Riga Hostel Reviews

Merkela 1, 4th floor, Riga, Latvia

Good value for money. I can recommend this place.

Above average breakfast included, staff very helpful and great location.

This was a great hostel for the price I paid! Super close to the bus station, although I got a little confused with the directions at first. Plenty of bathrooms, which I liked - I never had to wait in line like at other hostels. Small, but clean with everything you need! Would recommend and stay here again

Perfect location: close to bus terminal and city center therefore also rather noisy. Helpful staff. No big sinks therefore washing clothes is difficult. Bed sheets are very thin which is not too hygienic, mattresses rather old but nevertheless: very clean in general. Socialable atmosphere.

Everything was really cool except the atmosphere - somehow there was no friendly aura.

Very nice hostel with great atmosphere for a very cheap budget. I've stayed in a lot of hostels throughout Europa and Riga hostel was definitely one of the nicest hostels. Also the breakfast was great.

Came from Northern Ireland and stayed, It's a nice friendly Hostel. Lovely staff....the only thing was for me is that you have to pay for two people if you are sleeping in a double bed which i thought it's a bit much because it's still one bed! All in all it was good!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Great location and friendly staff. Minimal showers / toilets in comparison to the amount of people.

Had free juice which made me happy! - staff really friendly and accommodating- phoned people for us in Latvian - really helpful. 6 bed mixed form was tiny- ok to sleep in but with a lot of stuff was a bit of a nightmare when the lockers provided were really quite small. Really could have done with some more plugs in the rooms - really hard to find them. Useful box to leave/ pick up unwanted/ needed items! Nice idea

This hostel is located in the new city centre (but the old town is 5 minutes walk away) on a large and trafficated street (so the noise in the bedrooms could be annoying, but earplugs are avaiable at the reception). The lockers and all the rooms have their keys, so you don't need to bring your own. Very nice place, lots of shower and good breakfast every morning.

Cozy, home-like hostel very close to the city heart. Everything is in walk distance of no more than 5 mins. Good facilities. Just opposite to railway station and close to bus station, so very handy for transfer travelers. Clean and cheap with free coffee/tea, breakfast and parking. Would definitely recommend!

A nice hostel, never had to queue for a shower! Quiet so not for those looking to party!

I really like this hostel. Especially the staff. Girls from reception I will do miss you! Thanks for all your help and support. I hope I will come to Riga again and will stay in this hostel. ;)

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Uzbekistan

Good bedroom and bathrooms. Clean. Breakfast was ok. Wifi only on common areas. 7 min walk from old town, and in front of train station (really convenient). Receptionist didnt really know anything to recommend... But overall it was a really good experience. Would definitely recommend.

Friendly staff, cool hostel, there's a free food basket, so that's a plus :)

The staff was very friendly. The hostel was clean an our private room wa actually very cute and with a lot of space.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Its worth staying place!! either you are alone or with friends.. Best place to live and feel like home... Breakfast was also awesome...!!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • India

Thanks for a great place to leave our bags! One night was definitely not enough, and as our night out was so large we didn't even use our room. But your hospitality and friendliness was great regardless. Room looked really comfortable, just a shame we didn't get a chance to use it!

Extremely friendly and forthcoming staff!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

in a midnight two guys have quarreled violently on the balcony. It took quite a long time. It was loud. Some peoples had become awake. I was in the internet room. Until I went into my room, no one from the hostel staff has come , to calm the situation. But please, no work termination of the affected employees.

• 16th Jul 2014