Rick's Causeway Coastal Hostel Reviews

4 Victoria Terrace, Portstewart, Northern Ireland

Good place to stay! Really enjoyed talking to Rick about his past travels! Good simple breakfast. Great location to a yummy burger place down the road. Very cool view just outside the door, ocean!!

• 28th Jul 2015

Really cosy place near the ocean and a 2-min walk from the bustling promenade. The owner is extremely laid back and very nice. The kitchen was really helpful and the beds/room were clean and homey. Great place.

Rick is a nice fellow in a nice place but the shower makes in room1 floods the place and the beds - my girlfriend checked four - are old and uncomfortable

Rick was a great host but I went to the hostel unknowing there was a huge Bike race happening and it was difficult to go anywhere it would have been nice to been informed of this event before I booked. Rick did however tell me the times and help me to get out of the town so I could continue hiking the causeway.

We really enjoyed our quick stay with Rick. Very friendly, helpful host, and comfortable beds and bathroom. Large kitchen facilities and breakfast (with Vegemite!) was an unexpected bonus. Hostel exterior is rather unassuming, but head inside and you're greeted with a genuine smile! Nice location on the sea and an easy walk into town.