Riga Old Town Hostel & Backpackers Pub Reviews

43 Valnu Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

I've been in many hostels but this was the best one I've ever stayed in! Camper van bar and a Hot knowledgable lady behind the bar called Zane very helpful young lady! Stevey mazza and Mikey stevo from liverpool

we stayed for 3 nights at these athmospheric hostel and we enjoyed Riga as well as the hostel. Although one night was very noisy - inside the hostel and outside as well. Well, its a party city! I can recommend this place!

It is a very nice environment for those looking for a lot of fun or just a cool place to stay. The only suggestion I would do is to remove the game there is on the 2nd floor because it makes strong noises when playing and it bothers those sleeping right above, maybe to the -1floor.

I stayed one night, but I will come again for more nights. I loved the pub "under" the hostel. Staff was excellent and location was right where I wanted it in the old city of Riga, right next to the bus stop from airport. I also found company in the hostel since I was alone and they have a nice price policy for their guests in the pub! Cheers!

It was nice, other hostels offer a free breakfast, they offer a free breakfast beer :)

• 20th Nov 2014

amazing staff, very well located. Would definately come back.

Awesome place to stay, great staff, one of my favourite hostels in Europe. Great atmosphere and really close to where you need to be.

Good wifi, great pub that plenty of other travellers attend. No cooking facilites and not the place to stay if you don't plan on having a big night

Good wifi and pub downstairs. Difficult to socialise during the day however once the pub fills up its easy. Not cooking facilites. Great shower and toilet rooms. Can get noisy at night so don't stay if you want a quiet night sleep

Good hostel, excellent location. Recommended

The place is great. Great atmosphere, good location and reasonable price!

When you're aware of the fact that this hostel does not have a kitchen of any sort and that the two floors below are a pub (in fact the reception is at the bar) it is an excellent hostel. The stuff is very friendly and helpful, the location is very close to both the bus/train station and the city center and there is a good mix of locals and internationals at the Aussi pub downstairs.

Centrally located hostel. Clean rooms and showers. Comfortable beds. Don't go to bed before the bar closes though. It may lack a common room, but then again there's a bar.

One of the best hostels I stayed in. Excelent location, staff is amazing, rooms are big and clean, the bar is really cool. Only thing I would add is breakfast, but thats ok.

Nice hostel great bar with lots of on tap beer, friendly helpful staff, nice big rooms clean bathrooms. We would stay again :)

Hostel and pub united together - you can imagine what to expect. It is very good place to socialize, make new friends and drink together. Though loud music, you can have rest there after long trip, but be ready to have your earplugs with you if your ears are sensitive. Rooms are quite basic, but if you pretend to have full service - go to the hotel. Would recommend for true-backpackers and travellers up to 30-35

I've stayed at hostels all over Europe in the past few years and this was the best yet! The staff were brilliant (particular mention to Zane, Ruta and Madara!)- really helpful on arrival, told us where and where not to go, always had a smile on their faces and showed us some great nights out. Would happily go back (and probably will!) had such a great time that we stayed for 4 nights instead of the originally planned 2.

• 15th Aug 2014

Not only a great hostel but also a great pub. And since it was also a pub, it was possible to talk with locals and people who were traveling. We were a group of four and stay in a four bed dorm. The beds were really comfortable and there were two sockets in every bed to charge the battery of the phone or camera (or use whatever you like) and the internet was fast. The entire hostel was really clean and new, with a very nice architecture. The only con was that there was no kitchen.

Fit bar maids but pretty poor hostel. Not good to visit as a lone traveller and poor music choice. All commerical rock from the late 90s. And a very boring Australian man lives there.

• 7th Aug 2014

Very clean, friendly, and safe! Great atmosphere.

• 2nd Aug 2014