Ring Hostel Reviews

via gaetano morgera n. 72, Ischia, Italy

This was the best hostel stay during the entire trip in Italy. The staff was extremely courteous. In the evening, the owners arranged for a van to take us to and back from their family restaurant. The food was amazing and definitely worth every Euro. Ischia itself is a non-touristy, affordable place to stay, and an excellent alternative to Capri. If I had to repeat my 2 week Italy trip, I would come straight to Ischia and stay at Ring Hostel.

We enjoyed the hostel, good price for the money. I wouldn't recommend the breakfast though – we ate out for breakfast every morning after trying it; stale and limited. As well as that, the wifi only works in the common room, and not in the individual rooms.

Bathrooms were either with cold or very hot water. Location was very good in the Nice little town of Forio a five minutes walk from the old town with restaurants, the harbour and beach...

The Ring Hostel is the ultimate home for all travelers. Whether you are looking for a short day adventure or a weekend full of fun, the Ring Hostel is a great stay. Not only is the Ring Hostel facilitated with comfortable amenities such as a large communal living space & a kitchen open whenever, there is also a rooftop terrace to hang out on. Furthermore, the Ring Hostel is owned by one of the most generous families ever - the Colella Family. Staying at the Ring Hostel will make your experience!

• 21st Jun 2014

You MUST stay at this hostel if you are vacationing in Ischia! The hostel is family owned and very friendly. They also run an amazing restaurant that I highly recommend you try! Also, go to the natural hot springs one night. The staff will assist you in getting to the restaurant and hot springs if needed. We only planned on staying 2 nights but extended it to 5 because of the overall atmosphere of the island and hostel. You will never forget your stay here!

• 12th Jun 2014

The brothers were very friendly and welcoming, their hospitality is hard to beat. I enjoyed my short stay quite a bit and would definitely stay there again should I ever go back to the area. Top-notch! Their restaurant also has incredible food - authentic Italian. Try the rabbit ravioli!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Angola

I don't normally bother with making reviews, but for this place, the people and our experience...It definitely merits one! We were in Naples and saw all the boats in the port. We knew of Capri, but absolutely nothing of this place called Ischia, so we cut our stay in Naples short and decided to give it a try. Well, one night turned into 7 and we can say, without a doubt, this was the best time of our entire trip in Italy. This family, their kindness and their island is so beautiful!

• 3rd Jun 2014

I loved my stay here! Even extended it! Met some great people and the weather was great. The hostel is quirky and the owners Giuseppe and Lorenzo really make you feel welcome and at home. Eat at their restaurant - the food is REALLY GOOD!! They'll even give you a cooking class if you ask.

• 28th May 2014

Perfect place, clean, confortable and with good vibe. Very friendly italian staff, they were super nice and told me about the best places to go in Ischia and Italy. I planned to stay 1 night and ended up staying for 5 nights. Definitely going back!

• 25th May 2014
  • Argentina

I can’t have stayed at the same place as these one-time 100% reviewers. The location is ok for a populated, city-area hostel on an island. It’s basic & there really isn't any service. None. The room was SO musky, with soiled sheets, other people's trash in the dustbin, SLIMY & REALLY cold showers, thick brown stains on the toilet walls & breakfast was stale bread, broken juice machine, expired milk & bad machine-coffee. To capitalise like the other reviewers DON’T go to Ischia or STAY HERE!

• 20th May 2014

The atmosphere was amazing! Perfect location and family safe and friendly. You could enjoy as a single with safety and meeting people in mind, or as a couple on a romantic getaway. You could even travel with a family including kids and feel comfortable and at home. Love the family that runs the hostel and restaurant. You guys are amazing!

• 9th May 2014

Ischia is a safe place in general but the hostel makes you feel even more safe...it's like home. I traveled with my friends and we had so much fun here!! The brothers really helped us see the best parts of the island. If you go here, you MUST eat at their restaurant....usually hotel/restaurants are bad but theirs is SO good and all the locals were there (so you know it is truly good food). Ring Hostel is big, airy, and clean. It's also walking distance to the town of Forio & the beach - 5 stars!

• 9th May 2014

Great staff. A family runs this place and they are so helpful and friendly. The Colella's are super welcoming and will show you the true Ischia as only a local person can. I felt like we saw a part of the Island we couldn't have seen otherwise. They showed us their family garden, farm, and local agriculture. I live an organic healthy lifestyle and I found that they do too. I even took a cooking class which was excellent! The hostel is beautiful on so many levels. GO THERE!!

• 9th May 2014

nice hostel with spacious rooms, clean, close to Center( 5 minutes by walking). Lorenzo and his family were really nice. They really offered italian hospitality and gratitude. they also gave me some typical homemade italian dished, because I was the only guest and many of the restaurants were yet not opened. the recommendations they made for sightseeing were top......

This is a con. I booked theyr becos of the 100% reveiws but they were locked and not there. I rang the family restaurant and it was "closed fir winter" they said. So the 2X100 percento reviews under mine are false. I now see that 1 guy write only 2 reviews in 8 years! Just 2, and both for the Ring Hostel. And how did both people go to a closed ristarante? Hostelworld and Ring are conning us!

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

The Hostel was very clean and the owners and staff working there were always very helpful with ideas and places to go. The centre is not but a 5 minute walk from the hostel but the family /owners are always ready to give you ride if needed. They also own a resturant further up the hill and normally have pick up around 8 PM if you want to dine out instead of using the Ring Hostel's facility. It is a nice place to visit in all year but Summer is the best when the island is filled with tourists

This was a fantastic hostel the Family was so welcoming and couldn't do enough for us, it didn't feel like a hostel but rather like going to stay with friendsand family! Its close to the Forio port and centre (around 5 min walk).The family restaurant they take you every night is the Best.

• 14th Feb 2014