Rio Aplauso Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Muratori, 19. Santa Teresa., Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

wonderful breakfast‼︎ nice kitchen‼︎ common area is amazing!!

Kitchen is a little lack of cooking tools. Staff are great. Clean. Good location. אחלה הוסטל.

We felt very well in the hostel. Therer was one problem: confined space and metal bunk beds. It wasn't nice but there was nice atmosphere, location, staff, security in the hostel. There were also good breakfasts in the hostel and even place for common prayer. At last we were glad to stay in the hostel.

• 30th Jul 2013
  • Poland

This hostel has unacceptable dorms installations, with 12 persons squeezed in a 15sm room, on 3-story bunk beds and no room to store the bags. They even added 2 people on mats between the beds, living absolutely no space to walk around. If you want to feel like cattle, go there.

Rio Aplauso hostel was very nice. The room was very clean and staff very friendly. It was a bit too quiet for me but it is the perfect location for someone who wants a quiet, clean, nice hostel to stay. I highly recommend it if you want to avoid a crazy party atmosphere.

• 6th Mar 2013

Watch out! In the dorms the beds are 3 stories high! There is also not that much space for luggage. the breakfast was okay and there was an old man mixing caipis all the time and giving us the "left-overs" for free :) The location is good awesome for party-nights in Lapa and visiting the stairs, Santa Theresa and Centro. But also located in not the safest areas of Rio, so it's better if you walk around in groups. There is WIFI but no computers. The stuff is not that fluent in english.

Our stay in Rio Aplauso was nice, we extended our stay from 2 night up to 5 night in total:-) Breakfast is good here, staff is friendly, location excelent, if you wanna be close to the centre. Anyway everything is reachable by bus in Rio. only thing what we found strange here is the fact that hostel has a rule no let you bring any drinks froum outside. All drinks must be bought here. This is kind of strange rule what we have never experienced in hostel. Anyway the place is overall good!

Poor hostel. The breakfast was the only thing good .

Needless to say we were incredibly surprised when we discovered we were staying in a room with 15 other people when we had booked a 6-bed dorm... No apologies, no discounts. We had to suck it up as it was carnaval but it was pretty bullshit. I just felt for the poor suckers who had to sleep on the top of a three tiered bunk bed... Plus the staff were ridiculously slow, it took this one couple 4 hours to check in!

Very well located to those who want to go to Lapa and the center of Rio. Staff are really nice and the breakfast was the best I ever had in a hostel.

The hostel is really nice and clean! The breaksfast is poor (because we paid a lot) but we enjoy the days in Rio Aplauso. The location is OK if you want go out at night in Lapa, but you should be relly carefull in the street. Thanks!

A great place to be hosted , they are very good and nice people. They were extremely nice with me. Mariana, Defilipi, Rivaldo, Manuel, Andrea, GREAT MATES!!!

• 27th Dec 2011
  • mdojas
  • Argentina

This place has a good location in Lapa close to the street party. It's much cleaner and newer than other hostels I've stayed at in Rio. It is also a lot more quiet if you get tired of the loudness at other hostels. It is not a party place. My only complaint was that the stall doors in the men's room did not cover the space entirely, but I think they can fix that pretty easily.

This hostel is very adequate but nothing fantastic. The staff were very helpful and accomodating (I arrived at 6am and could go to my bed immediately, they helped me organized my onward bus ticket, and tried their hardest to speak English or find someone to translate when necessary). The room was clean and comfortable. There were enough showers and toilets but the bathrooms needed to be cleaned of hair a bit more often. Location is convenient enough but there isn´t much in the neighborhood.

The Staff were really fantastic. A great patio to sit on and chat with people was unforgettable. A excellent NEW hostel localized on a quiet little street. Rooms were clean and breakfast delicious. Rio Aplauso, I will come back 2012 REVEILLON.

the old man made oure day better, he is very fine.

• 27th Oct 2011
  • Denmark

So beautiful and clean.

• 7th Oct 2011
  • Colombia

WOW!! Confortable place! Breakfast was delicious and I taste de brazilian "BARBECUE". I love the staff, they really made me feel at home. I made a lot of friends. Fantastic! I really recommend! I will come back REVEILLON

Average place, very hard beds covered with rubber bags, soft pillows covered with rubber bags also, not confortable. The young guy in the hotel is trying very hard to help, but the girl is not as friendly. Only one shower in the girl bathroom with hot water, luckily I was the only girl there. Good breakfast. I am not sure I would recommend this place.

ALL showers in male and female toilets have HOT and COLD water, since August 2011. The female bathroom has an electric shower and three with gas. Probably, Martine didn't see the faucet. We will put a sign to facilitate for who do not see where the faucet is. And we have to explain that what Martine calls "rubber bags" is a mattress and pillow protector with the purpose of hygiene, to prevent scabies and other harmful germs. This soft protector is cleaned with alcohol to each guest arrival and departure. And the guest can take off if you want.

It changed my opinion of Rio. We had a great time at the hostel. The staff are great, very kind and relaxed. The location was unbeatable, right in Lapas party and restaurant area. But still on a quiet little street. A great place to stay, I would go back tommorow!!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels