Rio Forest Hostel Reviews

Rua Joaquim Murtinho,517 Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great hostel in an amazing location which was perfect for the Carnival. Shame that the taxis won't take you home at night. Really sociable hostel where I met some amazing people.

Nice place, really clean and a bit newer which is nice as you are paying a bit more! Some of the staff were excellent and gave good advice and were super helpful, some were quite unapproachable! I didn't particularly enjoy the atmosphere, but it probably was more to do with the fact that everyone spoke Portugese as a first language and so as an English only speaker, I found myself quite excluded (and while I didn't mind on this occasion, I would have ordinarily!). AC is great, powerpoints too

I liked the hostel and most of the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

I had a great experience. I was able to practice my Portuguese well and everyone was helpful. Gained new friends from the hostel both local and foreign, the location and the view are very very good. The roof top bar and pool were perfect! Rooms were a bit cramped but good and well maintained. Our stay was nearly perfect except on the last few hours, when we were packing and rushing not to miss our flight. It felt like Marcela almost drove us out of the room and failed to get us a taxi/ taxis.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels