Rising Sun Surf Inn Reviews

No. 236, Section 2, Binhai Rd, Toucheng Township, Ilan, Taiwan

Amazing location, Right on the sea front with a stunning view of Turtle Island. You can wake up to the sound of crashing waves and the hostel is so chilled out. Not much to do in Wai Ao but you can hike some nearby mountains. The main attraction is of course the beach and i enjoyed some great surfing courtesy of the hostel. Staff are super friendly, interesting and helpful so there was never a dull moment. I strongly recommend this place to anyone who wishing to try their hand at surfing.

• 24th Feb 2015

On the beach, short hop to town, so if you're looking to get away from it all, but still be close to town, this is great. Candy was fabulous, and she went the extra mile (several) to help me straighten out a self-imposed mess. Thank you, Candy, and wishing you all the best!

Really friendly staff and nice spot on right on the beach.

I really enjoyed my stay at Rising Sun and highly recommend it. The staff are excellent, and the hostel is clean, comfortable, and right on the beach! The food was good, too. There's little to do in WaiAo itself, but the local train is right there, so it's easy to get around. My only concern was the security of the 8-bed dorm, which was in a separate building that was never locked.

Good place! Good atmosphere! Sunrising Surfing Yoga and Surfing Lesson is strongly recommended!!!

I stayed couple of nights for weekend getaway. Becaz of the typhoon I can't to go Turtle Island, I can't play surfing board and the beach yoga course was cancelled as well. However I really enjoyed staying there. The location is very perfect. Just cross the road after getting off the Wai’ao train station. And you can see the beach from the balcony of the female dormitory. Staffs there are very nice. Although it is mid night when I arrived at hostel, they still came to train station to pick me u