Riga Hostel Reviews

Merkela 1, 4th floor, Riga, Latvia

nice staff very kind and good location u fell like a home

We enjoyed the stay but for one detail: you have to watch your property (in this case a deck of playing cards and shower gel), otherwise it's gone. But since I don't know who stole that stuff, it doesn't affect my rating. The exhausters should be cleaned. We were impressed by the availability of free coffee at all times.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We stayedstayed 5 days in the hostel an we really liked. it's located very close to the old town, ththe breakfast it's very good and the room price is excellent. The stuff is very nice, we can't say any bad thing about the el and the stuff. I really recommend this hostel for everyone.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Really wonderful hostel. Kudos for you. The only downside experienced was very thin walls. Was staying with a friend in a private room and it was close to the communal area and if people talked too loudly, you could hear everything. But that's because of the building not something hostel has to deal with.

very friendly staff.quiet.clean.very good breakfast.parking not so easy.

I only stayed at the hostel for one night, because we travelled further. The staff was really friendly and wanted to help. It's a cozy, clean place to stay. Next time if i book Riga I will definitely stay there again. Thank you for everything. :)

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

I think it the best hostel in RIGA.

Good location, cheap price, breakfast included... Excellent option in Riga. The only bad thing: there are a few bathrooms, so you have to queue in the morning to use them.

The hostel is really cool:)

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The hostel is in a great location, staff were friendly and helpful (for example printing my plane tickets). I liked the social area/kitchen which was clean and cosy. Overall I would definitely recommend it. It could be improved by having more plugs/extension cables available in the rooms and lamps for each bed as in many other hostels.

• 3rd Jan 2015

I liked the location of the hostel, it's the center of Riga. The price for the room is quite ok for me. There is only one big disadvantage for me - the place is really noisy.

Always nice staff showing facilities, very nice breakfast, very informative notice board about Riga. It will be at best with plugs nearby. But with such price, they give me more than I expect!

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed. The cleanliness, the friendliness and the services (2 computers ready to use for example, incredible) all really went much beyond my expectations. Riga Hostel should provide an example to the other hostels all around the world, especially in terms of cleanliness and relaxed athmosphere.

It's really a very cozy place and great people who are running it!

The girl administrator was very friendly and answered all the questions with the feeling yo help me. The location is super Perfect, in the senter of the city and it is approximately 25 minutes from the airport.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

Very good localization, very friendly and competent staff,clean,very nice atmosphere and safe, I strongly recommend this hostel

Nice hostel. Very friendly staff. Not a huge hostel but makes for a very friendly small group of people. Many thanks

Nice hostel and I would stay there again. Only negative is I think the walls must be a bit thin so ear plugs are needed - but then they usually are at hostels!

Everything is a bit run down, ripped bedding and broken showers but what do you expect for €5? No lockers in some of the rooms was disappointing, but if your out all day and the hostel has to be cheap then this would be a good option.

Very nice stay, the hostel is really near to the city center (both Old Riga and City Center). The staff gave us all the information to find the hostel and to visit Riga, nothing really major to complain about, just the cleanliness was a little bit under the average but not really a big deal compared to what I paid for :)

• 9th Dec 2014