Rising Sun Surf Inn Reviews

No. 236, Section 2, Binhai Rd, Toucheng Township, Ilan, Taiwan

On the beach, short hop to town, so if you're looking to get away from it all, but still be close to town, this is great. Candy was fabulous, and she went the extra mile (several) to help me straighten out a self-imposed mess. Thank you, Candy, and wishing you all the best!

Really friendly staff and nice spot on right on the beach.

I really enjoyed my stay at Rising Sun and highly recommend it. The staff are excellent, and the hostel is clean, comfortable, and right on the beach! The food was good, too. There's little to do in WaiAo itself, but the local train is right there, so it's easy to get around. My only concern was the security of the 8-bed dorm, which was in a separate building that was never locked.

Good place! Good atmosphere! Sunrising Surfing Yoga and Surfing Lesson is strongly recommended!!!

I stayed couple of nights for weekend getaway. Becaz of the typhoon I can't to go Turtle Island, I can't play surfing board and the beach yoga course was cancelled as well. However I really enjoyed staying there. The location is very perfect. Just cross the road after getting off the Wai’ao train station. And you can see the beach from the balcony of the female dormitory. Staffs there are very nice. Although it is mid night when I arrived at hostel, they still came to train station to pick me u

Clean and safe with friendly owners and staff right beside the beach.

This is a gem! Staff are incredibly welcoming, surf lessons/rentals are fantastic & affordable, the location is unbelievable on the non-crowded beach & Turtle Island straight in front of you. It's such a friendly atmosphere, met a lot of really great people, wish I stayed longer than 1 night! Plus that day bed in the main area is wonderful for a nap after surfing. The 8 mixed dorm is spacious & comfortable & secure, although there's nothing to worry about in Wai'ao--it's a worry-free place!

I was really happy to find this place and I went back to it a couple of times on my most recent trip. It's directly on the beach, there are good waves and they rent surfboards. Very, very relaxed and laidback. When I went there most of the staff and other guests were Tawianese who were getting away from the city for a little bit, so it was a great place to meet locals. Felt more like visiting a friend's house than staying at a hostel.

Staff and owner were all super friendly. Great location right on the beach.

Rising Sun Surf Inn is a great place to stay if you intend to go there to surf. which is the purpose of this hostel. In general the place is clean. However, the mixed dorm had no wifi and that was an issue. Overall it's still great.

If you like the beach, ocean, sunshine and surfing, this is the place to be! Staffs are very helpful, the only downside are there are not many restaurant or cafe nearby, but the train station is just right next door.

great hostel!! very nice and chilled little village,staff are really nice,food is good too.right opposite train station and the small town is only a 30 min walk or $15 (twd)and one stop for train ride.they also have board rental.coffee shop a short walk down the beach.