Riga Hostel Reviews

Merkela 1, 4th floor, Riga, Latvia

Quite nice hostel. Maybe floor was to noisy when walking, sometimes it was disturbing. And at the moment sink in the kitchen wasn't functioning. But the staff was very nice, friendly and helpful.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Lithuania

Basically a hostel in a McDonald's, comfortable beds, good wifi, good for transport, not far from bus station and staff always available to help.

Great hostel, staffs are the BEST!

Helpfull staff, good location, good price.

Amazing staff and very helpful with anything we asked. If i come back to Riga i will stay in this hostel.

Very cheap and clean hostel in good location. The staff was also very nice and helpfull. They also gave me some suggestions for the places I could visit and the busses I could take. Thank you!

Nice hostel to stay in, even it doesnt really has a common area, but lots of sitting places. Staffs are super helpful. More like stay in a friends apartment then a hostel.

It is the best hostel I have ever stayed!! Not to mention the free breakfast, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They will try their best to help you with everything! The hostel itself is very clean and also has lots of sofa, which makes me feel like home. I will definitely come back next time!

Everything was alright. The main problem came from one of the girl working at the reception : she was basically not professional. We had to wait in front of her at least 15 min to ask her a question (she was speaking with her friends on the phone) ; she was using the kitchen whereas many people (who paid for that!!!) were waiting ; she was clearly bored to be there and not friendly at all. Moreover she spent her day kissing her boyfriend instead of trying to be helpful for travelers...

Relaxed hostel with heaps of information about the city and budget tips. Not a great place to socialize though, as there is no real common room. Good hostel for the price, location is great, basically between the Old City and the Market and above a Macca's.

It was a nice and lovely hostel with a very good value for price.

• 26th Nov 2015

Good location. A short walk to the Old Town, Central Market, bus and train stations. To get to the hostel you need to go inside the McDonald's and find the lift that will take you up to the 4th floor. We stayed in a private room with a double bed which was very spacious. The bed wasn't the comfiest, but most areas were clean and the staff were friendly. Free breakfast is normal hostel standard. The bed was made and they provided free towels. Overall good value for money.

Though Riga hostel is not in the old town, I still love the location. Really near the circus. Since I have a big suitcase with me, I'm glad that there's lift and I don't have to pass stone road to arrive hostel. Breakfast is really good. Socket is not enough and roommates age range are quite differently. Anyway, it's a good hostel with this price!

We stayed only one night, but it gave us exactly what we needed. Unusually good breakfast for a hostel, great location, good sleep. Nicely decorated quite place.

A great stay the staff were really helpful and the hostel was remarkably clean. With the cheap cost Riga hostel has be one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• 15th Oct 2015

Thanks man! :) Safe travels and see you another time!

Great staff makes this place very enjoyable. Hostel is a great value, lights and outlets for every bed, bathrooms are cleanclean, and hot water showers are a plus. Walking distance to many nice places in the city, as well as the bus andx train station.

The locker on were outside the room and the key seems not to close, anyways it gives a security feeling and that helped not to the up others when i early

The Hostel is above a McDonald's and if you want to open the windows the rooms smell like McDonald's all day.

• 12th Oct 2015

Nice place to stay for me,because the train station is very close to hostel and bus station is just around the corner. I like to stay here,and I'll be there again when I'll need to stay in Riga.

• 11th Oct 2015

For the price I paid and the facilities and location offered, I cannot leave any bad remarks about things the hostel itself can improve on; simply because everything worked perfectly well. Overall a very comfy and friendly place to stay at, and for the ones that don't ask for much luxury it is definitely a place to recommend.