Riad Sidi Omar Reviews

Quartier Mouassine Derb Snan 85, Marrakech, Morocco

Great location! Omar is very helpful! Beautiful building! We will be back!!

• 14th May 2015

Omar is a gracious host and puts Marrakech at your fingertips both through the wonderful riad and his willingness to share Moroccan experiences. I don't think I've had a more pleasant stay in any of my travels thus far.

• 5th May 2015

Great riad. Very nice people, really doing everything they can to make you feel like home. The only thing is that it could be difficult to find it the first time (after that it is really easy). So just ask Omar to send a taxi, so you don't get lost the first time :)

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Location was strategic, extremely safe, room was charming, courtyard was delightful, breakfast extremely generous, our hosts were gracious, helpful & accommodating.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Malaysia
  • Couple, 41+

I highly recommend this place! It really felt like a home. I have traveled to over 30 countries and never have I felt so welcomed and taken care of as I did here. It is a family runned place, one of the few left in the city. We had the best tea and best conversation with Omar. It really is worth while staying there, if only to get to know this family and thus understand more about the people in Morocco. Besides that the breakfast is amazing and location is superb! Hope to return to there again!

We had a wonderful stay here. It's a special place in the perfect location. Omar is a person who touches your soul and I won't forget him. Thankyou for making our stay in Marrakech special

• 30th Dec 2014

We, two girls from Germany, stayed at the Riad at the end of September for four nights. It is a small oasis in the middle of Marrakech and we enjoyed discovering the city from that point. The Riad is perfectly locaded in the Medina and still a quite and peaceful place. The owner organized airport transfer and was a great support. He provided us with useful informations about places to visit and the lifestyle in Morocco. We always felt like coming home when returning to the Riad Omar Sidi.

• 21st Sep 2014

I can't praise this place enough. It's one of a few Riad's still owned by a Moroccan family and it's a tranquil haven in the midst of the mad hustle and bustle of Marrakech. The breakfast included in the very very reasonable tariff is amazing. Such a welcome awaits you here.

I stayed at here a year ago by myself and have never felt so at home and made welcome! The family who run this hostel were more than accommodating and always offered food and drinks to me, told me how to get to certain places and were lovely in general. The Riad itself was unlike anything I've ever seen - stunning from top to bottom! Very authentically Moroccan! I am returning next month and this time brining friends! Incredible!

By far the best place I've ever stayed. The owners were incredibly friendly and hospitable; they took the time to get to know us; taught us about the culture of Marrakech; helped us with deciding where to go and provided directions; and they even arranged a car for us to go up to the mountains. The breakfasts that they laid on for us each morning were the perfect touch to the perfect holiday. I will definitely be returning and holding Jawad to his offer to take us up to the dessert!

• 8th Sep 2014

Very nice place to stay. Omar is very welcoming and will provide some excellent information for your stay in Morocco. Great breakfast. We were leaving early one morning and omar purposely got up earlier than he usually does and had breakfasts ready for us to take away for our bus journey.

Omar's place is absolutely great. The riad is really cool and located really close to the medina but inside it's peaceful and quiet. The place is really nice but what makes it is Omar himself. He is so helpful with everything and is such a nice guy. I can't adequately express how helpful he was. He definitely made our trip great.

• 6th Jul 2014

I would definitly recommend the Riad Sidi Omar. Although its only 10 minutes from the main square its an absolute oasis of calmness. The riad is absolutely beautiful and Omar and his family are the most friendly and helpful hosts. As others mentioned the Riad is not easy to find but when you once have found the entrance to Derb Snaan its really not a big problem. Just follow the X and arrow signs written on the walls.

I found my second home here in Riad Sidi Omar, without which my time in Morocco would not have been as wonderful and memorable. Omar and his family showed us the warmth and sincerity of true Moroccan hospitality - from the first moment we arrived till the time we longingly bid farewell. I fell in love with the beauty of the riad and the stories it holds, and enjoyed the insightful conversations had with Omar. I'd definitely recommend anyone heading to Marrakesh to stay at this enchanting riad :)

• 2nd May 2014
  • Singapore

Beautiful building and amazing staff, extremely helpful and welcoming. Highly recommended.

• 28th Apr 2014

Would recommend this riad to anyone staying in Marrakech! Staff was excellent and really tried to get to know you. Also the breakfast and their mint tea was to die for. Only thing I would recommend is get there during the day, trying to find this riad was difficult at night.

• 25th Apr 2014

Location – difficult to find but the owner Omar came out to pick us up at drop-off point. Room – clean but hot water stopped mid-way through the shower of the person taking the later turn. Toilet does not have window, so any smell goes straight into the room. One of the twin beds was right next to the toilet. Departure – While Omar said he would lead the way for us to our tour guide, in fact we carried our luggage ourselves and were escorted by him from the back when he was in his own car.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

This Riad was an absolute gem in the craziness of the Medina. 100% reliable hot water showers, comfortable beds, clean quiet rooms, lovely roof top terrace, big yummy breakfasts, free laundry and great location (5 minute easy to the Djaama el-Fna). But the best part of the Riad was Sidi Omar himself. He was the best host we could have ever ask for and arranged our whole 5 day trek in the High Atlas. Support the local Moroccon community and become a friend of Sidi Omars by staying at his Riad!

Wonderful atmosphere and great staff! We had a really nice time there :-)!

I left feeling like i had a little family in Morocco. I feel like if I knocked on the door right now and needed something they would be there to help. Omar and his family made us extremely comfortable, yes it might be a bit tricky to find (do not fear, you will find it) once you have found it you feel like it is your little secret peaceful haven in the busy city. If I ever chance back to Marrakech I will know where I am staying.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4