Riad Massin Reviews

48 Derb Sidi Mohamed L'Haj- Bab Doukala, Marrakech, Morocco

The hostel manager is always willing to help no matter how big or small the problem. Kind and very welcoming. The location of the hostel is perfect. Just 5-10mins to the local supermarket, 10-15mins walk to the main square and 10-15 mins walk to new town. It's convenient and great value for money. With this only being €5 per night, I have nothing to complain about. If you're looking for a well located hostel in the centre of things and enjoy discovering new cultures.This would be perfect

Awesome riad really centrally located in the Medina. Nice stuff, silent and comfy atmosphere! Theres minced tea all day and very quick wifi :)

• 11th Aug 2014

Cosy hostel. Very cheap and with all the services that work.

We stayed here just for 1 night but I would definitely choose it again if I return to Marrakech! A bit hard to find at first, but actually really easy after you get to it. Clean room and nice staff. We even booked a 3-day desert trip with them which was a great experience. We were welcome with mint tea - a great treat after a tiring day. Great value for money, especially if you're on a tight budget!

This place is quaint and I felt safe the entire time. It's not very large compared to other hostels I've stayed at, but I liked that. I was traveling in a large group that used every bed so the place was completely private. The rooftop terrace is pretty awesome and even has a shower!

The Riad Massin was an amazing place to stay. The staff was incredible. Couldn't have asked for a better place.

• 17th Jul 2014

If you are looking for a nice, cheap and safe stay in Marrakech you will enjoy your stay at Riad Massin. We had a wonderful stay here :)

I love riad massine. I have stayed there twice, and both times were relaxing and of course the Riad itself is beautiful. The staff are kind and the environment is lovely. Delicious breakfast, wonderfully outfitted room with adjoining bathroom, everything was spotlessly clean and great. The only downside to Riad Massin is the location. It's quite far from Jamaa al-Fna. But I always sacrifice so I can stay there because I love it so!

It is hard to fine the hostel as it is inside confusing street. If you are going from the airport, ask for the bus. It only tells you to take a taxi but there is a bus that takes you to the hostel. While the cab will ask for about 100 DR, the bus requires only 30. Except for that, it is a nice stay. Kind staff, clean rooms. Enjoyed the whole stay!!

I thought it was very dirty and disgusting. I arrived in the evening and wanted to take a shower.. that's what i did but the bathroom and the shower curtain was so dirty, mold everywhere. It smells dirty so after I took my stuff and left this hostel.

Very nice riad and at a very great price

Riad Masin is conveniently located on the edge of a local sook by Bab Doukala, which is much cheaper for buying food and provisions. Being located by the Bab (gate), one is able to use the major roads to navigate into the city square quickly without having to navigate through the sooks at night. The staff at Riad massin were very helpful allowing my friend and I to leave a bag of excess clothes and belongings at the Riad as we went off into the mountains trekking. The Riad is beautiful.

Our room had no lock, annoying that the building was separate to the reception.

There was no hot water during our stay

Had a bit of trouble finding the hostel but was able to find the place after some help from a taxi driver. The private room I had wasn't bad and the staff was helpful. It was a bit inconvenient to get to my room as it was in a separate building from the reception. For the price, it's not a bad place and it is really quiet during my stay.

Good staff!

• 20th May 2014

the hostel was ok. but before we get there we send about 15 mails asking for directions regarding how to get to the hostel, and we have no answer, except when we asked for a shuttle service that they charged 10 euros. The total trip was about 2 euros by taxi, but they never gave us the directions. One of the persons in charge of the hostel, Sayid was lvery nice and helpful, but there were another man who were also in charge that was very rude, and was usually drunk, not very safe for a hostel.

The hostel was great. We rented a double private room, which was very clean and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was also very clean and everything worked pretty well. The location has both pros and cons as it is a bit far from the main square (15 min walk) but also in a quiet alley suitable for a good night's sleep. The riad staff were very helpful and friendly, giving good advice and not trying to pressure you, a very nice change from the Moroccan streets.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Greece

A member of the staff sat down with me when I arrived and gave me map explaining points of interest and also tips for shopping and traveling in the city. This was very helpful! The location was far from outside noise so it was restful, it was about 15 minutes walk to go to the main square, but on the side close to the new city so seeing both areas was easy. Shower and toilet could be temperamental (hot water when it felt like it, flushing when it felt like it) but for the price it was okay.

Had a great stay in Riad Massin! The staff were friendly and helpful, and it was in a good location. There was good air conditioning in our room and the beds were nice and comfy - will definitely stay there if I ever go back to Marrakech!

• 27th Apr 2014