Riad Massin Reviews

48 Derb Sidi Mohamed L'Haj- Bab Doukala, Marrakech, Morocco

I loved to be in Riad Massin. All people working there was just fantastic and very attention. They made me and my sister to have the wish to spend more time in Marrakech. The Riad has a good localization too!

The people make this place special. All the family make an effort to welcome you into their home

I strongly recomend :)

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Good location, close to useful bus station. Host is nice, but did not know Hammam opening hours.

There was a bed bug I think.... Not sure, but I got lots of insect bites... The bed looked clean though. Location is little bit far from the famous square. Staff can speak English well.

The hostel manager is always willing to help no matter how big or small the problem. Kind and very welcoming. The location of the hostel is perfect. Just 5-10mins to the local supermarket, 10-15mins walk to the main square and 10-15 mins walk to new town. It's convenient and great value for money. With this only being €5 per night, I have nothing to complain about. If you're looking for a well located hostel in the centre of things and enjoy discovering new cultures.This would be perfect

Awesome riad really centrally located in the Medina. Nice stuff, silent and comfy atmosphere! Theres minced tea all day and very quick wifi :)

• 11th Aug 2014

Cosy hostel. Very cheap and with all the services that work.

We stayed here just for 1 night but I would definitely choose it again if I return to Marrakech! A bit hard to find at first, but actually really easy after you get to it. Clean room and nice staff. We even booked a 3-day desert trip with them which was a great experience. We were welcome with mint tea - a great treat after a tiring day. Great value for money, especially if you're on a tight budget!

This place is quaint and I felt safe the entire time. It's not very large compared to other hostels I've stayed at, but I liked that. I was traveling in a large group that used every bed so the place was completely private. The rooftop terrace is pretty awesome and even has a shower!

The Riad Massin was an amazing place to stay. The staff was incredible. Couldn't have asked for a better place.

• 17th Jul 2014

If you are looking for a nice, cheap and safe stay in Marrakech you will enjoy your stay at Riad Massin. We had a wonderful stay here :)

I love riad massine. I have stayed there twice, and both times were relaxing and of course the Riad itself is beautiful. The staff are kind and the environment is lovely. Delicious breakfast, wonderfully outfitted room with adjoining bathroom, everything was spotlessly clean and great. The only downside to Riad Massin is the location. It's quite far from Jamaa al-Fna. But I always sacrifice so I can stay there because I love it so!

It is hard to fine the hostel as it is inside confusing street. If you are going from the airport, ask for the bus. It only tells you to take a taxi but there is a bus that takes you to the hostel. While the cab will ask for about 100 DR, the bus requires only 30. Except for that, it is a nice stay. Kind staff, clean rooms. Enjoyed the whole stay!!

I thought it was very dirty and disgusting. I arrived in the evening and wanted to take a shower.. that's what i did but the bathroom and the shower curtain was so dirty, mold everywhere. It smells dirty so after I took my stuff and left this hostel.

Very nice riad and at a very great price

Riad Masin is conveniently located on the edge of a local sook by Bab Doukala, which is much cheaper for buying food and provisions. Being located by the Bab (gate), one is able to use the major roads to navigate into the city square quickly without having to navigate through the sooks at night. The staff at Riad massin were very helpful allowing my friend and I to leave a bag of excess clothes and belongings at the Riad as we went off into the mountains trekking. The Riad is beautiful.

Our room had no lock, annoying that the building was separate to the reception.

There was no hot water during our stay