Riad Massin Reviews

48 Derb Sidi Mohamed L'Haj- Bab Doukala, Marrakech, Morocco

Riad Massin is a nice place to stay with a friendly and helpful staff. There is one thing to mention, though: Most of the rooms of the main building are populated by bed bugs. Yes, the real ones (Cimex lectularius), big and hungry. I changed to a double in the next door building, also belonging to Riad Massin, where I did not have any further problems of this kind. But I do not know about the bug state of the dorms and other rooms of this next door building.

Stayed in the second building - it was practically empty when I stayed so it was nice and quiet. Very nice beds and clean overall. The staff is unbelievably helpful and the location is also commendable. I too initially had trouble locating this place, but 1) ask around 2) wander around for a bit - walk from Bab Doukkala into the medina and the little street enlarges into a wider street; take the right and wander around. Loved it so much that I came back after the desert trip.

I really enjoy my stay at Riad Massin, i think that the quality of the services offered in relation with the money paid is excellent, for that reason if you are a traveller thinking to came to Marrakech Riad Massin should be a necessary stop. In addition, I would like to give a 10 to the stuff who is working there, very kind people always close to the traveler and also offering different chances from learn to do a Tagine to give to you a dish of a delicious local food. Extraordinary.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Spain

It's an amazing place; with a beautiful roof and very clean rooms. A very nice and cheap place to meet some people and just relax some time. The staff is able to help you with travel routes, daytrips and other usefull organisation stuff. I will totally come back some times.

• 31st Mar 2014

-It is very difficult to find the Riad the first time. -I stayed in the 2nd building which was ok but the room was a bit humid.the bunk beds are not very stable especially if you get the top bed + this is a great place to stay if you didn't come to Marrakech to sit in your hotel but to explore the city.good location and an easy place to meet people. Great value for money + the staff is very kind and helpful. I went to the local hammam with the ladies of the hostel which was a nice experience

I stayed at Riad Massin 5 years ago (you can still read my previous review) and was completely satisfied and happy back then. This time, I have the impression that they don't care about clients the same way anymore. They are very kind and accommodating I must say but, unfrotunately, by the time I got there, they put me in a room in (another) gloomy and half-built building, with no keys, it was dusty, and the light did not work.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Ecuador

Would stay here if next time in morocco.

Staff was very very friendly and helpful!

polite and helpful stuff, nice athmosphere, it was the heart of our journey - all people we had to do with did we met here

friendly staff and very nice location!!!

• 4th Mar 2014

Wonderful staff and perfect location. This was my second wisit in two years an I will definitively go back.

• 1st Mar 2014