Rick's Causeway Coastal Hostel Reviews

4 Victoria Terrace, Portstewart, Northern Ireland

Our group of 5 cyclists had a really fab stay at Rick's. Rick was very helpful and provided a clean room, simple breakfast and storage for our bikes. Location was superb at the beginning of a beautiful cliff walk.

This is one of the very good hostels you can remember and tell your friends about! :)

Only stayed one night with my daughter but was nice and cosy. Room a bit small but Rick the owner was a gentleman and very helpful with directions to causeway and where to go and what to see.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Good place to stay! Really enjoyed talking to Rick about his past travels! Good simple breakfast. Great location to a yummy burger place down the road. Very cool view just outside the door, ocean!!

• 28th Jul 2015

I am both allergic to dust and cat hair so found it very difficult to be in this hostel. There had been no previous mention of cats in the hostel when booking. I had a terrible sleep, could hardly breathe from my allergies and was awake from 6am. The breakfast that was complimentary was pleasantly sufficient, but the atmosphere was bleak to put it kindly. Although superbly located and cheap, the hostel is so run down and I didn't feel comfortable in it.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Really cosy place near the ocean and a 2-min walk from the bustling promenade. The owner is extremely laid back and very nice. The kitchen was really helpful and the beds/room were clean and homey. Great place.

Rick is a nice fellow in a nice place but the shower makes in room1 floods the place and the beds - my girlfriend checked four - are old and uncomfortable

Rick was a great host but I went to the hostel unknowing there was a huge Bike race happening and it was difficult to go anywhere it would have been nice to been informed of this event before I booked. Rick did however tell me the times and help me to get out of the town so I could continue hiking the causeway.

We really enjoyed our quick stay with Rick. Very friendly, helpful host, and comfortable beds and bathroom. Large kitchen facilities and breakfast (with Vegemite!) was an unexpected bonus. Hostel exterior is rather unassuming, but head inside and you're greeted with a genuine smile! Nice location on the sea and an easy walk into town.