Riad Verus Reviews

1 Derb Arset Bennis, Batha, Medina, Fez, Morocco

Be careful. The website said that it's 4 euros for a night. the taxes are not include, so it costs you 8 euros per night. So, really not nice. You think that the owner tries to make money on you . Also, the owner has never change with him... Wtf man. You have a hostel dude. If you want some information about a desert tours. He doesn't want to give you the website. So he works with commission. Always money for him. Finally, the toilet doesn't have toilet paper. And we had a turtle in our roomhaha

Good location, nice breakfast and enviroment.

45Dh tourist tax on arrival, this is not stated on hostel world and shouldnt be allowed. In over 1 months of traveling no hostel has had this tax, or hidden it from the stated price. The atmosphere is frankly grim and the owner does not make you feel welcome. Although the building is nice and breakfast is good, the whole place feels uncomfortable. You cant just relax which is such a shame in a hostel. Top shower didnt actually shut. All.in all unpleasant place to stay in the lovely Fes

The cleanliness was the only real good thing about this hostel. The male staff is really unfriendly and unwilling to help (at least to other males). I was in the room in the 4th floor, the shower there had no lock and you have to leave the door open anyway because there is no light. During the night they lock the door to the stairs, so you are trapped in the 4th floor (apparently they do this for safety reasons, but in case of fire it doesen't seem safe at all) . Don't stay there!

Nice place! Hostel is very beautiful and there are a lot of backpackers🙌🏻😊

The staff(man) is extremely not friendly ,and he tried not to give change ... so disappointed in there

The owner is solely concerned with money. He uses a search scam to get the lowest price so the hostel will come first in searches. It claims to be 40 dirams with a 45 diram tax added but ultimately you should expect to pay 110 dirams. The hostel is nice. Basic breakfast, one egg, bread, coffee, juice and a yoghurt. This place is the same as the rest but slightly more expensive. Funky fes and others charge 100 dirams and you don't have the hassle of feeling ripped off,better service at the rest.

Auberge absolument magnifique, propriétaire sympatique. Beau salon où créer des liens avec les autres voyageurs. Tout près de Bab Boujould.

We had a two bed room and discovered in the night many bed bucks!! Really disgusting. The staff was distanced and we didn't feel very welcome.

Everything was fine, butnI dont like that you're advertising your rooms for 40 DH and then add a tax about 45 DH. It shall be included ,so that guests know the real price.

Staff wasn't too friendly nor helpful. Atmosphere was also odd- no one seemed to be talking.

Overall, a disappointing hostel. Staff aren't particularly friendly, only 3 showers for the whole hostel which are small and smell bad. Good terrace however. No lockers either.

The place was a good place to stay, except the manager/owner was kind of a douche. He told us not to give backpackers advice about places in Morocco because he has contracts with other hostels and the like. He also told me to cancel my reservation at a good hostel and stay at one of his contacts' places instead. I didn't of course.

A friend and I recently got back from our first trip to Morocco and loved Fez! Thanks again to Riad Verus for being so accomodating and helpful and making our trip all the merrier! Noor, Mohamed, and the rest of the staff treated us very well and the riad was like home. The main reception room and the terrace are fabulous just to hang out in and the city itself is much calmer and locally oriented than other big cities in Morocco. I would love to visit it again! *Thumbs Up!*

• 22nd Aug 2015

C est un endroit qui se situe aux portes de la place. L accueil est simple et de bon goût, jerecommande cet endroit

When you first enter it seems like the perfect escape, but as it goes on it unveils as a completely unsafe. First off my booking was "lost", which seemed harmless enough until multiple other backpackers showed up with their bookings being "lost" as well. The manager on top of being shady/drunk/high stayed out partying most nights and people who were staying there would be locked out in the alley. Owner rips you off on everything- do not trust his prices, I think he gets commission. SKETCHY P

Good standard hostel, not particularly secure at night. Does not have a bar as stated and bit of a strange atmosphere. Well located - once you've found it!

I have stayed in Riad Verus for three separate times during my three week trip. I have to say that this hostel is by far the best in terms of accommodation and service and its no surprise that it has been ranked so high. The atmosphere was always great, you feel like in your own home as soon as you walk in, and there is always a hot cup of tea awaiting your arrival. Also, the owner of the hostel is a very laid-back and cool guy. Would definitely come back again! Thank you Nour for everything! :)

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Serbia

CAUTION!! Taxes of 100% The price can be up to the double of the indicated price! The advice appears in your bill but after "Total:___" and befor booking it appears between many services and policies (of cause with a little checkmark) In the same day it happend to 2 others that they didn`t see it. The only one who could change this frequently repeated error is the staff in comunication with the page!!

I read the reviews before I stayed here and was apprehensive, but I can say that this hostel was by far one of the better hostels I have stayed at in the last 6 months travelling. Beds were really good, bathrooms were great, air conditioned rooms, the Riad was very cool and had a great atmosphere. I arrived with food poisoning and the owner really helped me out a lot. I would definitely stay here again, and I wanted to stay longer. I recommend staying here, despite some other stupid reviews