Ringos Foyer Guest House Reviews

46-A Jln Portugis, Melaka, Malaysia

Good hostel. I chose it for the bike rental and the guided tour, which was really nice to have. It was also nice that they rented towels for a very reasonable price. The common area and the bathrooms were much cleaner than I expected too, which was nice. I feel like the hostel could have benefited from just a couple updates though. For instance, the rooftop is nice, but the chairs are really old. The beds are decently comfy, but the sheets and blankets are also very old.

Ringos guesthouse was in a good location and was in walking distance to all the main sights in Malaka.

Excellent location and friendly staffs. Definitely worth the money. I enjoyed my stay very much as the place makes everything feels so cosy.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

The location is brilliant 10 minute walk from everywhere which is brilliant. The staff well the only guy we met was so friendly and helpful with any questions. However it seemed like we were the only 2 people there even though it was supposed to be a full house. The rooms are so dark and as it's a guesthouse no shoes are aloud inside which was horrible for the toilets and shower use as it was dirty and I wasn't prepared to put on the flip flops they leave outside to wear!

hi Thank for you comment, What you expect just pay £2.90 ??can you get a meal in LONDON ??How many people you expect for ?? 100 ?? 200?? we not a PARTY Guest house, and if your looking for it , so sorry about that , you park you wrong car, and after 12 will swift off some hostel light to save the energy , backpacker hostel is not suitable for you, in fact you should pay more and stay the BOUTIQUE Hostel, thank for you support , have a nice travel .

Walking distance to famous UNESCO heritage Jonker Street, very convenient location. Love the roof top where you can enjoy the early morning sun and evening breeze! Will definitely go back again :)

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Howard is an excellent host! Took us on a guided bike Tour thru the city! Would definitively stay there again if our path takes us to melaka again!

exceptionally friendly staff, nice atmosphere overall.

• 10th Jul 2015

Really nice stay mainly due to the staff, Amélie was so friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is quite run down but clean enough, could do with a refurb. Ants in the bathroom. Good location.

This place is not very clean but very close to Jonker Street and had great security. Unfortunately the owner that everyone raves about was only there on the morning we checked out. He was more helpful in 5 minutes than the (I think French) girl who checked us in 3 night previous, who was extremely unhelpful! I think I would have had an awesome time if the owner was there the whole time but it was unavoidable

I've stayed in dozens of hostels in recent years, and don't normally feel the need to make comments. This was an exception. The bed in my shabby 'superior room' was broken and therefore extremely uncomfortable, and the sheets were dirty. Indeed the whole hostel was dirty. Staff were aloof, unhelpful and unapologetic. All round a terrible experience, I switched to a different hostel as soon as I could.

Thanks for your comment and really apologize for what you have experienced with our hostel. We did apologise on the spot and wanted to change you another room but you have rejected our offer with angered and insisted to leave. BTW, the room that you have booked was a standard double room instead of the superior room. Felt sorry to say that if it's out of your expectation. Its fair and square, you get what you pay for( £8 per night). Our sincerest apologies to you and happy travelling!

A really comfortable, well-maintained hostel in a good location. Howard was a helpful and enthusiastic host. He even helped me rescue two tops that had blown from the rooftop terrace at 7:15am on the morning of our departure!!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Bike tour was great, took us to a nice Indian place for food. I'd recommend the tandoori chicken. Room was ok, only negative was the bed sheet didn't fit the bed and the pillow case didn't cover was ripped so it didn't cover either. If I had made the bed earlier I'm sure they would have changed for me, but I didn't want to ask people so late at night. Overall a good stay.

Hostel is in a good location. Its more of a house actually. The place is old and needs to be upgraded.

The location is perfect and the staff is very friendly. Put aside the value for money, the facilities is really old especially the bed and air-conditioning as Melaka is one of the hottest city in Malaysia. Definitely will recommend th.is hostel to traveler who looking for cheap and convenient place to stay, but not those who can bear heat.. :P

• 7th May 2015
  • Malaysia

We think our host was the friendliest and most helpful we have met on our travels in Malaysia

• 7th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

A very nice and simple guesthouse. There is only one hot water shower but at this hot weather, a cold bath would be much preferable. The room without air con is hot especially at night, would recommend those who can't take the heat to stay in an air con room. The rooftop is really nice especially during the evenings where the wind is strong. It's very near to Jonker Street food area during the night market.

Very good staff!

Very welcoming! It's not super fancy, but definitely comfortable enough considering the price! :)

Super friendly owner. Great location. Clean rooms. Only thing I didnt like is that no bath towels and no tooth paste were provided. The fridge in our room was not functioning and breakfast was just basic with coffee/toast

• 1st May 2015
  • India

Howard is amazing. bike rides and dinners and introduces everyone to each other