Superb 102 Total Reviews
Superb 102 Total Reviews
Riad Sidi Omar Located at Quartier Mouassine Derb Snan 85, , Marrakech.
Morocco
Marrakech Quartier Mouassine Derb Snan 85
97% 102
31.6292448 -7.9925054
    Rooms available

• jordaneberlein416
  • USA, Male, 25-30
10th Jun 2016

Omar was helpful and exceedingly kind. This riad is tucked away and very chill. Perfect for a personal retreat or romantic getaway.

23rd May 2016

It is very obvious when hostels/riads/b&b's are operated simply for the money. This is clearly not one of those examples, as Omar and his family take pride in providing the most accommodating environment (in their stunning home) to whatever you are looking for in Marrakesh or the surrounding areas. I cannot explain fully in this review the amount of time Omar spent planning trips for my gf and I, going above and beyond consistently to show us Morocco at its best. Wow.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
23rd Apr 2016

My friends and I had a WONDERFUL stay here! The riad is tucked away in a labyrinth of side streets (but it's not hard to find once you've been there once) so although it's very near the main square most of the noise comes from the birds in the courtyard. Omar is incredibly friendly and helped us with all kinds of things, from directing us to the best place to buy Moroccan saffron to showing us how to make a proper pot of mint tea. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

20th Apr 2016

Staying in Sidi Omar is one of the best accommodation experiences I've ever had. Neither hostel not hotel, the riad is in a category of its own. The modest door in the streets of Marrakech's medina opens into a welcoming and surprisingly spacious home. I've had many good hosts before, but Omar and his family truly went above and beyond providing the best experience possible for their guests. Sidi Omar is simply phenomenal and was one of the highlights of my trip to this fascinating country.

1st Apr 2016

Beautiful and peaceful all over, plus great breakfast. Finding the place was also a part of all the fun.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
27th Mar 2016

Omar is a fantastic host. He and his family are extremely welcoming and kind. The hostel is beautiful, extremely clean (if a bit hard to find), but the additional things through the hostel are definitely more expensive than you would find elsewhere. The dinner Omar made us was phenomenal and well worth the cost, but the airport transfer was a lot more expensive than what advice suggested we should be paying for a taxi. However, we made the choice with no pressure on us from Omar.

• USA, Female, 41+
26th Mar 2016

For me, there is NO other option for a place to stay while in Marrakesh, Morrocco. Omar and Jawad treated us like family. The room was amazing. The Riad was tastefully decorated, with plenty of room, excellent wi-fi, and the food was on top of the world! I went to Morrocco with my daughter and was a little nervous given the current world climate of Muslim countries. I couldn't have been more off base. The people were warm and inviting. The location was right in the middle of everything!

• mmmneault4172
  • Canada, Couple, 31-40
24th Mar 2016

If you want the real 'riad' experience, I highly recommend this one. Our stay at this riad was more like couchsurfing with a family. Making the bottom floor a guesthouse while the family lives upstairs, you as a traveller get to eat and live like a morrocan with a morrocan family. Truly the best hospitality I have experienced in all my travels.

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Mar 2016

We had an absolutely wonderful time at Riad Sidi Omar. It is owned by a lovely local family (as opposed to most of the accommodation in the city which is increasingly foreign owned) that go the extra mile to ensure that you have a pleasant and authentic stay - teaching us useful phrases in Arabic and advising on the best places to go (hammams, daytrips and food). It is also incredibly well-located and has a great roof terrace for relaxing in the evenings and eating breakfast in the mornings.

• nazlu6917
  • Scotland, Mixed Group, 18-24
16th Mar 2016

Our stay with Omar was amazing! The Riad was beautiful and in a great location. Omar organised a pick up from the airport and greeted us at the Riad with Moroccan tea. Our rooms were beautiful and very clean. Omar gave us lots of help and even organised a trip to a hamam for us which was wonderful! The Riad had a lovely rooftop where we could relax after a day of sightseeing. Omar even made us breakfast when we woke up which was great! We wish we could have stayed longer!