Riad Verus Reviews

1 Derb Arset Bennis, Batha, Medina, Fez, Morocco

Great atmosphere, great staff, and a TOP experience. Really cool hostel unlike any other I've stayed in, an added bonus was the good breakfast and nespresso coffee! The hostel was always clean and despite being in a shared bathroom dorm there was never any issues with waiting for a shower in the morning, there was another one on the terrace I discovered the last day! loved the free BBQ and the water pipes available. Owners always there to give tips and answer questions.

• 28th Jun 2013

Yousseff, the manager of the hostel is a very hard worker and goes above and beyond to accommodate everyone, which is much appreciated. The hostel is gorgeous and has a lovely rooftop terrace with couches. I would not recommend, however, some of the hostel organized activities - we did the hammam and definitely over paid what it should have been worth for a local and authentic moroccan experience. Overall this was a good hostel to stay at.

Flexible when it came to making the booking, needed to stay longer and this was not an issue. Good reception space and beds were clean and breakfast timely. Would consider it one of the better places to stay in Fes in this price range. The location made it very easy to see Fes, Atmosphere was fun, laid back and a decent crowd.

• 23rd Jun 2013
  • Greece

Well located. Air conditioning worked well as did a high speed wifi connection. Whilst we were staying there they organised a party and we were treated to the delights of a lovely Belly dancer, Magician and Gnawa musicians, it went on til 11 and then we partied at a club downtown. There is plenty to keep you busy and the Managers go out of their way to always ask if you are OK making it a very cosy place.

• 23rd Jun 2013

Perfect stay to a perfect holiday at the Verus Riad. Kindly staff members made for an enjoyable time sipping mojitos and getting to know friends. The Hostel is great value for money, outstanding breakfast and rooms spacious + most comfortable, in fact I had one of the best nights sleeps. Blankets are provided as are linen and towels but with the heat you will find sleeping under the sheet suffice, there is AC in the rooms too if need be. It is rare to find a hostel of this standing in Morocco

• 22nd Jun 2013
  • Argentina

Great staff, amazing breakfast. Great location. And easy to find (blue signs with arrows guide you from near the medina entrance). Cooking classes offered and delicious tea provided. Would definitely recommend.

Riad Versus was a great place to stay! The staff were very friendly, and helpful. The breakfast was so delicious, and it is in the perfect location-just far enough from big markets, as not to be too noisy and close enough that you can walk there in 5 minutes or less. Definitely recommend! And as a female traveling alone I felt very safe here.

• 16th Jun 2013

Too loud in the evening. Great for people who love partying, but not for people who want to sleep.

High Five for one rocking place to stay in Fes, was even my favorite hostel in Morocco. So many of the places we stayed had no hot water so it was a blessing to be somewhere with great plumbing (heard that it had just been re-piped) and where you got free towels and robes and a locker in the room for stuff. ACE TERRACE. Great staff, busy atmosphere and plenty to do plus many free events in the evenings you are welcome to join in on. Had my henna done here and got a berber 4 hand massage...wow!

• 5th Jun 2013

Loved my stay here, was treated very well by both Noor and Leanora and loved the free tour of the Ramparts, going and see the view from up there was breathtaking. Also there was a pool we could use just 5 mins from the Riad for 100 Dhm whcih was perfect for the heat. The room was small as had booked the most budget option but what makes up for that is all the communal areas, the patio, the coolness in the interior and the showers no queuing, plenty of hot water and regularly cleaned.

• 5th Jun 2013

I liked how the Riad was decorated traditional style and yet there were modern facilities like proper clean toilets, hot showers, excellent fast WIFI and plasma tvs in the rooms, even in the dorms, towels, sheets. Security is very tight and there were plenty of open spaces to relax with a cold beer or listen to bossanova jazz. Liked how we were served tea on arrival and despite arriving early and the room still waiting for the old guest to check out we could leave our bags free of charge secure

• 29th May 2013

the facilities, the location and the character of Riad Verus are excellent and the accomodation is great value for money. Staff is attentive and kind, were they a bit warmer it would be just perfect! The terrace is a great place! Defintively worth recommending it to friends.

• 22nd May 2013

Beware they charge 45dh/nt tax! There were cockroaches in the bathroom, but they are trying to fix that. The 'activities' are overpriced and they tried to use scare tactics to keep us from booking the same activities cheaper other places. They lost my socks when doing laundry but made up for it by buying me new ones, the lockers in the dorms are so small they wouldn't even fit my computer. The Good: I met lots of cool people, each dorm bed has power, wifi is strong, and free towels and robes!

Had a special time at this property, the Riad was stunning, nice atmosphere with a great choice at breakfast. Rooms clean and spacious and the price seemed great value for money. Easy to get a pick up from the airport and the staff were friendly and spoke great English. In the rooms there were safety boxes and the wifi worked v well. I had a very enjoyable stay overall.

• 20th May 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Riad Verus. The staff is extremely helpful and the Riad itself is an absolute gem. If you have a chance, definitely check out the Haman package they offer. You wont regret it! I would 100% recommend this hostel because you can tell they really care about your safety and the quality of your stay

Very late review (sorry) but two girls were locked into the hostel for hours and missed their flight b/c we couldn't find the manager who was passed out somewhere and didn't wake up to our screams even though the girls told him the night before they would have to leave early.

Nice place..this would be if it was properly managed. Beautiful riad with roof terrace. The staff cannot read or write any English. One guy can talk English a bit, but the girl can only speak and write a few words of french. Owner was rarely there and staff failed to explain owner's handwritten instructions. Atmosphere is so-so, not a sociable place if you want to hang out with other people. They charge a tax so it is more expensive than you initially think. Breakfast is good.

It was just for a night, not much I can say, but not very happy to know the tax of 45 DH was not included in the price showed at the listings of the website. So, it was unexpectedly expensive. I said that I did not notice the notification written at the bottom of the page, then maybe cannot stay more than a night. Then, I could see the manager became unhappy and less friendly. Besides that, the dorm was so clean gorgeous and the bed was one of the best I have ever slept on at hostels!

we stayed in a lot of hostels in our trip to morocco and europe. and i think riad Verus was our best over all!! brilliant place to stay!! we loved it!!! highly highly recommended!!! (and delicious breakfast!)

• 1st May 2013
  • South Africa

A nice clean and quiet Riad. Staff were friendly and the beds comfy. Was situated right in the medina with a roof terrace allowing a good view of the hustle and bustle of the streets. The showers were decent but oddly designed so that the water went everywhere.

• 18th Apr 2013