Riad Verus Reviews

1 Derb Arset Bennis, Batha, Medina, Fez, Morocco

Really terrific service!

We had a great time in Fes and it was largely down to the staff who helped us organise tours and were kind enough to take us to restaurants and up to a beautiful viewing point. The hostel is beautiful, the favourite of our whole trip. Would definitely return!

I slept in a female dorm and with me two more girls where in this room. The next morning there was sleeping one of the male workers in one of the beds. We asked him what he is doing in here. He invented the story that he didn´t know that this room was a occupied femal dorm. Then he said it would be our fault if we don´t close the door at night. Later on the chef was blaming the girl of our room for her old-fashined way of handeling that a man sleeps in a female dorm.I was very upset!!!

• 16th Mar 2013

Great Riad for solo travellers like me who want to find friends and make companions to travel with. Like esp the breakfast and the dorm rooms, maybe more expensive than other hostels but worth it for the ambience and all the activities on offer + the special deals you can take advantage of like the free BBQs or the cocktail night. Plus if you are writing a blog then you get a free sheisha if you mention the Riad.

• 13th Mar 2013
  • Barbados

What a beautiful house! The room, the common areas, the rooftop terrace - everything is perfect:) The staff were mostly fine but they totally forgot about our tour of the medina and after the late breakfast (it started at 10 that morning) we had to wait some more for the guide to turn up (who btw was a nice enough guy but didn't speak ANY English). Anyway, the most annoying thing is the sign on the door saying they'll give you a free meal if you post a review while staying there. Seriously?!!

This is absolutely a good Riad and we really can recommend this place. The double rooms looks perfect, the staff is really friendly, especially Yousef. Everytime he walked us to the places we had to go, otherwise we would get losted. The breakfast is also very good. This is one of the best places we stayed in Marocco! The only thing is that they wanted us to sell a deserttrip for 450 euro. Way too much!! We didn't do it, because of the price. In Marrakech we booked it for only 110 euro.

Great location (about 5 min from Bab Boujould and easy to find) and good value for your money! The staff is really helpful, the breakfast was good but I took one of their suggested guide to go on a tour and basically he walked me through little streets for 2 hours without any indications, pointing at various mosques and only stopping at carpet and leather shop (thenI told him not to stop at shops).. I finally decide to end my tour in front of a spice shop and found my way back by myself...

우리 나라에 위치한이 호텔은 매우 유명하고 다른 여행객들과 함께 싶어서 여기 머물 렀습니다. 이 호텔은 매우 인기가하고 재미 있습니다.

• 24th Feb 2013
  • Japan

We spent there 2 days and we could highly recommend it: the price is really good only 150 for dorm bed, clean, with ensuite. We could also use a terrace that was really a big adventage. But the best thing was the staff, very friendly and helpful, showed us the way to the main monuments and ordered a taxi for us in a very good price! We are really pleased about our choice and next time in Fes we will defenitely stay there.

• 24th Feb 2013
  • Hong Kong

Glad you had an excellent time at the Riad.

Beautiful and tranquil hostel. I was there mid February where there were few tourists around. Nora, one of the owner, Yusef (sorry if the spelling is wrong!), the ladies that cook and clean were very friendly and down-to-earth. Nora, upgraded my room for the two first nights because there were spare beds, also, because it was Valentines Day, the ladies in the kitchen provided a free homemade, seven-vegetable couscous dish. It was so moist and delicious. This is the place to sleep in Fez.

So pleased you liked the beautiful and tranquil hostel here in Fes and that all the staff were so down to earth and friendly and you liked your free upgraded room.

It would have been nicer if there were facilities e.g. kitchen for us to use - there was free mint tea but a kettle to use would have been appreciated :) Otherwise the hotel was clean and the staff were great and very knowledgeable.

Thanks for the review and since reading your review we have a kettle now at the disposal of the guests. For health and safety we do not let guests enter the kitchen but there is always staff to serve your free teas. We are pleased you found us to be so knowledgeable and great.

I am really unhappy with what happened in my stay here. I booked a private room for 5 people and it was supposed to have breakfast included. Not just breakfast wasn't included but we also had to pay for bedlinen. As if it wasn't enough we didn't stay in the hostel, they took us to a house 10 min walking from the hostel. We had to share an apartment with other 2 people and the apartment didn't have a room for 5 so we had to slip our group in 2 rooms. One of the room was freaking cold at night.

I am sorry for the poor review you posted and let me take the time to clarify what happened, you booked a room for 5 people in the appartment and on the hw website it said that no breakfast or linen were provided and that the house was 10 mins walk from the Riad. The 2 rooms ajoin with a bathroom so there was plenty of space for your party and there was heating in the house. Since your review we have decided not to advertise this addition anymore and have removed it from the website. To clarify you paid 12 Euros each for the night and included tax, linen, towels and a delicious breakfast.

Very nice riad. The rooms were terrific, and the central courtyard was nice. However, I was hoping for the riad and the staff to feel a little more homely (just like the riads that we stayed at in Meknes and Chefchaouen, also booked using Hostelworld). Verus definitely had more of a hostel/hotel/business feel to it. The breakfasts were delicious, and the guided tour excursion through the medina is a must!

Thanks for your review and we are pleased you found us to have a very nice Riad and that the rooms were great and you liked the courtyard, yes we are a professional outfit but still try and maintain a fun relaxed vibe and prevent the house from becoming run down we need to act professionally and meet high expectations from our guests, We are so pleased you liked the tour of the Medina.

I spent there only a night with my girlfriend and following detailed directions we find out this awesome riad. Welcome has been given by Abdul, a great guy who offered us a cup of tea and start talking about the city, its history, its colture and about everything and nothing, he's really nice! The hostel is 400 m from the main square in a peacefull street. Unfortunately the AC was broken, but Abdul saved us by giving additional blanket and everything comes great! Breakfast huge and delicious!

We are so pleased you had a great time at the awesome Riad we run and that you were given a great welcome and loved the location. Glad you liked the huge breakfast and extra blankets.

Wouldn't recommend any other hostel but Riad Verus. The staff, facilities and atmosphere are top notch.

Thanks for so highly recommending the Riad and all the staff, facilities and atmosphere.

I would definitely recommend Riad Verus to a friend. I spent here my first night in Morocco and it was a positive experience. Clean, cosy atmosphere, delicious breakfast and friendly staff, who offered us mint tea as we step in. Location is also ideal if you come by car, Riad Verus is quite easy to find, just at the entrance of the medina and a stone's trow away from Bab Bou Jeloud, where the two main "talaa" start.

Thanks for recommending us to your friends and also for having had such a positive experience and that you found the house to be clean, cosy and with a great breakfast and staff aswell. Also that you liked the location and how it was so convenient for your car.

The hostel was great with a nice location, awesome staff, and good accommodations for your money. If I ever go back to Fez, i'll stay here again!

Thanks Richard and we are so pleased you found it value for money, in a great location and that you would stay with us again if you returned to Fes.

This poor review is for their off site dorm. Make sure that you do not stay in the off site dorm because it is extremely hard to find. They do not give you a key to the apartment so every time you want to be let in to the apt you have to make the 10 minute walk to the riad. I am sure that staying in the Riad is very nice but this off site apt was ridiculous. The place was really cold and the hot water heater requires someone to get it started. Enjoy Fez, stay somewhere else!

We are sorry that you did not like the off site dorm you booked and since the rush of Christmas and New Years this has been removed from our listings. We were however pleased to have you spend so much time with the other guests at the Riad and it was just unfortunate that you stayed here at the busiest time of the year and also the most coldest day of the year, where despite all the heaters and burners we have and in the appartment aswell as blankets it was super cold. Can assure you that your comments have been taken into consideration and we are sorry that hadnt booked a room in the Riad itself.

Beautiful place but no atmosphere staying there is like being on a lame school camp. But has potential to be awesome if the culture of the administration changed.

Most upset to read your review especially as there was a great atmosphere for Christmas in the Riad and with the Christmas presents and fun vibe in the hostel all the other guests found it to be awesome. I am sorry you did not like my English culture.

This is a really great hostel with really helpful staff. The breakfast is great and they have free Wi fi. The location is adjacent to the Medina so you can walk everywhere. Be Careful on the train as on the stop before Fes all of the "Hustlers" get on, they speak english and tell you they have family in your country and then they try to trick you and take you different hostels and demand money etc. Anyone who is nice in public is trying to scam you so dont listen.

Thanks for liking the hostel so much and also the free wifi, breakfast and the helpful staff and that you liked the location and for also warning other guests about the hustlers they will encounter on the trains. Please other guests reading this, take heed of what H says as it is really serious and we do not want guests falling into their scams.