Riad Layla Rouge Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Rokni, 23, Marrakech, Morocco

I had a great stay at Layla Rouge, great location, super friendly hosts and very helpful with organising my onward journey and other excursions! Definitely recommend

Thanks for accommodating our request for extra day! Great place however there was an obvious problem with the drains and water not going down in the shower and the sink and the smell usually associated with it. I also didn't quite like the cleaning process in the morning with the hose, where all the cigarette butts were washed under our door into our bedroom. I'm sure both can be easily fixed.

- Very good and nice staff. They explained us everything we should know before Sahara excursion. It's good for us to prepare ourselves. - Always feedback us when we asked via e-mail. It make us confident our plan although it's a first time in Morocco.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Thailand
  • All Female Group, 41+

Lovely place to stay, quiet yet right in the heart of the action. Easy to arrange onward travel and excursions if you wish. Nice balcony to relax on with tortoises

As soon as we walked into this cozy and well-decorated hostel, we were treated to Moroccan mint tea and sweets. The manager treats you like family- not just a client. He is accommodating, helpful, and loves his job. The rooms, beds, and bathrooms are extremely clean. Breakfast is delicious. The hostel has a great roof-top furnished with couches, tables, pillows, and free-roaming turtles! Due to the welcoming and comfortable atmosphere at the Layla Rouge we were able to make friends and see the Medina

• 30th Apr 2014

We loved our stay here. The staff were always around to help with a smile, and they created a great atmosphere in the hostel. We stayed in a private room, but actually it felt more like an expensive hotel. Overall, we were so happy with our experience here and would definitely recommend it for others looking for a friendly hostel.

Quite possibly the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Anything we asked of the staff and Abdel was not a problem, from cooking courses to buying rugs and airport transfers. In a city where it can easily feel like people are trying to take advantage of you, Riad Layla Rouge definitely shows how lovely Morocco and it's people can be. You won't be disappointed.

I pass a very good time in this place, with Abdel the manager and his staff. They are all the time ready to give a help, a special thanks to Aida and Hanane for the quality of the service,and to Mohamed for the best breakfast. Also the hostel is very clean and the room is confortable, good location very near to the square Jamaa lafnaa. Pierre .

Really friendly and solicitous staff, hostel well located, clean and organised. Definitely recommend it!

• 18th Apr 2014

Excellent place to stay!!!!!! Perfect location close to everything but with a quite rooftop terrace to escape the insanity of the city! Abdel was a perfect host, willing to provide everything we could possibly need, and always with a smile. They were able to accomodate every single one of our requests so we wouldnt hesitate to stay again!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A+ 10/10

Recommend this to anyone staying in Marrakesh, right in the middle of the action and the host go out of their way to do anything for you. Breakfasts lived up to the expectations set by previous reviews and the cooking class is excellent. I recommend making the Pastilla pie. This hostel ensured our stay was incredible.

Staying at Riad Layla Rouge with Abdel and his staff was an absolutely wonderful experience. The Riad itself is beautiful, decorated with Moroccan crafts, and bright splashes of colour everywhere that make the whole place sparkle (we were calling it home after three hours). Abdel is a sweetheart, and made sure we always felt safe, comfortable and looked after, beyond anything we could have expected. Truly the bright spot of our trip, I wish I could live there all the time!

I was very apprehensive to be traveling alone for the first time in Marrakech, but Riad Layla Rouge made me feel safe and secure. I absolutely loved my time here and will definitely be staying here on my next trip! Everyone at the hostel made me feel like family :) 100% RECOMMENDED

• 11th Apr 2014

Fantastic place, so glad we stayed with you!

We loved the decoration of the place and the host was very welcoming.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Best Hostel in Morrocco. The staff is great.

I had a great experience staying at the Riad Layla Rouge, the staff is incredibly helpful and the hospitality was great! The atmosphere is really good , and you can get an astonishing view of the sunset from the roof top! The rooms were perfect clean, the breakfast was plentiful and you can get a real taste of the Moroccan breakfast tradition! The hostel is located at the heart of the Medina, really close to the Jamaa El Fna which is a perfect reference point to locate yourself at the Medina.

Excellent breakfast, tourist information, excursions and overall help.. the owner went out of his way and came with me to a cybercafe to help me make photocopies of work I had brought on holiday with me - he certainly didnt have to do it, but I appreciated it massively! Gorgeously decorated hostel with a stunning terrace. It's a miust if you are in Marrakesh for a few nights!!

Ahmed is a gem. A great manager.

We had a great stay at Riad Layla Rouge, the staff were very helpful and had some really good recommendations for eating and activities. Room was well appointed, air conditioned, good access to the internet. We would definitely stay again.