Riad Verus Reviews

1 Derb Arset Bennis, Batha, Medina, Fez, Morocco

Top choice for small wallets. Plenty to do. Places to relax. Lots of plants greenery. Easy location for taxis to get to and it's well known by locals. Wished we had had a longer stay and done some of the spa treatments. Great homemade food served for lunch and dinner. Water pipes avàilable. Non smoking areas and smoke free rooms which was a breathe of fresh air literally in morocco. Polite abiding team of staff. Air con in dorms. Thanks.

• New Zealand

Totally loved our time in this fun loving riad hostel. Staff were fun to be around and were either native English or spoke English to a very high level. Plus there is a woman manager do you feel safe as a girl and the owner noor was overseeing all of them and help ok g guests out with desert tours and guided vista around fes. If this is yr first te I would strongly recommend one of their tours of the old city as it is impossible to negocio te all those streets alone. Beds were to a a1 standard

• 27th Jun 2015

It was really nice to stay there. Had only one night in Riad Verus but it was amazing to be near all the hidden places in the medina.

• Sweden

The bed had no sheets just a dirty matress cover which was covered in pubic hair and winnets, nothing was properly cleaned, there was cockroaches running about the place, the upstairs toilet has no sink to wash yourself afterwards, don't expect any peace either as the manager will play loud music all evening and night. If you are going to stay in fes do not stay here even if you can't book anywhere else, there was plenty of clean well looked after riads in fes el bali which arent on the internet

• 21st Jun 2015

The vibes were really cool and felt welcoming at first. However, in the evening, we were served drinks and the owner chose not to tell us the price until after we had quite a few. They were way overpriced and we were also asked to pay for our rooms that night-- since when do you pay a hotel/hostel for your stay before checkout???? It's a pretty cool place, just don't ask for anything, you might have to pay for it... :/

• 22nd May 2015
  • India

The building itself is amazing and worth staying there just to see an authentic Riad. The location is good close to the medina but there are always dodgey characters hanging around the alley the hostel is on. The guy who greeted me was nice but the owner seemed to be a bit of a swindler he lied to me twice, when other guests asked him to turn down the music he left it on all night (til 4:30) just to annoy them. Also the hostel charges 70dh to the station but I got a taxi for 20dh

I didn't appreciate the tour guide proposed by this hostel: the tour guide was not goog!! :-(

I stayed for one night. It was fine. The staff was nice and helpful, the location is good and if you follow there derictions you will find it right away. The only thing is they like to stay up late and party and are therefore lazy in the morning. Breakfast starts at 9:30 what is quite late for travelling and I even had to wake them up and ask for it.

Nice riad in fez. The host is a really funny guy. He knows how to relax, play, pleasure the geusts. Riad is really beautiful. Really. It's located urban of medina. It's easy to find cause the riad has a video to guide. I really like that. The facility is perfect but the toilet is a little bit small.

Hostel is located outside the main entrance of the medina, ~5 minute walk. Nice common room ambiance and free breakfast. One thing to note: they blast electronic music until 12am. (DJ is quite good.) They do mention this in their description, so don't be surprised.

+ great free breakfast + very big and cool decor - the washrooms are tiny and temperamental -the walking tour is more expensive than other hostels -doors to rooms do not lock -there is a tourist tax applied to each night you stay there

Definitely the nicest Riad I've been to in Morocco. The staff makes you feel welcomed from the first to the very last moment. Noor and the staff were the greatest and made sure we had the best time in Fez. The architecture and deco of the place are breathtaking, the bathrooms are the cleanest and....well you get the point. It's AMAZING. Book it now, don't even look anywhere else.

The best thing about the hostel is the other backpackers you'll meet. This could have been a good hostel but the building needs work. The lobby area is beautifully decorated. However, the rooms and bathrooms need improvements. Leaks were an issue and the room I stayed in had blood colored stains on the floor and what appeared to be old blood spots on the sheets. The staff is nice enough but I would not stay here again.

• 5th Apr 2015

RIAD VERUS was a 100% top choice in fes, thank you to all the nice sweet staff who made sure we all had a super time, we loved all the things to do, how it was so clean and spacious and how we felt safe at the place and around the area. Look forward to coming back to Fes next month and for sure will be staying here.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Lovely hostel with a great location. Breakfast was awesome Nice vibe at night on the terrace Actviites to keep you busy Sunbathing on terrace, hot bodies Discount to the pool close by Highly recommended!

• 30th Mar 2015

I did not stay at this hostel because I had to cancel my trip to Morocco. However the staff is wonderful. Canceling my hostel through Hostel World was a bit of a hassle but the staff was really helpful. They canceled the booking for me with no trouble and did not charge me any fees.

• 27th Mar 2015

Great place, the breakfast was a highlight. The roof terrace and courtyard decor were very cool too. Just make sure you know how to get there because it is a bit tricky and Fez is literally a maze.

Great atmosphere, great location and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I recommend it 100%.

Beautiful Riad built in 1379. Difficult to get to if it is your first time in Fez, but I think every hostel would be the same in that respect. The riad was extremely comfortable with a beautiful rooftop terrace. Immediately upon arriving we were greeted with hot mint tea and checked in, despite being early. We told the staff we were hungry and we were then paired with a guide that took us to a trusted restaurant. Huge help. We loved our stay.

• 28th Feb 2015

Love Road Versus! Great atmosphere, great location and great staff! 100% recommend.