Ringos Foyer Guest House Reviews

46-A Jln Portugis, Melaka, Malaysia

Our stay was fine until we got bed bugs.

• 18th Apr 2014

The owner makes the place work! Howard enjoys his hostel and the guests there. He takes anyone that wishes to go on a bike ride in the evenings and then to a local place to eat. Great location and good place to stay in Malaka. I had a fan room and stayed comfortable without air. I am not a person that likes air-con, though, so it might be different with someone else. The room only locked with the room key, no hasp to add your own lock and no lockers is why I gave the security as good.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Ringos. It is exactly what a hostel should be. Cheap and cheerful, and very friendly place to stay. The location is great, 5 mins walk from all the tourist sites but far enough away to be quiet. Staff are extremely friendly - all the guests were introduced to each other by Howard and taken out to the night market one evening. I would definitely stay there again on a future trip to Malacca.

Had a great time at Ringos Foyer, Howard was an outstanding owner and really made you feel like you were part of a little family there. Met some great people. Really nice where you all go for dinner together then can all chill out with a few drinks together on the rooftop or watch a film. Great atmosphere!! Extended our stay here. Howard is more than happy to help you with anything and is very trusting with all his guests which is really lovely. Thanks Howard!!! :D

Good location, good staffs .

It's a really nice guest house. The owner is so nice. Actually I forgot my cellphone there and I was in the bus station by that time. He just called the taxi driver and sent the phone to me . That's really very nice. I appreciate a lot. It's like a big family there and you would like it. Best choice

Really nice hostel and great price. Stayed in a 3 bed room with two friends for two nights. Had AC which worked fine. We even got cold most nights. The best bit was Howard who ran the hostel. He took is out every night on bikes for free around the city and then a stop for dinner. It was a great way to get to know others in the hostel. Location is also good, just off honker street. You can walk there in 5 minutes. Cool garden terrace also.

The place is very basic , but the price is accordingly cheap. What makes the place so nice is Howard, the owener. He introduces you to other guests as soon as you arrive, takes you to local food stalles for dinner. Sometimes, if you are lucky, he might lend every guest a bycicle and take you for a ride around town after dinner. You feel that all he wants is to make you happy and he looks so happy being around his guests. Thank youHoward!

• 10th Mar 2014

The boss Howard is very helpful and kind. I made lots of friends here and even met again in KL. In single room there is no air-conditioner but it's ok since I had good sleep.

マラッカの、チャイナタウンや、クリストチャーチからとても近く、徒歩で行くことができました。 また、屋上はとても風が気持ちよく、かわいいペイントがあり、ずっと過ごすことができます。蟻や、イモリが時々現れ”きれい!”とは、言えません(笑) しかし、オーナーがとってもとっても、良い方で、毎晩ゲストの方々を晩御飯に連れてってくれて、困ったことがあったら、すぐに助けてくれました。ほんとに、良いホステルだと思います!

Staff and atmosphere is wonderfull! If i come back Malaka, I'll choose this hostel again.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Russia

An excellent hostel! The owner Howard was a pleasure to stay with. Very helpful and friendly. Couldn't recommend this place enough! Thanks Howard!

We stayed at Ringo's Foyer for 3 nights. Howard and his team were very very friendly and helpful. It felt to us like living with our families. We went together for dinner and he showed us around with the bikes. It's a clean and chilled out place with a awesome roof top (good view over town). We enjoyed the company of the other travellers and the worm atmosphere. We definitely would recommend this place to everybody that stays in Melaka. Thanks. Roy and Mel

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

The owner was super friendly and made an efford to getting to know the guests and make them have a pleasant stay. What I liked particularly was that there were many common areas where you could sit comfortably and talk to other guests. The common area on the rooftop has a great athmosphere, the lighting and the view on the city are very nice. I would definitely recommend this guesthouse :)

What makes or breaks a hostel isn't the facilities, but the staff and boy does the staff make this hostel. The owner Howard is quite the character and personally ensures every guest has a great time; upon arriving, he took me and a group of six others to a local Chinese New Year festival. How often do you get these kinds of experiences? Every aspect of Ringo's Foyer is top-notch; I would definitely recommend it to anyone in Malacca.

Great place to stay for access to Chinatown and if you want to meet others. Howard, the owner, introduced us to all other guests and took us out for 2 meals and on a 2 hour night bike ride which was a real highlight. The room was a straightforward double and there is a great tv area and huge roof terrace to relax on.

The hostel has a nice atmosphere, where you can meet another travellers, the staff is very friendly and its cited near to the city center (5 min walking).

A few days ago I dared to leave a 66%-anonymous-review on this hostel, but the owner took it personally, commented it and used our full names in it not respecting our privacy. He must have looked it up in his bookings. Hostelworld deleted it. Because of this I am even more disappointed of the owner/hostel. Second try: Our stay wasnt bad, but it's not one of the best hostels we stayed during our RTW-trip. Cheap place to sleep and good location, but it was not cozy, not very clean + a bit shabby.

The owner is a really wonderful guy ! I had many awesome experiences while staying here , the hostel is like a home, book filled and cosy , even with Christmas tree ! Keep an open mind, grab a bike and go on a night time cycle along the river with some tunes. Relax !

We loved Ringos! Howard, who runs Ringos, is a very friendly chap, eager to help his guests and have a laugh. We stay here over New Year's Eve and a bbq was put on for the guests on the rooftop balcony! As a traveling couple, we selected a private room and private bathroom. Oh wow! We loved our room! It was huge and we even has a little living room with a bar fridge. If you are visiting Melaka and like the atmosphere of hostels, Ringos is THE place to stay!