Riad So Cheap So Chic Reviews

Derb Dabachi, 38 Derb Moulay Abdelkader Medina Mar, Marrakech, Morocco

The hotel was overbooked so they changed me to another hotel 2 streets away. I was absolutely satisfied with my stay there and the manner of handling the problem. Nice patio of the riad so cheap so chic with a small pool and relaxing area

We had a great time at the hostel, the staff was extremely helpful, the Riad is lovely. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Very nice hostel! We really enjoyed our stay at Riad "So Cheap So Chic"! The courtyard is very beautiful and really the best to relax and recover from the noises and the stress on Marrakech's streets :) I would also recommend to take the breakfast at the roof terrace where you've got a great view over the atlas mountains!

• 31st Mar 2015

Without telling us the airport pick-up dropped us of at a totally different Riad in a totally different location. This Riad was good. It was clean and comfortable. But it didn't have a pool like the description of So Cheap So Chic said. If you want to book this hostel because of its facilities, I wouldn't do it because you don't know where you'll end up. That being said, we were satisfied with the hostel we ended up in.

Toilet / Shower room facilities could be improved with a little thought. Visited in January accommodation was warm enough by the use of additional heater.One step above hostel accommodation at a similar cost.

I really liked the courtyard and the rooftop of this hostel. Very beautiful, although not that clean. You shouldn't go there and expect the same standards than the ones of your country but after the first day you get used to it and start to like it. The breakfast is nothing special, close to the hostel is a really nice cafe where they offer for the same price a better one. The hostel's location is very central, close to the biggest square where we ate everytime.

• 17th Feb 2014

When we arrived the hostel they sent us to another hostel. Originally the staff said clearly that we could have the breakfast for free, but when we finished the breakfast the staff charged us the money. We were really angry about that.

I was so Happy with my stay at the sister riad of so chic,which was just around the corner ... I requested twin beds on my arrival so was taken to the other place..Wow that was my luck! How wonderful was this riad so clean, so beautiful and such wonderful staff. To be honest I did not want to leave and I shall be booking again soon as possible..Many thanks for my wonderful stay I highly recommend this place..

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We had a great stay at So Cheap So Chic. The hostels common areas are huge, and the rooms were very well presented with their own bathrooms. The staff were friendly and the location was great. It was so nice to come back after a hot day exploring Marrakech and have this place to relax in....not really a place for lone travelers as the rooms cater for small groups and couples, but if you fit into either of these categories i wouldn't stay anywhere else.

We were sent to the sister property, which turned out to be much nicer. TOWELS ARE INCLUDED, despite what it tells you.

Quality and size of rooms really varies. We spent several nights in different rooms at So Chaep So Chic, using it our base during trips to other cities. While the first room was way too small for the 3 of us, the second was fantastic. Third we were given a room in a partner riad 5 mins walk from the hostel. Rooms were ok but that place's character was less chamring. Breakfast is not a good deal. For 3 EUR, you get bread, jam, honey, butter and cheese. That's it.

Nice hostel right in the centre of the old town in Marrakech. Big courtyard and nice roof terrace. Our room was big and tidy, restroom was clean and everything was beautiful. There's also a baby cat in the hostel who's a frequent visitor in the guest rooms ;)

The staff of the hostel were very friendly. The location is perfect and, although can be a bit hard to find

A nice place to stay with helpful staff. Location is excellent and despite being just off the main drag and noisy square the courtyard is an oasis of calm.

• 8th Aug 2012

The staff here are lovely and accommodating. Though the brekky lady doesn't speak English, she's very nice.. The manager is not often in, but when we did meet her she was exceptionally helpful. The pool here is awesome!! We used it 3 times a day! Hard to find, but great location. Would definitely recommend.

Good Location in old town near Jemaa El Fna square. Dificult to find it the day you arrive. Breakfast included but no facilities on having it before fixed time

• 17th Mar 2012
  • Spain

This hostel was phenomenal! It was exactly what I was looking for-- peaceful and quiet but close to everything; inexpensive, but clean, understated, and beautifully decorated. The lovely courtyard smells like the orange and lemon trees planted there, and the rooftop terrace has great views. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly, without being at all pushy. I stayed for three nights in a private room and could not have been happier.

Really nice hostel, very convenient location, helpful staff.

• 5th Feb 2012

We went in January, it was warm enough during the day but quite cold in the evenings & the rooms don't have heating. Apart from that, the hostel is considerably clean (would recommend to book an ensuite nonetheless), only 3mins walk from the main square, the staff is very friendly, but don't speak English - so make sure to brush up on your French! One negative point:we asked for a guide for the souks & although we gave 2 days notice, they didn't manage to organise one. Overall - recommendable!

• 19th Jan 2012

I thought the place was really nice, it was cheap and in a great location. The large dorm room was great, no bunk beds. The only downsides were the place lacked a bit of atmosphere if you were looking to meet fellow travelers, and the place wasn't managed that well, it needed a manager to be there full time.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7