Riga Old Town Hostel & Backpackers Pub Reviews

43 Valnu Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Had the best stay here! Definitely one of the best hostels that I've stayed in, love the Aussie bar! Welcome drink was ace, don't have a bad word to say about our stay, me and my mates loved it here!

The staff and the receptionist was very cool :D, Very satisfied with the place.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • India

Clean, great location, good staff BUT no kitchen, no fridge, and if you think of staying there you should no its not a cozy place its a very loud bar with hard rock all the time so you cant really chill. We hardly ever stayed in the bar because you couldnt talk or hang out because the music was so loud. After 2 its quiet and staff really makes sure of that so thats good! Location couldn't be better though!

Very good hostel, rooms are above a pub do they tend to be a bit loud but you should expect that when you book. Overall awesome place with nice staff, clean rooms, free morning drink. Would definitely recommend to friends .

Great hostel, one of the best I've stayed in, really well kept, good cheap drinks in the backpackers bar too! Only negative was getting bitten 42 times by the little pesky flies in the room; take some spray!

• 16th Oct 2015

Great hostel! Thanks for everything!

Very cool accommodations, personnel and environment. The bathrooms could be better, though. I would definitely be back there if I come back to Riga someday.

DEAR SIRS WE INFORM YOU THAT OUR LUGGAGE IN THE STORAGE ROOM HAS BEEN STOEN BY THE THEIFE WHICH TOLD BY THE MANAGER OF HOSTEL.WE HAVE WRITTEN LETTER TO HIM WHICH OUR LOST 1 OUR SELF MEDICINES(IMPORTANT) FOR OUR TRAVELING IN EUROPE.2CLOTES ,3 AIRLINE TICKET. ALL IN A LOVELY LUGGAGE .NOW THERE IS NO NEWS FROM HOSTEL.KINDLY HELP US HOW TO COMPENSESSE. FOR US.

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Thailand

Great hostel. I was a bit scared that everybody said it was so noisy as its on top of a bar, but I found that its actually well sound isolated. If you close the door its quite silent. Quality of construction is very good, beds were comfortable. Staff were super friendly. I got a welcome beer and a breakfast beer; unconventional but funny. Recommended.

One of the best Hostels I have stayed :)

One thing I learned from staying here was that I'm not willing to trade a classic hostel common room for a bar. I thought the idea sounded cool, but I just had too much difficulty meeting fellow travelers in the bar. While the facilities were.fine, and the staff was so helpful they were almost obsequious, this just wasn't my kind of place.

Really nice clean hostel, the bar downstairs is a great place to chill or start a night out from.

Great little party hostel in the middle of everything, awesome music, and drinks. But if you want a decent sleep, you should probably avoid this place, air conditioning doesn't work, and the street noise continues until around 4am (earplugs are provided though)

• 27th Aug 2015

It was nice but load

Funny hostel and the pub in the lower floor is perfect for having some beers or tale a coffee. If you're a backpacker that really need to sleep, I don't recommend this hostel. It is very noisy hostel until 3-4am especially in the first rooms floor. Impossible to sleep if you're tired or need to wake up early.