Riad Layla Rouge Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Rokni, 23, Marrakech, Morocco

It was a really nice stay. the owner (abdel) is so helpful and the hostel is charming! I will highly recommand this hostel. Don't hesitate. Greetings!!! Nathalie

One of the more pricey of the hostels in Marrakech, it is definitely worth the extra for the piece and quiet you receive. I was completely wowed when I arrived, and would definitely stay again. The staff are so helpful (Abdel and Mohammed are always smiling), the place is really clean, the breakfast looked really good (I couldn't enjoy it because I can't eat gluten), it is beautifully decorated, the trips are really cheap, and everyone that stayed there while I was there were really chilled out.

Probably the best hostel I have been to! I spent 5 nights there and I had a great time. It is easy to find if you watch the video, and the staff will take really good care of you. The dorm was very clean, with a big clean bathroom and the Wi-Fi worked perfectly. I also took the cooking class, which was real fun, and I booked my Sahara trip with them. The atmosphere is relaxed, and the terrace is unbelievable, really beautiful!

Beautifully decorated hostel w very helpful staff. Met nice people. Nothing to complain

We had a great stay at Layla Rouge! Abdel was always very helpful with everything! The hostel is nicely decorated and has a very nice terrace, where we could enjoy the sunset, read and relax. Thanks for all!!!

I had a great stay at Layla Rouge, great location, super friendly hosts and very helpful with organising my onward journey and other excursions! Definitely recommend

Thanks for accommodating our request for extra day! Great place however there was an obvious problem with the drains and water not going down in the shower and the sink and the smell usually associated with it. I also didn't quite like the cleaning process in the morning with the hose, where all the cigarette butts were washed under our door into our bedroom. I'm sure both can be easily fixed.

- Very good and nice staff. They explained us everything we should know before Sahara excursion. It's good for us to prepare ourselves. - Always feedback us when we asked via e-mail. It make us confident our plan although it's a first time in Morocco.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Thailand
  • All Female Group, 41+

Lovely place to stay, quiet yet right in the heart of the action. Easy to arrange onward travel and excursions if you wish. Nice balcony to relax on with tortoises

As soon as we walked into this cozy and well-decorated hostel, we were treated to Moroccan mint tea and sweets. The manager treats you like family- not just a client. He is accommodating, helpful, and loves his job. The rooms, beds, and bathrooms are extremely clean. Breakfast is delicious. The hostel has a great roof-top furnished with couches, tables, pillows, and free-roaming turtles! Due to the welcoming and comfortable atmosphere at the Layla Rouge we were able to make friends and see the Medina

• 30th Apr 2014

We loved our stay here. The staff were always around to help with a smile, and they created a great atmosphere in the hostel. We stayed in a private room, but actually it felt more like an expensive hotel. Overall, we were so happy with our experience here and would definitely recommend it for others looking for a friendly hostel.

Quite possibly the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Anything we asked of the staff and Abdel was not a problem, from cooking courses to buying rugs and airport transfers. In a city where it can easily feel like people are trying to take advantage of you, Riad Layla Rouge definitely shows how lovely Morocco and it's people can be. You won't be disappointed.

I pass a very good time in this place, with Abdel the manager and his staff. They are all the time ready to give a help, a special thanks to Aida and Hanane for the quality of the service,and to Mohamed for the best breakfast. Also the hostel is very clean and the room is confortable, good location very near to the square Jamaa lafnaa. Pierre .

Really friendly and solicitous staff, hostel well located, clean and organised. Definitely recommend it!

• 18th Apr 2014

Excellent place to stay!!!!!! Perfect location close to everything but with a quite rooftop terrace to escape the insanity of the city! Abdel was a perfect host, willing to provide everything we could possibly need, and always with a smile. They were able to accomodate every single one of our requests so we wouldnt hesitate to stay again!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A+ 10/10

Recommend this to anyone staying in Marrakesh, right in the middle of the action and the host go out of their way to do anything for you. Breakfasts lived up to the expectations set by previous reviews and the cooking class is excellent. I recommend making the Pastilla pie. This hostel ensured our stay was incredible.

Staying at Riad Layla Rouge with Abdel and his staff was an absolutely wonderful experience. The Riad itself is beautiful, decorated with Moroccan crafts, and bright splashes of colour everywhere that make the whole place sparkle (we were calling it home after three hours). Abdel is a sweetheart, and made sure we always felt safe, comfortable and looked after, beyond anything we could have expected. Truly the bright spot of our trip, I wish I could live there all the time!

I was very apprehensive to be traveling alone for the first time in Marrakech, but Riad Layla Rouge made me feel safe and secure. I absolutely loved my time here and will definitely be staying here on my next trip! Everyone at the hostel made me feel like family :) 100% RECOMMENDED

• 11th Apr 2014

Fantastic place, so glad we stayed with you!

We loved the decoration of the place and the host was very welcoming.

• 9th Apr 2014