Rising Sun Surf Inn Reviews

No. 236, Section 2, Binhai Rd, Toucheng Township, Ilan, Taiwan

It's RIGHT next to the beach, so perfect for surfing. You can even hear the sea at night from the room, which is nice. It's the kind of place that has a lot of post it notes reminding you of all the do's and don'ts, which can feel a little frustrating. They also charge you 500$ for bringing any of your own beer to the hostel, so I guess you are forced to buy their stuff at much higher prices??Perfect location though if you want sea.

Fantastic place to stay. Nice, warm staff. They gave me everything I needed. Romantic and charming. Only downside, my room had no window. They said the "building" had great ocean views. They mean the balcony out in the hallway. As nice and helpful as the staff were, this upset me, because I felt misled.

• 11th Oct 2015

Only spent one night there but I really wish we could have done more. Everything about our stay was excellent and the staff were always very accomodating to our large group, even though we were very unorganised ;) It was my birthday during our stay and they really looked after us even though they only heard about it in passing. Really nice staff and location. Highly recommended!

I loved how kind the staff was. I loved how relaxed the atmosphere was .I will go there again for sure!

Wasnt happy in this Hostel. - When we arrived we were told lots of rules, one that it is forbidden to drink anything inside the house. Only for water in the night there is an expedition. High charges for everything u could imagine -The dorm room was actually an entrance area. People going in or out will walk trough there. There is also a toilet window connecting to this room that will alight the room every time someone back there uses the toilet. -cheap unstable beds, too short, very noisy

We are sorry that you were not happy. We think every hostel got his policy to be obeyed. Here is a small fish village with old buildings and neighbors are so old. All we need is RSPECT to the environment and the original conditions. Food and drinks cause bugs and ants' problems. Therefore we need to spend time to go to Taipei to prepare everything for food, the cost is very expensive. Hope you understand. We suggest you to book luxury B&B just near to our beach. The price is our 10 times.:)

Nice place to go swimming on the beach, very close to the train station and easy to find. Food is good, you can get all your meals here - which is important as there is not too much else in the area. Definitely would recommend to stay here if going to Waiao

Cool vibes. Very chill. Nice place to stay at, it could be better with the bathroom situation 8people to a bathroom is a little much. But overall, grest place!

• 26th Jun 2015

Great place with friendly staff who make a nice atmosphere. Location is awesome . 2 mins from train station and 5 seconds to the beach. Only slight complaint is only one bathroom (downstairs) shared by 6 people and any other guests. Nothing major but an extra toilet would help. Would definitely recommend and will return!!

Great location and awesome staff! Hoping to go again soon!!

• 2nd Jun 2015