Riga Hostel Reviews

Merkela 1, 4th floor, Riga, Latvia

The staff of the hostel are simply amazing. They helped us plan the next day in Latvia and they where baking for the customers the last day of our stay. In the hostel they will ask you for feedback if you find something that you don't like, they try always to improve and make you as comfortable as possible.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Spain

wunderfull nice & clean place to stay, 5 min from the city center

We stayed in a private room for one night. The room was really nice and clean. There was even a welcome present: Chocolate from Riga! The lady from the reception was really friendly! She gave a lot of tips what to do! I really would recommend this hostel!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

We have very nice time in your Hostel. Best regards

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Perfect, except the stupid pop music you can hear at the reception

• 31st Mar 2014

Kind and willing staff. Clear and enjoyable surroundings. Thank you.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Czech Republic

it is one of the best hostels i have ever stayed in! the price is really reasonable while breakfast is also included!

Lovely room (stayed in a twin room so no need for lockers or anything), nice decor and high ceilings. Really close to the central bus station, art nouveau district and old town area, definitely recommended.

Great place, very good location.

The location is the best reason why i recommend this Hostel. :) I can walk to main station in few minite and get my train on time!

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff was very nice.

• 13th Jan 2014
  • Taiwan

Really good!

We love this hostel. It's was our second time in RIga and we decided for staying at the same place because our first experience was great. It was pretty clean, new and organized, toilets very clean also. Staff is great and attentive and I just love the breakfast, with cereals, bread, different spreads, juice, coffee, milk, chocolate... everything. Close to everything you may need: bus stop to the airport, main bus station and old town.

We arrived at 10pm for an overnight stop in Riga and asked the really kind and helpful reception girl (sorry I don't know her name!) what we should see in the morning. She told us we HAD to go out that night to an underground bar she knew that did traditional Latvian dancing and music alongside local beer. Best. Recommendation. Ever! She even walked us there on her way home from her shift and gave us lots of advice. Hostel beds were super comfy and free brekkie was great too.

Living room very small, not enough plate for people who eating. 6dorm room very small and smell very bad. In room carpeted floors are not cleaned. Good breakfast, comfortable kitchen. Friendly staff. Bad, that cant pay by euro, only lats or credit card. for keys deposit 20 euro.

The rooms were amazing, and it felt like home! :)

• 1st Dec 2013

Well, the hostel is really cheap, but it is not a good place for socializing, since it does not have a living room or any space for sitting together. The 10 bed dorm gets quite hot at night. But as I said, it is very cheap.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Very nice home-like hostel. Toilets are good and clean. Receptionist are beautiful and helpful. I'd recommend it.

The hostel is one of the best I stayed. Very clean, very friendly. The staff was nice which is always good, you can have a great breakfast, included on the price. I dont know if there is a better quality/value hostel in Riga, but I will tell my friends, that this hostel is the best!

Nice hostel, clean, newly decorated, nice staff, in city center but doors of rooms were not closed and I did not like that everybody could go in the room and steal stuffs. no atmosphere, lots of people in their 30years so but enjoyed my stay there