Riad Massin Reviews

48 Derb Sidi Mohamed L'Haj- Bab Doukala, Marrakech, Morocco

It's an amazing place; with a beautiful roof and very clean rooms. A very nice and cheap place to meet some people and just relax some time. The staff is able to help you with travel routes, daytrips and other usefull organisation stuff. I will totally come back some times.

• 31st Mar 2014

-It is very difficult to find the Riad the first time. -I stayed in the 2nd building which was ok but the room was a bit humid.the bunk beds are not very stable especially if you get the top bed + this is a great place to stay if you didn't come to Marrakech to sit in your hotel but to explore the city.good location and an easy place to meet people. Great value for money + the staff is very kind and helpful. I went to the local hammam with the ladies of the hostel which was a nice experience

I stayed at Riad Massin 5 years ago (you can still read my previous review) and was completely satisfied and happy back then. This time, I have the impression that they don't care about clients the same way anymore. They are very kind and accommodating I must say but, unfrotunately, by the time I got there, they put me in a room in (another) gloomy and half-built building, with no keys, it was dusty, and the light did not work.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Ecuador

Would stay here if next time in morocco.

• 20th Mar 2014

Staff was very very friendly and helpful!

polite and helpful stuff, nice athmosphere, it was the heart of our journey - all people we had to do with did we met here

friendly staff and very nice location!!!

• 4th Mar 2014

Wonderful staff and perfect location. This was my second wisit in two years an I will definitively go back.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Norway

Well I sat Down at night, and listened to how the staff tried to convince their costumer to only trust them, so they are taking advantage of their costumers. Hostel is also hard to find. Toilets and shower were in so poor condition that the girl that traveled with us did not want to use it. The was no lock on the door, so we brought our own locker. There are much better hostels out there.

The staff and location here are great! Staff is always willing to answer any questions and offer advice, and the location is right on the outskirts of the Medina, making the center of the market very close w/in walking distance. The only complaint I have about the hostel is the cleanliness, but it's a big complaint. Our sheets were definitely not changed from the previous guests's stay, our shower curtain smelled disgusting and was moldy, and the free towel they provided also had mold on it.

nice hostel for people who don´t want to stay in the most touristic spot but still near enough to everything. located between medina and gueliz (where popular bars and cinemas are).

We had a great time there. The staff is charming and pleasant, always worried about your needs. It´s a little bit difficult to find the place, and they don´t offer a free shisha per day as it says in the website, but I would definitively come back again.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Great hostel with great people! I really want to say thanks to all the staff members and especially to Ibrahim, he was the best! I loved the atmosphere, it was very relaxed and open. The only thing I miss, is Hassan, the cat (Ibrahim will know). Kind regards and greetings especially to Ibrahim, Anze, Jaka, Blaz

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Slovenia

Magnificent Ibrahim knows a recommendation for everything:)

Riad Massin ist well located - only a 15min walk from the big square (Djemaa el-fna). We were in the second house and had always to ask at the main house to open the door which was a bit annoying. In winter time it is really chilly everywhere in the house. Breakfast (25 dirham p.P) was great.

Great..lovely. ..friendly staff. I did book only for one night but I stayed in all 12 days afterward. The guy is called Ibrahim is helpful guy and so friendly. .and the girls in kitchen were sweet as well... I just felt like home be honest...definitely I'm back soon in future and stay with them again ;-)

• 30th Jan 2014

You get what you pay for. That being said, I would stay again, because it was so cheap. But it is a very basic Riad. A bit dark, a bit gloomy, bathroom was cleaned sporadically, moldy shower curtain, found mouse droppings on the dresser. Also, will likey not stay in the riad pictured, you will stay in the riad next door, slightly less glamourous that the one pictured. Hot water runs out after a few drops. Also a cat lives there so watch out if you have allergies. Briam was very nice and helpful

Pros: Comfortable beds, quiet location, friendly staff. Cons: Shower and sink in my room broken/non-functional. Building super cold overnight. Power outlets and lights randomly stop working. Second building (where I stayed) very inconvenient to access.

The women that work at the hostel brought us to a hamam and it was a really memorable experience..

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

highly recommend! we had wonderful time in Massin.

« first « Prev 1 2 3