Rio Nature Hostel Reviews

Travessa Dona Marciana 31 - Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I booked a bed in this hostel and soon received a message from the owner saying they were full and that I should cancel the reservation. It wasn't a flexible one though, so I couldn't cancel it. I got in contact with HostelWorld and they told me it's the hostel's responsibility to manage their availabilities. Anyways, they're still trying to see what can be done, but apparently overbooking is not a rare thing here.

The plus with this hostel is the really beautiful view over the city! And breakfast was included (which tasted very well and we chared it with the monkeys). Also Dani who works there was very kind and helpful :) The minus with this hostel was that it was very dirty.. Like very very dirty for a very high price. It was very few lockers to lock your valuables. They could need some more power outlets (there was none in our room!)

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Sweden

Very durty toilets

Extremely dirt place that I ever stayed in my life. Dirt toilets with poor hiegyene, kitchen really disgusting with all the dishes dirt in the sink, only one fridge working instead of all 3. Dirt linen and floor in the rooms. Broken showers, no toilet papers, wi-fi never worked in the rooms. Very poor place to stay in a big city like Rio. I payed for a most expensive double room but a room in a "favela" could be much better than that! I DON'T RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE, EVEN TO THE ALIENS!!!!

• 31st Dec 2015

Loved having breakfast on the terrace, great location with easy access to Copacabana beach and the metro to Rio's other districts. Hostel was basic and had problems with the water supply while we were there but the staff were friendly and it was fine for our first few nights in Rio :)

Terrible place. The dorm rooms were sweaty-hot even during winter because the fans didn't work, the toilets were always dirty and the shower head was falling apart. After having stayed here for 5 days, stoically still trying to enjoy my stay, they kicked me out even if I had another 2 days booked because they overbooked (this happens regularly according to an employee of the hostel). Other guests were luckier and didn't get kicked out maybe because of their race or gender. Please don't go here!

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights. The beds were basic, creaky and came with pretty thin mattress'. There are three fridge freezers but at the time one was not working, the kitchen has a big range cooker and all basic utensils, no frying pan but loads of saucepans! The place doesn't have the best gear but does have a great community feeling. There people who work there are travellers themselves and are great at bringing the guests out of their shells. Its very homely

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels