morning was fantastic but got less each day, by day 3 just a cold pancake. Staff very friendly but not dependable, my tour was not booked and my arrangements for departure didn't happen. I got up early just to hang around and then find my own way. No hot water any day.

Dear Jo, It was lovely to meet you. We spent about 2 hours helping you to plan your trip and book your excursions. Your breakfast, large and full each day is served in the cafe, free of charge and no, it did not decrease in size. Staff ferried you around on their own motorbikes to bus stations to purchase tickets. They were in fact,dependable - at all times. Our guests are from all over the world - and skin colour does not determine whether someone is a guest or a 'local' as you put it.

Lovely, homey hostel run by wonderful people. Very clean, staff always available and the constant offering of tea and cookies was so sweet. There's a reason this hostel was ranked top 3 hostels in Africa and the middle east! It's awesome! My only regret is booking our excursions through different company - layla rouge puts them on at good prices. Loved this place!

We spent a really nice time at this Riad in Marrakesh. We really thank the staff for their kindness and patience.

• 20th Jul 2015

A beautiful building and a 5 minute walk from the main square - perfect location! Very clean and comfortable, the rooms are beautifully decorated, and very spacious. The wifi works really well on the first two floors, then drops out above that, but I think that's common in a lot of Marrakesh buildings. The staff were super warm and welcoming, and really really helpful. I did their day trip to Essaouira through the hostel, which was great. Great place to meet people!

A pretty good hostel! Shame that our room didn't have a fan, aircon or a window. This seemed to make our trip a bit exhausting. But overall a great place to stay.

Loved this hostel!!! It's in a great location, the staff are fantastic and you can have CAKE anytime! What's not to love?

Amazing service, we never went hungry and the rooms were clean and lovely! Thank you for an amazing few days in Marrakech!

Absolutely wonderful riad. Hands down the best hostel I've ever visited.

An excellent hostel with very firendly staff in a great location. Will definently stay here again when I make my return visit!!

• 19th Jun 2015

The hostel staff had a clear commitment to cleanliness and hospitality. They created an atmosphere that facilitated interaction and ease between the different guests. I loved the tea offered to us, the terraces, and our friends the turtles!

• 17th Jun 2015

I stayed at this hostel in June and could not have made a better choice. The location couldn't be beat and the hostel was well kept and beautiful with a great roof. The staff was beyond accommodating and easily booked me a last minute desert tour. The overnight guy even walked me to the square at 3am to get a cab for me. As a solo female traveler, I felt so safe here and made many, many friends :) Excellent breakfast and strong wifi signal too! I can't wait to come back!

• 13th Jun 2015

We stayed in Jennah Rouge rather than Layla Rouge but can honestly say it was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Staff were so helpful and friendly, picked us up from the taxi dropoff to be sure we weren't led astray, helped book and organise things for us. Hostel was immaculate and beautiful. Cannot recommend it enough, will definitely be returning.

The best hotel that i've stayed. Good shower, great bed and the staff are very helpful and kind. There is a rooftop with amazing energy and you can have a tea there, anytime you want and if you like, you can try shisha. Besides that, the breakfast is very delicious and good variety.

• 8th May 2015