Riad Layla Rouge Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Rokni, 23, Marrakech, Morocco

My stay at Layla Rouge was absolutely fantastic- thank you to the wonderful staff- especially Aida, Mohammed and Abdel who managed to make this an amazing stay for me and a home to come back to in Marrakesh! The roof top terrace is fantastic and the Sahara trip I booked through the hostel was memorable as well. I hope to come back here soon!

• 5th Jun 2014

Fantastic place and hospitality. Staff is very nice and breakfast was very good.

I have stayed in lots of hostels, and this is the best. It's the first time I've given 100% as the score! I couldn't give anything less because this place is great. The Riad is beautifully decorated, looks amazing, and is a lovely place to come back to after a hectic day in the Souks of Marrakech. Abdel, Aida and all the staff were really lovely, helpful & so friendly. The meal they cooked for us on the Saturday night was fantastic! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Marrakech. Thanks guys!

I had a great stay in Layla Rouge! I have never seen such a helpful and kind staff in my life, I could count on them for everything I needed! The atmosphere of the hostel os great and it has a beautiful view for the city in the terrasse!

Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Abdel and all the staff were just amazing and helped us with all our request. The atmosphere is cozy and the colorful rooftop terrace is perfect to chill out at sunset. The hostel is located 3 minutes walk from Djemaa El Fnaa in a little alley, but it's easy to find if you follow the directions provided. I totally recommend to book with them the Zagora trip, plus the cooking class and the classic 100 dirham hammam. Chokran bzaf Layla Rouge & Morocco!

Very nice place. Highly recommended!

I had a great time at Layla Rouge. The Riad is located in the center of the Medina just a few minutes walk to the Jemaa al Fna from where you can start to discover Marrakech. They have two different terraces on the roof where you can relax and enjoy a nice view. Everything is very clean and well organised. The staff is always very friendly, helps to organise excursions and tells where to go to find the best places for food, shopping and even public hamam. Thank you Abdel for a great time.

It was a really nice stay. the owner (abdel) is so helpful and the hostel is charming! I will highly recommand this hostel. Don't hesitate. Greetings!!! Nathalie

One of the more pricey of the hostels in Marrakech, it is definitely worth the extra for the piece and quiet you receive. I was completely wowed when I arrived, and would definitely stay again. The staff are so helpful (Abdel and Mohammed are always smiling), the place is really clean, the breakfast looked really good (I couldn't enjoy it because I can't eat gluten), it is beautifully decorated, the trips are really cheap, and everyone that stayed there while I was there were really chilled out.

Probably the best hostel I have been to! I spent 5 nights there and I had a great time. It is easy to find if you watch the video, and the staff will take really good care of you. The dorm was very clean, with a big clean bathroom and the Wi-Fi worked perfectly. I also took the cooking class, which was real fun, and I booked my Sahara trip with them. The atmosphere is relaxed, and the terrace is unbelievable, really beautiful!

Beautifully decorated hostel w very helpful staff. Met nice people. Nothing to complain

We had a great stay at Layla Rouge! Abdel was always very helpful with everything! The hostel is nicely decorated and has a very nice terrace, where we could enjoy the sunset, read and relax. Thanks for all!!!

I had a great stay at Layla Rouge, great location, super friendly hosts and very helpful with organising my onward journey and other excursions! Definitely recommend

• 5th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for accommodating our request for extra day! Great place however there was an obvious problem with the drains and water not going down in the shower and the sink and the smell usually associated with it. I also didn't quite like the cleaning process in the morning with the hose, where all the cigarette butts were washed under our door into our bedroom. I'm sure both can be easily fixed.

- Very good and nice staff. They explained us everything we should know before Sahara excursion. It's good for us to prepare ourselves. - Always feedback us when we asked via e-mail. It make us confident our plan although it's a first time in Morocco.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Thailand
  • All Female Group, 41+

Lovely place to stay, quiet yet right in the heart of the action. Easy to arrange onward travel and excursions if you wish. Nice balcony to relax on with tortoises

As soon as we walked into this cozy and well-decorated hostel, we were treated to Moroccan mint tea and sweets. The manager treats you like family- not just a client. He is accommodating, helpful, and loves his job. The rooms, beds, and bathrooms are extremely clean. Breakfast is delicious. The hostel has a great roof-top furnished with couches, tables, pillows, and free-roaming turtles! Due to the welcoming and comfortable atmosphere at the Layla Rouge we were able to make friends and see the Medina

• 30th Apr 2014

We loved our stay here. The staff were always around to help with a smile, and they created a great atmosphere in the hostel. We stayed in a private room, but actually it felt more like an expensive hotel. Overall, we were so happy with our experience here and would definitely recommend it for others looking for a friendly hostel.

Quite possibly the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Anything we asked of the staff and Abdel was not a problem, from cooking courses to buying rugs and airport transfers. In a city where it can easily feel like people are trying to take advantage of you, Riad Layla Rouge definitely shows how lovely Morocco and it's people can be. You won't be disappointed.

I pass a very good time in this place, with Abdel the manager and his staff. They are all the time ready to give a help, a special thanks to Aida and Hanane for the quality of the service,and to Mohamed for the best breakfast. Also the hostel is very clean and the room is confortable, good location very near to the square Jamaa lafnaa. Pierre .