Rio Hotels Mancora Reviews

Calle Tumbes 346, Mancora, Peru

Our stay in Rio Hotel was very pleasant, staff was friendly, caring and English speaking. The place was clean, quite and safe, perfect for spending family holidays.

• 26th Aug 2015

Incredibly frieny staff who were extremely patient with out dodgy Spanish. My boyfriend got food poisoning while in mancora and the staff were really helpful and concerned. No staff members spoke English. Clean and secure, if a little noisy with the road being so close and poor soundproofing, but this seems to be the case in all of Peru!

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

The place was about a fifteen-minute walk from the main part of the beach. The area around the hotel is a little dicey, but the staff at the hotel was very mindful about security. Overall the staff was great, and the price was excellent considering the cost of many of the hotels in the area. I would stay there again.

As a girl travelling alone I felt very secure in this hotel. English speaking receptionist did his best to make me feel like at home and to welcome me warmly. He also gave me many useful advices about travelling in Peru. Thanks to the location I was able to see more than only touristy beach, I could see the real life of Mancora residents what I consider to be an interesting experience. The place was calm, clean and well mantained. I would definitely recommend it.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Russia

We had cold showers every day. The location was further from the beach than we had thought it would be. There was tv in room which was good. Room was very stuffy as no window but there was a fan which we definately needed. Nice and quiet and they always had the building locked.

No-frills stay if you just want to get your head down for the night.

At first the room had no seat on the toilet but that was fixed. The hostel was a ten minute walk from the main area but not bad. Mancora is a little beach town that was a first stop in Peru, coming from Ecuador.