Riad dar Mchicha Reviews

N�13, derb el Ferrane, Riad Laarousse, Marrakech, Morocco

Very welcoming atmosphere, would definitely come back again!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Very nice hostel Dont hesitate to stay here The location is different with the map enrolled on Hostelworld. However it doesnt matter. With calling, he will pick you up.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

This hostel was very hard to find, but we asked a local café owner to call and we were collected from there. I would not recommend this hostel for a big group of travellers, but definitely to a small group of 2 or 3, and I think it would be lovely for couples. It's small and very homely as it's run by a family, so don't expect to have a great social group hanging out on the terrace. Having said this, it's a great hostel to wind down and chill. The hosts (staff) were really accommodating.

Aziz was so incredibly kind and welcoming. He shared an iftar meal with us on our arrival so we could get a (literal) taste of Ramadan, which was something I will never forget. We were fairly independent, especially since this was such a quick trip, but I have no doubt that he would've been accommodating to any requests if we had them. I do recommend an airport pickup at least at first - worth the money to know that you will get to your spot easily! Beautiful space, great location!

• 30th Jun 2014

Riad Dar Mchicha was the perfect place to stay. The welcoming family made us feel like guests in their home. We enjoyed getting to know them and the other guests in the hotel. Great location, very comfortable, and great value. Absolutely stay here.

• 27th Jun 2014

Aziz and his wife were really nice and helpful and gave us ample information about the area, things to do and went above and beyond in helping us feel at home ( and their daughter Yasmin is really cute!!)

Could not have asked for a better experience. The riad was a 10 minute walk from the main square, but it also located just enough away from the hustle and bustle that you will never be woken up by any sounds. The riad was also not only naturally beautiful but very clean and well kept. We had amazing Moroccan breakfasts waiting for us each morning when we woke up. The owner Aziz is one of the nicest people I've ever met and gave us a ton of help and suggestions. An absolute must!!

Beautiful Riad with an incredibly nice owner, would have liked to stay longer. The location is different from other hostels i have stayed in Marrakech which was interesting, it's the oldest part of the city and different atmosphere even narrower streets but somehow less hectic. Would definitely recommend it !

Friendly hostel with lovely staff. Great breakfast provided.

It was a suberb place stay, right in the heart of the souk but very tranquil. Fatima was lovely and we thank her for giving us her time and local knowledge. The Riad was just perfect and the breakfast plentiful.

I think for my first stay in Marrakech I barely could choose better riad. It's located in the central part of the old city, so everything is close. People in riad were very helpful, rooms clean. I can only recommend this place :).

• 18th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

We ended up staying here four nights during our 10 days in Morocco and had a great experience! Aziz was the perfect host and helped us arrange trips to the desert and Essaouira. He went above and beyond making us feel welcome and comfortable in his country. I couldn't recommend this riad more.

Nice place. Good location. GREAT host. Strong internet. We've been traveling the world for 4 months and rate this one excellent! Thx

Such a wonderful Riad and the owners are so lovely and thoughtful. The furnishings are well thought out and colourful, it is very clean and peaceful. It really feels like a home you can relax and unpack in plus its only a short walk from the Medina too. Aziz and Fatima are lovely too, really welcoming and so so helpful and kind. I thoroughly recommend this place and would definitely come back.

Dear Aziz and Fatima, Thank you for the most perfect stay in Marrakech. We had the most lovely time and you were both the most amazing hosts. Can't wait to stay at the Riad again. p.s. expect a few more customers I have been recommending you to everyone! Andreas

• 23rd Mar 2014

Thoroughly enjoyable stay in Marrakech thanks in no small part to the staff of Riad dar Mchicha. Aziz was an excellent host and did his utmost to ensure our break was a pleasant one and that all our needs were met. Riad dar Mchicha gets my wholehearted recommendation if you are visiting this city.

• 21st Mar 2014

Perfect Riad in the Medina we would recommend to everyone. Very nice atmosphere and handsome family. There's nothing to criticise. You get more than you pay for. The owner helped us with his motorbike to find the way out of the chaotic medina.

We felt so welcomed in Riad dar Mchicha! Room: open and nicely decorated in Maroccan style, warm colors Staff: very friendly and helpful, great and useful advices for our time in Marrakesh and the following days Breakfast: delicous and fresh breakfast with good pastry, varied every day Location: even though located in the center of the Medina it's very calm Thank you for the great days in Marrakesh! We'd love to come back!

View all Marrakech Bed and Breakfasts