Ringside Reviews

112/39 moo 1, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Really good place to stay. Great location and the staff were so helpful and friendly. The bar had deals on all night and a great atmosphere! Only annoying thing was you had to pay if you wanted to use a locker! But definately would stay here again!

This is a mostly good hostel. The staff is excellent, but they could do a few things to improve the facilities -- little things, like having lockers in the rooms (and not making you pay extra for them) and greasing the hinges on the doors so they don't wake everyone up each time the door opens. Access to pool nearby is nice. Clean rooms and bathrooms. The atmosphere is distinctly "bro-y", like an American fraternity, so if that's what you're looking for it's great, and if not, not.

Awesome stay in ringside! The atmosphere is the best and also pauls blue eyes. Have tons of fun in ringside!

The staff allways try and make money on you non stop, and you cant bring drinks fromfrom outside

Awesome hostel. Staff are super friendly and helpful, rooms are very clean and security is tight. But also a geat party atmosphere. I also like that its bar shuts at midnight - obviously you can keep partying down the road but if you did need to sleep then you could.

Best hostel we stayed in in Thailand! Very clean, safe and friendly and everyone is always up for the craic! I was there with a group of 3 other lads and they all thought the same! Highly recommend the Mango tour, great for meeting people and see some great spots! Unreal hostel!

• 9th Jul 2015

Ringside is currently the best hostel I've been to after travelling the whole of Thailand and Australia. The people there are what makes this hostel so great. The tour guide Jenna is an absolute lad and I highly recommend the mango tour! Full moon was so good here that my friend and I returned 2 weeks later for the half moon which was just as good. We love ringside and everyone who works there! X

• 8th Jul 2015

That's big talk right there! We are always told we are the best in Thailand / Asia but your comment about Australia is flattering! Glad we hit the mark on expectation. HALF MOON goes off at Ringside every month. We are recognized as the only hostel on the island that can hold its occupancy rates outside of the full moon period too. We were grateful to host you and we are even more grateful that you took the time out to put these words down. Legend! All the best

Very warm welcome, staff are very nice and great fun. They get everyone motivated with drinking games dancing etc. Excellent party hostel for backpackers. The only down side was that it was quite far from the main beach and taxi are quite expensive at 100baht per person each way. Overall, I'd highly recommend this hostel. Great place and great fun!

Thanks for the great review. Whilst we can make the prices of our drinks ridiculously cheap we can not control the cost of the taxis on the island im afraid. At the time of writing this 100 baht = 1.8 pound or 2.9 US dollars. Expensive is down to interpretation I guess. In terms of location, we prefer to be next to the parties than the main beach as we believe we have better beaches right in front of the hostel. Koh Phangan is growing away from Haadrin. Safe travels & thanks for staying with us

Had an amazing stay here, staff were so helpful and welcoming! The rooms were nice, only downside there was only two toilets for the whole hostel but saying that I would definitely stay there again. We were there for the half moon and they had taxis pre arranged to take us for 100B so was perfect. Great atmosphere, lively and friendly! Couldn't have asked for a better hostel!

Thanks so much for the review. The staff obviously didn't do a great job of explaining to you (let alone showing you) that there are actually 8 toilets in the hostel and for that I apologize. Atmosphere and location is what we pride ourselves on so glad you enjoyed it!

İt is a party hostel for young people.if you are not looking for drinking a lot and playing beerpong it is a disappointment.but if partying and drinking is what you are looking for go for it.

Ringside is an amazing hostel to stay at, I would recommend it to anybody. The facilities are clean and the staff are the greatest! - Devesh Dhir

• 27th Jun 2015

Ringside is the place to be! Its awsome! The location is great, its next to a big supermarket and in front of there every day you got a market, and its just a 5min walk from the beach. Rooms are nice and clean and there is aircon. There's also a locker for your valuable stuff. The staff is super friendly, very nice! They try to involve you in everything there is to do. I did the crazy mango tour and was great! Its very easy to get in contact with people because of the events! Would come again!

Probably the most fun I've had at a hostel my during my entire trip in Asia. I stayed here or six nights during full moon and ended up changing my trip to come back for three nights for half moon. The staff is amazing they truly wanna get out know you and want make sure that you have the best stay possible. If you wanna be part of the best parties on the island and meet some amazing people then this is the place for you! I'm a solo traveller and came alone and left feeling part of a family!

Awesome hostel! Perfect place to kick start a night and meet people. Staff were heaps of fun and welcoming! Will defiantly be back

• 26th Jun 2015

Wow! Perfect hostel! We stayed for the half moon, they provided free paint and so much fun! Staff were fantastic and helpful. Even the night we didn't go out, they provided a film for us to watch and popcorn. Best hostel I've stayed in! Thank you!

Don't stay anywhere else on Koh Phangan! This place is awesome, the staff and atmosphere really make this place a great experience. All of the rooms/toilets were cleaned daily which is a huge plus. Looking forward to coming back here.

Genuinely loved my time at Ringside! Amazing atmosphere and the staff were amazing..Ill definitely come back next time I'm in Koh Phangan.

• 14th Jun 2015

You star! Thanks so much for making the time to write this. We are coming in to some very busy months so we will need more western staff for cover. Please get in touch with us if you know of anyone suitable. We need fun, caring, motivated and genuine people who can interact well with guests in English. Thanks again.

We had such a fab stay with the Ringside crew! We only stayed for two nights but wish we stayed longer!

Thanks for the review! We strongly encourage people to book at least 4/5 nights on Koh Phangan regardless of your choice of hostel. With countless beaches, parties, tours and the best diving around you really do need more than a couple of days. The island is large and bikes are required to get around due to the sheer size of the place. Safe travels

This hostel was one of the best places I have stayed .... The staff were so friendly and went out of their way to help! Amazing atmosphere

• 30th May 2015

An amazing hostel during full moon period. do not book anywhere else!!!! the staff are great and so welcoming. the location is great and everyone was so friendly. the best hostel i have stayed in. also do the mango tour...its so much fun and you meet so many new people. ringside all the way!!!

• 30th May 2015