Riga Old Town Hostel & Backpackers Pub Reviews

43 Valnu Iela, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Easily the best hostel I've stayed in. I couldn't have asked for anything a single thing to be any better. Immaculate. Comfortable. Great atmosphere. No problems whatsoever.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Wales

Great place, it's a party hostel but with our private room it's really up to you to take part in it or not. Don't notice the noise or anything, while you can crab a beer any time you like. Really enjoyed the place and the area!

This place is awesome... for the right person. I'm willing to say it was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I was looking for an inexpensive place that was really close to old town with an amazing bar. It had all of those things. The bar had insane deals almost every night and it was a great place to meet people. You also get morning beers and a welcome beer. Honestly, were you looking for more? Stay here. It's great.

A great place for beer drinkers. And a loud one. More of a pub, than of a hostel.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Ukraine

Great place to stay. clean, secure and å friendly staff. Did not manage to get up in time (before 12) to get my free breakfast beer though! Good for meeting people if you are a solo traveller.

Did I really miss the kitchen?

• 27th Feb 2015

This hostel was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The beds are super comfy the rooms have block out curtains, they provide towels clean linen and super hot showers that you don't want to get out of. Location is awesome right in the middle of Old Town walking distance to everything. You get a welcome beer and a check out beer which is a nice touch from a combi van that's been decked out as a bar. Staff are super helpful. 10 out of 10 for everything.

This is perhaps the coolest, friendliest hostel I have stayed in in many years. As long as you remember the clearly stated facts: a) there is no kitchen and b) this is not a 'quiet' place, theres no way you can fail to have an awesome time here. Warm welcoming staff, sparkling clean facilities, funky decor, amazing bar and good prices. Even though I saw all of Riga this time, i'm coming back just to hang out here.

• 16th Jan 2015

One of the best Hostels I've ever stayed in. Great bar!

• 28th Dec 2014

The staff were fantastic! Excellent value for money had a great stay and would happily stay again

I've been in many hostels but this was the best one I've ever stayed in! Camper van bar and a Hot knowledgable lady behind the bar called Zane very helpful young lady! Stevey mazza and Mikey stevo from liverpool

we stayed for 3 nights at these athmospheric hostel and we enjoyed Riga as well as the hostel. Although one night was very noisy - inside the hostel and outside as well. Well, its a party city! I can recommend this place!

It is a very nice environment for those looking for a lot of fun or just a cool place to stay. The only suggestion I would do is to remove the game there is on the 2nd floor because it makes strong noises when playing and it bothers those sleeping right above, maybe to the -1floor.

I stayed one night, but I will come again for more nights. I loved the pub "under" the hostel. Staff was excellent and location was right where I wanted it in the old city of Riga, right next to the bus stop from airport. I also found company in the hostel since I was alone and they have a nice price policy for their guests in the pub! Cheers!

It was nice, other hostels offer a free breakfast, they offer a free breakfast beer :)

• 20th Nov 2014

amazing staff, very well located. Would definately come back.

Awesome place to stay, great staff, one of my favourite hostels in Europe. Great atmosphere and really close to where you need to be.