Ringos Foyer Guest House Reviews

46-A Jln Portugis, Melaka, Malaysia

very cosy, many different public places for all tastes, beautiful, super people

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Russia

This hostel is very basic when it comes to the facilities, but it is kept clean, is in a good location, and the owner is an awesome host. I would recommend it for sure!

I couldn't relax here- whenever I tried to take a nap the younger lady would switch on all the lights of my dorm and open the door despite me being the only person in the dorm at the time. I would switch them off. And she would switch them back on, this on/off cycle continued every five minutes! Also when I was watching a program on the TV she would change the channel and hide the remote then leave the room. Not how you should be treating paying customers.

We really liked our stay here. Everything was nice! And the bike tour was great too. Thanks for the coffee in the morning :)

Hostel run by a great guy called Howard. Real homely feel. He also organises bike trips to local eateries in the evenings. Room was small but clean with air con. Bathrooms clean and plenty of them. Breakfast facilities handy. Roof terrace a definite bonus.

No complaints. Very chill, cosy, friendly, affordable hostel in a great location, just down from Jonker St. The room was warm, even with a fan going, but I stayed in early August, and it's summer, so what can you do? Wouldn't consider going anywhere else if I came back through Melaka.

This hostel was clean, comfy, central and so welcoming. The best hostel of our trip by far! Howard the owner is wonderful, as are the other staff. He goes out of his way to make sure you enjoy your trip, taking you to good places to eat, taking you on bike tours. The character of this place is on a different level and everyone we met was just so friendly! I cannot rate this place any higher! Everyone should go to Ringos!!

Friendly owner, great location, but no airco so very hot climate in the room.

This is the best hostel i have ever stayed at. Staff is very very nice and helpful. I really enjoy the two days in Ringos. It's value for money, good for backpackers.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Thailand

Atmosphere is very good and staff is really helpful, but it's just not clean enough and facilities are old

The owner is amazing is actually a host, one of those kind almost extinct these days.

The hostel is very old so for people who like it new and clean should not book with this hostel. Although it is one of the cheapest hostels, staff is really nice and takes you out for dinner every night.

Howard's really really nice, and the facilities are great. He took us every now and then to same good places to have dinner with him, riding bikes and everything. It was cool. II had a nice time there.

• 15th Jul 2014

simple hostel good for a night's stay. Could use soap in the bathrooms to wash hands.

Really nice hostel with a great atmosphere and lovely roof terrace. The staff are very friendly and there is free breakfast

Owner is super cool guy! So far the best guest house I've been to.

Howard will warm your mind especially while you have a long trip! :)

Location is good. It's not at the mainroad, but pretty close, so it is quiet. Just walk 2 minutes to mainroad or to sighseeing locations.

The owner of this hostel is really really nice and sweet, he always show the guest around the old town in the evening by cycling which can give us a different view on Malaka~ what a pitty I just cannot ride a bicycle, so he provide me with a mini scooter , which is really funny when I fall behind my friends.

The place was nice, but no air condition in the room even though it's written in the description.

« first « Prev 1 2 3