Ringos Foyer Guest House Reviews

46-A Jln Portugis, Melaka, Malaysia

Super warm welcome by the staff. This hostel's owner has a big heart and will make sure you have a great stay! The house is a little old but everything is clean. The rooftop is awesome! For this price, it's very good value for money and the location is super central, too.

It was a little out of the downtown but super close to the Sentral bus station. The staff were super friendly - we were offered pineapple milkshakes on arrival!

Really good, the staff is very friendly, and even though the rooms looka bit old, everything is clean.

A terrific travel experience. I would not stay anywhere else if room was available. Excellent, fun staff, a cooperative attitude and knowledgeable host makes Ringo's a really mellow travel experience.

Das Hostel liegt ein wenig ausserhalb des direkten Zentrums, aber da Melaka nicht allzu groß ist, ist das garkein Problem und den Weg kann man gut nutzen um bereits einiges in Melaka zu erleben.

• 17th Dec 2015

Maybe my expectations were too high, as 17RM (+-3.5 euro) is really nothing for a dorm bed. The people running the hostel were nice and friendly. However the atmosphere didn't suit me. The bedroom was smelly, the owner thought it was due to the sheets so he changed them, but the smell was still there afterwards. The mattress and pillow were quite old and dirty. But as I mentioned I think if you are looking for a really cheap place to stay with friendly people, this might be the place for you.

Pretty basic hostel which is expected since the price per night is super cheap. The location is ideal as it's near both the bus station and tourist area. It's very easy to navigate. Bikes are readily available. it's just too bad I only stayed overnight so I was not able to rent one.

I was supposed to stay for a day or two and...stayed longer! I enjoyed my time there in the hostel and met some great people (both staff and guests). The hostel operates hot shower for people cycling long distance which adds to the atmosphere. The owner is very friendly as well. You can really feel like at home there.

Awsome place with awsome people. Nice, tidy and easy. Great valve for money

Very homely place, extremely comfortable and good location. Bikes available to rent which is very handy, cheap to stay at and plenty of films on the TV so was handy for when it was pissing with rain! However I was irritated that halfway through watching Captain America I was told to turn the TV off, there was a curfew?! I love Captain America I was not amused! Lol aside from that it was great.

Absolutely loved this place! It was easy to find and I felt welcome from the first second I came in. Perfect place when u're traveling on your own, because of the group dinners and bike tours where it is really easy to get to know the rest of the guests (which take place every evening btw). Highly recommended!

We stayed at Ringos for one night but had a very pleasent experience. Howard, our host, was very nice and made sure we were entertained.

My room smelled to tobacco for my entire stay. Not hostel fault since it is not allowed to smoke indoors. The host was super cool. Apart of making you feel at home, he introduced all the guests and made sure that you had a very welcoming arrival. I was not happy about my departure. I announced that I was going to leave very early, and I agreed with the staff to take my key deposit returned once I left. But... I never got it! Not nice...

Great location, close to everything you'd want to see and 2 minutes away from a bus stop that will take you to the main bus terminal, and had really friendly helpful staff. They ran a bike and dinner trip in the evening which was great, and a lovely way to see the city. It was quite basic but clean and had everything you needed, great for the price.

Hi, and thanks for the great stay! Ringo's has a great style and character. Too bad I visited on a quiet night, so I can't really comment on the atmosphere. The member of staff who welcomed me was also very friendly, professional and helpful. Two suggestions: Make sure someone's awake at the designated arrival time of a traveler - especially if it's late in the evening ;) (I was lucky I had a phone to call the owner) 2) Please don't leave the hostel unattended, even for a little while!

Great value for money, we paid pennies for a decent hostel - had everything we needed and was clean enough. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great communal area with kitchen and lounge with tv and hard drive of lots of movies, ideal for a chilled night. Location was decent too, about 1 min walk to Jonker Street, and near bus stop for access to bus station etc.

Great hostel in a great location, within walking distance to everything you want to do and see in Malacca. All the staff is extremely kind and helpful. And they are great at recommending places to eat in! Very pleasant stay and good value for money.

• 20th Aug 2015