Ringos Foyer Guest House Reviews

46-A Jln Portugis, Melaka, Malaysia

Howard is the best staff member/hostel owner I've met in almost two yrs of travelling. If something is happeninf, he makes sure everyone knows about it and will personlly invite people. He runs a dinner bike tour and makes an effort to know everyone's name. The building and furniture seem to be getting a bit run down but it has everything you need, plus an awesome rooftop. Would definitely stay again and will recommend it to anyone heading to Melaka simply because of Howard!

He does a great job at introducing everyone and even does a night bike tour which was really great way to see the city and meet people. It is located in a really good spot just next to Junker Walk. The place is super dirty though and there are mats everywhere that look as though they have never been washed. I accidentally wore my shoes inside and he literally chased me out the door screaming. The showers are cold and the bathrooms look super dirty. Alright for the money but not good enough.

Anne From USA No surprise for you comment, 1st) thank for you enjoying the bike ride. 2nd)we do have the note NO Outside Shoes inside the HOUSE,when i ask you, you just declare it only wear it inside, No outside, so now you change the story from "Purposely" to "Accidentally", And Do you really have a "Friends"?Coz all the guest can sense that negative energy from you since you check in, Yup! as my advice Please Pay more and stay fancy hostel, not backpacker hostel if you have the Cleanliness!

Howard is a fantastic host! It feels more like a home than a hostel!! We went on a late night bike ride tour with Howard and it was fantastic! If you are going to malacca stay here. Thanks Liam and Michaela

• 30th Jan 2015

Very cool hostel. Great owner.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed! Once you check in, tthe owner Howard introduces you to other guests which makes you more comfortable to mingle, and takes you to the tour on the facility. Howard organizes dinner get together, takes you to cycling at night with local cycling team, give out drinks....He knows how to entertain backpackers!

Good location, can walk to everything you need. Howard's night time cycles to restaurants are fun and there were always staff around to help you. The washing machine to use is a big plus, lots of communal areas with rugs that wouldn't look out of place at my grandparents.

The first thing on your arrival is the super friendly amazing hostel owner Howerd. Haven't seen anyone so enthusiastic in his job as he. He gives you a tour in the hostel, introduces you to all the other guest, takes you to nice restaurants and is full of knowledge of good things to do in Melaka. Hostel is a good place to hang around as well! The showers and rooms are not special but it's good and clean enough and you get your money's worth triple! Loved my stay

I stay in a private room with two of my friends. We got an air-conditioned room for only 20 RM per person per night! The bedrooms are clean, also the bathroom and the whole hostel area. However, upon our arrival, Howard (the owner) was super kind. He introduces us to the guest hostel who were around and even encourages us to mingle with other people. He also gave us recommendation about food and direction to the attraction area in Melaka. Definitely going back if I ever return here!

Howard was fantastic and so helpful and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. I would recommend this hostel to anyone going to Malaca

Amazing atmosphere thanks in large part to the outstanding manager, Howard. Fantastic place to meet fellow backpackers and get to know Melaka. Facilities are good and the rooftop patio is awesome, plus it's a great deal. Highly recommended!

This place is unique, thanks to Howard, the crazy owner of this hostel! Howard is so friendly, he put a lot of effort in bringing people together and he organises biking tours. The accommodation is basic (clean though), but Howard made our stay excellent!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Very nice, stylish with cosy places (upper living room or roof top are perfect). Owner is nice guy. Whole place seems very relaxing and "feel free" attitude. We enjoyed the stay even if were only for one night.

The host is super friendly and helps with everything. You quickly get in touch with everybody at the hostel and meet new people. But the dorm we stayed in was disgusting. There was something like mold in my pillow, there were massive spiderwebs everywhere in the room and the fans were old and rusty. We didn't use them because the smell they spread in the room was just awful. I would never stay at that place again.

• 21st Dec 2014

A really nice pleasant place with a lovely chilled atmosphere! Thank you Howard

A great hostel! Howard and the staff are exceptionally friendly, making newcomers feel right at home. They not only give a quick tour of things, but also make an effort to introduce you to other guests! Howard also arranges a dinner and bike trip out nearly every night, which is a great way to see the city and meet people. As well as try restaurants you otherwise might not! Sometimes there are outings during the day, too. If I go back to Melaka, I'd definitely stay here again!

I loved staying Ringo's Foyer, the staff were incredibly helpful and the rooftop was a great place to meet people! I loved the bicycle tour around the town too! However, the hostel is in much need of a re-vamp and a good clean!

Howard and Andrew were absolutely brilliant, so helpful, provided a great atmosphere and really made an effort to introduce everyone to each other. Took us on a bike ride to the local's markets then we all ate the food with beers on the roof terrace. Howard gave us restaurant recommendations that changed our lives! Rooms were basic but had everything we needed, as they living area and roof terrace were great. Highly recommend this hostel and would visit again. Thank you Howard

Ver well located, nice staff willing to help you, lovely terrace, good WIFI connection... Thumbs up for this place!

It was generally a good hostel. All the passive aggressive notes around the place from management can be a little off-putting. The boss wasn't always there and sometimes it was hard to find staff.

Howard is an excellent owner. He made his guests feel very at home. Funny chap who made the stay enjoyable. However, the overall cleanliness of the place can be improved. My room was rather dusty. And I didn't quite fancy the dimly lit room. But overall, the hostel is at an excellent location and the stay was worth the value.