Riad Verus Reviews

1 Derb Arset Bennis, Batha, Medina, Fez, Morocco

Kitchen is not clean.

• 26th Jul 2015

Great building but just an average staff and quite expensive prices for the drinks (15 dh for a bottle of water, 30 dh for a tiny 0,24l beer). The small lamps next to each bed in the dorms are a good idea but only two out of four were working. Very humid bathroom on the ground floor.the entrance door has plenty of locks but is almost broken. Breakfast only from 09:30.

More organization within the staff so that guest would not have problems like mine. Arrange an emergency phone number which works and let staff more informed.

We intended to stay at this hostel for 2 nights but ended up staying 4, we were warmly welcomed with tea. Overall out stay was pleasant the building was beatiful and kept nice and clean. In the beginning it was hard for us to fing our way around the medina bit after a few failed attempts we allways found our way. All in all a nice location with kind people !

• 20th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel was a really normal one, recommend, quite clean, safe and with good location. The staff was polite, I just don't understand how this hostel got so good scores, they have trophies saying they won as the best hostel in Afrika and one of the best in the world. The hostel is ok, but definitely wasn't the best that I ever stayed. In general my experience there was very good, so I recommend If you are in middle budged (the place is expensive) and want hang with more people, ppy if u r alon

Dead cockroach in the shower. Speaking of the shower; pressure would be nice. Don't ask for food there because will overcharge you considerably and will take forever to make. Better bet is going out to eat.

Top choice for small wallets. Plenty to do. Places to relax. Lots of plants greenery. Easy location for taxis to get to and it's well known by locals. Wished we had had a longer stay and done some of the spa treatments. Great homemade food served for lunch and dinner. Water pipes avàilable. Non smoking areas and smoke free rooms which was a breathe of fresh air literally in morocco. Polite abiding team of staff. Air con in dorms. Thanks.

• New Zealand

Totally loved our time in this fun loving riad hostel. Staff were fun to be around and were either native English or spoke English to a very high level. Plus there is a woman manager do you feel safe as a girl and the owner noor was overseeing all of them and help ok g guests out with desert tours and guided vista around fes. If this is yr first te I would strongly recommend one of their tours of the old city as it is impossible to negocio te all those streets alone. Beds were to a a1 standard

• 27th Jun 2015

It was really nice to stay there. Had only one night in Riad Verus but it was amazing to be near all the hidden places in the medina.

• Sweden

The staffs are not very helpful. Because I didn't have too much y time, I want to check as fast as I can then explore the city. The staffs was taking their time. It run out of maps during my stsy. When I asked for restaurant suggestions, he said go yo the main gate and you will find something. Asked which one is good, the answer is, if you see there are a lot of tourists eating inside, that's a good one. Not helpful at all.

The bed had no sheets just a dirty matress cover which was covered in pubic hair and winnets, nothing was properly cleaned, there was cockroaches running about the place, the upstairs toilet has no sink to wash yourself afterwards, don't expect any peace either as the manager will play loud music all evening and night. If you are going to stay in fes do not stay here even if you can't book anywhere else, there was plenty of clean well looked after riads in fes el bali which arent on the internet

• 21st Jun 2015

The vibes were really cool and felt welcoming at first. However, in the evening, we were served drinks and the owner chose not to tell us the price until after we had quite a few. They were way overpriced and we were also asked to pay for our rooms that night-- since when do you pay a hotel/hostel for your stay before checkout???? It's a pretty cool place, just don't ask for anything, you might have to pay for it... :/

• 22nd May 2015
  • India

The building itself is amazing and worth staying there just to see an authentic Riad. The location is good close to the medina but there are always dodgey characters hanging around the alley the hostel is on. The guy who greeted me was nice but the owner seemed to be a bit of a swindler he lied to me twice, when other guests asked him to turn down the music he left it on all night (til 4:30) just to annoy them. Also the hostel charges 70dh to the station but I got a taxi for 20dh

I didn't appreciate the tour guide proposed by this hostel: the tour guide was not goog!! :-(

I stayed for one night. It was fine. The staff was nice and helpful, the location is good and if you follow there derictions you will find it right away. The only thing is they like to stay up late and party and are therefore lazy in the morning. Breakfast starts at 9:30 what is quite late for travelling and I even had to wake them up and ask for it.

Nice riad in fez. The host is a really funny guy. He knows how to relax, play, pleasure the geusts. Riad is really beautiful. Really. It's located urban of medina. It's easy to find cause the riad has a video to guide. I really like that. The facility is perfect but the toilet is a little bit small.

Hostel is located outside the main entrance of the medina, ~5 minute walk. Nice common room ambiance and free breakfast. One thing to note: they blast electronic music until 12am. (DJ is quite good.) They do mention this in their description, so don't be surprised.

+ great free breakfast + very big and cool decor - the washrooms are tiny and temperamental -the walking tour is more expensive than other hostels -doors to rooms do not lock -there is a tourist tax applied to each night you stay there

Definitely the nicest Riad I've been to in Morocco. The staff makes you feel welcomed from the first to the very last moment. Noor and the staff were the greatest and made sure we had the best time in Fez. The architecture and deco of the place are breathtaking, the bathrooms are the cleanest and....well you get the point. It's AMAZING. Book it now, don't even look anywhere else.

The best thing about the hostel is the other backpackers you'll meet. This could have been a good hostel but the building needs work. The lobby area is beautifully decorated. However, the rooms and bathrooms need improvements. Leaks were an issue and the room I stayed in had blood colored stains on the floor and what appeared to be old blood spots on the sheets. The staff is nice enough but I would not stay here again.

• 5th Apr 2015