Ringos Foyer Guest House Reviews

46-A Jln Portugis, Melaka, Malaysia

Bike tour was great, took us to a nice Indian place for food. I'd recommend the tandoori chicken. Room was ok, only negative was the bed sheet didn't fit the bed and the pillow case didn't cover was ripped so it didn't cover either. If I had made the bed earlier I'm sure they would have changed for me, but I didn't want to ask people so late at night. Overall a good stay.

The location is perfect and the staff is very friendly. Put aside the value for money, the facilities is really old especially the bed and air-conditioning as Melaka is one of the hottest city in Malaysia. Definitely will recommend th.is hostel to traveler who looking for cheap and convenient place to stay, but not those who can bear heat.. :P

• 7th May 2015
  • Malaysia

We think our host was the friendliest and most helpful we have met on our travels in Malaysia

• 7th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

A very nice and simple guesthouse. There is only one hot water shower but at this hot weather, a cold bath would be much preferable. The room without air con is hot especially at night, would recommend those who can't take the heat to stay in an air con room. The rooftop is really nice especially during the evenings where the wind is strong. It's very near to Jonker Street food area during the night market.

Very good staff!

Very welcoming! It's not super fancy, but definitely comfortable enough considering the price! :)

Super friendly owner. Great location. Clean rooms. Only thing I didnt like is that no bath towels and no tooth paste were provided. The fridge in our room was not functioning and breakfast was just basic with coffee/toast

• 1st May 2015
  • India

Great staff - really fun and friendly! Good atmosphere!

howard the owner is awesome. very chilled and the communal area gopd place to meet others plus watch films etc even have some good beer in the fridge

Great location, friendly staffs. Definitely value for money.

Definately a backpacker friendly hostel. Has a great location 5 minutes walking to "China Town" and the local night market that is held on the weekends. The owner is very friendly and makes an effort to introduce guests to one another. He took several of us on a bike ride around Melaka and gave us some great advice/knowledge about the area. It's very easy to meet people here with a comfy lounge with couches/TV and awesome rooftop. Would stay here again! :)

As everyone states Howard is super friendly. He took us to the best sim sum, told us where to get the best laksa and tandoori chicken, and took us on an evening bike tour of the city. Simple breakfast, good common areas to meet people and clean.Block away from china town where the night market happens on the weekend, a must. Booked online and there was no dorm option but there were dorms so I don't know how that works. Either way would stay again had a lovely time.

Very warm welcome by Howard, the owner of this place. He definitely puts a lot of effort in making your stay as pleasant as possible with good advice for city sightseeing as well as a fun city bike tour. Location is fine as the Chinatown area is only a 5 min walk away. Bathrooms are clean, basic breakfast is included, wifi works very well and if you just wanna chill out at the hostel there are plenty of movies available to watch. Great place to explore Melaka!

Howard you are a kingly man. It's the first hostel/guest house where I would call the management the host as well. Keep doing what you're doing. Never change.

I loved staying here, as a solo traveler and also sometimes being quite shy Howard made it so easy for me to meet people by organizing daily activities. Great guy, great homely hostel.

The Bad: * an ancient A/C that could not handle the heat of a Malacca afternoon (note: it was fine for sleeping, though) * a double bed so bowed it looked like a twin set of valleys * a common room swelteringly hot in from the mid-morning onward The Good: * really fantastic price (I booked a double to myself) * good basic kitchen, excellent library, and rooftop for drying * quiet location * overall excellent vibe Conclusion: a cut above the usual backpacker hole-in-the-wall.

Close to the centre of town and the owner organises bike rides in the evenings (when I was there at least). Good air con in the room. You just need to try to arrange your arrival time as he wasn't in when I arrived.

Great location, no fuss, no frills but just what we wanted. The owner was very friendly and helpful.

Thank you so much Howard! It was a really pleansant stay and I felt very welcome at your hostel. Also thanks for the great bike tours :) Any time in Melaka again always at Ringos!

This is the place to be in Melaka. The atmosphere in the hostel is great, and the bike tour you have experienced.