Riad Meski Reviews

20 Derb Mikou Zkak Roman, Medina, Fez, Morocco

Our time in this Riad was really comfortable. We enjoyed a suitable and nice room and the possibility of tasting the real marocaine cuisine. The director is a very good gestor of the common needs and questions you may have in your trip. His help to organize our days in Fes was excellent. Amazing breakfast on the rooftop.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Toilet paper was only provided upon request. A bit odd. No sign on the door, someone has to pick you up on arrival. Breakfast on terrace is nice. Mehdi is very friendly and got us breakfast when we had to leave before breakfast time. Ahmed was helpful too and sent out someone to show us where the riad was when arrived at Bab Guissa. Room get really cold in the winter. Some more carpets might help keeping it warmer in the winter, since the floors are very cold.

Beautiful riad well situated to see the sights of Fes. Saida is the most wonderful hostess. Make sure to have some if not all of your meals there. She's an incredible cook and we enjoyed the cooking lessons! Thanks for a great stay! Stephen & Jessica

I don't know why they don't have any sign outside the riad, but if you don't book by websites it's impossible to discover the place in your own. By the way, the Riad is really beautiful and the staff is friendly. The breakfast is huge!! Great, but our room it was small and the door was broken, so we couldn't locked it. It was any problem about security, but I'd like they fix it. In general, is a excellent place, clean and good atmosphere.

Wasn't very pleased with the 1 inch water I had to take a shower in as the water didn't drain. But great location and quite pretty!

Beautiful Riad, excellent location and the friendliest host I have ever met! We stayed there two times, and had a great time! Would recommend it to anyone, going to Fez!

Ahmed and the Riad were very hospitable. The Riad is beautiful and the dinner we had was super tasty. Breakfast on the terrace is also a real treat. We stayed at Riad meski for 4 nights and it was very welcoming and comfortable.

Great hostel and wonderful staff. A lavish breakfast was provided in the morning. The riad is an impressive edifice with beautiful stucco work. Some of the washrooms could use more careful and thorough renovation.

I had a lovely time staying at Riad Meski. The owner Ahmed was very nice and helpful, and sent someone to pick me up at the gate to the Medina (the streets of Fez are confusing so I'd recommend this). The location of the riad was perfect and it was really fun to be staying right in the Medina itself. Highly recommended.

This Riad is very beautiful. We arranged for an airport pickup, which I recommend since the Medina is extremely complex to navigate and there is no indication on the Riad door. Make sure to have dinner here - the Riad owner's mom makes delicious traditional Moroccan food. The breakfast was also great. The room was clean, but dusty - beware if you are allergic to dust.

Ni experience our stay in Riad Meski. Well located, close to the two main streets of Fes (best place to eat for economic prices) and in the heart of the medina. Helpful staff always available to provide everything you might need. Absolutely recommendable to stay one night for dinner at the riad. Homemade food of very good quality (actually the best one and more authentic I tried in morocco...and I really love eating!). Nice and sunny terrace with views of the medina for morning breakfast.

We had a fantastic stay in Riad Meski. Ahmed was a great host. He sent us a nice welcoming email with clear instructions to get there (no getting lost on Fes's confusing streets with all our luggage), and was really helpful and full of suggestions for our stay. The room was lovely and the Riad is beautiful with a great roof terrace too. Perfectly located - not far from Talaa AL-Kebir, but in a quiet residential area. We only wish we could have stayed longer!

• 14th Mar 2015

A beautiful quiet place in the busy medina with great staff! Would stay there again when in Fez.

• 25th Jan 2015

Amazing place to stay, Ahmed makes you feel at home. We unfortunately had a 2:30 am train on the day we were leaving and he let us hang around until just before departure and then walked us to our taxi so that we felt safe. Everything was clean and the rooms are really spacious. The riad is beautiful and so it's lovely to just hang out there in the evening. Amazing rooftop view as well. We also ate at the riad one night, Ahmed's mother is an incredible cook! My friend and I over-ate for sure!

Amazing Riad! The owner, Ahmed, is so welcoming, friendly and helpful. The Riad is beautifully decorated and excellent value for money. The included breakfast is huge and very tasty. Highly recommend! Make sure you have dinner there...it was the best food we ate in Morocco!

Wonderfully maintained building and a very helpful and friendly staff. They prepared a terrific home-cooked meal.

My experience in this place was absolutely perfect. Situated in a very cool place to arrive with a taxi from outside of the Medina and to go to sleep in the end of the day from the main streets. Very close of them. There is a lovely decoration inside the building. The beds, the couch.. All very nice. The breakfast gives to you a lot of calories to burn in the Medina! Very rich and tasty. And the best things is the owner, Ahmed, a very friendly 28 years old guy. He'll help you in everything you

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Spain

We enjoyed our stay in this hostel very much! The environment in the hostel was great as well as Ahmed, the owner. He was able to set us up with what we needed whether it was food, tour guides, taxi rides you name it. He was very friendly, very efficient, and followed through on all of our requests (setting up taxi's etc.).

Visited Riad Meski in January 2015 for the second time. Felt very comfy there, rooms are clean. Really liked the staff, Moroccans are very welcoming and I talked a lot with them:) I'm 23, been there with a friend the first time and with my mom the second time.

n Riad Meski we really had the experience of living inside the Medina of Fes. It's a beautiful familyhome in the middle of the Medina. The host is a very friendly man that is always willing to help or to arrange different excursions for you. The room was of excellent quality, considering the age of the building, very clean with a comfortable bed. The breakfast was delicious. Beautiful roofterrace with view of the Medina. Should we ever come back to Fes, we'll definitely contact Ahmed again.

• 29th May 2014