Riad Verus Reviews

1 Derb Arset Bennis, Batha, Medina, Fez, Morocco

Gute Atmosphäre, saubere Zimmer und hilfsbereite Mitarbeiter. Traditionelles Hammam unbedingt ausprobieren, sehr spezielle Erfahrung;)

I really enjoyed the service and cleanliness. I suggest to include the rate tax in final cost on web.

In terms of decoration and wowness Riad Verus has it all, it has been nicely restored but you get modern things like hairdryers in the rooms, towels changed daily, a decent breakfast of lots of fruit salads, danones and crepes. The welcoming staff are second to none, we liked how they spoke many languages, at least three each, well not the maids or the handiman but the other staff and owners. We liked how we could order beers and we liked how we could leave your bags for free on check out.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Newly modernised with good furnishings and top end design, arab in look but they know what we westerners want. the evenings were chilled out and we liked the lounge vibes, room were clean and had air conditioning and wifi. terrace too was a good addition and the staff always around to discuss plans and help with hammams, cooking classes, or down to the desert to name a few. The week i was there was always a turnover of travel buddies many who had stayed with me in places along the route.

• 17th Jul 2014

Perfect stay, just the right mix of guests, we had a nice time sitting on the roof at the BBQ. It was relaxing but at the same time exciting.

• 16th Jul 2014

The hostel was better than expected in terms of style, price and safety its a sure winner. There was plenty going on and even during the hard month of Ramadan there were plenty of tourists and Barbeques and entertainment. The room was on the large size with nice clean bathroom ensuite and there was a functioning airconditioning unit. All the rooms had AC or large fans so the heat was never an issue. Regarding cleanliness the whole Riad was cleaned on a daily basis and even the beds were made.

• 16th Jul 2014

The riad is beautifully decorated and has a very nice vibe. They offer many activities and other fun things to do. We were quite unlucky and got ill from the desert tour, but Leonora and her staff looked after us and helped us out with everything we needed. Not having to explain things in poor french and handicaped sign-language was very nice and Leonora helped us find an open chemist several times on our stay in Fez. Her staff is very lovely and made us feel looked after and in good hands.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Friendly greeting at the door. Leanoora was very welcoming. Room was very spacious and beautifully decorated with a cool wet room with hot showers. the room over looked the riad which was really amazing to look at and lounge area was really stylish where we ate breakfast with the other backpackers. This was our first stay of our trip round morocco and was an amazing start to the trip.

• 15th Jun 2014

Regalan una shisha por un buen comentario, eso hace que tengan tan buena puntuación. La hija de los dueños no deja de molestar a los clientes y no da una buena impresión cuando está despierta hasta tarde, tampoco da buena impresión que quien hace el check in duerma hasta las casi cuatro de la tarde y el resto no sepa inglés,excepto dos chicos cuyos horarios no controlé en una semana allí. El dueño es muy borde y no parece que esté a cargo de un hostal.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Good hostel if you want to be among other young travelers. Beds, breakfast and facilities are ok. I found it hard to find but I got there eventually. The boy that brought me there insisted on getting 50 dirham for bringing me from the Batha Fountain to the hostel which is way too much. Don't fall for that trap! Two weeks later I came back to Fes to fly back home. I had to wait for a couple of hours but I was able to put my backpack in the hostel so I could go into the city. Thanks for that! :)

• 26th May 2014

- cockroaches in the bathroom downstairs in the morning - strange atmosphere with the DJ in the common area - very nice rooms, huge roof terrace, awesome breakfast!

i had a really good time and people are nice and friendly, so comfortable! there have a nice longe on first floor, we can talk and hang out with travelor. and we also have a nice loof top! we can see the beautiful view in fez! it was so nice hostel ever. i will visit this riad again for sure. thank you so much guys.

• 19th May 2014
  • Japan

I can confirm the comment below (5th May) about this hostel giving off a bad vibe. As she mentioned, we also heard a huge fight with a guy (who I think is the owner/manager) screaming and swearing to some of the guests very loudly late at night. Sometimes you wake up in the morning to random locals sleeping on the couches in the common area. I'm used to rough traveling but here I did not feel safe. Leonora is very nice, and the interior of the hostel is beautiful, but overall not recommended.

bad. noisy. expensive for that

• 14th May 2014
  • Russia

Bad place with really loud music all night long! Don't go here if you want to enjoy your stay in Fez!

• 9th May 2014

do not stay here especially if you are a woman. Theres a weird intimidating atmosphere. Local people sit and play loud music every evening. One night there was a massive row downstairs with a woman screaming and a man (who I think works there as he was there every night) shouting at her for ages. It sounded quite violent and I just wanted to leave immediately. Beware. The owner was never available and we tried to call her to book trips but we couldn’t contact her.

Great atmosphere and decoration. Really nice rooms and forniture. Good breakfast.

Sehr freundlicher Empfang und nette Hausleiter/in des Hostels, sauber, coole Lounge :-)

A very fine hostel, with the potential of being great! The interior is fantastic as is the location, the quality of the bed and the food in the Riad. The hospitality of the owners could be improved. They could embrace the fact that they are not a party hostel as they say and that's a good thing.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Sehr gut gelegenes Hostel, ca 5 Minuten vom Blauen Tor. Das Riad ist wunderschön, aber die Mitarbeiter wirken genervt und ziemlich reserviert. Es fehlt die Herzlichkeit des Layla Rouge in Marrakesch. Frühstück war ok, aber ab 9.30 Uhr viel zu spät.