Riad dar Mchicha Reviews

N�13, derb el Ferrane, Riad Laarousse, Marrakech, Morocco

I don't usually write Hostel reviews but this was one extraordinary hostel. I have never encountered that level of hospitality anywhere around the world. The hostel owner and his family were incredibly welcoming and helpful during our stay in Marrakech. The Rooms were extremely nice and the Breakfast was delicious. In the Riad you could take some time off the busy streets and bazars. Perfect place to stay in Marrakech for a few days/weeks!

• 13th Mar 2014

We immediately felt welcome in this quiet Riad that is in the old medina, only 10 min of walking away from djemaa el fna. All People are friendly and you can ask them everything, they will help you. We had the room on top of the Riad and we loved it because of the little terrace next door. At first it was a bit hard to find for us but do not hesitate to ask, Aziz the owner will pick you up. In summary I can recommend this Riad to 100%!!

• 1st Mar 2014

Hello, I hope that you made a good trip back to germany, It was a big pleasure for us to receive with us here, Hope seing next stay in Marrakech Best regards

The best experience in our stay in Morocco. Very calm, friendly, nice and neat place. Huge hospitality, perfect service. More than helpful stuff - higher then standard. Many thanks to Aziz and his stuff again. Simply the best!

Hello, Thank you very much for your feedback, it was a big pleasure for me to meet you here hope to receive again for your next visit to Morocco Best regards Aziz

Aziz and his wife were wonderful hosts for our stay. They provided all the information and directions to make our stay as fun and safe as possible, and the hostel was beautiful, peaceful and very well-looked after. The breakfast was great, and they even gave us some food just before we left for our late flight back to London. Aziz also helped us join a trip to the Atlas Mountains and arranged our taxi to the airport. I would highly recommend this hostel for a relaxing and beautiful atmosphere.

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Norway

Aziz is a great host! You feel like home at his house! I recommend this hostel to everybody who looks for a nice and affordable stay in marrakech in a riad. Aziz can also organize various excursions which are at a very reasonable price and cheaper than in the travel agencies around the medina and new town. His driver is also a very safe and friendly driver. We enjoyed our stay chez aziz a lot!!

Wonderful location, breakfasts, and room; the staff welcomed and treated us like family. We look forward to visiting this lovely riad again.

Hello Mr lewis, Thank you so much for your review and it was a big pleasure for us to meat you here, We hope to receive you another time, Best regards

I stayed in 2 riads in Morocco.This is the one to stay. Aziz is the owner,really nice family guy.He offers you help for everything.Rooms are fine, he gives you towels and transfer from the airport to hotel. really nice.But the best points are on the one hand the breakfast which was the best I had in whole Morocco with fresh pastries(they were a bit warm even!), fresh tea, muffins, a lot of things!On the other hand, the treat was like feeling at home.Not a typical riad, you will feel like home :)

Amazing Riad, staff is extremely friendly. They were kind, helpful, genuinely interested in us and overall just amazing. We had a great time here, great value for your money!

• 28th Jul 2013

We had a nice stay at the hostel. It was very relaxing and the staff were friendly and helpful.

The riad has a great location in medina, just a 10 minute walk to Jemaa el Fna. It's quite basic, but clean and although according to hostelworld all the bathrooms are shared we have a private one just a few steps away from the room. Everyone at the guesthouse was really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and kept us going for a few hours. Thank you to Aziz and Fatima for making our stay really enjoyable. I will definitely stay at Riad dar Mchicha if I ever visit Marrakech again.

• 3rd Mar 2013
  • Poland

The stay was very pleasant--staff were extremely polite and friendly, and we were served a delicious breakfast even when we woke up rather late. Pleasant atmosphere at the riad, spacious rooms, and a pretty central location in the Marrakech medina. It was cold at night, but we visited in the middle of December; this probably wouldn't be a problem for most visitors. A few of the staff spoke English, one particularly well. The rest speak French fluently.

• 19th Dec 2012

Outstanding service! All facilities in the Riad work well, things are clean and tidy, beds are comfy. The owner is working on renovations step-by-step, and they do not interfere with the stay at all. This is a very "homey" Riad, where you can use kitchen if you want, and just take it easy between various 'expeditions'. This Riad is authentic, and not trying to show-off, but it is very high value for money paid. Wifi works in main foyer/courtyard. Laundry service available.

Riad dar Mchicha made my stay in Marrakech very pleasant. The service was one of the best I've ever experienced. Friendly staff.

• 24th Nov 2012
  • Sweden

We loved it here. Aziz and his wife were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast is included and was very nice. Its very central. However it is also an oasis of calm and quiet. Perfect after a day in the medina. It also looks lovely. Highly recommended.

the place is great!! it's easy to go Funa place,souk and new city by walking. The riad is good to relax, so it was like home. Especially owner of riad,Aziz is super great! He is super kind!He helped me a lot!! For example,when I had to go out at  7:00 in the morning, he made a warm breakfast around 6:20! It was really early morning but he cooked for me!!  I had a great time in morroco because of him:)

• 28th Aug 2012