Rick's Causeway Coastal Hostel

Fabulous 261 Total Reviews

• Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
14th Jan 2017
6.3

I arrived at around 1pm to be greeted by a man in his dressing down in the entrance hallway. I thought this was a guest but turns out it was a member of staff! He then showed me my room and asked me to pay cash then and there. The hostel is pretty shabby and has a bad smell around the place, especially my room which smelt like stale body odour. I was tempted to turn around and find somewhere else but I got used to it and it wasn't so bad in the end. I slept fine and checked out no problems.

• Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
3rd Dec 2016

Upon walking in the door we were greeted by the host, who chatted away, very friendly, took me up to the room and asked me if I needed anything, very good service for a hostel. The place was homely and welcoming, even though only staying one night, it surpassed me expectations as a hostel (when I compare it to some of the rough hostels I have stayed in before). Breakfast prepared etc. Rick himself is a great chap, popped in later in the evening for a chat, really genuine person!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Oct 2016

Rick was a very nice host and the hostel was very clean. The breakfast was simple, but good and the rooms were all modern. The location is right by the water and is a perfect place to stay for exploring the coast. The only bad part is the wifi only works in the kitchen.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
14th Oct 2016

Amazing value for money and gorgeous location, definitely a great place you to stay. Rick was absolutely fabulous, very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend staying here.

29th Sep 2016

Nice stay. Everything is close, especially if you have a car. The hostel is OK , the owner - Rick is a very nice person.

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
5th Sep 2016

Everything about this place was nice. It's a very cozy place to stay. However buses to and from Portstewart are a bit tricky. I found it possibly be easier to stay at Portrush. But I would stay at Ricks place again. Great free breakfast and nice welcoming cat too! 🙂