8.8
Fabulous 261 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 261 Total Reviews
Rick's Causeway Coastal Hostel Located at 4 Victoria Terrace, , Portstewart.
Northern Ireland
Portstewart County Londonderry BT55 7BA 4 Victoria Terrace
88% 261
55.1885644 -6.7184722
    Rooms available

14th Jan 2017
6.3

I arrived at around 1pm to be greeted by a man in his dressing down in the entrance hallway. I thought this was a guest but turns out it was a member of staff! He then showed me my room and asked me to pay cash then and there. The hostel is pretty shabby and has a bad smell around the place, especially my room which smelt like stale body odour. I was tempted to turn around and find somewhere else but I got used to it and it wasn't so bad in the end. I slept fine and checked out no problems.

3rd Dec 2016

Upon walking in the door we were greeted by the host, who chatted away, very friendly, took me up to the room and asked me if I needed anything, very good service for a hostel. The place was homely and welcoming, even though only staying one night, it surpassed me expectations as a hostel (when I compare it to some of the rough hostels I have stayed in before). Breakfast prepared etc. Rick himself is a great chap, popped in later in the evening for a chat, really genuine person!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Oct 2016

Rick was a very nice host and the hostel was very clean. The breakfast was simple, but good and the rooms were all modern. The location is right by the water and is a perfect place to stay for exploring the coast. The only bad part is the wifi only works in the kitchen.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
14th Oct 2016

Amazing value for money and gorgeous location, definitely a great place you to stay. Rick was absolutely fabulous, very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend staying here.

29th Sep 2016

Nice stay. Everything is close, especially if you have a car. The hostel is OK , the owner - Rick is a very nice person.

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
5th Sep 2016

Everything about this place was nice. It's a very cozy place to stay. However buses to and from Portstewart are a bit tricky. I found it possibly be easier to stay at Portrush. But I would stay at Ricks place again. Great free breakfast and nice welcoming cat too! 🙂

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
20th Aug 2016
7.7

Rick gave us an extremely warm welcome and was extremely helpful with local information and routes for our trip. The house is an old Victorian style house and has an amazing location. Lots of books to read and a good kitchen area and place for breakfast. My bed was very comfy but the room was a bit dusty. At the time the shower head did not sit properly on the unit but mentioned this to Rick so probably fixed by now. For the price we paid it worked for us!

14th Aug 2016

As all the other reviews state, Rick is super approachable and helpful. He was kind enough to upgrade us to a better private room due to a cancelation. Nice easy breakfast, nothing fancy but plenty to fill you up. Great location.

29th Jul 2016

Had a great stay, Rick was very helpful and warm. Its a very simple place but our stuff was all safely locked away in a room with a code on the door. Nice location and really easy to get to and from.