Riad Verus Reviews

1 Derb Arset Bennis, Batha, Medina, Fez, Morocco

High Five for one rocking place to stay in Fes, was even my favorite hostel in Morocco. So many of the places we stayed had no hot water so it was a blessing to be somewhere with great plumbing (heard that it had just been re-piped) and where you got free towels and robes and a locker in the room for stuff. ACE TERRACE. Great staff, busy atmosphere and plenty to do plus many free events in the evenings you are welcome to join in on. Had my henna done here and got a berber 4 hand massage...wow!

• 5th Jun 2013

Loved my stay here, was treated very well by both Noor and Leanora and loved the free tour of the Ramparts, going and see the view from up there was breathtaking. Also there was a pool we could use just 5 mins from the Riad for 100 Dhm whcih was perfect for the heat. The room was small as had booked the most budget option but what makes up for that is all the communal areas, the patio, the coolness in the interior and the showers no queuing, plenty of hot water and regularly cleaned.

• 5th Jun 2013

I liked how the Riad was decorated traditional style and yet there were modern facilities like proper clean toilets, hot showers, excellent fast WIFI and plasma tvs in the rooms, even in the dorms, towels, sheets. Security is very tight and there were plenty of open spaces to relax with a cold beer or listen to bossanova jazz. Liked how we were served tea on arrival and despite arriving early and the room still waiting for the old guest to check out we could leave our bags free of charge secure

• 29th May 2013

the facilities, the location and the character of Riad Verus are excellent and the accomodation is great value for money. Staff is attentive and kind, were they a bit warmer it would be just perfect! The terrace is a great place! Defintively worth recommending it to friends.

• 22nd May 2013

Beware they charge 45dh/nt tax! There were cockroaches in the bathroom, but they are trying to fix that. The 'activities' are overpriced and they tried to use scare tactics to keep us from booking the same activities cheaper other places. They lost my socks when doing laundry but made up for it by buying me new ones, the lockers in the dorms are so small they wouldn't even fit my computer. The Good: I met lots of cool people, each dorm bed has power, wifi is strong, and free towels and robes!

Had a special time at this property, the Riad was stunning, nice atmosphere with a great choice at breakfast. Rooms clean and spacious and the price seemed great value for money. Easy to get a pick up from the airport and the staff were friendly and spoke great English. In the rooms there were safety boxes and the wifi worked v well. I had a very enjoyable stay overall.

• 20th May 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Riad Verus. The staff is extremely helpful and the Riad itself is an absolute gem. If you have a chance, definitely check out the Haman package they offer. You wont regret it! I would 100% recommend this hostel because you can tell they really care about your safety and the quality of your stay

Very late review (sorry) but two girls were locked into the hostel for hours and missed their flight b/c we couldn't find the manager who was passed out somewhere and didn't wake up to our screams even though the girls told him the night before they would have to leave early.

Nice place..this would be if it was properly managed. Beautiful riad with roof terrace. The staff cannot read or write any English. One guy can talk English a bit, but the girl can only speak and write a few words of french. Owner was rarely there and staff failed to explain owner's handwritten instructions. Atmosphere is so-so, not a sociable place if you want to hang out with other people. They charge a tax so it is more expensive than you initially think. Breakfast is good.

It was just for a night, not much I can say, but not very happy to know the tax of 45 DH was not included in the price showed at the listings of the website. So, it was unexpectedly expensive. I said that I did not notice the notification written at the bottom of the page, then maybe cannot stay more than a night. Then, I could see the manager became unhappy and less friendly. Besides that, the dorm was so clean gorgeous and the bed was one of the best I have ever slept on at hostels!

we stayed in a lot of hostels in our trip to morocco and europe. and i think riad Verus was our best over all!! brilliant place to stay!! we loved it!!! highly highly recommended!!! (and delicious breakfast!)

• 1st May 2013
  • South Africa

A nice clean and quiet Riad. Staff were friendly and the beds comfy. Was situated right in the medina with a roof terrace allowing a good view of the hustle and bustle of the streets. The showers were decent but oddly designed so that the water went everywhere.

• 18th Apr 2013

A stunning building with eccentricities and intricacies in whatever direction you look! Beautifully designed and homey feeling! After only 3 nights felt like I lived there and was part of the furniture! This is thanks to how well you are taken care of by the staff! And being Morocco it is nice to know someone is looking after you. The staff really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and I appreciated this immensely. Anything you need or want just ask! Definitely try the hammam!

I found the Riad to be well positioned, in a nice part of the Medina. Great breakfast and good price. Pretty terraces and good views made me have a nice time with other travelers, with all the common areas it is easy to meet other people.

• 3rd Apr 2013
  • Malaysia

I found it to be completely average. I can't see why it was so highly rated. Fue un hostal normal. No entiendo porque tiene tan buenos reviews.

Really terrific service!

We had a great time in Fes and it was largely down to the staff who helped us organise tours and were kind enough to take us to restaurants and up to a beautiful viewing point. The hostel is beautiful, the favourite of our whole trip. Would definitely return!

I slept in a female dorm and with me two more girls where in this room. The next morning there was sleeping one of the male workers in one of the beds. We asked him what he is doing in here. He invented the story that he didn´t know that this room was a occupied femal dorm. Then he said it would be our fault if we don´t close the door at night. Later on the chef was blaming the girl of our room for her old-fashined way of handeling that a man sleeps in a female dorm.I was very upset!!!

• 16th Mar 2013

Great Riad for solo travellers like me who want to find friends and make companions to travel with. Like esp the breakfast and the dorm rooms, maybe more expensive than other hostels but worth it for the ambience and all the activities on offer + the special deals you can take advantage of like the free BBQs or the cocktail night. Plus if you are writing a blog then you get a free sheisha if you mention the Riad.

• 13th Mar 2013
  • Barbados

What a beautiful house! The room, the common areas, the rooftop terrace - everything is perfect:) The staff were mostly fine but they totally forgot about our tour of the medina and after the late breakfast (it started at 10 that morning) we had to wait some more for the guide to turn up (who btw was a nice enough guy but didn't speak ANY English). Anyway, the most annoying thing is the sign on the door saying they'll give you a free meal if you post a review while staying there. Seriously?!!