Rio Nature Hostel Reviews

Travessa Dona Marciana 31 - Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Due to previous comments we were slightly apprehensive but this hostel was absolutely fine, the staff were friendly and the toilets (ladies) were clean. There is wifi in the hostel and breakfast is included, with monkeys. Only slight issue was they tried to check us out a day early and charge us for beers we didn't have. Luckily we had our booking details to hand so we weren't kicked out and they understood when we explained about the beers. Would recommend

Dorms are a complete mess breakfast is good if you have your own plates and cups to put the food and drink on/in....... few of the staff seemed moody

All in all it was a good stay. Some hostels are just a place to stay and during the World Cup this place served nicely. I liked the location - Botafogo is quiet and safe. Copacabana beach (Leme end) is only a 20-30-minute walk (through the tunnel) or a 5-minute bus ride. If you're looking for a bed and won't spend much time hanging in the hostel, this is perfect :) Taxi drivers don't know where this street is though and there is another similarly named so ask for Alvaro Ramos.

This is a budget hostel so don't expect comfort. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere on the deck was good, the monkeys in the morning were a treat. Overall I had a good stay even though it was quite rough around the edges.

Rio Nature was the most expensive hostel I stayed in during the world cup (Including other hostels in Rio, SP, Brasilia, Belo Horizonte and Florianopolis). The beds were really bad they had old and uncomfortable mattresses, and the sheets they gave us looked dirty like if they hadn’t wash them after the last person left. The bathroom was dirty and didn’t even had hot water. Finally you have to climb many steps to get to the bedrooms…. I would definitely recommend NOT going there.

Not very clean and location is far of be good

I loved the balcony patio and the cool Argentine girls that worked there!

This is the worst place I have spent a night on... in my whole life! I have stayed in a lot of hostels around the globe and this was the worst of all. Pictures lied to me!

The private room is okay. The location is very good. The cleanliness was okay. The argentinian staff boy is very cute. And the crowd was very funny about the world cuo!

We have stayed in a lot of hostels and this experience would have to rate among the worst. We were in an 8 bed dorm which was partly occupied by members of the staff who generally showed no consideration for the guests - having a drunken argument at 2am and leaving the room dirty. Bathrooms were also unclean. Breakfast with the view from the balcony was the only positive.

Things are visibly pretty worn out (especially the bedding), very few bathrooms for large # of people up top when full, but the view from the top, the free breakfast, and location in Botafogo mostly make up for those things

Staff were ok. Quite far away, and quite misleading with the appearance of the hostel.

great staff, really loved the youths at reception. Bring the correct cash for your stay, and don't expect too much from the facilities and you will be fine.

One of the worst hostels I had to stay at, staff were rude and unfriendly and place is an overpriced dump.

We stayed in a double room & 10 bed dorm, after reading some of the reviews we were a bit worried but the hostel was lovely! It's basic but clean & for the price you pay it is very decent. The dorms are pretty small though. The views are amazing & feeding the monkeys was incredible! It is in a very good location, we walked mostly but 5 mins down the road there are buses that go to everywhere. The only problem was the fridge didn't work so food kept going off, but overall we enjoyed our stay.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels