Richmond Hill Hotel Reviews

353 Church Street, Richmond, Melbourne, Australia

Most staff were pleasant although one of the male members of staff on reception had a really bad attitude. Rooms were mostly clean but the edges of the carpets especially in all areas looked like they hadn't been hoovered for years and there was a strange smell in parts of the place. Also one of the doors to the back court yard area was never locked (we checked it at 3 in the morning) and seemed a bit unsafe as people could get in if they climbed over the fence.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Cheap hotel. Go if yo do not have a lot of money to spend in accomdotion, but value for the price.

Finding the room was a bit of a maze (we did get shown at beginning but it was after that), and other facilities! It was also very dark around the corridors...almost hard to see where to go! So a few more signs to places would help. Breakfast included was fantastic! Loads of choice! The best i've ever had! Have got a tram stop just outside and town isn't too far to walk with loads of eating places etc. Room was ok size, could use a mirror in there! Not many 'travellers' but we liked that!

• 27th Feb 2015

Awesome - great historic place. Great value for money Exactly what I needed, I wanted a one night break away from my flat mate! I didn't want to stay in a lively hostel and I didn't want to pay $100, when I just wanted a quiet, relaxing night for myself. This place was perfect for my needs. Thank you :-)

Really great that you can rent Myki cards (for public transport) at Richmond Hill Hotel, instead of having to go out and buy them. The cards we rented from reception even had some leftover credit from the last guests that used them! Breakfast is lovely too...waffles, porridge, yoghurt, cereal, plenty of fruit and spreads to put on toast. Walking distance to the tram stop that takes you directly to the city. Very convenient!

• 24th Jan 2015

There's no more kitchen area for people who book the budget rooms so I left my food for the week (that I take to the tennis) with them to keep in their staff fridge. Half a day later I request my food and they CAN'T FIND IT!!! They somehow lost my food that I paid for! So then I had to buy more food for the week, which put me in a bad mood for my trip which I look forward to every year! Unsure if I'll stay there again...

• 20th Jan 2015

Towels and sheets changed 0 times in a week no fridge facilities no cooking facilities no atmosphere breakfast was very basic , no eggs

• 16th Dec 2014

This was a nice building with simple bunk rooms and shared bathroom facilities. Not much to do in the room, tv was not working and there are no facilities at the hotel - it is very basic, set up like a hostel. But it is clean, the staff are friendly, the breakfast is plentiful, it is 5 minute walk from some great cafes in Richmond, the outlets on Bridge Road and a 45 minute walk in to Melbourne CBD. Good tram connections. I would stay again.

• 28th Nov 2014

Clean and slient. And the breakfast was great. I Like RHH.

good place, cheap for location... Car parking is bothersome!

The place was one of the most depressing hostels I have ever been in. I paid for a single room $55 dollars and got a room that looked like a prison cell not to mention the soft was super soft and uncomfortable and the showers didnt even have soap in the soap disposal (my first water only shower). You need to pay for the internet and even so you can excess it only in the foyer as there is no reception in the room. Halls smelled like something between pee & breakfast looks horrific. stay away!

• 11th Nov 2014

Bed had a big dip in it - super uncomfortable No mirror Shared toilet and bathroom never had soap Not always clean Noisy at night

• 9th Nov 2014

I booked a private single room and got a grubby tiny room with bunk beds in which the lights didn't work,it was like a prison cell,I was kindly moved to another room with electricity.its more of an old folks home/hotel than a hostel.The staff were ok,Steph was nice but the elderly gentleman seemed a bit ignorant as I left.The breakfast isn't great,bread and fruit,no cereal?Perfect location tho in a great area,5 mins on tram to city,on that alone I'd recommend it as a decent place to stay.

• 1st Nov 2014

Just what I was looking for - within walking distance of a new fav. spot. Comfortable for what it was. Will probably be back soon :)

It is more of a motel than a hotel! The hotel has seen better days. The staff is super friendly, the hotel looks nice from the outside, also the breakfast room is very fancy. But, the "dorm" rooms look like prison cells, really a little bit scary and not so great. Richmond is a great neighbourhood, but for short-time visitors there are definitely more centrally located possibilities!