Riad Layla Rouge Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Rokni, 23, Marrakech, Morocco

The chain of Rouge hostels in Marrakech are the perfect antidote to a city full of crazy hustle. The staff continually go out of their way to make you feel happy and comfortable. Personally I'd recommend booking all tours and accommodation through them.

Amazing hostel! The staff were so kind and lovely and informative and the mint tea was outstanding! I would never stay anywhere else in Marrakech. The roof terrace was sensational. I wish I had more superlatives. Breakfast was fab and everything was lovely and clean and cozy.

• 6th Mar 2015

I was transferred from Layla rouge to a new riad, Jennah Rouge, owned by the same people. I was met at the airport by a man who drove me to a street near by where a person from Jennah Rouge was waiting to show me the way. It is tucked away so it's quiet. I was given mint tea and cookies upon arrival

It was the first time we were traveling to Morocco and Marrakech seemed very hectic to us. But coming back from the streets of the Medina (where there is always something to see) Layla Rouge seems like a breath of fresh air. Excellent location in the middle of everything but so nice and quiet. Staff very nice and helpful, they made us feel at home. Delicious breakfast that we chose to serve on the terrace enjoying the Moroccan heat.

I've never felt more welcome and comfortable. The staff are extremely hospitable. The riad itself is beautiful. It was such a lovely place that we didn't even leave the riad on the last day, so we could enjoy it fully.

• 28th Feb 2015

Said and the whole team are absoluteky amazing, i can only recommend this little beautiful riad!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Layla Rouge was the best possible base from which to get to know Marrakech for an unexperienced Morocco traveller like me. Since the reservation process through my arrival til the end of my staying, the staff, were attentive and kind. The Riad is very cosy, the beds comfortable, the whole place clean. The breakfast is simple, but it was fine with me - even more so as the (pan)cakes are all baked in the house. Superbe roof terrace on two floors too. It is even situated very well in the city. Yay!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Such a nice place to stay. Ebrahim, one of the guys that works there was excellent. He showed me around the square and made sure i knew how to get back to the hostel as it can be quiet tricky to find. All the other staff there are just as good. Always willing to help out. Good place to meet people as well as they have a great common area !. Definitely recommend travellers to stay here !!

• 25th Feb 2015

Really enjoyed my stay at the Riad Layla Rouge! Friendly and help staff, great facilities, and located right in the Medina- not too far from Jemma El-Fna. Would definitely stay here again!

The staff were amazing. Free tea. Everything was great. Such a good place.

• 25th Feb 2015

Very helpful staff, great rooftop terrace, free mint tea whenever you want :)

Was a very nice time, 5 min walk from the central square and less to the little shop and Marrakesh life. The best for me...the views from the roof, perfecto for drink a tee o smoke shisha during the sunsent. Bad point? maybe that is only one shower for share (with hot water) room and 2 toilets, but only take a breath and relax, you are in holidays and not in Europe if you dont like dont go out :)

In terms of value for money I doubt Layla Rouge could be beaten. The Riad is clean and beautifully decorated and the roof area is lovely. You can see out across the rooftops of the city and on a clear day see the Atlas mountains in the distance, at night it is lit up by a variety of coloured lanterns. The staff are extremely friendly and will ply you with mint tea and cake. They also taught me how to play Rummikub. I would definitely stay here again if I go back to Marrakech.

• 21st Feb 2015

We were transferred upon arrival to Riad Jennah Rouge (http://www.french.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Riad-Jennah-Rouge/Marrakech/90688) , just around the corner, where Ali, Aida and Mohammed welcomed us. Jennah Rouge has spacy rooms, great breakfast, colorful deco and staff that will make you feel at home. We were served mint tea every afternoon when we came back, and they even once cooked dinner for the whole hostel! Very good choice for spending a week in Marrakech.

Brilliant place, staff are friendly and always willing to help. Hard to find, but that adds to the charm.

The riad was nice, wisely hidden in the labyrinth of alleys in the Marrakech medina. There are several riads from the same group around the medina, quite equivalent for the tourists and all very nice and tidy.

• 16th Feb 2015

Great place, awesome staff. Made you feel very welcome and offered lots of delicious mint tea.

• 13th Feb 2015

We all went in not knowing what to expect because none of us had been to Marrakech before, but we were all pleasantly surprised at the hospitality and care provided by the staff at Riad Jennah Rouge. We could not have been more happy with this hostel. The hostel itself was gorgeous, and the staff truly cared about us. I would go back in a heartbeat.

We had a great time in Marrakech!!! The staff at Riad Layla Rouge were very nice, helpful and generous with us. We had a huge breakfast every day, maybe they could have added fruit to make it perfect.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Brilliant hostel. The guys who run the hostel are amazing. One of the best hostels at which I have stayed.