Rio Nature Comfort Reviews

Rua Alice, 1356, Laranjeiras, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I loved this place so much . I can't wait to go back.

• 3rd Jul 2014

I had an awesome time at Rio nature! Everyone was so friendly. A great place to stay when traveling by yourself.

The location is not great there's nothing around but buses and taxis are plenty full outside. So you can get about, and they don't cost much. The beds weren't comfortable and there wasn't enough bathrooms, and they weren't too clean. There is plenty of communal space though. But the place is decent value and the views are fantastic of Christo and Sugar Loaf!

Only ok I'd say. A little bit rum

Problems with this hostel: 1. We checked in at 2pm and our beds still weren't ready. We returned at 8pm, our beds were almost ready but we had to wait longer again for sheets. 2. All of the staff were very rude and very unhelpful. 3. Our bunk-bed was broke in several places. 4. The showers were very poor, freezing cold then boiling hot and no power whatsoever. 5. The place wasn't very clean or very inviting. 6. There was no atmosphere whatsoever, even during Carnaval. Overall, a bad stay!

Loved our stay here, was worried after the reviews but we had no problems. The rooms do get very hot at night, air con would be better but we had fans in the room. Bathrooms cleaned daily and kitchens. downside in kicthen is the sugar ants everywhere!! Food was left out in the cuboard and attracted them which was grose cooking our dinner. The vibe in the hostel was dull, no parties, no entertainment. Most guests were brazilian/spanish who didnt speak english so we we found it hard to chat

Staff is very friendly, but there isn't much in terms of organisation from what i can see as most of the staff is made of volenteers, who were previous travellers. The rooms are basic, but suffice, however a few extra fans would help with the heat. When i first arrived, the toilet facilities were not clean (seems they had problems with the cleaning staff), but it was quickly sorted out. Overall it was a good stay and the staff were always helpful.

Great place to stay while on a budget! Great staff that speak English; they do an amazing job of creating a friendly atmosphere but like always it's going to depend on what you put in it as well :)

This is a very friendly hostel and I met a lot of nice people here. I really liked the veranda and the pool, we used it a lot. My room were very hot though, because there was no air condition, only fans. Other than that, it was great. I would totally reccomend this hostel! :)

• 30th Dec 2013
  • sangfagel_883610
  • Sweden

The hostel was way to far from everything where ever u wanted to go u needed either taxi or bus... Best thing about the hostel was the backyard with a pool. Only fans in bedrooms and poor breakfast.. Showers were rly good tho!

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

I found the staff and guests very friendly. There was a lovely pool and back area to eat and socialize in. However, the location was pretty far from everything. Also, there was no air conditioning, which they absolutely should have, or more fans, something. I mean, Rio is a furnace during the summer, and that many people in one room leads to heatstroke or dehydration. And most importantly, there were bed bugs, so not too clean. I didn't hate my stay, but I would not stay here again.

Good friendly staff, helpful as they could be in my language, relaxed, ideal cool pool anytime and a nice quiet loocation on the bus route from the main bus terminal

Unfortunately the Hostel and especially the kitchen was not very clean, dirty dishes for days ...

• 14th Nov 2013

Brazil happened to me in this hostel, which means problems, I had booked a dorm bed through hostelworld and when I got to the place they told me there isnt space for the nights which I booked. So I had to take off next day, which obviously cost me more money because of driving around with taxi. Another hostel had the same situation except they sent email to people and the people who still got there had a place to stay in hostel managers house. Otherwise in Rio's rate good and cheap hostel.

Primarily responsible for the hostel were super rude to us, and at times demanded by our group include adolescents 14 years! Another thing is that the hostel did not want to provide the sheets of the beds without receiving full payment, and had received more than 50% of the reserves. Compounding left us in a room with low ceiling super without ventilation and with a shared bathroom with shower burned! When we ask for information about how to get the tourist attractions, simply ignored.

• 11th Oct 2013

We had a lovely stay in this hostel despite the atmosphere between travellers which was a bit cold. One bad thing though: the bathrooms were not clean enough, nothing you can't survive but still you could say it was dirty.

I love this hostel! I made many fds there and staffs are like your friends, the location is a bit remote but there are lots of bus to get there. Can see the Corcovado at night! Simply so beautiful!

Nice hostel, great potential, must be incredible in the summer, bit chilly up there now because they leave all doors open, but they provide blankets. Bathrooms could be a bit cleaner and handwash provided. Very good breakfast, and amazingly attentive breakfast girl but the walk up is a trek. Friendly staff.

We had a terrible experience here! They had bed bugs in every mattress we looked at (three separate rooms) so we ended up sleeping in hammocks on the roof, and the owner still charged us 3/4 of the price we would have paid for beds, claiming it was the cost of breakfast (bread and papaya). They didn´t even seem worried about the infestation, like they probably won´t clean it so DON´T STAY HERE

Dear guests, As you can see, we only have great comments about our hostel. As we are in an area surrounded by tropical forests, insects are common. However, we have repellents available for our guests. We did not charge your night, only a BRL15.00 fee for breakfast, which we offer coffee, milk, juice, tea, chocolate powder, bread, cheese, ham, butter, banana, papaya, apple and orange. We always try to provide a quality service to our guests.

The hostel lies a bit far away from the centre and the Southern beaches but you have good bus connections from the main street when walking down the hill on which the hostel is situated (about 10 minutes walking). The bathrooms are clean and the showers are hot, breakfast is okay. If you want to practise your Spanish, this will be your hostel (the owners of the hostel are Spanish natives and lots of Spanish speaking guests)!

linda katrin estas bienvenida siemrpe rio te ama vuelve pronto

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels