Rio Nature Hostel Reviews

Travessa Dona Marciana 31 - Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I booked a bed in this hostel and soon received a message from the owner saying they were full and that I should cancel the reservation. It wasn't a flexible one though, so I couldn't cancel it. I got in contact with HostelWorld and they told me it's the hostel's responsibility to manage their availabilities. Anyways, they're still trying to see what can be done, but apparently overbooking is not a rare thing here.

The plus with this hostel is the really beautiful view over the city! And breakfast was included (which tasted very well and we chared it with the monkeys). Also Dani who works there was very kind and helpful :) The minus with this hostel was that it was very dirty.. Like very very dirty for a very high price. It was very few lockers to lock your valuables. They could need some more power outlets (there was none in our room!)

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Sweden

Very durty toilets

Extremely dirt place that I ever stayed in my life. Dirt toilets with poor hiegyene, kitchen really disgusting with all the dishes dirt in the sink, only one fridge working instead of all 3. Dirt linen and floor in the rooms. Broken showers, no toilet papers, wi-fi never worked in the rooms. Very poor place to stay in a big city like Rio. I payed for a most expensive double room but a room in a "favela" could be much better than that! I DON'T RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE, EVEN TO THE ALIENS!!!!

• 31st Dec 2015

Loved having breakfast on the terrace, great location with easy access to Copacabana beach and the metro to Rio's other districts. Hostel was basic and had problems with the water supply while we were there but the staff were friendly and it was fine for our first few nights in Rio :)

Terrible place. The dorm rooms were sweaty-hot even during winter because the fans didn't work, the toilets were always dirty and the shower head was falling apart. After having stayed here for 5 days, stoically still trying to enjoy my stay, they kicked me out even if I had another 2 days booked because they overbooked (this happens regularly according to an employee of the hostel). Other guests were luckier and didn't get kicked out maybe because of their race or gender. Please don't go here!

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights. The beds were basic, creaky and came with pretty thin mattress'. There are three fridge freezers but at the time one was not working, the kitchen has a big range cooker and all basic utensils, no frying pan but loads of saucepans! The place doesn't have the best gear but does have a great community feeling. There people who work there are travellers themselves and are great at bringing the guests out of their shells. Its very homely

The rooms are dirty and it seems that the matresses nave more than 10 years and the bathroom is small and has no privacity

• 13th Aug 2015

Good for the monkeys n cheese toasties but not a clean place

The bathrooms were hardly usable for the first few days, but once they were cleaned it was acceptable. The room was grungy and my sheets were mysteriously changed in the middle of my stay. It was livable for a few days, but I was not comfortable in the hostel for longer than sleeping.

be ready to loose what you put on the fridge

Loved Rio Nature hostel. It was exactly what I was looking for at a really low price. I was a little sketched cause of the other reviews, but maybe they were expecting the four seasons-- I dont know whats their deal, because me and my girlfriend really enjoyed it. Breakfast was amazing on the balcony although food wasnt prime. Overall a great experience though, many good restaurants close by, amazing view, and not too far from copacabana or ipanema beaches which are a must see. We also saw Chris

• 7th Oct 2014

the only thing why you should stay there are the monkeys......

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Only 2 toilets, never having soap, never having paper, often stuck because there couldn't even be a sign not to throw paper in so that it wouldn't get stuck The breakfast you payed for you might simply not get "because they're out". You even have to fight with the Argentinians, who are staff there, over some milk or coffee Staff is RUDE, inpatient and angry, not willing to help, not taking care of the hostel; you literally feel like you are disturbing them for being there THE WORST EVER!!

Me and my boyfriend had a good time at Rio Nature Hostel. I'd highly recommend to book a private room when travelling with your partner, as shared bedrooms seemed quite busy an noisy to me. But this might be the right thing if you're looking for some action. The room/bed was simple but clean. The little monkeys which are coming for breakfast are really sweet and shy. The hostel is at Botafogo which is a decent neighbourhood and safe at night. The staff was really kind and helpful.

My room stunk like B.O. I wasn't given a pillow so the staff gave me a nasty couch pillow. After he took forever to find me a room (and I checked in late). There's a million stairs up to the rooms and a million more up to breakfast. But the breakfast is good and the view is amazing over the canopy looking at the skyline of building and mountains behind it. Worth the hike! And a view of Christ the redeemer. The location is far from the beaches, but it is walkable. There is a outdoor market near

Cold water, distgusting toiletts, dirty kitchen and uncomfortable beds. We were very disappointed, because the ranking was that high. Breakfast was okay. Only the monkeys on the veranda and an amazing view to Christ Statue made us feel a little better in this hostel. All that for 10€ or 28R$, now it's your decision!

Rooms Not very clean, cleaning was not done regularly. Bathrooms also not very clean and way to few for the amount of guests! The result are lines in order to enter the bathrooms. Staff was average, not over the top. Security...well I left my phone charger out of the locker for one night only. In the morning it was gone and noone knew where it disappeared... Good location, close to Metro (12min walk). Staying there under the given circumstances and paying that amount is not appropriate IMO.

Due to previous comments we were slightly apprehensive but this hostel was absolutely fine, the staff were friendly and the toilets (ladies) were clean. There is wifi in the hostel and breakfast is included, with monkeys. Only slight issue was they tried to check us out a day early and charge us for beers we didn't have. Luckily we had our booking details to hand so we weren't kicked out and they understood when we explained about the beers. Would recommend

Dorms are a complete mess breakfast is good if you have your own plates and cups to put the food and drink on/in....... few of the staff seemed moody

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7