Riad Sidi Omar Reviews

Quartier Mouassine Derb Snan 85, Marrakech, Morocco

By far the best place I've ever stayed. The owners were incredibly friendly and hospitable; they took the time to get to know us; taught us about the culture of Marrakech; helped us with deciding where to go and provided directions; and they even arranged a car for us to go up to the mountains. The breakfasts that they laid on for us each morning were the perfect touch to the perfect holiday. I will definitely be returning and holding Jawad to his offer to take us up to the dessert!

• 8th Sep 2014

Omar's place is absolutely great. The riad is really cool and located really close to the medina but inside it's peaceful and quiet. The place is really nice but what makes it is Omar himself. He is so helpful with everything and is such a nice guy. I can't adequately express how helpful he was. He definitely made our trip great.

• 6th Jul 2014

I would definitly recommend the Riad Sidi Omar. Although its only 10 minutes from the main square its an absolute oasis of calmness. The riad is absolutely beautiful and Omar and his family are the most friendly and helpful hosts. As others mentioned the Riad is not easy to find but when you once have found the entrance to Derb Snaan its really not a big problem. Just follow the X and arrow signs written on the walls.

I found my second home here in Riad Sidi Omar, without which my time in Morocco would not have been as wonderful and memorable. Omar and his family showed us the warmth and sincerity of true Moroccan hospitality - from the first moment we arrived till the time we longingly bid farewell. I fell in love with the beauty of the riad and the stories it holds, and enjoyed the insightful conversations had with Omar. I'd definitely recommend anyone heading to Marrakesh to stay at this enchanting riad :)

• 2nd May 2014
  • Singapore

Beautiful building and amazing staff, extremely helpful and welcoming. Highly recommended.

• 28th Apr 2014

Would recommend this riad to anyone staying in Marrakech! Staff was excellent and really tried to get to know you. Also the breakfast and their mint tea was to die for. Only thing I would recommend is get there during the day, trying to find this riad was difficult at night.

• 25th Apr 2014

Location – difficult to find but the owner Omar came out to pick us up at drop-off point. Room – clean but hot water stopped mid-way through the shower of the person taking the later turn. Toilet does not have window, so any smell goes straight into the room. One of the twin beds was right next to the toilet. Departure – While Omar said he would lead the way for us to our tour guide, in fact we carried our luggage ourselves and were escorted by him from the back when he was in his own car.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

This Riad was an absolute gem in the craziness of the Medina. 100% reliable hot water showers, comfortable beds, clean quiet rooms, lovely roof top terrace, big yummy breakfasts, free laundry and great location (5 minute easy to the Djaama el-Fna). But the best part of the Riad was Sidi Omar himself. He was the best host we could have ever ask for and arranged our whole 5 day trek in the High Atlas. Support the local Moroccon community and become a friend of Sidi Omars by staying at his Riad!

Wonderful atmosphere and great staff! We had a really nice time there :-)!

I left feeling like i had a little family in Morocco. I feel like if I knocked on the door right now and needed something they would be there to help. Omar and his family made us extremely comfortable, yes it might be a bit tricky to find (do not fear, you will find it) once you have found it you feel like it is your little secret peaceful haven in the busy city. If I ever chance back to Marrakech I will know where I am staying.

I absolutely loved it here! Initially a little hard to find but once you know where it is its very easy to get back to. Very close to the souks but you would never know it as the raid is so quiet and peaceful. Beautiful courtyard where you instantly feel relaxed. Omar was a fabulous host, welcoming and very helpful with all our questions and requests. We had a private room which was very comfortable and spacious. We had booked in for 1 night but booked another as was so lovely!!

View all Marrakech Bed and Breakfasts