Rio Hostel Ipanema Reviews

Rua Caning 18, Casa 1, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Br, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff is friendly and very helpful!

A great little hostel with a nice, laid back vibe - just what you'd expect for a place near the beach. The staff are very friendly, the upstairs is nice and the beds are very spacious and clean. It's an unreal area to stay in, walking distance from Copacabana or Ipanema beaches, the subway and great restaurants/markets. Highly recommend. Thanks for having me!!

Tucked away, with two gates you must enter before getting inside. Felt very safe, little confusing to arrive at first and secure a gate key to get inside and checkin. Lobby area and kitchen were very nice. Bunk rooms are a bit crowded, with bunk beds that are stacked three high (at least in the male rooms). Solid water pressure in the showers which was nice. Was only staying one night during world cup so grossly overpaid (~$100+ USD) but was a good place to rest my head.

Everything were great except the front desk girl that checked me in.

For those wanting to hit the beach, this hostel is in a great location. A 5 minute walk and you're there! It is also close to lots of shops and nice places to eat. But be warned, it is definitely at the higher end of the price range of hostels on offer in Rio. I suspect this is because of where it's located.

Me and my friend stayed here for two nights, no complaints at all, we are not fussy people..very chilled out hostel,clean an close to the beach, the hammocks on the roof are awesome just to chill out, the staff where more then helpful when we where in need of anything, I would recommend this hostel for sure, thanks. Marcus and Kyle..

it was nice staying there: esspecially the roof is amazing!!!

very clean and nice hostel, good condition beds and lockers

The hostel has a good location. Its very small, so dont expect a garden with grass. I slept in the dormitory and I got a bed on the top, the smell of humidity of the ceiling was really strong. The blanket was also smelling like old...I didn´t sleep very well because of that. Other things are okay. I enjoyed that they have a kitchen that you can cook and use the fridge. I didn´t have any problem with booking but I saw some people that have booked and there was no bed for them.

• 20th May 2011

One of my friends got bedbugs in this hostel and the staff reacted very unprofessional! They blamed it on us, were very rude and kicked us out of the hostel and did not offer any kind of compensation. Computers were broken and wifi was not working either.

• 14th May 2011

great hostel. amazing chill area upstairs!

It was meant to be a female dorm, but turned out to be a mixed.

overall great hostel. we were a group of 5 girls so security was a big concern and we felt pretty safe here. the staff is really great, very helpful and we met a lot of cool people. definitely recommended!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels