Ring Hostel Reviews

via gaetano morgera n. 72, Ischia, Italy

I feel like my experience would have been completely different if I had gotten to the Ring Hostel a few weeks earlier. The peek of tourist season was over and so was the hostel staff's care and attention to their guests. Lorenzo promised rides to the hot springs, to his family's restaurant in the next town, and advertised nightly pasta dinners, none of which actually happened. The breakfast also got progressively less good as the week went on, as if they were avoiding another grocery shop

This is a friendly family run hostel. For that reason things are very casual. The building is the best part. It is a partly modernised antique house with the scent of jasmine from the nearby vegetation running throgh the staircase. There is plenty of terrace space to relax, sit or hang the washing out to dry. Washing machines are available and other extras at a very reasonable price. What could be better? Directions, lockers in the rooms, the number of places in each room & heat or air con

It was so dirty! They didn't have clean linen when I got there and there was no one at reception at night (or in the morning. They left a hand written note with a contact number. But stil...) the beds in the dorm are so close together that you touch the other guests when you move in the bed..... The website sends an inagen that resembles in no way the reality of the hostel!

The location is good , the owner was friendly enough. It has potential but there was to many paople using just 2 bathrooms and the whole place needs to be thoroughly cleaned. Also I came here based on the reviews which were perfect so when it didn't meet my expectations I thought the hostel was worse than what it was.

We loved this hostel so much that we took one night more! A special thanks to the director, Lorenzo, who will be there for you at anytime with a huge kindness!! Furthermore, the activities advised by the hostel are certified values and real!! And for the place, to be in Forio is a way better than Ischia, which is too much a touristic place! Bravo to all the the staff and thank you for everything!

the ring hostel is a magical place where you can chill out and forget about time. Very welcoming atmosphere (:

What a great place!!!! Booking here, is the best decision you can make when you want to have a good time. The owner was fantastic, he made sure everyone was happy and was very involved in the activities and everyone's day. Whenever you needed him, he made sure to help you as much as possible. Staying here, felt like coming home.

Ring Hostel made our stay at Ischia one big nice memory. The owner is super nice and helpful, he provided us better room although we paid less as there wasn´t that many people, the guesthouse is very nice, clean, with nice rooftop terrace where you can dring delicious homemade wine in the beautiful evenings. Very good satysfying breakfast included, the owner is also doing events in the city or on a beach almost every evening and gives you tips for anything you like. Big recommendation!!

i planned 3 nights at the ring hostel and ended up staying a month! Lorenzo you made me feel welcome right away! I learned so much about italian culture, made a lot of friends, had delicious food and wine.. and a LOT OF FUN I definetely reccomend spending a decent amount of time at the beautiful ring hostel (: the minute i left i began to miss it.

This is where you want to stay.

Ring hostel is absolutely amazing! The owner Lorenzo is the nicest,most accommodating person you will ever meet. as soon as you walk into the hostel you feel like you are home. clean bathrooms and showers,the kitchen has what you need to whip up a dish,but why cook your own when you can catch a ride with Lorenzo and friends to his delicious family restaurant . I have nothing but good things to say about Ring hostel and I was there for 6 nights. I will most definitely be returning to ring hostel!

I had a wonderful experience at Ring Hostel. The family was so nice and helpful. Lorenzo brought me cliff jumping and to the family restaurant. The food, the family, the adventures I had are so special and memorable. The hostel was clean and organized. Breakfast was healthy and good, fresh fruit from the garden for example. The upstairs terrace has breathtaking views and you forget that your in the center of the town. I give this hostel 5 stars

• 24th Jun 2015

Hands down best hostel I've stayed at ever. Lorenzo knows everything about Ischia and will gladly show you around the city. The hostel itself is beautiful, the experience couldn't have been better - went cliff diving, beach, hiking, had amazing food, natural hot springs at night. All really cheap. Would stay here again any time, people/culture is amazing. Ischia is my favorite place in Europe so far and I've been backpacking 2 months.

I had the best experience here. Stayed in June, very peaceful place in antique building in the center of town. Lorenzo was an excellent host and even went as far as driving us to the hot springs and cooking for us. There is no where else I would rather stay in Ischia and I will definitely be back.

• 20th Jun 2015

Lorenzo was a excellent host.

I would definitely recommend Ring Hostel! The hostel is located in the center of Forio which makes it so easy to walk to the beach and to do some shopping. The breakfast was amazing - fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, etc. I was surprised to see such a big breakfast at a hostel. The owners were so nice and helpful...they even offered me a lift to the family restaurant. The hostel is so clean and the rooms felt spacious even though it's full of people. I will never forget Ischia or the Ring Hostel.

• 15th May 2015

This was my second hostel on this island which I booked to escape the first. It was certainly better but it wasn’t great. They make a feature out of the oldness of the place, and in a sense, they succeed. It is old. And dusty and cold and musky. Top marks! There’s no hot water for showers, no wifi and the sundeck they talk about is 45 minute walk away. The 2 “brothers” I met were too busy to be interested in me so I left the island a little disillusioned.