Rio Nature Comfort Reviews

Rua Alice, 1356, Laranjeiras, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Funny to see that it's one of the cheapest guest house in Rio in all senses and that u could find real hotels cheaper just speaking about costs...

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

Good location for Christ but other than that, far away from everything and not in the safest of areas. Hostel wasn't very clean and breakfast wasn't great either.

The hostel is a way away from everything although there are good transport links with regular buses. Majority of staff helpful and friendly although not all. Booked an 8 bed dorm, however 2 extra beds had been squeezed in which made it very uncomfortable. One of my friends had bedbugs so had bites all up his legs. Also the swimming pool is dirty so nobody could go in it.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We enjoyed our stay here although only for a night. It is a little way from most highlights in Rio but is a good basic accommodation if your in need of a room for a short stay. The staff were friendly and the room was comfortable despite being small.

Nice property, a little outside the main part of town but has two buses that stop right at the doorstep and other buses very near by. The kitchen and bathrooms were a little dirty (compared to hostels in other main cities in Brazil). However this may be because it was so busy during the World Cup. Friendly staff, but you must reach out to them for interaction and help. A little pricey, but similar to other Brazilian hostels.

I loved this place so much . I can't wait to go back.

• 3rd Jul 2014

I had an awesome time at Rio nature! Everyone was so friendly. A great place to stay when traveling by yourself.

The location is not great there's nothing around but buses and taxis are plenty full outside. So you can get about, and they don't cost much. The beds weren't comfortable and there wasn't enough bathrooms, and they weren't too clean. There is plenty of communal space though. But the place is decent value and the views are fantastic of Christo and Sugar Loaf!

The hostel is very dirty and bathrooms not so nice and dorms beds very crowded as well. Its quite far from anywhere as well..

Only ok I'd say. A little bit rum

Problems with this hostel: 1. We checked in at 2pm and our beds still weren't ready. We returned at 8pm, our beds were almost ready but we had to wait longer again for sheets. 2. All of the staff were very rude and very unhelpful. 3. Our bunk-bed was broke in several places. 4. The showers were very poor, freezing cold then boiling hot and no power whatsoever. 5. The place wasn't very clean or very inviting. 6. There was no atmosphere whatsoever, even during Carnaval. Overall, a bad stay!

Loved our stay here, was worried after the reviews but we had no problems. The rooms do get very hot at night, air con would be better but we had fans in the room. Bathrooms cleaned daily and kitchens. downside in kicthen is the sugar ants everywhere!! Food was left out in the cuboard and attracted them which was grose cooking our dinner. The vibe in the hostel was dull, no parties, no entertainment. Most guests were brazilian/spanish who didnt speak english so we we found it hard to chat

Staff is very friendly, but there isn't much in terms of organisation from what i can see as most of the staff is made of volenteers, who were previous travellers. The rooms are basic, but suffice, however a few extra fans would help with the heat. When i first arrived, the toilet facilities were not clean (seems they had problems with the cleaning staff), but it was quickly sorted out. Overall it was a good stay and the staff were always helpful.

Great place to stay while on a budget! Great staff that speak English; they do an amazing job of creating a friendly atmosphere but like always it's going to depend on what you put in it as well :)

Private Rooms are ok at best. Cheap accommodation in an expensive city. Overall ok.

This is a very friendly hostel and I met a lot of nice people here. I really liked the veranda and the pool, we used it a lot. My room were very hot though, because there was no air condition, only fans. Other than that, it was great. I would totally reccomend this hostel! :)

• 30th Dec 2013
  • sangfagel_883610
  • Sweden

The hostel was way to far from everything where ever u wanted to go u needed either taxi or bus... Best thing about the hostel was the backyard with a pool. Only fans in bedrooms and poor breakfast.. Showers were rly good tho!

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

I found the staff and guests very friendly. There was a lovely pool and back area to eat and socialize in. However, the location was pretty far from everything. Also, there was no air conditioning, which they absolutely should have, or more fans, something. I mean, Rio is a furnace during the summer, and that many people in one room leads to heatstroke or dehydration. And most importantly, there were bed bugs, so not too clean. I didn't hate my stay, but I would not stay here again.

Good friendly staff, helpful as they could be in my language, relaxed, ideal cool pool anytime and a nice quiet loocation on the bus route from the main bus terminal

Unfortunately the Hostel and especially the kitchen was not very clean, dirty dishes for days ...

• 14th Nov 2013