Riad Sidi Omar Reviews

Quartier Mouassine Derb Snan 85, Marrakech, Morocco

We, two girls from Germany, stayed at the Riad at the end of September for four nights. It is a small oasis in the middle of Marrakech and we enjoyed discovering the city from that point. The Riad is perfectly locaded in the Medina and still a quite and peaceful place. The owner organized airport transfer and was a great support. He provided us with useful informations about places to visit and the lifestyle in Morocco. We always felt like coming home when returning to the Riad Omar Sidi.

• 21st Sep 2014

I can't praise this place enough. It's one of a few Riad's still owned by a Moroccan family and it's a tranquil haven in the midst of the mad hustle and bustle of Marrakech. The breakfast included in the very very reasonable tariff is amazing. Such a welcome awaits you here.

By far the best place I've ever stayed. The owners were incredibly friendly and hospitable; they took the time to get to know us; taught us about the culture of Marrakech; helped us with deciding where to go and provided directions; and they even arranged a car for us to go up to the mountains. The breakfasts that they laid on for us each morning were the perfect touch to the perfect holiday. I will definitely be returning and holding Jawad to his offer to take us up to the dessert!

• 8th Sep 2014

Very nice place to stay. Omar is very welcoming and will provide some excellent information for your stay in Morocco. Great breakfast. We were leaving early one morning and omar purposely got up earlier than he usually does and had breakfasts ready for us to take away for our bus journey.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Omar's place is absolutely great. The riad is really cool and located really close to the medina but inside it's peaceful and quiet. The place is really nice but what makes it is Omar himself. He is so helpful with everything and is such a nice guy. I can't adequately express how helpful he was. He definitely made our trip great.

• 6th Jul 2014

I would definitly recommend the Riad Sidi Omar. Although its only 10 minutes from the main square its an absolute oasis of calmness. The riad is absolutely beautiful and Omar and his family are the most friendly and helpful hosts. As others mentioned the Riad is not easy to find but when you once have found the entrance to Derb Snaan its really not a big problem. Just follow the X and arrow signs written on the walls.

I found my second home here in Riad Sidi Omar, without which my time in Morocco would not have been as wonderful and memorable. Omar and his family showed us the warmth and sincerity of true Moroccan hospitality - from the first moment we arrived till the time we longingly bid farewell. I fell in love with the beauty of the riad and the stories it holds, and enjoyed the insightful conversations had with Omar. I'd definitely recommend anyone heading to Marrakesh to stay at this enchanting riad :)

• 2nd May 2014
  • Singapore

Beautiful building and amazing staff, extremely helpful and welcoming. Highly recommended.

• 28th Apr 2014

Would recommend this riad to anyone staying in Marrakech! Staff was excellent and really tried to get to know you. Also the breakfast and their mint tea was to die for. Only thing I would recommend is get there during the day, trying to find this riad was difficult at night.

• 25th Apr 2014