Riad Verus Reviews

1 Derb Arset Bennis, Batha, Medina, Fez, Morocco

Staff wasn't too friendly nor helpful. Atmosphere was also odd- no one seemed to be talking.

A friend and I recently got back from our first trip to Morocco and loved Fez! Thanks again to Riad Verus for being so accomodating and helpful and making our trip all the merrier! Noor, Mohamed, and the rest of the staff treated us very well and the riad was like home. The main reception room and the terrace are fabulous just to hang out in and the city itself is much calmer and locally oriented than other big cities in Morocco. I would love to visit it again! *Thumbs Up!*

• 22nd Aug 2015

When you first enter it seems like the perfect escape, but as it goes on it unveils as a completely unsafe. First off my booking was "lost", which seemed harmless enough until multiple other backpackers showed up with their bookings being "lost" as well. The manager on top of being shady/drunk/high stayed out partying most nights and people who were staying there would be locked out in the alley. Owner rips you off on everything- do not trust his prices, I think he gets commission. SKETCHY P

Good standard hostel, not particularly secure at night. Does not have a bar as stated and bit of a strange atmosphere. Well located - once you've found it!

• 16th Aug 2015

I have stayed in Riad Verus for three separate times during my three week trip. I have to say that this hostel is by far the best in terms of accommodation and service and its no surprise that it has been ranked so high. The atmosphere was always great, you feel like in your own home as soon as you walk in, and there is always a hot cup of tea awaiting your arrival. Also, the owner of the hostel is a very laid-back and cool guy. Would definitely come back again! Thank you Nour for everything! :)

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Serbia

CAUTION!! Taxes of 100% The price can be up to the double of the indicated price! The advice appears in your bill but after "Total:___" and befor booking it appears between many services and policies (of cause with a little checkmark) In the same day it happend to 2 others that they didn`t see it. The only one who could change this frequently repeated error is the staff in comunication with the page!!

I read the reviews before I stayed here and was apprehensive, but I can say that this hostel was by far one of the better hostels I have stayed at in the last 6 months travelling. Beds were really good, bathrooms were great, air conditioned rooms, the Riad was very cool and had a great atmosphere. I arrived with food poisoning and the owner really helped me out a lot. I would definitely stay here again, and I wanted to stay longer. I recommend staying here, despite some other stupid reviews

Best rate we found for fes. The dorm had air con and was ensuite. You need this when it's 40 degrees outside. Felt safe and a nice international crew of other travelers. Melting pot. Cheap meals on offer. Tours to desert are advertised here and also they organize cooking school and henna tats. Overall great address.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Easy to see why this is an award winning hostel. Stunning property done up by artisan Nour. Throbs energy and it was perfect place to spend summer nights in fes. Recommend taking a beer on the VIP terrace for incredible twilight views over the old city. Magical.

• 1st Aug 2015

Kitchen is not clean.

• 26th Jul 2015

The breakfast was great. Amazing views from the terrace. Really good price (50 dh) for a bed dorm. Recommended!

Great building but just an average staff and quite expensive prices for the drinks (15 dh for a bottle of water, 30 dh for a tiny 0,24l beer). The small lamps next to each bed in the dorms are a good idea but only two out of four were working. Very humid bathroom on the ground floor.the entrance door has plenty of locks but is almost broken. Breakfast only from 09:30.

More organization within the staff so that guest would not have problems like mine. Arrange an emergency phone number which works and let staff more informed.

We intended to stay at this hostel for 2 nights but ended up staying 4, we were warmly welcomed with tea. Overall out stay was pleasant the building was beatiful and kept nice and clean. In the beginning it was hard for us to fing our way around the medina bit after a few failed attempts we allways found our way. All in all a nice location with kind people !

• 20th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel was a really normal one, recommend, quite clean, safe and with good location. The staff was polite, I just don't understand how this hostel got so good scores, they have trophies saying they won as the best hostel in Afrika and one of the best in the world. The hostel is ok, but definitely wasn't the best that I ever stayed. In general my experience there was very good, so I recommend If you are in middle budged (the place is expensive) and want hang with more people, ppy if u r alon

Dead cockroach in the shower. Speaking of the shower; pressure would be nice. Don't ask for food there because will overcharge you considerably and will take forever to make. Better bet is going out to eat.

Really liked this hostel overall. fes is a maze so they were really good about making sure we didn't get lost which was extremely helpful. very good value for money and the staff was super helpfull with any issues we had or needed help with. Wouldn't recommend the daytrip, it was pretty expensive and not that fun but not the end of the world. The walking tour was good but they take you to places that, while they are super interesting and a part of fes, also pressure you into buying things.

Top choice for small wallets. Plenty to do. Places to relax. Lots of plants greenery. Easy location for taxis to get to and it's well known by locals. Wished we had had a longer stay and done some of the spa treatments. Great homemade food served for lunch and dinner. Water pipes avàilable. Non smoking areas and smoke free rooms which was a breathe of fresh air literally in morocco. Polite abiding team of staff. Air con in dorms. Thanks.

• New Zealand

Totally loved our time in this fun loving riad hostel. Staff were fun to be around and were either native English or spoke English to a very high level. Plus there is a woman manager do you feel safe as a girl and the owner noor was overseeing all of them and help ok g guests out with desert tours and guided vista around fes. If this is yr first te I would strongly recommend one of their tours of the old city as it is impossible to negocio te all those streets alone. Beds were to a a1 standard

• 27th Jun 2015

It was really nice to stay there. Had only one night in Riad Verus but it was amazing to be near all the hidden places in the medina.

• Sweden