Ringos Foyer Guest House Reviews

46-A Jln Portugis, Melaka, Malaysia

There wasn't anyone around when we needed help. Had to visit the reception a few times before we could talk to someone. We were checked in to a double room even though we requested a dorm. However, when we decided to ask the owner for blankets at night, he told us that we had to change rooms. No introduction to the area was given. Maybe because we area malaysians? They have a really nice rooftop which no one knew about.

Really welcoming staff who introduced me to all the guests when I arrived which was great. The reception/lounge area has a really homely feel to it. Great space on the roof although I didn't use it much. The place is by no means luxurious, but friendly staff and social atmosphere make up for it. Really great place, thank you!

Very friendly and helpful staff, but sometimes you get the feeling they are overattached. Efficient AC in the airconditioned rooms. Poor lighting. If you want to read a book in the evening it is impossible to find a good spot, especially in the room. You see the staff cleaning corridors, rooms and washrooms, but they are never really clean. There is the old dirt, that would need some more work than vacuuming and wiping and noone does it. Still great value for money.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Poland

The hostel was extremely cosy with couches and has an excellent selection of movies. The lounging area was very cooling with just fans, despite the scorching weather in Malacca. If you don't feel like heading out, chilling out in the hostel was a lovely experience too. The hostel was very clean and the staff very friendly. The location is excellent! Just a 5min walk to Chinatown and a short bus ride from the central bus station.

Ringos guest House is a really nice Hostel. The owner is such a friendly Person and takes care of you. They are offering bike Tours at Night to Show you the City and if you want you can join the Group for Dinner! All in all itis a great place to stay in melaka and I totally recommend it!

• 29th Sep 2014

very friendly host, he also organizes (night) bike trips through the city!

very cosy, many different public places for all tastes, beautiful, super people

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Hostel is full of character and close to the sights and restos. I think they are understaffed though and some areas need more attention. We had difficulty finding the hotel and followed the directions given however, to our great consternation, there were two Shell Petrol stations and two Hallmark Hotels. We ended up going around the city under the hot sun for what felt like hours. Best bit is that we were there during the weekend and the wares of Jonker Walk is just blocks away.

This hostel is very basic when it comes to the facilities, but it is kept clean, is in a good location, and the owner is an awesome host. I would recommend it for sure!

I couldn't relax here- whenever I tried to take a nap the younger lady would switch on all the lights of my dorm and open the door despite me being the only person in the dorm at the time. I would switch them off. And she would switch them back on, this on/off cycle continued every five minutes! Also when I was watching a program on the TV she would change the channel and hide the remote then leave the room. Not how you should be treating paying customers.

We really liked our stay here. Everything was nice! And the bike tour was great too. Thanks for the coffee in the morning :)

Hostel run by a great guy called Howard. Real homely feel. He also organises bike trips to local eateries in the evenings. Room was small but clean with air con. Bathrooms clean and plenty of them. Breakfast facilities handy. Roof terrace a definite bonus.

No complaints. Very chill, cosy, friendly, affordable hostel in a great location, just down from Jonker St. The room was warm, even with a fan going, but I stayed in early August, and it's summer, so what can you do? Wouldn't consider going anywhere else if I came back through Melaka.

This hostel was clean, comfy, central and so welcoming. The best hostel of our trip by far! Howard the owner is wonderful, as are the other staff. He goes out of his way to make sure you enjoy your trip, taking you to good places to eat, taking you on bike tours. The character of this place is on a different level and everyone we met was just so friendly! I cannot rate this place any higher! Everyone should go to Ringos!!

Friendly owner, great location, but no airco so very hot climate in the room.

This is the best hostel i have ever stayed at. Staff is very very nice and helpful. I really enjoy the two days in Ringos. It's value for money, good for backpackers.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Thailand

Atmosphere is very good and staff is really helpful, but it's just not clean enough and facilities are old

The owner is amazing is actually a host, one of those kind almost extinct these days.

The hostel is very old so for people who like it new and clean should not book with this hostel. Although it is one of the cheapest hostels, staff is really nice and takes you out for dinner every night.

Howard's really really nice, and the facilities are great. He took us every now and then to same good places to have dinner with him, riding bikes and everything. It was cool. II had a nice time there.

• 15th Jul 2014