Ringos Foyer Guest House Reviews

46-A Jln Portugis, Melaka, Malaysia

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed! Once you check in, tthe owner Howard introduces you to other guests which makes you more comfortable to mingle, and takes you to the tour on the facility. Howard organizes dinner get together, takes you to cycling at night with local cycling team, give out drinks....He knows how to entertain backpackers!

The first thing on your arrival is the super friendly amazing hostel owner Howerd. Haven't seen anyone so enthusiastic in his job as he. He gives you a tour in the hostel, introduces you to all the other guest, takes you to nice restaurants and is full of knowledge of good things to do in Melaka. Hostel is a good place to hang around as well! The showers and rooms are not special but it's good and clean enough and you get your money's worth triple! Loved my stay

I stay in a private room with two of my friends. We got an air-conditioned room for only 20 RM per person per night! The bedrooms are clean, also the bathroom and the whole hostel area. However, upon our arrival, Howard (the owner) was super kind. He introduces us to the guest hostel who were around and even encourages us to mingle with other people. He also gave us recommendation about food and direction to the attraction area in Melaka. Definitely going back if I ever return here!

Howard was fantastic and so helpful and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. I would recommend this hostel to anyone going to Malaca

Amazing atmosphere thanks in large part to the outstanding manager, Howard. Fantastic place to meet fellow backpackers and get to know Melaka. Facilities are good and the rooftop patio is awesome, plus it's a great deal. Highly recommended!

• 12th Jan 2015

This place is unique, thanks to Howard, the crazy owner of this hostel! Howard is so friendly, he put a lot of effort in bringing people together and he organises biking tours. The accommodation is basic (clean though), but Howard made our stay excellent!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Very nice, stylish with cosy places (upper living room or roof top are perfect). Owner is nice guy. Whole place seems very relaxing and "feel free" attitude. We enjoyed the stay even if were only for one night.

The host is super friendly and helps with everything. You quickly get in touch with everybody at the hostel and meet new people. But the dorm we stayed in was disgusting. There was something like mold in my pillow, there were massive spiderwebs everywhere in the room and the fans were old and rusty. We didn't use them because the smell they spread in the room was just awful. I would never stay at that place again.

• 21st Dec 2014

A really nice pleasant place with a lovely chilled atmosphere! Thank you Howard

A great hostel! Howard and the staff are exceptionally friendly, making newcomers feel right at home. They not only give a quick tour of things, but also make an effort to introduce you to other guests! Howard also arranges a dinner and bike trip out nearly every night, which is a great way to see the city and meet people. As well as try restaurants you otherwise might not! Sometimes there are outings during the day, too. If I go back to Melaka, I'd definitely stay here again!

Howard and Andrew were absolutely brilliant, so helpful, provided a great atmosphere and really made an effort to introduce everyone to each other. Took us on a bike ride to the local's markets then we all ate the food with beers on the roof terrace. Howard gave us restaurant recommendations that changed our lives! Rooms were basic but had everything we needed, as they living area and roof terrace were great. Highly recommend this hostel and would visit again. Thank you Howard

Ver well located, nice staff willing to help you, lovely terrace, good WIFI connection... Thumbs up for this place!

It was generally a good hostel. All the passive aggressive notes around the place from management can be a little off-putting. The boss wasn't always there and sometimes it was hard to find staff.

Howard is an excellent owner. He made his guests feel very at home. Funny chap who made the stay enjoyable. However, the overall cleanliness of the place can be improved. My room was rather dusty. And I didn't quite fancy the dimly lit room. But overall, the hostel is at an excellent location and the stay was worth the value.

A fantastic place to stay! Both Howard and Andrew were really friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure their guests were happy. The bike tours each night were fantastic, it was wonderful see different parts of the city. Highly reccomend. Thanks again!

It was amazing to meet so friendly staff here, I spend a wonderful time in ringo's! It seems like at home, eat and play with the staff and other guests~ Drink beers and talk in the roof, everything was so nice!! I'll absolutely choose ringo's when come to Melaka again!

There wasn't anyone around when we needed help. Had to visit the reception a few times before we could talk to someone. We were checked in to a double room even though we requested a dorm. However, when we decided to ask the owner for blankets at night, he told us that we had to change rooms. No introduction to the area was given. Maybe because we area malaysians? They have a really nice rooftop which no one knew about.

thank for you comment , why not you mention we allow you check in early the morning when the dorm is full and we put it in the AC ROOM?? 2nd according to the booking what you book is dorm bed, it is the wrong way i put you back to the dorm?? we do offer you the good price for you keep the same room right ?How i can show you when your sleep in the room till you came and meet us ? I’m Malaysian too,if you think it because of that, mean you have attitude problem.

Really welcoming staff who introduced me to all the guests when I arrived which was great. The reception/lounge area has a really homely feel to it. Great space on the roof although I didn't use it much. The place is by no means luxurious, but friendly staff and social atmosphere make up for it. Really great place, thank you!

Very friendly and helpful staff, but sometimes you get the feeling they are overattached. Efficient AC in the airconditioned rooms. Poor lighting. If you want to read a book in the evening it is impossible to find a good spot, especially in the room. You see the staff cleaning corridors, rooms and washrooms, but they are never really clean. There is the old dirt, that would need some more work than vacuuming and wiping and noone does it. Still great value for money.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Poland

The hostel was extremely cosy with couches and has an excellent selection of movies. The lounging area was very cooling with just fans, despite the scorching weather in Malacca. If you don't feel like heading out, chilling out in the hostel was a lovely experience too. The hostel was very clean and the staff very friendly. The location is excellent! Just a 5min walk to Chinatown and a short bus ride from the central bus station.