Riad Verus Reviews

1 Derb Arset Bennis, Batha, Medina, Fez, Morocco

We intended to stay at this hostel for 2 nights but ended up staying 4, we were warmly welcomed with tea. Overall out stay was pleasant the building was beatiful and kept nice and clean. In the beginning it was hard for us to fing our way around the medina bit after a few failed attempts we allways found our way. All in all a nice location with kind people !

• 20th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel was a really normal one, recommend, quite clean, safe and with good location. The staff was polite, I just don't understand how this hostel got so good scores, they have trophies saying they won as the best hostel in Afrika and one of the best in the world. The hostel is ok, but definitely wasn't the best that I ever stayed. In general my experience there was very good, so I recommend If you are in middle budged (the place is expensive) and want hang with more people, ppy if u r alon

Dead cockroach in the shower. Speaking of the shower; pressure would be nice. Don't ask for food there because will overcharge you considerably and will take forever to make. Better bet is going out to eat.

Really liked this hostel overall. fes is a maze so they were really good about making sure we didn't get lost which was extremely helpful. very good value for money and the staff was super helpfull with any issues we had or needed help with. Wouldn't recommend the daytrip, it was pretty expensive and not that fun but not the end of the world. The walking tour was good but they take you to places that, while they are super interesting and a part of fes, also pressure you into buying things.

Top choice for small wallets. Plenty to do. Places to relax. Lots of plants greenery. Easy location for taxis to get to and it's well known by locals. Wished we had had a longer stay and done some of the spa treatments. Great homemade food served for lunch and dinner. Water pipes avàilable. Non smoking areas and smoke free rooms which was a breathe of fresh air literally in morocco. Polite abiding team of staff. Air con in dorms. Thanks.

• New Zealand

Totally loved our time in this fun loving riad hostel. Staff were fun to be around and were either native English or spoke English to a very high level. Plus there is a woman manager do you feel safe as a girl and the owner noor was overseeing all of them and help ok g guests out with desert tours and guided vista around fes. If this is yr first te I would strongly recommend one of their tours of the old city as it is impossible to negocio te all those streets alone. Beds were to a a1 standard

• 27th Jun 2015

It was really nice to stay there. Had only one night in Riad Verus but it was amazing to be near all the hidden places in the medina.

• Sweden

The staffs are not very helpful. Because I didn't have too much y time, I want to check as fast as I can then explore the city. The staffs was taking their time. It run out of maps during my stsy. When I asked for restaurant suggestions, he said go yo the main gate and you will find something. Asked which one is good, the answer is, if you see there are a lot of tourists eating inside, that's a good one. Not helpful at all.

The bed had no sheets just a dirty matress cover which was covered in pubic hair and winnets, nothing was properly cleaned, there was cockroaches running about the place, the upstairs toilet has no sink to wash yourself afterwards, don't expect any peace either as the manager will play loud music all evening and night. If you are going to stay in fes do not stay here even if you can't book anywhere else, there was plenty of clean well looked after riads in fes el bali which arent on the internet

• 21st Jun 2015