Riad Verus Reviews

1 Derb Arset Bennis, Batha, Medina, Fez, Morocco

Love Road Versus! Great atmosphere, great location and great staff! 100% recommend.

Everything was wonderful, I dont have a single thing to complain about this hostel. I recommend it 100%, no doubt!

• 17th Feb 2015

Even though I just had booked 2 nights I ended up staying 4. Very nice arquitecture and staff. The charming common room really stands out as a gathering place. One of the better hostels I have ever been to.

Thanks for the tuna!

The Riad is conveniently location close to Batha Fountain. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. They do not provide keys for your room but I have not issues with security there. They say the have Cameras in the whole building. The Riad is nice clean and in pretty good condition, eventhough the linnen were smelly. Trowels were not provided nor toilet pape. Anyways I consider worth the money.

I spent 3 days there and mixed feeling. The place and localization are nice but the staff is not great. They are just here to make money and they show it obviously. They organized a NY's Eve for the clients where they promised a delicious diner which was actually a bad quality Tajine. They played music loudly in the patio and didn't care about our remarks. We felt hosted by the owner and we had to follow his way of doing things. We didn't feel clients. Staff argued often in front of us.

I have nothing but good things to say about this hostel . Excellent location , excellent staff and the rooms were fantastic. Laura the night manager was really cool and spent time with us telling us about the city . The only minor shortcoming was that there was a leak / plumbing issue in our bathroom so the floor was wet the entire time . But I would definitely go back again .

The atmosphere here is very enjoyable and all the staffs I met were hospitable. The food we tried in the restaurant recommended by them was decent, but the price could have been slightly inflated. The guided tour around the medina is not highly recommended since the information provided by the guide was pretty limited.

Although the Riad was in a unique location near the heart of the Medina, we had some issues that were poorly handled by staff. Not to mention that I coudn't take a single shower with hot water. And they should seriously consider changing the time frame for breakfast (9:30 - 11 AM), which makes impossible any attempt to leave at a decent time in the morning, in case you wanted to get the most out of the day.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Very friendly staff willing to let you relax a bit with tea after arriving. Site and office door state the hostel takes credit card when it's not true. If you work out a way to take credit; even if you charge the guest the service fee, I think a lot would be willing and prefer to use credit card. Hostel ratings will go up. Best breakfast I had at a Moroccan hostel (kudos for including cooked egg & yoghurt). Would like to see better care for the turtles; honestly sad. Cold shower water in morning

Really good hostel! The staff is kind, but a little bit "lost". The tour with their guide Mohamed is awesome.

weired rules about entrance and deposit and wired owner...It was a feeling shared with all the other guests. Anyway we did not have any problem.

When you stay at a hostel in Morocco you expect that it's going to be your safe haven from all the people on the street trying to rip you off, instead when we stayed there they were the ones who ripped us off the most. The tours they organised were all scamming us too The music they play until late, end up driving everyone to their rooms instead of helping them to socialise. Please don't stay here stay somewhere where they will look after you, where you won't be ripped off.

Very nice hostel, but strange rules. Also, the night I stayed at that hostel all guests were told to leave the common area because the receptionist has to go to bed at midnight (on the couch in the common area), Also terrace was closed, so somehwat really weird. Apart from that, I can recommend this hostel.

I ended up booking into this hostel because I arrived in Fes early and was sick. The first 2 nights were okay the last was horrible. Loud music till 7 am is not okay. If they offer to run out and get something for you just do it yourself it's cheaper because they charge you triple. Also I had booked here because it said they took credit cards but their machine was broken and they were very unaccommodating. Check out was a hassle as the staff in that morning spoke little English.

Staying here was the best choice i could ever made, the staff is awesome and also the owner! i had a really good time. Also the beds are very confortable and its tea time always! i absolutely recomend it :)

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

I loved that the Hostel represents so much the culture of Morocco. The architecture, the rooms decoration, the furniture… Everything makes the own hostel a touristic point. it is beautiful to see. The bedroom was clean, and had everything I needed. The workers are adorable and receptive. The breakfast was delicious, and at night, the sounds at the lounge make the atmosphere really nice. Staying at the Riad Verus made my trip to Fez perfect.

• 6th Nov 2014

There are additional taxes not listed so prices are misleading. There are a few deals offered, be aware that need to pay tax

Hostel manager was awful. There are a lot of confusion with booking: you book one type of room and on arrival you get the other one (cheaper, by the way), when you try to find out the situation hostel manager starts shouting on you. Plus on arrival you need to pay some mysterious taxes which were't pointed during the hostel booking. And awful music extremely loud playing almost the whole night and it is really hard to fall asleep.

Riad Verus was a great experience by Moroccan standards. As a foreign visitor you need to understand that the tourist economy here means that everyone... everyone... is trying to get commissions by referring you to their favorite tours, restaurants, and Riad's. The staff at Riad Verus was very friendly, and after making their best effort to sell us a tour, politely dropped the issue. We got along great after that!

• 16th Oct 2014