Ringside Reviews

112/39 moo 1, Koh Phangan, Thailand

I'll be back soon folks. Real soon. Best hostel ever..

Fantastic location, polite and really helpful staff

Great hostel, stayed here for a few days over the Half Moon! Great atmosphere every night and the staff always make an effort to get everyone involved and having fun!! Half Moon Party night was made better by staying at this hostel, would definitely recommend staying here 😊

This hostel has the best atmosphere and parties in town hands down. I came to Koh Phangan solo and I’ve made friends of a life time thanks to all the amazing staff at Ringside. A big shout out to Wayne and Therese for being such a great help. Not only that these guys know Koh Phangan so well, they also have great connection all around the island which makes it much more convenient. Great location, value and cleanliness. Definitely one of my best hostel experience! Hope to be back soon! Cheers

Thanks so much for taking the time out to review us, our staff have been with us for a long time and are trained to spot solo travellers and ensure that they, along with everyone else, are having the time of their lives!! Our staff are regularly referenced on this site. We wouldnt be where we are without them (from the cleaners, to the tour guides, to the chefs, to the managers, to the barmaids, to the travel specialists, to the DJs ...) one big team, one big family.

My overall rating is excellent! The place is clean. The staff is wonderful especially Paul and Chris. They make you feel at home with so much fun! Chris is a good host and tour guide. Ringside can party, hands down! I just see everyone around me having a great time. I will plan to come back and stay at this place again!

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Philippines

PARTY PARTY PARTY ...thats what we are about, that's why you continue to come in your droves and thats what the whole island is set up for! ''Time and time again Ringside is known as the crowd pulling machine of Baan Tai''. If you stay as a guest or if you are one of the many outsiders that stay in other places but choose to hangout with us, we thank you for your support!!

Best place to stay or drink at if your going to full moon or half moon! I absolutely loved it here and the staff always go out of their way to make sure you're kept happy. Good, clean hostel and I would most definetly stay there again. Crazy mango tour is a must!

• 11th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks so much. We are the only hostel on the island that sells out for half moons as well as full moons. The HM party is getting super popular now and we love hosting people over this period. DJs, events and specials are what we are known for. Thanks for staying with us!

I would most definitely recommend going to this hostel, the atmosphere and the staff are amazing and they make you feel like part of the family! I don't think I will be able to find another hostel that is so welcoming here in SE Asia! The facility are exactly what you want. I would also recommend doing the crazy mango tour that they host! A day of adventure ! I loved every minute of it !!!

Crazy mango pre booking is now becoming really important. We cant cope with the demand at times. Please email jenna or theresa prior to arrival. Please come back next year, thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

Would most differently recommend this hostel, best place Iv stayed. Staff are just fantastic very welcoming and make you feel like part of the family. They go that extra mile just to make your stay fabulous. Rooms are good very clean and nice and cold. Good location. Didn't want to leave, I will differently be going back. Love love love.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

You most differently need spelling lessons but you are also most differently a complete LEGEND for writing this review! haha. Our cleaners are on site 24/7 and the aim from day one has always been to provide western style accommodation in Asia. Glad you felt comfortable. Our air con bill costs us a fortune but there is nothing worst than sweating your balls off when you are staying in Thailand. Have a wonderful onward trip my friend.

They throw the craziest parties on the island, give out free drinks on ladies nights, put on beer pong tournaments, and get everyone pumped before all the islands parties. This is a phenomenal place to stay. Ringside caters to all varieties of travellers. If you want to explore the island Ringside offers amazing Crazy Mango Tours and unmatched travel advice.They make you feel like part of the Ringside family...plus the shooter girl is hot and Jen the tour guide is friendly as well gorgeous!!

• 8th Aug 2015

WOW! Lost for words. The content of these reviews are crucial to us maintaining our position as no1 on the whole island (we are aiming for our third year running). It makes me so proud to read this. The fact that you all take the time out to write these reviews makes everything we do, every hour we put in and every event and party we throw, completely worth it. We would be nothing without you, our customers. Thank you so, so much! Ringside family.

Best entertainment ever, amazing staff, met beautiful friends!

Thanks so much. We work hard on preparing for your arrival. We are the busiest hostel on the island and have been for 5 years, we don't get caught on the back foot when it comes to knowing how to maximise the fun for our guests who often spend a week plus with us. Just come and enjoy - everything is already prepared for your arrival. Thanks again for the review

Loved every minute in ringside! The staff were sick and the mango tour is a must! Best BBQ I've ever had couldn't complain about anything!

Ended up getting charged £14 a night, got there to find out they were fully booked so we got moved down the road to another hostel with no refund where other people were paying £7 a night

I will look in to this for you immediately, please contact us directly with your booking number and we will arrange a refund. With so many bookings I can only assume that a mistake was made here. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience. Relax Corner is seen as an upgrade due to its great sleeping conditions but none the less you shouldnt have been charged the difference.

This review is actually for the 'Relax Corner' as we were moved on arrival due to overbooking, which we felt was a poor excuse as if the booking system is allowing 17 people to get moved, then it's not working. The staff were very nice but we felt even they knew it was a bit rubbish and we would have actually been less put out had we been notified before arrival and given the chance to look for somewhere else. The Relax corner was perfectly fine, but we wanted more atmosphere.

Hi. I want to start by saying sorry. We have not hit the standards we set for ourselves this month. It is true we had a big problem with our booking site which has now been rectified thank god, it caused mayhem (as you can see a few more bad reviews for the same reason this month). We rate Relax Corner very highly. Its spitting distance on foot from Ringside and is very peaceful meaning customers can get the best of both worlds - a great night sleep after the huge party at Ringside!

Great place, well spaced rooms with working aircon and plug sockets by every bed. Really helpful staff. Highly recommended.

Really good place to stay. Great location and the staff were so helpful and friendly. The bar had deals on all night and a great atmosphere! Only annoying thing was you had to pay if you wanted to use a locker! But definately would stay here again!

This is a mostly good hostel. The staff is excellent, but they could do a few things to improve the facilities -- little things, like having lockers in the rooms (and not making you pay extra for them) and greasing the hinges on the doors so they don't wake everyone up each time the door opens. Access to pool nearby is nice. Clean rooms and bathrooms. The atmosphere is distinctly "bro-y", like an American fraternity, so if that's what you're looking for it's great, and if not, not.

Awesome stay in ringside! The atmosphere is the best and also pauls blue eyes. Have tons of fun in ringside!

The staff allways try and make money on you non stop, and you cant bring drinks fromfrom outside

Hi there, strange review but hey ho. Yes we do offer a variety of services such as tours, taxis, travel , drinks, travel, party tickets etc for our guests and yes absolutely we need need to charge for these additional services (just like any other hostel in the world) Our drinks prices are the cheapest on the island, hence our bar is always pumping. The reason we dont allow outside alcohol in is because some alcohol in Thailand can not be trusted and we can not have that alcohol on our premises

Awesome hostel. Staff are super friendly and helpful, rooms are very clean and security is tight. But also a geat party atmosphere. I also like that its bar shuts at midnight - obviously you can keep partying down the road but if you did need to sleep then you could.

Best hostel we stayed in in Thailand! Very clean, safe and friendly and everyone is always up for the craic! I was there with a group of 3 other lads and they all thought the same! Highly recommend the Mango tour, great for meeting people and see some great spots! Unreal hostel!

• 9th Jul 2015