Riad Meski Reviews

20 Derb Mikou Zkak Roman, Medina, Fez, Morocco

I had a lovely time staying at Riad Meski. The owner Ahmed was very nice and helpful, and sent someone to pick me up at the gate to the Medina (the streets of Fez are confusing so I'd recommend this). The location of the riad was perfect and it was really fun to be staying right in the Medina itself. Highly recommended.

This Riad is very beautiful. We arranged for an airport pickup, which I recommend since the Medina is extremely complex to navigate and there is no indication on the Riad door. Make sure to have dinner here - the Riad owner's mom makes delicious traditional Moroccan food. The breakfast was also great. The room was clean, but dusty - beware if you are allergic to dust.

Ni experience our stay in Riad Meski. Well located, close to the two main streets of Fes (best place to eat for economic prices) and in the heart of the medina. Helpful staff always available to provide everything you might need. Absolutely recommendable to stay one night for dinner at the riad. Homemade food of very good quality (actually the best one and more authentic I tried in morocco...and I really love eating!). Nice and sunny terrace with views of the medina for morning breakfast.

We had a fantastic stay in Riad Meski. Ahmed was a great host. He sent us a nice welcoming email with clear instructions to get there (no getting lost on Fes's confusing streets with all our luggage), and was really helpful and full of suggestions for our stay. The room was lovely and the Riad is beautiful with a great roof terrace too. Perfectly located - not far from Talaa AL-Kebir, but in a quiet residential area. We only wish we could have stayed longer!

• 14th Mar 2015

A beautiful quiet place in the busy medina with great staff! Would stay there again when in Fez.

• 25th Jan 2015

Amazing place to stay, Ahmed makes you feel at home. We unfortunately had a 2:30 am train on the day we were leaving and he let us hang around until just before departure and then walked us to our taxi so that we felt safe. Everything was clean and the rooms are really spacious. The riad is beautiful and so it's lovely to just hang out there in the evening. Amazing rooftop view as well. We also ate at the riad one night, Ahmed's mother is an incredible cook! My friend and I over-ate for sure!

Amazing Riad! The owner, Ahmed, is so welcoming, friendly and helpful. The Riad is beautifully decorated and excellent value for money. The included breakfast is huge and very tasty. Highly recommend! Make sure you have dinner there...it was the best food we ate in Morocco!

Wonderfully maintained building and a very helpful and friendly staff. They prepared a terrific home-cooked meal.

My experience in this place was absolutely perfect. Situated in a very cool place to arrive with a taxi from outside of the Medina and to go to sleep in the end of the day from the main streets. Very close of them. There is a lovely decoration inside the building. The beds, the couch.. All very nice. The breakfast gives to you a lot of calories to burn in the Medina! Very rich and tasty. And the best things is the owner, Ahmed, a very friendly 28 years old guy. He'll help you in everything you

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Spain

We enjoyed our stay in this hostel very much! The environment in the hostel was great as well as Ahmed, the owner. He was able to set us up with what we needed whether it was food, tour guides, taxi rides you name it. He was very friendly, very efficient, and followed through on all of our requests (setting up taxi's etc.).

Visited Riad Meski in January 2015 for the second time. Felt very comfy there, rooms are clean. Really liked the staff, Moroccans are very welcoming and I talked a lot with them:) I'm 23, been there with a friend the first time and with my mom the second time.

n Riad Meski we really had the experience of living inside the Medina of Fes. It's a beautiful familyhome in the middle of the Medina. The host is a very friendly man that is always willing to help or to arrange different excursions for you. The room was of excellent quality, considering the age of the building, very clean with a comfortable bed. The breakfast was delicious. Beautiful roofterrace with view of the Medina. Should we ever come back to Fes, we'll definitely contact Ahmed again.

• 29th May 2014
  • Lithuania

We absolutely loved this Riad! The staff was lovely, we loved the space we had in our own room. Everything was clean and we had a wonderful time. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

We got to Fez and the owner of Riad Meski (Ahmed) put us up at his cousins Riad (Aya) which was not nearly as nice as Riad Meski. He said it was due to bathroom issues. He did not notify of us beforehand to give us an option to cancel to avoid wasting time moving around, presumably because he still wanted our business. He was resistant to discounting the price at our request and threatened to call the police when we said he wasn't being fair. Very scary man and sleezy businessman.

We enjoyed a great stay at the Riad Meski. Ahmed and his family were extremely kind and welcoming, making us feel at home and recommending places to visit around the city. The room was spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast on the roof terasse was absolutely delicious. The location was ideal as it was within the medina but close enough to the main road for easy navigation. I will definitely recommend this hostel for friends visiting Fes! Thanks for a great stay!

Pro: beautiful riad, beautiful clean room with bathroom, friendly helpful staff, we got pick up from Bab Guissa, located in the Medina, good breakfast Contra: we got no key for our room but were told not to worry, at least the front door was always closed; in the nearby location everything is closed in the evening (5-10min walk at Bab Boujloud you find a lot of restaurants), our first evening the staff showed us an extremely expensive restaurant, no sufficient heating in winter

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Austria

Great Hostel! The Staff is helpfull and nice and the atmosphere was the best I have ever had. I would recommend this place to everyone.

Riad Meski was super! The location is great. It is inside the old Medina of Fès and just 5 minutes walking to the parkinglot if you want to do a trip that needs a car. The food they serve in the riad meski is great especially the pastina. But what suprised us the most was how friendly the staff was. Achmed Meski will help you with everything from basic questions to arranging guides and trips for you. Riad meski is an authentic looking, super located, friendly staffed bed and breakfast.

It was a special adventure to find this Riad (we didn't take Ahmed's offer to pick us up): half of the medina helped us and sure enough they succeeded. We were welcomed with tea and homemade biscuits. The breakfast was good, too. Since the room was cold he gave us a heater. The room itself was nothing special but the middle area (riad/dar?) was very beautiful and tastefully equipped. The view from the terrace is great.

Riad Meski was an Oasis to rest from the Medinas salesmen and touts. It's a family managed business, and they treat you as if you were a family guest, not a customer. There was not a single time I returned from the streets that I was not offered a tea. They were always making sure I had everything I needed, even stretching a bit their services to make my stay more pleasant. Definitely recommendable.

View all Fez Bed and Breakfasts