Rio Forest Hostel Reviews

Rua Joaquim Murtinho,517 Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The ultimate hostel, has everything you need and more importantly a great atmosphere with the most friendly staff. Igor and Felipe are unbelievable hosts and do your up most to make you get the most out of your stay in Rio whether your looking to surf, party or visit amazing sites that Rio has to offer. This is truly the only hostel in Rio you should consider.

A really nice hostel in a cool part of town with an exceptional breakfast. Cleanliness was good at first but it did get a bit dirty as Carnaval went on. This would be fine except that prices are very high during Carnaval!

• 27th Feb 2014

Verry nice and clean hostel, very good location on 10 min walk from the Arcos de Lapa. Nice breakfast and clean showers. Just be warned that the 3 stories high bunkbeds are a little unsafe, they are quite high and you cant really hold on the steps of the beds to come down, just be careful if you sleep on the topbed. Overal its a very nice hostel, well located and clean.

Only problem I had, was to arrive at the hostel, and discover that the daily was more expensive than that reported in hostelworld. more information is needed about these possible price difference.

• 13th Sep 2013

exelent hostel with nice breakfast!!! very close to lapa and very nice view!!! it has a nice bar and pool!!!! I totaly recoment this hostel if you want to stay in lapa

The hostel had inflated prices for the visit of the Pope. This made it really too expensive for what we were paying for. Free WiFi was fantastic. Staff were very sweet and wanted to help out but knew little about links in and out of the city and the general area. Rooms were great but not enough bathroom facilities for tye amount of guests. Breakfast was fantastic and loved the lady that served it.

List of Pro's and Cons: Let's start with the cons: Arrived ant the reception could barely speak English. We were placed in a dorm downstairs-on suite- but no hot water for three nights. Breakfast was not a buffet and I waited ages for mine. Dorm was very small with no wifi reaching our dorm. Some of the PC's didn't work. To top it- I saw a rat running outside our room the size of a small dog. Pro's: Good location if you are a partier-next to lapa- we had some good nights there.

Great hostel, great location, had some problems with the price due to Hostelworld but sorted it out without any hassle. Up a hill, but right in the heart of Lapa.

I spent three fabulous days in Rio Forest Hostel and I am very pleased with the overall service of this location. The hostel is conveniently located near Lapa without the crazy noise. Everyday it was always a pleasure to return from a walk around the city to music playing at the bar and the pool. In regards to the rooms, there were nicely kept and the plumbing was great! Every morning we would get breakfast and have the opportunity to talk with fellow cohabitants from all over the world.

• 8th Feb 2013

I had an excellent experience at Rio Forest Hostel. I initially came by myself to Brazil. I was a little worried that it would not be safe or fun traveling alone during Carnival but staying at the hostel gave me the opportunity to meet so many people from around the world. My roommates were a great bunch of girls from Brazil, UK, and Australia. I ended up going with them to the festivities and had an unforgettable experience. I really did like the energetic vibe of the place.

• 8th Feb 2013