Riad Verus

9.3
Superb 1132 Total Reviews

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
13th Feb 2017

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at Riad Verus. The hostel is extremely clean and well maintained with super helpful staff - it almost feels like a BnB rather than a hostel. The location is perfect, just 5 minutes from the main entrance to the market. The only issue we had was inconsistent wifi. Sometimes it would work well and other times the networks would appear to be connected but would not work. That being said, we didn't have good internet anywhere in Morocco so its not a dealbreaker.

thanks for the great rating and we are so pleased you had a really enjoyable stay at The Verus with us, location as you rightly say is spot on and the cleanliness and the high maintenance of the property makes the surroundings lush and very high quality. As for the Wifi we do have the fastest coverage possible despite being in a medieval city and i can assure you this is the first time i have read a comment as such, perhaps they were doing maintenance to the line as i find the download speeds second to none throughout the whole property.

• Poland, All Female Group, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

Everything was amazing! Staff is super nice and helpful, they create a really cool atmosphere there. Breakfast they provide is really good. Also it's very clean and in a good location. Would definitely stay there again!

So happy you had an amazing stay and that you loved the ambience in our cool hip Riad, that it was lovely and clean and you found the location to be excellent and would happily come back again!

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
5th Feb 2017

Great place to stay and had a great start here of my backpack adventure in Morocco. The atmosphere is great. When I needed to print my boarding pass at the end of my trip they did so for me, eventhough I was staying at another hostel (Riad Verus was fully booked) and I came in late at night. This is something of which I feel that it deserves special mention. Thanks for the help with my boarding pass!

It was our pleasure having you to stay and we are so glad you came back to visit us, despite not being able to get a reservation with us as we were fully booked. Do hope to see you again, do let us know in advance for your dates!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
28th Jan 2017

I cannot recommend Riyad Verus enough. The hostel itself is incredibly beautiful, the breakfast provided is excellent, and the view of Fes from the rooftop terrace is amazing. The best part about this hostel is the people who work here; Yusuf especially always went out of his way to help guests (he walked me to and from the hammam, picked up my bus tickets, organised my transport). The staff were all very knowledgeable about things to do in Morocco. I booked two nights but stayed seven.

thanks for the great shout out to the Riad Verus staff! - we are so pleased you loved breakfast, the beauty of the hostel, the amazing view and all the services provided.

• charleshill4119
  • USA, Male, 18-24
28th Jan 2017

Fantastic hostel! Lovely staff and delicious breakfast. The hostel itself was beautiful; would highly recommend.

Delighted to read that you loved our Riad Verus and the staff and our delicious breakfast, that the hostel is so beautiful and you would recommend staying here to all!

27th Jan 2017

I'm not sure if I've EVER given a perfect 10 on Hostelworld, but this place deserves it in my opinion. While the experience was helped by the fact all the other guests were awesome, the hostel is fantastic. Security is good with a secured front door and lockers. Location is right in the medina and everything is pretty walkable. The staff are absolutely awesome; go to the hammam if you are feeling adventurous. Clean and STUNNING property that looks like the pictures. Breakfast is delicious.

Thanks a million for the sterling review, this is what we aim for with all our guests and we are more than excited you would give us a perfect 10 and loved the secure location, the internal security, the location, the cleanliness, the beauty of the Riad and the delicious breakfast, aswell as the fact we attract pretty rad clients!

• Spain, Mixed Group, 25-30
27th Jan 2017

This was by far the best hostel I stayed in in Morocco. Friendly staff, clean rooms, hospitable, great breakfasts, extremely nice, comfortable beds, helpful and knowledgable about Fes/the medina... did I mention that the staff is wonderful? They really seemed to want to ensure my stay was great. Honestly, I would give them a 12/10 if I could, for they went above and beyond what I could imagine from a hostel, especially when compared to the others I've used.

Delighted to know that you thought that the @Riad_Verus was the best hostel in Morocco and you found our team to be so friendly, caring, knowledgable about Fes and the Ancient Medina, helpful and genuinely interested in making sure you were having the best time possible, that the rooms were so clean, the beds comfortable and exceeded all your expectations on what a hostel would be like! Thats ACE.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
26th Jan 2017

Riad Verus is probably the most beautiful hostel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in! The staff was so friendly and helpful. Youssef helped my friend and I buy bus tickets, gave us restaurant recommendations, and gave us directions. The breakfast also totally exceeded my expectations: a bowl of fruit with yogurt, orange juice, coffee/tea, many different kinds of bread, and a dessert! There is a terrace with a great panoramic view of the city as well. I can't wait to return!

So happy to read you had a lovely stay and thought our Riad Verus was the most beautiful hostel you have ever stayed in, that our breakfast totally exceeded your expectations, that the terraces were so fab and the views breathtaking, I think we may have the best Medina view in Fes even! and that you found our staff were so helpful when it came to organisation, fetching tickets, giving directions and being concierge extra-ordinaires!

• Poland, Male, 31-40
26th Jan 2017

One of the best hostels I ever stayed! Super nice staff. always helpful, when I lost something they called the contacts. when I got headache thay get me a medicine. when I need a ticket, advice, hamam - they always get it. Super tast and frech breakfast. One of the best places in the hostel is of course the peacefull riad, with high high ceiling, little fountain and birds signing, and second nice place is the terrase with a nice view 360 degree. I will come back to Fez to this hostel! Piotr

Thanks so much for posting your review and we are so happy you felt so well looked after and all your needs were met, you loved the Riad, the breakfast, the staff and the beauty of the setting.

25th Jan 2017

lovely spot. good breakfast. great staff. close to the medina. thanks again to yousef for taking me and two other dudes to this VERY authentic hammam. really great (and different) experience. room was comfortable! i booked a 4 person room and ended up just sharing it with one other person who was really rad.

Thanks for the great shout out, it was awesome having you to stay and we loved your vibe and how you were so keen to enjoy Fes and all the wonders it holds and get involved in the activities on offer like the hammam which is a one in a life time experience especially if it was Yussefs hammam he has been going to all his life, has to be lived to be believed!