Rio Nature Comfort Reviews

Rua Alice, 1356, Laranjeiras, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Problems with this hostel: 1. We checked in at 2pm and our beds still weren't ready. We returned at 8pm, our beds were almost ready but we had to wait longer again for sheets. 2. All of the staff were very rude and very unhelpful. 3. Our bunk-bed was broke in several places. 4. The showers were very poor, freezing cold then boiling hot and no power whatsoever. 5. The place wasn't very clean or very inviting. 6. There was no atmosphere whatsoever, even during Carnaval. Overall, a bad stay!

Loved our stay here, was worried after the reviews but we had no problems. The rooms do get very hot at night, air con would be better but we had fans in the room. Bathrooms cleaned daily and kitchens. downside in kicthen is the sugar ants everywhere!! Food was left out in the cuboard and attracted them which was grose cooking our dinner. The vibe in the hostel was dull, no parties, no entertainment. Most guests were brazilian/spanish who didnt speak english so we we found it hard to chat

Staff is very friendly, but there isn't much in terms of organisation from what i can see as most of the staff is made of volenteers, who were previous travellers. The rooms are basic, but suffice, however a few extra fans would help with the heat. When i first arrived, the toilet facilities were not clean (seems they had problems with the cleaning staff), but it was quickly sorted out. Overall it was a good stay and the staff were always helpful.

Great place to stay while on a budget! Great staff that speak English; they do an amazing job of creating a friendly atmosphere but like always it's going to depend on what you put in it as well :)

This is a very friendly hostel and I met a lot of nice people here. I really liked the veranda and the pool, we used it a lot. My room were very hot though, because there was no air condition, only fans. Other than that, it was great. I would totally reccomend this hostel! :)

• 30th Dec 2013
  • sangfagel_883610
  • Sweden

The hostel was way to far from everything where ever u wanted to go u needed either taxi or bus... Best thing about the hostel was the backyard with a pool. Only fans in bedrooms and poor breakfast.. Showers were rly good tho!

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

I found the staff and guests very friendly. There was a lovely pool and back area to eat and socialize in. However, the location was pretty far from everything. Also, there was no air conditioning, which they absolutely should have, or more fans, something. I mean, Rio is a furnace during the summer, and that many people in one room leads to heatstroke or dehydration. And most importantly, there were bed bugs, so not too clean. I didn't hate my stay, but I would not stay here again.

Good friendly staff, helpful as they could be in my language, relaxed, ideal cool pool anytime and a nice quiet loocation on the bus route from the main bus terminal

Unfortunately the Hostel and especially the kitchen was not very clean, dirty dishes for days ...

• 14th Nov 2013

Brazil happened to me in this hostel, which means problems, I had booked a dorm bed through hostelworld and when I got to the place they told me there isnt space for the nights which I booked. So I had to take off next day, which obviously cost me more money because of driving around with taxi. Another hostel had the same situation except they sent email to people and the people who still got there had a place to stay in hostel managers house. Otherwise in Rio's rate good and cheap hostel.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels