Riad Massin Reviews

48 Derb Sidi Mohamed L'Haj- Bab Doukala, Marrakech, Morocco

We arrived at Riad Masin without reservation. We were offered higher rates then the ones in Hostelworld, asked the staff if they can matchthese offers and they refuse due to no approval from bossto offee lower rate, which is understandable. What is not right is purposedly let is waiting for over half an hour to check in, force us to get a more expensive room and give us a sprech saying thatin Morocco is is like this, . It was my third time to Morocco, and the most unwelcoming staff I found.

This is a good hostel with a great location, right between the new and old towns (around 15 minutes walk to each) so you can easily get to either. The number 19 bus from the airport goes two stops and you're just a few minutes from the hostel. The staff are particularly accommodating and friendly, changing the bedding each day and offering to help with information or make tea. It's a small hostel and quite quiet so not really one for partying but personally I enjoyed my stay and would go back!

Is it a nice hostel located in a beautiful historical riad, very clean, with a charming atmosphere. But let's be honest : what would be Riad Massin without its host Hassan? Hassan is about the friendliest host I have ever met,, he's always there for you, smiling, generous, never short in useful tips, polyglot and keen to share experiences with his guests. Thank you Hassan for taking care of me during my stay in Marrakech. Gerard

I've stayed here every month for 5 years. The new staff have made a difference. It's like when Khadija, Aziz and Brahim were there as the last year it was in a decline. A must stay. Clean, cheap and in a great location. This really is a jewel in Marrakech's crown. I took my son for the first time and he was in awe of the building and he had a good nights sleep after a hard day's travel. Be warned, the tent on the roof is mine when I am there, it is were I sleep!

A very relaxed place with a friendly host and a nice room. Good location for exploring the medina and not too far to walk to the new town either. Food and coffee were excellent, laundry service very good and staff friendly and informative. The Riad is very quiet especially during the day, and the terrace is a nice place to relax in the sunshine.

• 5th Jan 2016

Nice Riad, nice people and staff. The riad is clean, and staff helpful and disposable to help you on your stay. Suggested for young travellers. The quarter is quiet and in 15 minutes walking you can reach Jeema El-Fna.

We had a nice stay at this riad. Hassan welcomed us with a tradiational maroccain mint tea and explained us all the tricks with the local people (bargain, "helpful path shower"). You can also book tours at the Riad for example to Ait en Haddou. The rooms were clean and cozy, the riad has a nice roof terasse und good wifi. The only minus point was, that there is not always hot water in the shower.

Great hostel! I loved staying there. But still confused on why I was yelled at by the manager. I was nothing but nice to everyone and he yelled at me for no reason. But other than that I loved it. Their tea was good. But breakfast needed work, I would recommend going into the souks for breakfast. Freshly made and much cheaper.

Our stay at the Riad Massin was fantastic! Hassan is a wonderful host and definitely makes your stay feel like home. Hes very informative and can tell you anything you need to know about the city and the culture! He works very hard to please the guests at his riad and provides the guests with tea! You also get breakfast at the riad and you can have them cook any dish for a later meal as long as you give them a heads up!

• 19th Dec 2015

This Hostel is a bit antiquated, but the staff was extremely kind, in particular the receptionist, the real Moroccan Welcome, he bring me a nice moroccan mint tea to the roof top and we had a long chat about Moroccan life style and other stuffs

great place with perfect location, thanks to the owner hassan for helping me to plan the rest of my trip in morocco. ill recommend that place 100% and would come back there for sure if i had the chance to be back to marrakech again

Really nice people, good place to relax from the busy city. Ask the Guys for trip recommendations! We booked a trip at the Hostel and it was the best decision we made in Marokko! (3 days - 2 nights trip into the desert with riding camels etc --> can only recommend that!

truly moroccan experience

I had a great time staying at Riad Massin. Good location, about 20 min walk from the Medina and right next to a market. When you arrive they make a pot of tea(free) and chat. If you ask for tea they'll make it and it's delicious but you'll be charged for it. Breakfast is good, jam, bread, fresh orange juice and coffee/tea. I would say don't have your laundry done here because I did and left with a pair of jeans I had to throw away. Overall good. Would stay here again.

The Riad Massin was amazing! The Staff are really friendly and we have nice conversations! He also give me a lot of tips to make things in marrakech! i recommend this Riad!!!

• 30th Nov 2015
  • Switzerland

Emily was awesome. She helped us figure out things to do, was honest about recommendations and was very helpful with anything we needed. She is super sweet!

A great hostel. It has a really good atmosphere and an amazing place to meet other travelers