Ring Hostel Reviews

via gaetano morgera n. 72, Ischia, Italy

Hostel provided a great atmosphere for meeting new people. Some areas were a bit dated / could do with a revamp but it served it's purpose brilliantly. Roof terrace perfect for having a beet and watching sunset. Lorenzo one of the owners was so so helpful and drove us to his family restaurant which is a must (food is incredible). All in all I would recommend Ring hostel, even if some parts are in need of an update,the sheer helpfulness of staff, warm welcome, location and atmosphere make it!

• 12th Sep 2014

from negative - beds are not of the best quality, and the pillows were pretty dirty. there was enough hot water only for a very-very quick shower. also, there was a mouse living in the kitchen. from positive - Lorenzo is a very nice guy (one of the brothers owning the place), and their family restaurant is great as well (good atmosphere, tasty food, great music). overall, this is a good place to stay while on ischia

This hostel has all the making for an amazing hostel but fails in the execution, having read the mixed reviews beforehand I didn't know what to expect. The hostel is in a good location and nice setting, but it was not very clean at all and the staff really didn't care to help the guests out, the "24hr reception" was quite frequently empty and it was obvious that the guests were a burden to the staff. Such a shame as the flyer for the hostel made it seem such a fun hostel, but it wasn't.

Good location and cheap price but not so clean and with almost nothing at breakfast. The staff didn't speak italian (local language)

• 15th Aug 2014

I adore this place. It's down to earth, happy go lucky atmosphere is just so welcoming and instantly puts you at ease. The location is fantastic just a couple of minutes' simple walk down one road and you're at a square full of restaurants bars and gelaterias. The reason I put average for security is because it's not as if everything is super under lock and key, but it really doesn't need to be on this quaint island! Enthusiastic hostel with dedicated staff and a great restaurant - wonderful.

Very dirty floors and shower with cold water really ruined the stay. What is more, the staff don't care about anything. As for the breakfast, it was nice

• 10th Aug 2014

Ring is a simple hostel but good. It's close to a nice area of Ischia (Forio). The breakfast is not that good but it's free.

The hostel itself was quiet good given the low prizes. Also the staff, Luke and Emma, were absolutely great, helpful and friendly!! Nevertheless there were a few days when the water wouldn't run properly - meaning no showers, hardly any water coming out of the sink, toilets wouldn't work either... Furthermore Guiseppe, one of the owners, seemed so unfriendly and cold. Everytime he showed up, he would be scolding his staff, even shouting at them. This makes me not wanting to come back!

This is the best hostel we stayed in on our month long trip! The hostel worker, Luke was lovely and helpful and made us feel very welcome. Lovely hostel and the views from the roof terrace are incredile. The family also own a restaurant and a beach bay that we could use for free during the day. The highlight was going to the family restaurant then taking us to the hot springs in the evening with wine they make themselves! We stayed here for 2 nights but we wished we had extended our trip!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

This was the best hostel stay during the entire trip in Italy. The staff was extremely courteous. In the evening, the owners arranged for a van to take us to and back from their family restaurant. The food was amazing and definitely worth every Euro. Ischia itself is a non-touristy, affordable place to stay, and an excellent alternative to Capri. If I had to repeat my 2 week Italy trip, I would come straight to Ischia and stay at Ring Hostel.

We enjoyed the hostel, good price for the money. I wouldn't recommend the breakfast though – we ate out for breakfast every morning after trying it; stale and limited. As well as that, the wifi only works in the common room, and not in the individual rooms.

Bathrooms were either with cold or very hot water. Location was very good in the Nice little town of Forio a five minutes walk from the old town with restaurants, the harbour and beach...

The staff at Ring Hostel were unbelievably helpful - they will not only tell you about things to do on the island, but will take you to places of interest and to the family restaurant for some authentic Italian food. Great setting close to the beach and with a roof terrace with beautiful views.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The Ring Hostel is the ultimate home for all travelers. Whether you are looking for a short day adventure or a weekend full of fun, the Ring Hostel is a great stay. Not only is the Ring Hostel facilitated with comfortable amenities such as a large communal living space & a kitchen open whenever, there is also a rooftop terrace to hang out on. Furthermore, the Ring Hostel is owned by one of the most generous families ever - the Colella Family. Staying at the Ring Hostel will make your experience!

I stayed 2 nights here and it wasn't like the reviews described the place. Maybe it used to be like that but there were food crumbs on the bed and floor and urine on the toilet seat when I arrived but I was the only person on my floor, there was no hot water, the non-italian blonde guy at reception, while friendly, overcharged me on my Hostelworld booking.

• 18th Jun 2014