Riad Les Deux Portes Reviews

105 Derb Moulay Abdelkader, Dabachi, Marrakech, Morocco

Beautiful stay, staff very helpful - helped me with directions, to deal with post office and with phone charger. Stayed in double deluxe room which was just what I needed after the desert. Hot water in plenty, nice terrace. No WiFi coverage upstairs. Would come back.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The riad has nice decor and is clean.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Although a solid room for the money in a nice building, getting to the hostel, especially after dark, is not an enjoyable experience. If you are with a woman, she will get hit on. Several people tried to sell me drugs. I have major anxiety and therefore, was a problem to me. Might not be for others, but I would feel reluctant sending a friend or a loved one down a shady alley to get to it. In a place flush with hostels and hotels, I would recommend staying somewhere a little more visible.

• 25th Feb 2015

Very well located, only 3 minutes walking from Jeema El Fna square. As it´s dificult to find the Riad the first time, it´s highly recommended to ask the Riad to arrange a taxi from the airport. The staff is very friendly, the room is realy nice and the breakfast is very good.

It was our second time at this place. Breakfasts are much better than one year ago :-) which made us really content. This time we choose cheaper room but it was still nice and quite comfortable, as well as bathroom. Two little minuses:first: burnt out light bulbs made our room to dark, second: internet should works at the terrace and in the rooms not only in lobby. Staff is very helpful and kind. You can ask them for everything . Thank you guys and see you soon!

We stayed here off-season and had an absolutely wonderful time. The staff looked after us so well and were on hand to help us with anything we needed. We had our meals made for us in the riad and never ate out because the food was delicious and inexpensive. Our room was spotless and had a comfortable bed, clean toilet and shower and a heater/air-con. I would definitely recommend that you stay here while visiting Marrakech!

• 26th Jan 2015

IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE ROOM AND HOTEL YOU ORIGINALLY BOOKED, DO NOT STAY HERE!!! We booked a 4 person suite at Riad Les Deux Portes. Apparently the hostel was overbooked, and we were brought to the "overflow" hostel. Every person here was upset because they had reserved and paid for other rooms in different hostels. We also arranged airport transportation through the hostel, and no one picked us up!! The overall experience was fine- thanks to Lofti. But I didn't get anything I reserved.

It was tricky to get to the hostel the first time and the location is quite dodgy but it's a great place to stay. Room and shower were big and comfortable. Will definitely recommend it and the staff is really nice and helpful.

A bit hard to find at first but a fantastic hostel!!

Riad Portes is nice and the rooms are clean. The staff is extremely lazy and will not aid you unless you pay them to do so. They do not accept credit card. Also do not allow them to take you to their overflow hostel without reducing their price. It is a complete dump. The price should be half or at least a 25% reduction. Prepare in the winter as the room were freezing.

I had a fantastic stay! Redouane and staff were so incredibly helpful and friendly. Redouane - really appreciate all of the help you provided, showing me how to cook tagine, helping me buy spices etc at the souks. Really went above and beyond what was expected, really appreciate your hospitality. Keep up the good work, and I'll definitely come back next time!

• 25th Nov 2014

This was a great hostel to stay at. It is an intimate environment, but that also meant that it was quiet at night, allowing for a good nights sleep. The location is convenient but a bit hidden, but the hostel does offer a taxi service from the airport which I would recommend taking in order to avoid being ripped off by other taxi services. The staff was very welcoming and accommodating and also provided very useful information about the surrounding areas.

Very friendly staff who went beyond the call of duty to make our stay as easy and stress free as possible

I loved this hostel, mainly because of the awesome staff and beautiful surroundings!!! He was an angel! Willing to go grab bottles of water/show us to our cab/make us about ten pots of delicious mint tea....I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever back! Only downside was walking through kind of a sketch alley to get there but other than that an awesome hostel

• 8th Nov 2014

A couple of things that you NEED to know before coming here: 1) if you have not been here before, it IS DIFFICULT TO LOCATE the first time you come. The HW map is wrong. 2) to get here, you need to pass through a few dark alleys filled with kids that are going to offer to help you find the place and then harass you for all the money they can shake out of you for the favor. Happened to every anglo guest while we were staying there. GET A MAP TO THE RIAD AND BRING IT WITH YOU WHEN YOU COME :)

The host was a very amiable guy, who truly made the visit to this riad worthwhile. When we asked where we could find a breakfast at 07.00 (breakfast there is at 9, and we had to leave early for a daytrip), he went the extra mile and found us some breakfast. My compliments! Location of the Riad was perfect.

• 1st Nov 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good location very close to the main square in Marrakech. Beautiful little riad.

View all Marrakech Bed and Breakfasts