Rio Nature Hostel Reviews

Travessa Dona Marciana 31 - Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

One of the worst hostels I had to stay at, staff were rude and unfriendly and place is an overpriced dump.

We stayed in a double room & 10 bed dorm, after reading some of the reviews we were a bit worried but the hostel was lovely! It's basic but clean & for the price you pay it is very decent. The dorms are pretty small though. The views are amazing & feeding the monkeys was incredible! It is in a very good location, we walked mostly but 5 mins down the road there are buses that go to everywhere. The only problem was the fridge didn't work so food kept going off, but overall we enjoyed our stay.

The location is actually just great: between the metro and bus nearby you can get everywhere quite easily and quickly, you can even walk to copacabana and there is a small supermarket close to the hostel. FOr the rest I would not recommend the hostel. The rooms are so hot, more than in any hostel I have been around south america and asia and dirty. Also there were frequent water shortages when I was there... so no shower! The macacos are very cute for sure, but is this worth it. it is up to you

stuff is from another country, they are not interested in any help, dont have information. it wasnt possible to sleep during the night. "calm hour" no exist ... my conclusion - very very bad hostel. dont recommend if you are not brazilian....

• 15th Nov 2013