Riad Verus Reviews

1 Derb Arset Bennis, Batha, Medina, Fez, Morocco

Definitely the nicest Riad I've been to in Morocco. The staff makes you feel welcomed from the first to the very last moment. Noor and the staff were the greatest and made sure we had the best time in Fez. The architecture and deco of the place are breathtaking, the bathrooms are the cleanest and....well you get the point. It's AMAZING. Book it now, don't even look anywhere else.

The best thing about the hostel is the other backpackers you'll meet. This could have been a good hostel but the building needs work. The lobby area is beautifully decorated. However, the rooms and bathrooms need improvements. Leaks were an issue and the room I stayed in had blood colored stains on the floor and what appeared to be old blood spots on the sheets. The staff is nice enough but I would not stay here again.

• 5th Apr 2015

RIAD VERUS was a 100% top choice in fes, thank you to all the nice sweet staff who made sure we all had a super time, we loved all the things to do, how it was so clean and spacious and how we felt safe at the place and around the area. Look forward to coming back to Fes next month and for sure will be staying here.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Lovely hostel with a great location. Breakfast was awesome Nice vibe at night on the terrace Actviites to keep you busy Sunbathing on terrace, hot bodies Discount to the pool close by Highly recommended!

• 30th Mar 2015

I did not stay at this hostel because I had to cancel my trip to Morocco. However the staff is wonderful. Canceling my hostel through Hostel World was a bit of a hassle but the staff was really helpful. They canceled the booking for me with no trouble and did not charge me any fees.

• 27th Mar 2015

Great place, the breakfast was a highlight. The roof terrace and courtyard decor were very cool too. Just make sure you know how to get there because it is a bit tricky and Fez is literally a maze.

Great atmosphere, great location and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I recommend it 100%.

Beautiful Riad built in 1379. Difficult to get to if it is your first time in Fez, but I think every hostel would be the same in that respect. The riad was extremely comfortable with a beautiful rooftop terrace. Immediately upon arriving we were greeted with hot mint tea and checked in, despite being early. We told the staff we were hungry and we were then paired with a guide that took us to a trusted restaurant. Huge help. We loved our stay.

• 28th Feb 2015

Love Road Versus! Great atmosphere, great location and great staff! 100% recommend.

Everything was wonderful, I dont have a single thing to complain about this hostel. I recommend it 100%, no doubt!

• 17th Feb 2015

Even though I just had booked 2 nights I ended up staying 4. Very nice arquitecture and staff. The charming common room really stands out as a gathering place. One of the better hostels I have ever been to.

Thanks for the tuna!

The Riad is conveniently location close to Batha Fountain. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. They do not provide keys for your room but I have not issues with security there. They say the have Cameras in the whole building. The Riad is nice clean and in pretty good condition, eventhough the linnen were smelly. Trowels were not provided nor toilet pape. Anyways I consider worth the money.

I spent 3 days there and mixed feeling. The place and localization are nice but the staff is not great. They are just here to make money and they show it obviously. They organized a NY's Eve for the clients where they promised a delicious diner which was actually a bad quality Tajine. They played music loudly in the patio and didn't care about our remarks. We felt hosted by the owner and we had to follow his way of doing things. We didn't feel clients. Staff argued often in front of us.

I have nothing but good things to say about this hostel . Excellent location , excellent staff and the rooms were fantastic. Laura the night manager was really cool and spent time with us telling us about the city . The only minor shortcoming was that there was a leak / plumbing issue in our bathroom so the floor was wet the entire time . But I would definitely go back again .

The atmosphere here is very enjoyable and all the staffs I met were hospitable. The food we tried in the restaurant recommended by them was decent, but the price could have been slightly inflated. The guided tour around the medina is not highly recommended since the information provided by the guide was pretty limited.

Although the Riad was in a unique location near the heart of the Medina, we had some issues that were poorly handled by staff. Not to mention that I coudn't take a single shower with hot water. And they should seriously consider changing the time frame for breakfast (9:30 - 11 AM), which makes impossible any attempt to leave at a decent time in the morning, in case you wanted to get the most out of the day.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Very friendly staff willing to let you relax a bit with tea after arriving. Site and office door state the hostel takes credit card when it's not true. If you work out a way to take credit; even if you charge the guest the service fee, I think a lot would be willing and prefer to use credit card. Hostel ratings will go up. Best breakfast I had at a Moroccan hostel (kudos for including cooked egg & yoghurt). Would like to see better care for the turtles; honestly sad. Cold shower water in morning

Really good hostel! The staff is kind, but a little bit "lost". The tour with their guide Mohamed is awesome.

weired rules about entrance and deposit and wired owner...It was a feeling shared with all the other guests. Anyway we did not have any problem.